test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously Annoyed with Level Locked Skirmishes

Comments

• matteffect42matteffect42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I missed some skirmishes while leveling, the few that I was able to do were very fun and I would enjoy a sort of "epic skirmish" bracket.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have complained about this numerous times..

The level speed in this game is way to fast. They need to slow it down by 25-50%. So the folks that want to do everything in the game can. At the current speed you out level skirmishes, dungeons, foundries (well not really but if you do a couple you out level the content) and PvP. If you do any activities outside of quests you out level the content. This in my opinion is bad... though perhaps a good reason to roll alts.

I am a fan of level locking but this always causes issues with PvP.
  • provo1980provo1980 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I have complained about this numerous times..

The level speed in this game is way to fast. They need to slow it down by 25-50%. So the folks that want to do everything in the game can. At the current speed you out level skirmishes, dungeons, foundries (well not really but if you do a couple you out level the content) and PvP. If you do any activities outside of quests you out level the content. This in my opinion is bad... though perhaps a good reason to roll alts.

I am a fan of level locking but this always causes issues with PvP.

I agree, but maybe not with the slowing the exp, just inventing something to fix this.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP, not with the aggressiveness though.

I'd like a lvl 60 version of all skirmishes. And why not a lvl 60 daily.

Some of them were nice, the lvl 60 one, not so much.
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My aggressiveness is because I play Champions Online and Star Trek Online, and neither of them has problems with this. All three basically use the same game engine, so why is this the only game where you can't do it?

STO actually has leveled "skirmishes" that can be played at any level when unlocked. If you're 29, you'll be in the 20-29 tier. If you hit 30, the next one you do will be 30-39. Champions will actually level up any instanced mission to YOUR level (or the party leader's level) when you enter it. Here, it's locked solid so a level 12 mission is ALWAYS level 12, regardless.

Which also means if my 55 GWF goes in with a level 12 friend, I am a GOD in that instance. At least STO and Champions will let you "side kick" down to the level of other players, making the quest at least a LITTLE bit challenging. Not here, and I don't know why.

Oh, and woe to you if you're high level leading lower level characters through a Foundry quest. That Foundry quest will be YOUR level. They'll be all hiding in the corner while you do the fighting in that quest.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »
    My aggressiveness is because I play Champions Online and Star Trek Online, and neither of them has problems with this. All three basically use the same game engine, so why is this the only game where you can't do it?

STO actually has leveled "skirmishes" that can be played at any level when unlocked. If you're 29, you'll be in the 20-29 tier. If you hit 30, the next one you do will be 30-39. Champions will actually level up any instanced mission to YOUR level (or the party leader's level) when you enter it. Here, it's locked solid so a level 12 mission is ALWAYS level 12, regardless.

Which also means if my 55 GWF goes in with a level 12 friend, I am a GOD in that instance. At least STO and Champions will let you "side kick" down to the level of other players, making the quest at least a LITTLE bit challenging. Not here, and I don't know why.

Oh, and woe to you if you're high level leading lower level characters through a Foundry quest. That Foundry quest will be YOUR level. They'll be all hiding in the corner while you do the fighting in that quest.

Yes i know i play STO too.

Upgrading all existing skirmishes to lvl 60 shouldn't be difficult, lvl 60 npcs already exist in game. The issue could be bosses, they might have to rework them to make them a challenge at lvl 60. But it shouldn't take too much time.

The issue is that there are really few people in the unique lvl 60 skirmish currently. Maybe it's because the gold reward is a bit low. I don't know.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, these Skirmishes are so easily outleveled... and once you outlevel them that character will never get to experience them - even worse when they have Lore in them.
    Today I completed a daily, do Gate Crashers 3 times, and because I leveled up during the last one I'm unable to turn in the quest and get the reward I worked for all that time.
    Trying to petition it but... the game seems very unfriendly for that, since I can't even check if my request for GM Help was successful.
    Artificer.jpg
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    daily bump time! ( haven't done this for a few days -_- )
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is my bump.
  • vasiok97vasiok97 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really need to find a solution to this.Today i started questing at my (Now)favorite area the chasm for the first time and ended up leveling up and losing the queue.do you understand how painful and annoying it was for me to lose the queue for the skirmish in my favorite area(and as a consequence being unable to complete the chasm:complete achievement)?And another thing they need to do is put the Max Level of the skirmish and dungeon queue next to them.Like:skirmish:gate crashers:maximum level 51.That way many unfortunate accidents like mine would be avoided.So please cryptic studios allow us to rerun the skirmishes we missed
    edited May 2013
    I'm bumping this since it's really important and the devs must see this asap
  • omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only completed two skirmishes due to this. I'm about to ding level 60 today. I feel that if the PvP will level you up temporarily, the queues can level you down if necessary. Perhaps the exp is 'too good' during quests? I don't miss grinding but I was really looking forward to taking back the bridge and the Chasm skirmish. :(
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
    edited May 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    I've only completed two skirmishes due to this. I'm about to ding level 60 today. I feel that if the PvP will level you up temporarily, the queues can level you down if necessary. Perhaps the exp is 'too good' during quests? I don't miss grinding but I was really looking forward to taking back the bridge and the Chasm skirmish. :(

I would even pay some astral to be able to rerun The chasm,blacdagger and helm's hold skirmishes.Also i think one of the reasons they don't allow us to rerun skirmishes at high levels is because we could just farm the blacklake one at lv60 (it will take about 3mins each run so a total of 20runs every event) and win about 60k in 1hour.So my advice to cryptic is to allow us to rerun skirmishes when we pass the queue level like dungeons but if we pass the queue level to not give us diamonds even if the event is active
    edited May 2013
    time to give this a bump
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was very disappointed to hit lvl 60 and discover there were no epic skirmishes. Dungeons are fine but sometimes I don't want to spend an hour on it. I'm a rogue, sometimes I just want a bit of hack and slash. Foundries are fun and all but partying up for a quick skirmish would be nice too. I was so focused on leveling using quests I never took advantage of dungeons and skirmishes on my first character. Leveling OUT of a quest reward while in the middle of it would suck after all that work. I nearly did that with Pirates Skyhold. The only thing that saved me there was the rollback! All that hard work making it through just to be cheated out of your reward at the end because you played the game "too well"? Totally bogus if you ask me.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I missed a couple skirmishes on my main. Created an alt and was trying to be VERY careful not to out-level skirmishes because I'm an achievement completionist. Queued for the Green Dragon (Garrundar?) three times. First time one of the mobs spawned under the map so we could not advance. Had to exit and re-queue. Second time, the group wiped once and everyone left rather than try again. Of course, the queues do not immediately pop so I was questing in between time. I was 45 when I queued the third time. The skirmish is 44. Turned 46 while I was in queue. Kicked me out of the queue and now I can't complete it. You have exactly a 1 level cushion for that skirmish. RIDICULOUS!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I made a new character just to experience all the story arcs and lore. I've found that you have to ignore all PvP, foundry, and extraneous Dungeon Delves/Skirmish dailies. You also need to queue up for skirmishes/dungeons as soon as you can, even if it's silly that you've killed the main bad guy of the zone and now have to spend a thirty minutes to an hour doing silly quests to kill his minions. You also should avoid trying to get extra XP from killing mobs (slayer achievements), invocationing too often, and doing professions that give you XP. Extra XP=Bad.

If you do this, you can see all the content in the game. You will have a crappy amount of AD at level 60 though. And it's not really fun. You're more concerned with running from monsters and meticulously watching your level up bar, than actually playing the game. But it works.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited May 2013
    daily bump!
  • ixiondlfixiondlf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totally agree. skirmishes should be accessible like dungeons. or maybe just by talking to someone. but the most annoying thing i had with skirmishes was, that i had my daily done (finished the dragon skirmish 3 times) and rhix wouldn't let me return it. 3000AD gone.
    Ah well. I missed like 4 skirmishes because i lvld too fast by playing pvp -.-

but we'll see. it's beta after all and, next to finding bugs, this is exactly what betas are for.
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /sign, overlap skirmishes or make lvl brackets like PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    daily bump time
    edited May 2013
    daily bump time...
  • phoenixsolacephoenixsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can keep it the same and make epic skirmishes I would love that option.
    edited May 2013
    Daily bump time
    edited June 2013
    daily bump even tho I no longer play ~_~
    edited June 2013
    time fo another bump
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    We are hopefully getting some solutions to address this in the short term in for the content patch Andy mentioned in the State of the Game post. I know there were a number of us internally that got a sad face after dinging and having an orphaned quest or 5 sitting in our journals.
    edited June 2013
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
  • phoenixsolacephoenixsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you! panderus
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    We are hopefully getting some solutions to address this in the short term in for the content patch Andy mentioned in the State of the Game post. I know there were a number of us internally that got a sad face after dinging and having an orphaned quest or 5 sitting in our journals.

Maybe... epic skirmishes?