What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rushing new clas?

2»

Comments

• calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Yes. Their subscription numbers took a massive dive after release. Most of the servers were closed and merged.

The only multi-server MMO I've played where that didn't happen was WoW. Even NW is going to merge the shards soon. To call them all commercial failures would be a stretch.

I doubt anyone aside from clueless fanboys expected them to be "wow-killers" in the first place.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archiewind wrote: »
    So after the rollback and people leveing the game, who thinks they will rush the release of the next class to appease people,and slow the downward steam of people leaving?

Yea that is what they need to release something else that is broken. How about they fix the classes that are already released first.

If they release anything before fixing GF i will rage quit and go back to Rift.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    The only multi-server MMO I've played where that didn't happen was WoW.

You're right, maybe it's unfair to compare today's MMOs to WoW's commercial success. The two MMOs that I really played for years were Ultima Online (didn't go F2P after 1-2 years) and WoW. I tried everything else and stuck around for some time, but nothing really "grabbed" me as those two had. (I have a love/hate relationship with WoW.)

Rift is certainly good enough to check out for people who haven't played it yet and look for a WoW-influenced MMO. I like their version of the rogue/bard type, which is what I played mostly (also really enjoyed tanking with an avoidance rogue build!). For me, there is no one true game and I find it a little silly when people imply you can only play one game and if there is something new (or old), all other games somehow "die". (You didn't do that.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DAOC..... 10+Years and still not free to play :) when your product is soild you don't need to give it away people will play it and pay for it and love it! even those of us who no longer play the game still tell you how great of a game it is/was and I'm sure a lot of us still go back from time to time.. I know I do! star wars was a bust, as was rift, tera other then WOW I cant think of a pay to play that has come out of late that is worth 15 a month... and I never played wow passed BC expansion lol
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    DAoC came out at a time when I was still in love with UO and Diablo 2, so I only checked it out, but didn't stick around. Some of the friends I made in WoW eight years ago (and we are still friends even though none of us plays WoW anymore) all spoke very highly of DAoC and I sort of regretted that I had not played it more when it was new. (The birth of an MMO is always the most exciting time. Unless it's SW:TOR, that was just ... really ... disappointing. I had such hopes for it.)

Neverwinter really surprised me. It hadn't been on my radar for a long time (hadn't been a F2P player, but I think the model has future), until close to the end of the beta weekends. It just "feels" good to me. It's the combat and the fact that it doesn't annoy me, if that makes sense. A lot of games "annoy" me in one way or another. Small stuff, like the inventory and the salvaging in Defiance, or the traveling in SW:TOR (cool the first time, increasingly tedious every other time), or the sluggish combat responsiveness in Rift. It's a subjective thing, but if they continue to add new content and classes, and further improve the foundry, I think Neverwinter will have a bright future. (It's not as MMO-y as WoW or UO, not as much of a place to live and more a game to play -- I think I like that about it. It is less likely to mess up my life. :p)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It's the obvious (if cynical) thing to do really.

The problem is that while perhaps not that many people may leave, those who do could bethe ones who would have spent the most real money.

This would be me, I have spent around 500.00 which isnt a lot to me. The issue that I can see from my perspective is the lack of respect this company has for those that are invested into their company by buying their product. I personally have put in 3 tickets that have not been answered, these tickets have been put in about 3 weeks ago with the lose of REALLY money which is just simply unacceptable regardless of the amount.

If they want to sustain people like me that have money and a brain they will have to change their business practice, the issue with that is they are not targeting me they are targeting those that will reply to this post with ignorance or bliss.