test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rushing new clas?

archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So after the rollback and people leveing the game, who thinks they will rush the release of the next class to appease people,and slow the downward steam of people leaving?
Post edited by archiewind on

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Downward stream? My friend was just on and it was instant queues for dungeons during midwork day. There might appear to be a lotta hate going on but its a small crowd and only people blowing up the General Forums for the most part. They will leave in due time. A flame flickers most violently just before it goes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archiewind wrote: »
    So after the rollback and people leveing the game, who thinks they will rush the release of the next class to appease people,and slow the downward steam of people leaving?

No thanks. I think there has been enough rushed classes already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its not hard to insta que a level 60 dungeon when everone is level 60 in two days of play... and I agree they need to fix the classes they have out but I'm guessing they will rush the next class give people something new to keep them busy and try to stop a lot of the *****ing right now.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the obvious (if cynical) thing to do really.

The problem is that while perhaps not that many people may leave, those who do could bethe ones who would have spent the most real money.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No need to rush a new class as they still have to improve the balance with the ones they already have. Cryptic need to do nothing to appease anyone, this is Open Beta and it is FREE to play.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Barely anyone is leaving (or really, anyone), certainly not the people who claim they are. The game is packed, everyone in my guild and friends list is on, and the chat is as fast and unreadable as always. Too much FUD on these forums.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol... they have to appease as many people as they can... if they don't then who would play? and by not wiping they feel there appeasing the most people. I'm sure the new class is short coming after this, they have no desire to fix anything they have showed that in the month this game has been out
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They must be rushing it the new class is missing an s. They better wipe the alphabet now or I will quit. The Oxford Dictionary is so busted now due to exploiting Scrabble players U_U"
  • Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Well if they do rush the new class i hope it comes with a spare character slot so i dont have to buy zen to unlock it
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Barely anyone is leaving (or really, anyone), certainly not the people who claim they are. The game is packed, everyone in my guild and friends list is on, and the chat is as fast and unreadable as always. Too much FUD on these forums.
    lol wishful thinking. your probably the kind of guy that still dont believe the ship is sinking when the water is already up to your knees. the damage this has done is off the charts, people are leaving in droves (not like they werent leaving before), and anyway even tho this was particularly mission-critical, it is but one of a myriad exploits/bugs that plague the game and those will continue to do so, because if a bug doesnt directly affect their pocket/ Crytic/PWE dont move a finger to fix it.

now, with RIFT going F2P in under a month and the (very likely) future screwups that Cryptic/PWE will make, the water will be up to your neck in no time sir. then you can tell us all how its all fine and noone is leaving and the chat is super fast
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I definitely feel another GWF debacle is in order. Please push those classes out ASAP so we can get the violent nerfing out of the way.

Also please buff TRs. I saw a TR almost die whilst tanking a T2 last night. It was scary. Clearly an unintended oversight by the devs. Please fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also please buff TRs. I saw a TR almost die whilst tanking a T2 last night. It was scary. Clearly an unintended oversight by the devs. Please fix.[/QUOTE]

Almost die < almost is the key word :) LOL
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    lol wishful thinking. your probably the kind of guy that still dont believe the ship is sinking when the water is already up to your knees. the damage this has done is off the charts, people are leaving in droves (not like they werent leaving before), and anyway even tho this was particularly mission-critical, it is but one of a myriad exploits/bugs that plague the game and those will continue to do so, because if a bug doesnt directly affect their pocket/ Crytic/PWE dont move a finger to fix it.

now, with RIFT going F2P in under a month and the (very likely) future screwups that Cryptic/PWE will make, the water will be up to your neck in no time sir. then you can tell us all how its all fine and noone is leaving and the chat is super fast

You probably believe SWTOR is dead, don't you?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Saying star wars is alive and doing great is like saying DAOC still has a huge server population...
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    You probably believe SWTOR is dead, don't you?

You probably believe that NWO has a fifth the playerbase that SWToR has, or even that in 6 months from now it will keep a tenth of that, dont you?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saying star wars is alive and doing great is like saying DAOC still has a huge server population...

2 million.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013

I think they'll still not release the new class until it's ready.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So few? man I remember last year when that game came out the servers they had to add, the waiting in a que line... 2million people playing a Star wars online game... where did u even get that number thin air?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »

I played and paid for Rift over two years ago when it was supposedly going to "kill WoW". It's a decent game, but I'm not overly into playing dated titles after they commercially failed, to be honest. Neverwinter is one of the few F2P games I enjoy, but in general I am not the F2P type who can't afford to pay for entertainment. :) But it's an enjoyable enough game and I hope you like it for a few days before you start complaining about it! They have forums too and I am sure they look forward to more mature and eloquent members with an excellent command of the English language like you. Do have fun!
  • Options
    qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Well if they do rush the new class i hope it comes with a spare character slot so i dont have to buy zen to unlock it

That's the cash shop game strategy. Give you 2 slots, give you plenty of time to be attached to those 2 characters and then !bam! new class comes out so you have to buy another slot.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I played and paid for Rift over two years ago when it was supposedly going to "kill WoW". It's a decent game, but I'm not overly into playing dated titles after they commercially failed, to be honest.

Rift is a commercial failure?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    That's the cash shop game strategy. Give you 2 slots, give you plenty of time to be attached to those 2 characters and then !bam! new class comes out so you have to buy another slot.

If you can't afford $2,50 for a character slot for a game that you play for dozens of hours, I don't think you are the audience they make new content for. (This is just 180k AD for two slots, if you really can't afford it in spite of having enough time to get attached to two characters.) But that aside, nothing stops you from creating another free account. Unlike in other F2P games, you can actually do that here "legally".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They better not give away new slots. we founders paid for extra slots... but really they don't seem to give two ****s about that
  • Options
    eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people quit over losing 7 hours to rollback they weren't gonna stay long anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quiting over 7hour rollback.. I'm quiting over there not being a wipe... :) hell I didn't even play this weekend but the lasting effects it will have on this game need to be wiped and restarted or it will change the game till the game dies
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Rift is a commercial failure?

Yes. Their subscription numbers took a massive dive after release. Most of the servers were closed and merged. It has been lingering for quite a long time, with dead servers and all, and that is why it now goes F2P, like all the other "WoW killers". Last ditch effort, as with all the others. It lasted a bit longer than most. I wonder how the complainers here will feel about Rift's cash store where you can actually buy raid level gear, actually, because that really makes it P2W.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trion and I really tried to like Rift. They have some good ideas, but it always felt like an unpolished WoW to me. The controls, the combat, feels very imprecise. It is probably the animations more than anything. The zones are also very bland once you get out of the starting area. I had a real issue getting to the max level when it dragged out. The PvP was as bad as here, maybe worse, because you have to grind very long to catch up on PvP gear.

Rift isn't a bad game, but it's very same-y if you have played other hotkey/tab-target MMOs. Making it F2P may inject some life and who knows, I might take a look again. I update it regularly and have all my collector's edition stuff, but my characters were now moved twice because the servers they had been on died.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quiting over 7hour rollback.. I'm quiting over there not being a wipe... :) hell I didn't even play this weekend but the lasting effects it will have on this game need to be wiped and restarted or it will change the game till the game dies

You have proof to back up your hypothesis?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They better not give away new slots. we founders paid for extra slots... but really they don't seem to give two ****s about that

You can turn on your founder's tag here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups You have one, right?
  • Options
    cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're already done making the ranger, and plague warlock... So please save it... The reason they haven't released it is because of this so called... "Open Beta." If they did release it, I would have been much happier than this rollback.. All well... This game is starting to go down hill... They may have lost a loyal founder.
  • Options
    feemauditefeemaudite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just for info, it was bank holiday today in some countries in Europe... Maybe wait until tomorrow to see if servers are busier or emptier than usual on a work day (I am not saying those countries playerbase is signifiant and is filling the servers today, just saying that it could be a factor if today the server were busier than other mondays).