test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's ok guys, it's beta, 100m astral diamons.

haiidahaiida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Reddit post has a picture of this guy having 100m astral diamond logging AFTER the roll back, but it's ok guys, the roll back should of fixed this, NOT this has been going on since day one... but it's ok. It's beta. LOL

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/324483tryagain.png

reported 16 days ago, and this was posted a week ago, it says resolved. gotta love PWE.

http://s17.postimg.org/tu8qd0cyn/lolfail.jpg

Wait, maybe it's cryptics first game, it's just a mistake, wait, this happened to their previous game aswell, SAME EXACT BUG.

http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg
Post edited by haiida on

Comments

• Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize the first two images are photoshoped, right?
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the person's using cheat engine in the picture with the 100m AD, pretty sure it's fake.

edit: proof that the second photo was shopped plx
  • Options
    manco111manco111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That picture is not after the rollback. He would have 0 or 1 celestial coins, not 4.
  • Options
    meattreatmeattreat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haiida wrote: »
    Reddit post has a picture of this guy having 100m astral diamond logging AFTER the roll back, but it's ok guys, the roll back should of fixed this, NOT this has been going on since day one... but it's ok. It's beta. LOL

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/324483tryagain.png

http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg

If you look on the toolbar at the top of the image you can see he has cheat engine open so has more than likely just used cheat engine to change the values.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're an complete idiot, the roll back was 7 hours, if you invoked for the day before then you would still have the amount you had. Look at the date on the computer and time.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you know, another person trying to spread false information on the forums through deceptive means.

Nothing to see here folks.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter if it was photoshop real or not, I know MANY of my guild members have items and millions of AD from this still, they did it before the 7 hours and did it on alts, people in zone chat are still greafing about it, 7 hours did nothing, this bug was since day 1.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    manco111 wrote: »
    That picture is not after the rollback. He would have 0 or 1 celestial coins, not 4.

not true i had 4 of my coins still.. it was only 7 hours of roll back, not 29..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People like you need to see the bigger picture, i bet you're the kinda person that says "it's ok it's beta". haha, you guys are just acting like this never happened, I've played since day 1, i've earned all my ****, over 10 days game play for people getting what I did over night with this expoilt, i'd do it ALL over again to know I have a fair and even ground to play on.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I still cannot believe the amount of people passing the lolfail picture around. Do they even look at what they are posting?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter if it was photoshop real or not, I know MANY of my guild members have items and millions of AD from this still, they did it before the 7 hours and did it on alts, people in zone chat are still greafing about it, 7 hours did nothing, this bug was since day 1.

Unproven claims.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    manco111manco111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 5 on a couple chars and when I logged in they were at 0. i saw others complaining their celestials were gone too so I figured they all got wiped.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manco111 wrote: »

I had my 6 Ccoins after the rollback , so what's your point .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Unproven claims.

Unproven? Please go invest in a pair of glasses, you don't have to be pass the intelligence level of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to see that you have no idea what you're talking about. The games economy is ruined, this game is ruined, pwe ruined this game.
  • Options
    dontbanme1dontbanme1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zoom into the words 16 days in the second pic and you can tell it's edited.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    the person's using cheat engine in the picture with the 100m AD, pretty sure it's fake.

edit: proof that the second photo was shopped plx

proof.png
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes i tried the dupe ad got 20mil for my alt and buy some gg items for my main account.

the thing is people already dupe billions of billions of astrals at there alts character,with the demands of astral diamonds vs real money. people are trying to save them. pass the ad one into another. i saw a guy on twitch giving away some very rare mounts and buying all the items he can and stack them up at the guild bank.

This is what pwe responded

Exploit Follow up
    Hey All,

We currently are in the process of taking action against a subset of accounts that were confirmed to have utilized exploits that affected the game balance or economy.

These accounts may be banned, temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of exploit utilization. Anyone who is affected by this will receive notification via email.

While we have taken all precautions necessary to ensure that no false positives made it into our final list of accounts to take action against, we do acknowledge that some players who were banned may wish to follow up with us. If you had an account banned and wish to escalate the issue to our support team, please create a ticket at support.perfectworld.com or send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

Please note that forum discussions about specific accounts being banned is against our forum guidelines, thus any threads on the topic may be closed. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Thank you for your patience and support while we continue to do everything in our power to ensure that Neverwinter remains a fair and balanced game experience.

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

right now i dint recieve any email from my alts

I post from a forum about neverwinter
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    What do you know, another person trying to spread false information on the forums through deceptive means.

Nothing to see here folks.

Yep but if you point it out the haters laugh about your "conspiracy" theories. This whole fiasco has been the worst social engineering attempt I have seen, laughable really.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    dontbanme1 wrote: »
    zoom into the words 16 days in the second pic and you can tell it's edited.

I just did a screenshot of my own ticket list and I can see the same graphic effect. Try it yourself. It's because there's a variable field in this place and it has a slightly different colour from the rest of the window.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    proof.png

Thank you. I will be sure to blast this into the face of every child posting "lolfail" images as proof.
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Let's translate....

I don't care if my false argument is prove wrong. I will still rage post walls of text and make up other proof.... If it is on the internet it must be true. I would bet my first born on something someone posts on the internet. Especially someone with Exactly 100,000,000 AD. I'm sure that is legit.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes i tried the dupe ad got 20mil for my alt and buy some gg items for my main account.

the thing is people already dupe billions of billions of astrals at there alts character,with the demands of astral diamonds vs real money. people are trying to save them. pass the ad one into another. i saw a guy on twitch giving away some very rare mounts and buying all the items he can and stack them up at the guild bank.

This is what pwe responded

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

I post from a forum about neverwinter

It may take a bit but it is an ongoing thing, they were very thorough with two of my workmates, perma banning both accounst and multiple mule accounts, the karma part of it was one was basically saying the same thing you are before he got the ban-hammer.

In any event it certainly isn't the first time someone made off will ill gotten gains in a MMO and it won't be the last.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter if it was photoshop real or not

It does matter: it means that what you're posting to prove your claim is false, which means your claim isn't proved. Why do I have to explain this to you?
    I know MANY of my guild members have items and millions of AD from this still, they did it before the 7 hours and did it on alts, people in zone chat are still greafing about it, 7 hours did nothing, this bug was since day 1.

& in this thread, you admit to exploiting the bug yourself. IMO, you have no credibility. Why should I take anything you say seriously?
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I just did a screenshot of my own ticket list and I can see the same graphic effect. Try it yourself. It's because there's a variable field in this place and it has a slightly different colour from the rest of the window.

Regards,
    Kalantris

he is the source of that lolfail picture. can someone confirm what he says ?
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What i find funny is people still believe this is an open beta. Have you ever seen a game ban people for bugs in beta testing? I havent you know why? because you wipe servers when your done your beta and launch. This game is live through and through or else they wouldnt be banning people for this even though it has caused many issues with economy it wouldnt make a difference if it was beta because they would just wipe at launch and have fresh servers. The point of beta is too find these things not ban people that find and use them. Especially considering this bug has apparantly been around since this game started its Alpha stages( i wasnt here then but have seen numerous posts stating this) and has been reported many times with no action taken.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have no doubt the bug was posted before. I also read that tickets had been lost in their system, which I don't doubt either. Did Cryptic mess up? Yes. Does this mean they don't care? No. I'm certain if they knew today would happen, they would have prevented it ages ago.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its on the interwebs it MUST be true
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So you're saying your guild is full of people who purposefully exploited bugs in the game for their personal interest? Did you report these guild members to the customer service staff or PWE? Did you take any of their ill gotten loot? You do realize that if you know about people abusing the game system and did not report it that essentially makes you an accomplice to their activities. Essentially you came up on this forum to post that you are part of an exploit group so PWE can look into your forum account, find the game account and proceed from there. Smart.
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »
    he is the source of that lolfail picture. can someone confirm what he says ?

What source? Just saying, that I made a picture of my own tickets and the field around the number of days is also in a different colour. I have clearly different gamma settings, so it's actually darker not lighter than the surrounding area, but it has the same size.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    meattreatmeattreat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did Cryptic mess up? Yes. Does this mean they don't care? No. I'm certain if they knew today would happen, they would have prevented it ages ago.

The exact same bug was in star trek online and the exact same thing happened, that kind of goes beyond a mess up.