test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is unacceptable

2»

Comments

• horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My mom says I over-achieve every time I post here!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    The rollback occurred for hours between 5am and 2pm in my time zone. I was at work, along with probably every other mature and productive person in my time zone.

Totally unaffected by this. Thanks for putting effort into fixing things, Cryptic.
  • femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Horrible things happen somewhere in the world every day. Doesn't mean people can't still be pissed about things that directly impact them.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ateous wrote: »
    Imagine how much you people could accomplish if you put as much effort into doing something with your life as you do complaining about losing 7 hours of playtime on a video game.

Well to be fair seven hours of playtime will let you complete the dailies at lvl 50...well come close anyways...

>_>

What happened in Oklahoma is a tragedy but why some of you revert to these comparisons is really what isn't acceptable. It is a forum about this game so of course whether positive or negative people are going to talk about it. It doesn't mean they don;t care or are oblivious to real world issues and catastrophes.

Is this going to be the new thing? Because there seem to be a lot of posters as of late trying to guilt people by bringing up real word events and the such. Getting really annoying....
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I still don't see how he fixed a strangers bike wheel in such a short time? boggle
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Wow,I think I have read it all now.Stop moaning people because people are dying in the real world.How weird does that sound in a game forum? The news and politics forum is that way >>>>>
  • ateousateous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    My perspective is that people are dying around the world every day, and that you're trying to guilt trip people for being on this forum instead of out doing something to help Oklahoma, when you yourself are on this forum. Are you going to donate any money to the families of the 50+ people killed in Iraq today because of car bombs? Or does your perspective stop at the US border?
    Actually I didn't tell anyone to help out in oklahoma. I was told to, and I already have. I am also not guilt tripping anyone for being on this forum, but that the people that spend so much energy complaining about something that 1. has already been addressed, 2. most people asked for, and 3. that really has no bearing on anything that happens in real life. People are linking to government petitions, online petitions, spamming topics, creating a ton of new topics just to complain about the same thing, calling developers names and threatening lawsuits.

If you dont truly think that there is something better that could be done with the effort put into doing all that, like actually being constructive on the forums; then I dont know what else to tell you.

My Oklahoma reference is just an example of something happening RIGHT NOW that affects hundreds of thousands of people. Losing lives, and livelihoods. my point is that THINGS COULD BE WORSE. but of course trolls like you just gloss over that I've pointed that out 5 times now. and instead focus on taunts and being as ignorant as possible to what i am really trying to say.

Have a good day, and I hope something truly unfortunate never happens to you.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    lieo wrote: »
    I still don't see how he fixed a strangers bike wheel in such a short time? boggle

Apparently all you need is some perspective, Lieo. Perhaps 'Perspective' is the brand of bike repair kit OP uses?
  • ateousateous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lieo wrote: »

it was in between starting the thread until actually posting the thread.
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    Well to be fair seven hours of playtime will let you complete the dailies at lvl 50...well come close anyways...

>_>

What happened in Oklahoma is a tragedy but why some of you revert to these comparisons is really what isn't acceptable. It is a forum about this game so of course whether positive or negative people are going to talk about it. It doesn't mean they don;t care or are oblivious to real world issues and catastrophes.

Is this going to be the new thing? Because there seem to be a lot of posters as of late trying to guilt people by bringing up real word events and the such. Getting really annoying....

Because finding something that people actually care about is hard to do. Human suffering is something that most people should have empathy for, but maybe If I had said my monitor died today people would have related easier. I only put it because it is literally something happening right now.
  • lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    Apparently all you need is some perspective, Lieo. Perhaps 'Perspective' is the brand of bike repair kit OP uses?

I guess I could be perceiving things all wrong? they might be seeing things from down low? who knows.
    edited May 2013
    Because finding something that people actually care about is hard to do. Human suffering is something that most people should have empathy for, but maybe If I had said my monitor died today people would have related easier. I only put it because it is literally something happening right now.

well if your looking for people who care about that wind event in tornado ally your on the wrong forums
  • femaelstromfemaelstrom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No, you put it there to make yourself feel superior to other people and to dismiss their feelings. You basically said "Nobody should complain about this because it's not important and there are bad, more important things going on in the world". The problem with this thought process is that if all people did was worry about bad things happening all over the world they wouldn't be able to do something fun. And they're upset because something happened to their source of fun.

If anyone needs perspective it's you.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Troll because I think your comments are pretty stupid? Good one.

Do you want to know what I do in my free time to relax?

I play MMOs, which I care about a lot. I value the time I'm able to spend playing because it's only a short amount of time each week, and because it's time I get to spend with some amazing friends across a few different games.

Do you want to know what I do outside of my free time?

I split it between building guitars on commission, and working as a volunteer in the Christchurch Rebuild, helping repair the earthquake damage that killed 185 people here in 2011.

The fact that there is so much outrage here only goes to show how passionate people are about their game, and if you think it's unacceptable that people need to vent outrage and frustration, then you're seeing the events of the last 24 hours how you think they should be seen, not how they actually are. People have the right to be annoyed at what's going wrong. If you're not annoyed, then that means less stress for you - congratulations, you may live longer because of that.

You're not doing one bit of good trying to chastise and guilt people for speaking up about what's pissing them off, about this game, here in the official forum that was created for just that purpose.
    edited May 2013
    There are people starving in Africa so you will take your nightmare box and like it goddammit!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FRESH MEAT FOR THE GRINDER!

Dead people don't care about what happens to them, they don't exist anymore. People losing everything only lost stuff, they don't lose their lives and should be happy with that. In most cases, that's just money. Insurance policies will pay, so who cares?
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what exactly is the difference between dying and throwing time in the garbage ?
  • silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine how much you people could accomplish if you put as much effort into doing something with your life as you do complaining about losing 7 hours of playtime on a video game. That is free to play.

People are dying and losing everything for real in Oklahoma today. Their day is infinitely worse than yours.

and yet here you are complaining
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Imagine how much you people could accomplish if you put as much effort into doing something with your life as you do complaining about losing 7 hours of playtime on a video game. That is free to play.

People are dying and losing everything for real in Oklahoma today. Their day is infinitely worse than yours.

Don't try to rationalize with these MMO'ers. I have come to the conclusion that they are all clinically insane.
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Is complaining about people complaining somehow better ?

Quote for truth.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Don't try to rationalize with these MMO'ers. I have come to the conclusion that hey are all clinically insane.

Except you of course. Amiright?
  • frigidheartfrigidheart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    donotfeedthetrolls.jpg

Relevant.
  • phonzobruphonzobru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I didn't tell anyone to help out in oklahoma. I was told to, and I already have. I am also not guilt tripping anyone for being on this forum, but that the people that spend so much energy complaining about something that 1. has already been addressed, 2. most people asked for, and 3. that really has no bearing on anything that happens in real life. People are linking to government petitions, online petitions, spamming topics, creating a ton of new topics just to complain about the same thing, calling developers names and threatening lawsuits.

If you dont truly think that there is something better that could be done with the effort put into doing all that, like actually being constructive on the forums; then I dont know what else to tell you.

My Oklahoma reference is just an example of something happening RIGHT NOW that affects hundreds of thousands of people. Losing lives, and livelihoods. my point is that THINGS COULD BE WORSE. but of course trolls like you just gloss over that I've pointed that out 5 times now. and instead focus on taunts and being as ignorant as possible to what i am really trying to say.

Have a good day, and I hope something truly unfortunate never happens to you.

**** America. You murder millions of civilians for their natural resources just so you can complain about which celeb is wearing the wrong dress. **** America.
    edited May 2013
    donotfeedthetrolls.jpg

Relevant.

I'm stuck at work. Gotta pass the time somehow. Screw actually working...
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mmmlluuuuuuugh! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE! Twelve years dungeon. All of you. Dungeon. Seven years, no trials. C'mon, let's move it!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is getting us nowhere
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    phonzobru wrote: »
    **** America. You murder millions of civilians for their natural resources just so you can complain about which celeb is wearing the wrong dress. **** America.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And please, tell us your country of origin so we can link distasteful events of your county.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with stormdrag0n.

While the OP had an excellent point this thread has seen it's day come and go.

I hope you all can enjoy the game but when it comes down to it remember there are more important things in life than video games. When you can, lose yourself in another world, but don't forget the rest of the world needs you too. :)
This discussion has been closed.