test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously Annoyed with Level Locked Skirmishes

theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I completely missed even ATTEMPTING the Icespire Peak skirmish because I was just playing the game NORMALLY. I've got about 4 of the Skirmish dailys backed up in my quest log because I keep leveling out of them and never get a chance to play. Can't you guys give us UP LEVELED versions of these? I don't care if we don't get dailys for them, I just want to PLAY THEM. The only way I can do Storm Front now is to create another character and get them up to that level, and MAYBE I'll get in if the **** queue actually lets me in, and even then I might forget and be busy killing things to remember and STILL miss it.

This is the most annoying part of this game at this point and it really is hurting my enjoyment of it. Let me PLAY already!
Post edited by theeishtmo on

Comments

• rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Don't play when you queue ****.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% agree - lvl lock = fail
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that there should be a way to do Skirmishes, either solo by going somewhere, or by being able to do scaled/epic versions.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    for people trying to collect all the lores its very annoying.

does any1 know if the epic versions at 60 give the same lore or different?
  • hoarmasterhoarmaster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also think this is an issue that needs to be resolved somehow. Scaled or not, I'd like to replay some of my favorite skirmishes.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    montiblanc wrote: »
    for people trying to collect all the lores its very annoying.

does any1 know if the epic versions at 60 give the same lore or different?

There are no epic versions of the skirmishes.. That's the problem.
    edited May 2013
    also to note, cant get a lower level party leader to que for it either coz they get a message saying wer too high. heck even people on friends list or guild cant help if they wanted to

edit: no epic version of skirmishes? DAMIT! OCD! I quit, off to test dragons prophet
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    for people trying to collect all the lores its very annoying. does any1 know if the epic versions at 60 give the same lore or different?

There are no level 60 versions. I think quite a few lore bits are "missable" anyway. While leveling alts, I found several in areas that I missed with my main character in areas that I believe are only accessible while specific quests are active.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    Don't play when you queue ****.

Oh yes, I shouldn't play while I wait for the ridiculously long queue to fire off. Missed how I said I wanted to PLAY the game I take it.
    There are no level 60 versions. I think quite a few lore bits are "missable" anyway. While leveling alts, I found several in areas that I missed with my main character in areas that I believe are only accessible while specific quests are active.

You can get back into previous quests if you team up with someone that has the quest already. Of course, you'll likely be a GOD in there, but at least you can do it. Just can't get into Skirmishes.

I am seriously disappointed that there are no high level versions, I suspected as much, but I was hoping. I guess when I hit 60 with my current toon and finish all the content I CAN get to, I'll probably go back to Star Trek Online where I can replay ANY mission, ANY group action and have it match MY level ANYTIME I want. Hell, even Champions lets you do that.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree or expand the range at least 2 or 3 more levels each.
    edited May 2013
    but 2-3 levels more would not be enuf for people who have outleveled even that

anyway no gm response? "we'll forward this to the devs" ? no we don't care? did I favorite this thread for nothing?

common!
    o well back to DPO
  • woozrakwoozrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes totally agree that there should be epic versions of skirmishes. it was hard manage skirmishes and dungeons while in queue and doing quests. Had one failed try at 2 dungeons and then had outleveled before i got another try, even though i went as far as i could to not kill anything but what the quests required :(
    edited May 2013
    but 2-3 levels more would not be enuf for people who have outleveled even that

anyway no gm response? "we'll forward this to the devs" ? no we don't care? did I favorite this thread for nothing?

common!
    o well back to DPO

With so many threads in here, I'm not surprised they haven't made a note of it. Not like it would be hard to do, but I think it's just laziness and the fact that it isn't a "problem" just an "inconvenience."
  • xelitezxelitez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't get is why a MMO company would spend the time and money developing content that is restricted to a 3-5 lvl requirement. I have not done half of the skirmishes because I out-lvled them so fast by doing other stuff at the time, but the ones that I did do are pretty good, they are nice and easy with some decent rewards that players can do when they don't have enough time to do other stuff like dungeons as they take a lot longer.
    As a PvE player I actually wanted to run through every dungeon, every skirmish and every quest in every zone as I was lvling but I don't always have the time to run a skirmish or a dungeon or simply don't want to at the time. However, I still want to actually play the game and not have to log out or do nothing just because I don't fancy doing the skirmish but don't want to out-lvl it. Most of the dungeons I've done have been when it was no longer in my que because that's when I decided to run the dungeon, but I was able to get a group and do it still, I just wish we could do the same with skirmishes or at least be able to do them all again at lvl 60.

In other games once you out-lvl a dungeon you can still go back and do the content if you wish you'd just be OP and the rewards will suck for your lvl, but they don't take that content away from you 3 lvls over the recommended content lvl. When you thought of the idea of making epic dungeons at lvl 60 why didn't you think to do the same with skirmishes. I don't imagine it to be very hard to do, just rebalance the mobs to the same as lvl 60 epic dungeons and you're done, no?
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am also pissed with the level locked content. I had to skip entire zones because the NPC's wouldn't give me quests anymore.

Whose bright idea was it to level lock this **** in the first place?
    edited May 2013
    They weren't thinking. They underestimated how fast players would level up in this game. By Monday night, I'll probably hit 60. Nearly as fast as I leveled in STO, and just like there, I'm not even trying to level, I'm just doing quests as they appear. Plus adding the "do this skirmish x number of times" to get the daily reward doesn't do any good since I just blew past the entire skirmish. I'm not farming Diamonds here, I'm having fun.

Once the content runs out, I'm about done. Sure the Foundry stuff is "nice" but I'm so annoyed with this I don't think I'll keep going unless it's resolved.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    I messed up by playing so much PVP, that I literally leveled out of about 5-6 story arcs. It's pretty silly. Why can't I simply be de-leveled to the level requirement? I was actually enjoying the "story", but now I can't really experience it unless I make a new character and make sure that I level extremely slowly while doing absolutely nothing else.
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bit of a problem for the daily quests while leveling.

For instance, at 40 the dailies involve two foundry quests, three skirmishes, one dungeon run and two (the quest says three, but is completed at two) domination PvP runs. I tried completing all of those on a level 40 character yesterday and leveled out of being able to join the specified skirmish before completing all three.
    edited May 2013
    well DPO was complete trash & now im back here....

o wait gms still don't care about this my bad ~_~
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    I messed up by playing so much PVP, that I literally leveled out of about 5-6 story arcs. It's pretty silly. Why can't I simply be de-leveled to the level requirement? I was actually enjoying the "story", but now I can't really experience it unless I make a new character and make sure that I level extremely slowly while doing absolutely nothing else.

Most of the skirmishes don't really have much of a story, but it's still PART of the story of each region, and we really aren't being allowed to experience it. The dungeons aren't nearly as bad as you CAN go back to them later, but you need to form your own party and walk through the door. No such luck with the skirmishes though.

It's sad that anyone should feel like they "messed up" by PLAYING the game and getting locked out of content. This needs to be fixed.
    edited May 2013
    giving this mah daily bump as level locked content is fail, making me feel like I messed up playing the game is also fail.

also going back to dpo, I reinstalled, no idea why...I thought it was bad & still im playing it ~_~
    edited May 2013
    DPO? What game is that?
  • covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    giving this mah daily bump as level locked content is fail, making me feel like I messed up playing the game is also fail.

also going back to dpo, I reinstalled, no idea why...I thought it was bad & still im playing it ~_~

*sigh* don't you know? No one can MAKE you feel anything unless you allow it =p
    edited May 2013
    Bumping in the hopes that someone will see this.
  • gissersgissers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This issue is also a dealbreaker for me. I want to play ALL the content, at my pace! I'm only lvl 22 and have already missed out on doing 1 skirmish, about to outlevel another, and haven't even come close to reaching the quest to do it yet. I've found areas where there are npcs but no quests, so it seems I've outleveled those as well. Having this stuff locked is ridiculous!
    edited May 2013
    It also reduces playing with friends since one party member can easily outlevel a skirmish and break a team up. Kind of defeats the purpose of teams in the first place.
  • tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the motion. I'm glad I'm not the only (OCD) player out there.

I was in a group, just today, that leveled WHILE we were doing a dungeon (that really hard Dragon boss) wiped us and one guy quit. . . and then we all realized there was no way we could re-queue because we out-leveled it.

and I've also missed skirmishes, just like you guys are saying. the level range is too small or something!
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.
    I think players should be able to access and queue for the complete list of skirmishes from their current level down.

To solve the problems it could be either like this:
    - the system forms a party with all players of the same level + or - a certain amount (say 10 lvls, or an appropriate number, relative to the "spacing" of skirmishes through levels, e.g. if that skirmish is from 25-35, the level should be 30 +/-5). --> there will be possible lack of level suitable players and the queue will fail (wait forever), it's to be expected. The fastest workaround would be gather your party first.

or

- use the same mechanic for pvp, (or the same general mechanic for party formation in sto) the system forms a party of 5 and then adjusts the level of everyone to highest lvl amongst the five players, up until the maximum for that specific skirmish. E.g., a party of 5 with lvls: 40, 25, 15, 15, 12 ---> every member scaled up or down to 25, which could be the max. lvl allowed for said skirmish. Of course loot will be insignificant for the 40 lvl player, but it's to be expected that he joined said skirmish just for fun. (You could also make that said low-lvl skirmish will not grant that 40 lvl player his daily.. who cares).

Both ways every player will be able to enjoy every skirmish and not miss any amount of the great content this game has to offer.
    What do you say?
    Thank you!

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're actually able to draw in your own team to do such skirmishes, but the problem, however, is finding a party to do it. This is one strong suggestion I would make to the team, and that's giving players the option of revisiting some of these later. Not sure how you'd pull it off, but find a way, there's a few cool ones I never even got to try because I leveled before I could even attempt to queue them.
  • washedonewashedone Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding my voice to the "Epic Skirmishes" idea. This needs to be in the game as it would be a good stopgap for players getting ready for T1 dungeons. It also provides something for people that don't want/can't spent an hour in a dungeon run.