test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is unacceptable

ateousateous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Imagine how much you people could accomplish if you put as much effort into doing something with your life as you do complaining about losing 7 hours of playtime on a video game. That is free to play.

People are dying and losing everything for real in Oklahoma today. Their day is infinitely worse than yours.
Post edited by ateous on

Comments

• qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    ateous wrote: »
    you people

What do you mean; you people?

493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg
  • ateousateous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know, those people...
  • ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine how much you people could accomplish if you put as much effort into doing something with your life as you do complaining about losing 7 hours of playtime on a video game. That is free to play.

People are dying and losing everything for real in Oklahoma today. Their day is infinitely worse than yours.

Is complaining about people complaining somehow better ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • rpgworpgwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10/10 Well said post, would bang.
    Server: Olympus West
    ID: 8100158G080801054006070S3fdfb2

Server: Midgard East
    ID: 7100153G080801058006170S3fafb2
  • cyandk18cyandk18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who, the green people ??
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I play 7 hours to support the developers of Neverwinter so they can make a living and feed their family, and have their kids go to college, who may end up becoming more successful than their parents and become billionaire philantropists feeding kids in Africa.

We all have our roles to play in this world.
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    What do you mean, you people?

What do YOU mean, you people?
  • ateousateous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I would say it's more about bringing perspective to the situation.
  • rayusrayus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »

^^ /10chars
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would say it's more about bringing perspective to the situation.

Dont care about other people whom I do not know, I care about my enjoyment though. WIPE THE SERVERS!
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mmmlluuuuuuugh! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE! Twelve years dungeon. All of you. Dungeon. Seven years, no trials. C'mon, let's move it!
  • calibashcalibash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

People in Oklahoma are dying so why are you complaining about people complaining about a video game?

See how that works?

Do you think your not complaining about this monumental screw up is somehow a tribute to the lives lost in Oklahoma?
    edited May 2013
    A 7 month old baby was crushed in a daycare this afternoon when the ceiling came down on her and the teacher trying to protect her.

70 more children and teachers are trapped in a collapsed school.

But who cares! you lost some insignificant astral diamonds and maybe a little bit of playtime. UNACCEPTABLE!!! cancel your account for the free to play game that is in beta.

God forbid the outcry though if Neverwinters server had happened to have been located in oklahoma.
    edited May 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    What do YOU mean, you people?

Huh?

493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A 7 month old baby was crushed in a daycare this afternoon when the ceiling came down on her and the teacher trying to protect her.

But who cares! you lost some insignificant astral diamonds and maybe a little bit of playtime. UNACCEPTABLE!!! cancel your account for the free to play game that is in beta.

God forbid the outcry though if Neverwinters server had happened to have been located in oklahoma.

Still dont care, but thanks for trying
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just f'in burned my pc's and kicked my dog after all of this and signed up a Peacecorps.gov. Thanks for waking me up.
    edited May 2013

Why exactly do you care so much about other people's complaints? I honestly want to know.

People die every 1.8 seconds from all sorts of causes. Do you honestly believe that we should all live in regret and remorse for the rest of our lives for having personal complaints or only when they put it on the news?
    edited May 2013
    calibash wrote: »
    People in Oklahoma are dying so why are you complaining about people complaining about a video game?

See how that works?

Do you think your not complaining about this monumental screw up is somehow a tribute to the lives lost in Oklahoma?

Like I said earlier, its about bringing perspective to people that have none. There is nothing I can do about it, but at least I am not ignorant to the fact that things in life could be much worse than some time spent in a digital world. The ridiculous outcry over something that has little to no effect on your real life is sad. There are more important things to get upset about, and the venomous way that people talk on this forum to the developers and other members of the community is ridiculous.

I spent $200 on the founder pack and another 50 to buy keys to open lockboxes. I played most of saturday and lost levels, 6 celestial coins, and some loot. Somehow though I found it in myself to shrug, say that sucks, and move on with my life. Im not petitioning my government to investigate PW, Im not making petitions online to rollback servers to zero, and I am certainly not forgetting that it is just a free game-in open beta, and any money that I put into it was voluntary and that sometimes crappy things happen.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013

Imagine how much you could have accomplished if you didn't post this thread.
    edited May 2013
    Still dont care, but thanks for trying
    perspective lost on another person. That is just an example of something happening right now that is worse than losing astral diamonds. Thanks for coming.
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    Imagine how much you could have accomplished if you didn't post this thread.

actually in between starting and posting this thread I donated money, fixed a strangers bike wheel, paid my employees. what did you do during your response?
    edited May 2013

Actually, yeah this would have been another fail. You're probably right-on about the outcry for the stupidity of putting server farms in the worst part of tornado alley.
    edited May 2013
    actually in between starting and posting this thread I donated money, fixed a strangers bike wheel, paid my employees. what did you do during your response?

I wondered how many of the people who will die today, around the entire world, and not just in your back yard, you decided to give a **** about this morning.
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    I wondered how many of the people who will die today, around the entire world, and not just in your back yard, you decided to give a **** about this morning.
    IT IS AN EXAMPLE. Perspective. Do you have it?
  • theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Says the guy on a forum instead of out taking water to the survivors... nice work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
    edited May 2013
    Says the guy on a forum instead of out taking water to the survivors... nice work!

Well, I dont live in oklahoma, so that would be hard to do. But I did donate $500.
    edited May 2013
    perspective lost on another person. That is just an example of something happening right now that is worse than losing astral diamonds. Thanks for coming.

Doesnt effect me like losing my diamonds effects me.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited May 2013
    IT IS AN EXAMPLE. Perspective. Do you have it?

My perspective is that people are dying around the world every day, and that you're trying to guilt trip people for being on this forum instead of out doing something to help Oklahoma, when you yourself are on this forum. Are you going to donate any money to the families of the 50+ people killed in Iraq today because of car bombs? Or does your perspective stop at the US border?
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Fixed a strangers bike wheel? +10
This discussion has been closed.