test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plea for official response from Neverwinter/PWE staff.

2»

Comments

• Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heretik43 wrote: »
    Actually it doesn't. I and all of my friends who play Neverwinter do not post on the forums. We just don't really have the time. But we still care very much for the game and I am sure there are alot of people out there that do likewise.
    Uhhh... hello how are you today. This is the forums, thank you for your post you concerned citizen....
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    The answer is simple: The forum community does not represent the community as a whole. Furthermore, the polls in places such a forum are very open to manipulation and are far from a reliable indication of the attitude of any group.

^This
    /10chars
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forums really do represent the community, it is the highest form of community representation of people that care about the game. All of the people saying otherwise are just like the guy who.... posted on the forums to say he does not post on the forums....
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    amb2012amb2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is just dissolving into a mess with a bunch of people talking about entirely different things so here's a brief summary of important things to understand:

The forums do represent a community of people that do care about the game to some degree, there would literally be no other reason for anyone to be here (even trolls).

You can care about the game to some degree without being an active participant, or even a participant at all on the forums (like me!). There are numerous ways to show care for this game, be it buying things, developing foundry stuff, reporting things in-game or even directly contacting support through emails and such. This forum is merely one avenue of many to show support and care for this game and to state that anyone that isn't active on these forums shouldn't be considered is just silly.

Anyways, the original point that got brought up the immediately deflected into this silly argument about whether or not members of this forum care about the game, is that saying this forum represents the majority of players is just plain wrong. This is merely one chunk of the overall player-base for the game and while the discussions and polls can be used to give insight into certain things, it just cannot and should not be the main consideration for anything as if it was some sort of "majority".

Disagreeing with any of the above makes you delusional.

As for the purpose of this topic: It's silly. Just silly. They have made their decision and clearly stated what that decision was. They decided to not punish every single player of the game for the actions of a select group of people. Why this has provoked this demand for a justification as if they've done something horribly wrong is beyond me (also possibly highlights whats so incredibly wrong with gamers these days...)

But that is merely my view on it. If they choose to respond and attempt to calm what ever concerns you people have then it would be incredibly nice of them but I won't, and honestly no one should, hold it against them for not responding in this particular case.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forums have scared off most reasonable people from looking at anything more than the patch notes, announcements, and dev tracker. Certain forums are such a vile cesspit of negativity that stepping in there will never make yourself clean again. So in the end, you have the people with thick enough skins that they can survive the filth of the forums or the trolls. Saying that forums represent the majority of the players is simply not true since decent people usually don't survive long here.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    All of the people replying to this thread care about the game, and are on the forums because they care. So, for you to reply to this thread and say that people not on the forums care about the game, shows a complete lack of understanding on why you are even here. This is sad that you do not even have self realization. If they are not on the forums while the game is down to see what is going on and respond, then they could care less, they are going meh game down, game of thrones time or another game time. It made no difference to them. That in and of itself is not caring about the game.

I would have to disagree with you there mate. There are people who do care for the game by buying stuff, but do not want to go on the forum.

I have pretty thick skin so many things won't upset me, but there are a lot more people who are not as thick skin. Reading the forum can get pretty rough. So some might avoid it all together. Heck, there are a lot of thread started out innocent enough but there are some posters out there who are just mean (or their intention seem mean)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    1) They already did post NO WIPE
    2) This forum in NO WAY represents the majority of players
    3) PW is not stupid, they know a wipe would mean the DEATH of the game
    4) Drop this topic already you trolls
  • Options
    stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Uhh, they didn't do a full wipe because they stated before anything, no more wipes after Open Beta.

Get out of here with your polls, they are not going to go back on that statement.
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.