test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quitting unless Servers wipes

13»

Comments

• hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Generally speaking, if you look back at all those exploits people used to gain an incredible amount of AD selling Tier 2 items without doing anything. People using the item exploits where you gain an unlimited amount of power and use that to run 5 minute Castle Never dungeons. The Foundry exp exploit where you can easily reach to level 60 in just a few hours. Its not fair for the people who spent days to level 60 while some people just uses 2-3 hours of their time exploiting the foundry quests.

Its either they wipe all servers, giving back the people the Zen/AD they purchased and everyone start over again with all bugs/exploits fixed or many of us will chargeback and quit this game.

Share your thoughts as im sure many of you wont agree with me.

Apples and death stars. The foundry exploit completely different and frankly one that had little effect. One could just as easily pay cash to level a character in 2 hours through leadership profession.
  • archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People not wanting a server wipe have to be Democrats .. just saying lol
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Generally speaking, if you look back at all those exploits people used to gain an incredible amount of AD selling Tier 2 items without doing anything. People using the item exploits where you gain an unlimited amount of power and use that to run 5 minute Castle Never dungeons. The Foundry exp exploit where you can easily reach to level 60 in just a few hours. Its not fair for the people who spent days to level 60 while some people just uses 2-3 hours of their time exploiting the foundry quests.

Its either they wipe all servers, giving back the people the Zen/AD they purchased and everyone start over again with all bugs/exploits fixed or many of us will chargeback and quit this game.

My thoughts... Cryptic has said numerous times that there will not be a wipe so you might as well quit now and send me all your stuff.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I knew a bunch of people exploiting for levels when I was LEGIT PVP grinding, from 10-60.

Took me an extra 4 days sure.

In the end, i ended up on top (yes i bought zen 180$ worth) buut..

What anyone else was doing didnt bother me, doesnt affect me THAT much.

I farmed full t2 Gear, and im also the only rogue in my guild to COMPLETE CN. And we did it legit..

moral of this story is..

l2p or quit, your hoice
  • shmizookashmizooka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back when I thought the XP/leveling exploits were the main abuse, I wasn't too worried about it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me personally. But the AH has already screwed me. Now this shaping up to be a truly broken game before it even launches. Fast forward a few months, and I'm sure NW's post-mortem will include "never promise no wipes during a beta".

IMO there's a way to rescue NW, but it's not free and I don't know if PWE has any interest in sustaining the game long-term.

- Collapse all existing toons onto one server at launch (already planned)
    - Add another new server at launch (not planned -- I'm suggesting PWE reconsider in light of the current fiasco)
    -- Make it impossible to transfer toons, currency or items between the servers - EVER.
    - Give players the option of voluntarily resetting their account, which deletes all toons, refunds starting AD and purchased Zen. Give Hero of the North players a token to compensate for headstart XP on a single toon.

Then players choose: continue with current toons on the bad-economy server, reset both toons & currency for a fresh start on the new good-economy server, or split toons between both servers without reseting currency.

No wipes, nothing forced on anyone, and an option to escape the screwed economy.
  • ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

No No and No.

The 7 hour rollback is fine with me - a complete wipe isn't.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    shmizooka wrote: »
    Back when I thought the XP/leveling exploits were the main abuse, I wasn't too worried about it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me personally. But the AH has already screwed me. Now this shaping up to be a truly broken game before it even launches. Fast forward a few months, and I'm sure NW's post-mortem will include "never promise no wipes during a beta".

IMO there's a way to rescue NW, but it's not free and I don't know if PWE has any interest in sustaining the game long-term.

- Collapse all existing toons onto one server at launch (already planned)
    - Add another new server at launch (not planned -- I'm suggesting PWE reconsider in light of the current fiasco)
    -- Make it impossible to transfer toons, currency or items between the servers - EVER.
    - Give players the option of voluntarily resetting their account, which deletes all toons, refunds starting AD and purchased Zen. Give Hero of the North players a token to compensate for headstart XP on a single toon.

Then players choose: continue with current toons on the bad-economy server, reset both toons & currency for a fresh start on the new good-economy server, or split toons between both servers without reseting currency.

No wipes, nothing forced on anyone, and an option to escape the screwed economy.

Expect the economy isn't screwed forever. There is no reason for a new server or a server wipe, but hey if you want to start over feel free.