test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review-for-Review - Running Foundries Non-Stop All Day!

Comments

• franksersfranksers Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My thoughts on rixenatorz quest:
    Found myself running back to the fire to heal and using a lot of potions.

Would have liked a bit more decoration in the inn. But a haunted inn does make sense to feel a bit empty and I guess you did this intentionally. Maybe you could add some stuff to make it look a bit more haunted or rundown? The basement does look better though.

The quest had great dialog and it really made the quest come alive and honestly made it one of the best quests I've played. I wish I could get my dialog more focused like that.
    Campaign: Forgotten Conflicts
    Part 1: Whispers of Melal NW-DJMNAUD8H
    Part 2: Ruins of Melal: In progress
  • tarum89tarum89 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    nokturnel wrote: »
    Just tried to look up your quest, via both the code and author search and no results were found.
    Same problem can't find it via code (I'm lvl 59 and am able to look at quests up for review)

Umm... i just checked in the foundry, the code is correct, is the one in my signature :(
    edited May 2013
    I noticed that mine does not show up in the "New" tab but can be found via the code under the "best" tab.
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should always look under 'Best'.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just played it!
    I think you can add more details into the tavern's rooms. I found them very empty and "sad".
    Encounters were well-structured; neither easy nor hard, but tough. I died once but only because I had no potions.
    The story seemed to me instead the very point of strength ... that was intriguing and I'm curious to see how it will continue.
    If I can afford with some pathos and tension in more, the plot would be embellished
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • rixenatorzrixenatorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh okay. Test?

Btw rixenatorz I played your quest, I thought was pretty good! Some of the combat is pretty tough and I had to run away and chug heal potions as fast as I could, but I did make it through without dying. Combat difficulty testing is also something I've been wrestling with.

Thanks for checking out the quest! Yeah, I honestly don't see the problem with the tougher content but so many players have brought it up as an issue that I just went thorugh and thinned out some of the mobs, so hopefully future players won't have too tough of a time. :)

I found the combat in your quest a good pace/difficulty for the most part. Then again, I like hard combat! Haha, but the only problem I really had was in the cleansing ritual with all the mindflayers; I play on a kind of meh internet connection and my bit of lag often saw me getting hit in 4 Mindflayer beams at once and I literally went from full to dead at one point. But I think it would be fine had I had a better net connection!

On the section where I"m supposed to use the cannon to clear the rubble I hadn't really realized what to do at first and instead just hopped over. ;) You can go along the wall on the right and just bypass the rubble. Naturally you ahve to go back to finish the quest, but the fact I could just walk past confused me for a bit. May want to put an invisible wall there or something. :) I enjoyed the twist very much, thanks for sharing your quest!
    edited May 2013
    voivodak wrote: »
    My quest is in signature. You can search also the name: The Fear That Freeze, in "best" or "new"

I just played your quest. My review window didn't come up again, which is getting really obnoxious. (PWE fault, not yours of course.)

If you really want me to run it again I will sometime soon, but considering the rating would be low I imagine you'd rather I not do it to keep your average higher.

The general storyline was fine. Nothing amazing, nothing bad. But the execution really bugged me. I assume by your dialogue writing that English is not your second language. Regardless of if that is the case or not you need to have someone look over your text and edit it for you because there were enough errors to really pull me out of the quest often.

Environments were often hard to work within. The big fiery room where you meet Tybald was an absolute nightmare. I can appreciate some screen shaking, some fire, some very hard mobs, and some confined spaces. I cannot appreciate them all at once for several pulls on end. I would recommend at the very least removing the screen shaking or making it only last for a few moments; the constant shaking really pissed me off, to be honest.

I did like that you crated an exit door for players to use. Not many players would think to leave if they needed potions, so it's nice to ahve that reminder. All in all I'd nerf the combat (I'm quickly learning that what seems easy in lower levels can be nearly impossible the higher your level) and cool it on the special effects. Have someone edit your dialogue and other quest text and then I think it could clean up to be a very neat little quest. :)
  • gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rixenatorz wrote: »
    Thanks for checking out the quest! Yeah, I honestly don't see the problem with the tougher content but so many players have brought it up as an issue that I just went thorugh and thinned out some of the mobs, so hopefully future players won't have too tough of a time. :)

well the combat would be fine at either lower levels, or if people carried more potions at higher levels. It's all dependent on class really, a CW who has mainly aoe's can clear the mobs pretty easily whilst hardly getting hit whereas a TR has to get close and is only single target dps so whilst the TR is clearing the higher mobs the minions are flanking and getting combat advantage so the TR then has to either use stealth to clear the main mob and then run or deft strike to one of the other harder mobs, but quite alot of people don't use deft strike at higher level. or if they have a daily availible they could use that but it depends which daily they use. i for one use whirlwind of blades and the extra stealth one as it gives me an aoe or infinite stealth. but if someones using one of the others they could have major problems if they don't carry potions. i went through the 20 i had on me and still died 3 times :L (and i didn't have any injury kits on me because of a pvp bu :'( )

p.s. i made the first mistake on my first quest, couldn't even run through it on my own character :L
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
    edited May 2013
    gazza126 wrote: »
    hey if your still running foundries. fancy running through mine?
    i'll review yours and a few others here later on (revising atm bloody finals)

Request
    Author: Welsh4evr
    Campaign Name: Wizard's Choice
    Quest Name: Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    Short code: NW-DQ7P2NSND

It was supposed to be multiple choice which would have added alot more depth and combat but i havn't figured it out yet so i've published in the current state

thank you

turns out i accidently altered some things in my last publish so there are some errors (mainly in detail placement).

by the way this is not the final form of this quest. i still have one more minor area with a bit more combat to add. i just havn't decided how to do it yet so i'm publishing in this state atm where there is not much combat but quite alot of dialogue.

I look forward to playing it again when you get multiple choice more figured out. :) Wish I could help but I'm still new!

I enjoyed the basic storyline quite a bit. There were a few typos and spelling errors here and there (Duchess, not Duches, etc.) and I felt that backtracking from the final boss to Cibah was a bit tedious, but I enjoyed it, for sure. :) A nice breath of fresh air, combat-wise, compared to some of the other overly difficult, tedious ones I've played of late. Thanks for sharing it.
  • gazza126gazza126 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha yea that Duchess mistake is done on purpose, for some reason cryptic flags Duchess as profanity so i had to bypass it by getting rid of an s.
    Once the multiple choice is sorted properly there will be a bit more combat with harder encounters if you make the 'wrong' choice. i'm gunna run through it again at some point and mark all the typo's.
    There are some bits currently which probably don't make sense
    *SPOILER*
    Like cutting the goblins ear at the start. but that originally awarded gold coins and i was going to alter the difficulty of the final boss depending on the amount of gold coins you've collected, but don't think thats possible :'(
    *SPOILER END*

This quest does have one final bit to be added, hence the run to cibah but i haven't decided how to implement it yet.

Thank you for the review, i'll review the next in your campaign when you release it.
    Wizard's Choice Chapter 1
    NW-DQ7P2NSND
    A wizard's quest to save himself, and his companions
    edited May 2013
    franksers wrote: »
    My thoughts on rixenatorz quest:
    Found myself running back to the fire to heal and using a lot of potions.

Would have liked a bit more decoration in the inn. But a haunted inn does make sense to feel a bit empty and I guess you did this intentionally. Maybe you could add some stuff to make it look a bit more haunted or rundown? The basement does look better though.

The quest had great dialog and it really made the quest come alive and honestly made it one of the best quests I've played. I wish I could get my dialog more focused like that.

Remember the inn was only bought a few weeks ago so it can't be terribly run down, and she's just moving in. You'll notice that between the time you leave for the library and the time you get back she's unpacked quite a bit. ;)

Thanks for the review.

In regards to your quest: I loved it. I would have given it 5 stars had the window freaking stayed up. I will definitely be replaying it so that I can give you a proper in-game rating.

I do hope that, before I do that, you change something though. I messed up the stealth part of the house (which is awesome, by the way, great use of the tool to make a challenging task that isn't just killing mobs!) and died. When I rezzed at the fire I was inside the wall and could not progress. I had to spam /killme a few times and of course right as I did that I spawned into one of the patrolling packs. While the fire does look great in the fireplace I'd say movre the respawn fire downstairs where it is a safe and secure spawn point. My injury kit stock will thank you. ;)

Other than that I adored this quest, I very much look forward to more. It's obvious you put a lot of work into your environments, writing, etc. and it really shines.
    edited May 2013
    And with that review I'm headed to bed. Any newcomers are welcome to post your foundry quests. As you can tell from the original post you are much more likely to get a swift review if you review mine in turn. I make no guarantees about getting to your quest in a timely manner otherwise. It is review for review, after all!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your feedback. I guess I got so used to sneaking my own way through I didn't test out the respawn properly. I'll fix that now.
  • ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine are at my sign.

Note that they are not your typical "Go in, kill, get out" quests.
    They are exploration with little to no help pointing out the way, where stuff that is not on objectives must/should be achieved in order to get a smooth ending.

:)
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This was a pretty short quest and I was left wanting more, but not in a good way. You should add some content or something to add more meat to the quest.

The combat was fun and the maps were put together fairly well. You may want to change some yellow text to white though. There were also a few "interact with" errors.

Overall a 3/5. I just needed more.
    edited May 2013
    I really don't udnerstand why all the sounds effect i used in my quest doesn't work in game... it's too important for giving life to all the creation. Doesn anyone has encountered the same problem with my quest? Thanks
  • ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's bugged atm. Music and sound fx does not work on live foundry missions.
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • schidooshschidoosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want a quest with challenging combat and a decent story grounded in Faerun lore, then grab a friend and check out Stronghold by the Sea (link).
    [Click on the quest for additional information]
    (Q) Stronghold by the Sea
    edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    Hey, here si my:
    NW-DDJJA7X98 (The camp and bandits)

Thanks ;)

I played yoru quest a few days ago but passed out before reviewing it here, sorry about that. I thought the combat was very well-paced, and the time travel was an interesting concept that I hadn't run into in any foundries yet. I'd like to see some more detail added to the forest area; more bushes or dirt mounts or just anything to make it not look like an empty landscape. :)

I think your quest title is very very boring and smacks of someone who just threw together a zone, which is sad because the quest is not that way at all. Perhaps try to think of a livelier title to attract more players?

Edit: I see in-game it's now listed as A Cry From the Past. A much better title! :D
    edited May 2013
    I'll try it.

My quest is in my sig.

I love the spiders scattering when you first enter the sewers, very nice touch. :) While fighting Pindrop the left side of the area seems to maybe have an invisble wall there? I got stuck behind it for a bit and couldn't target him, but I could "walk around it." So that may be something to check on.

Other than that one invisible wall thing I loved every bit of your quest. The cathedral portion in particular was very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. I usually try to give suggestions or something but all I can say is I'm looking forward to more. :D
  • luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, If you wouldn't mind reviewing the quest in my sig that would be great, once I see you have done so I'll do the same.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
    edited May 2013
    Just plaid your quest, i liked it a lot.
    It was a bit hard for me to follow the dialogues but that's because i'm not very good in english, so i used the tranlator for many dialogues (my fault).
    In the beginning i was a bit hesitant about the inn almost empty, but once i talked with Ysolda i understood ;)
    The other areas was well decorated, the characters too.
    I'm sure you will do something even better with the next chapter!
    I hope you'll like my quest too :)
    Cheers
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to do a review swap. I'll make sure to review yours tomorrow morning after I get home from work. Graveyard shift = fun times.

Short Code: NW-DTET2QLF4
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?250032-Tales-of-the-Black-Hand

EDIT: I reviewed it. 2 posts down. :p
  • ddsauterddsauter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna play yours now ;o)

Mine:
    Quest: The Necromancer's Staff

Author: @deesauter

Short Code: NW-DC95ROS61

Mission: A mysterious drow is in hiding in Moonstone Mask and asking you to eliminate her sister - the most immediate threat to her heirarchal status. Her sister, Verzpeth is dabbling in the necromantic arts with the use of a powerful staff fueling her ambitions to become Matron of the Drovai family. She has taken up residence in the family crypt and kidnapped several townsfolk to use in experimentation. Steal the staff, defeat the sister and rescue the townsfolk.

Mission Type: Combat, Story

Difficult: Medium, some Hard encounters

Average Duration: 60 minutes

Amount of Combat: Average

Starts at: Moonstone Mask/ Protectors Enclave

Author Hints: Bring some potions to help you out. Some hard monsters.

Note: This is my first quest. I'd love feedback and suggestions.

High Res Screenshots: http://www.musicliferadio.com/nw/
    Thanks,

Dee

Published Quests:

*Drow Family Ties NW-DC95ROS61 / My first foundry quest ;o)
    *The Gold Medallion NW-DIDEBDBXJ / Q1 in Book Of Time Campaign
    *Tordek's Tools NW-DP3C77MU8 / Q2 in Book Of Time Campaign
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I said I was going to do it tomorrow morning, but decided to stay up and play it now instead of getting to sleep right away. :p

Overall thoughts:
    I enjoyed this quest.

I'd consider putting a few less ghosts in the first part of the inn (before you go into the basement), to ease the player into the quest. Makes more sense for there to be more and more ghosts as you get closer to the source.

I liked the dialogue overall. I hope we see a bit more of the crotchety old librarian in later quests.

The brother suddenly attacking felt out of place, but made perfect sense after talking to other NPCs. Maybe have a bit of text pop up when he starts attacking you?

The short length is good to introduce the player to the campaign. I hope later quests are a bit longer, though.

I'm interested to find out what these others books are that the brother's letters referred to. I'll keep an eye out for when you put out the next one.

Overall gave it a 4/5.
  • markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I just uploaded the third and final chapter of my The Thamus Blade campaign. The short-code is NW-DJHWOYMOY

Anyone interested in it, I highly recommend you play the first two chapters since it does drop you off immediately after the ending of the second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna check yours out in few, rixenatorz. I'll throw up a review here when I'm done!

EDIT: Just did it! Very awesome and polished. Plus I enjoyed fighting ghosts instead of orcs and bandits for once, haha! Great use of NPC chatter to really make the second map come to life too. It's little stuff like that which I really enjoy on these maps. I look forward to the next one!

I'm @Lya in-game, and the short code on my module is NW-DJGYNI7NH if you wanna try mine out! :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
    edited May 2013
    tarum89 wrote: »
    Hi, i published my quest some days ago but no one plaid it :(
    If you'd like to test, here it's

Short code: NW-DB5GERXA3
    "An Artifact from the Depths"

It's a classical rpg quest with mistery, dialogues, monsters, some little puzzles and in my opinion lot of fun!

the issue i found (but i experienced it in every foundry quest) the music and the custom effect i added doesn't work...

Cheers!

Thanks for submitting your quest! I just finished it. The storyline itself was very enjoyable. You should take some time to edit your dialogue text; there were a lot of errors in most of them. The story was still easy to follow, though, and I liked the exploration aspect moving through the cave/crypt area.

I'm currently level 50 and the final two fights were very very difficult. I likely wouldn't ahve been able to finish the last fight in the crypt if I hadn't been able to use my Cleric divinity to knock most htings off the edge. I was doing fine till the last two fights and died 6 times in the last two fights, alas. So I would look at thinning out those two encounters.

Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    I'd love to do a review swap. I'll make sure to review yours tomorrow morning after I get home from work. Graveyard shift = fun times.

Short Code: NW-DTET2QLF4
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?250032-Tales-of-the-Black-Hand

EDIT: I reviewed it. 2 posts down. :p

Thanks for submitting yoru quest, it was great. Often quests are plagued with dialogue errors. Your quest was well-written and the storyline was enjoyable. It was nice to not be overwhelmed by difficult stacked encounters; something I've been running into a lot lately. 5 Stars, thanks so much for sharing your quest with me. :)
    edited May 2013
    rixenatorz wrote: »
    Thanks for submitting your quest! I just finished it. The storyline itself was very enjoyable. You should take some time to edit your dialogue text; there were a lot of errors in most of them. The story was still easy to follow, though, and I liked the exploration aspect moving through the cave/crypt area.

I'm currently level 50 and the final two fights were very very difficult. I likely wouldn't ahve been able to finish the last fight in the crypt if I hadn't been able to use my Cleric divinity to knock most htings off the edge. I was doing fine till the last two fights and died 6 times in the last two fights, alas. So I would look at thinning out those two encounters.

Thanks!

Thank you, you are great!
    I will keep the two fight easier :)
    Unlucky i had many crushes and bugs when i tried to change character in foundry: can't spend skill points, weapons were not in inventory or equipped and other things like that so i can't tried nothing but a rogue lvl1. I than plaid my quest once published with my lvl 30 guardian and i had no many problems, but i saw many many difference from the foundry lvl1 quest: mobs were very stronger and they summons many zombies, probably skills gained with levels?
    Anyway i'm going to keep the encouters as standard hard, right now is double hard.
    2thousand of thanks, i really will change this :)

Regarding the grammer... i'm not english, i know it enough to work worldwide as freelancer 3d modeler, so my dictionary is very small and not very corrected :(
    I used the translater for most things and tried to fix some dialogues, but i really can't do better than this in grammer, i'm really sorry.
    I thought about publishing in italian but i think it's better to have a bad translated quest than a quest just for italian gamers, hope you can understand :)

cheers