test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's ok guys, it's beta, 100m astral diamons.

2»

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    haiida wrote: »
    Unproven? Please go invest in a pair of glasses, you don't have to be pass the intelligence level of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to see that you have no idea what you're talking about. The games economy is ruined, this game is ruined, pwe ruined this game.

You are making unproven claims. "Many people in my guild..." What is that supposed to prove? Nothing. You have nothing to back up your statements, and that is why you ressort to personal attacks.

Glasses sound like a good idea for you. You might notice how the screenshot was photoshopped in an amateurish way.

So, are you going to give us more than "Many people in my guild..." and a poorly shopped screenshot?
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only 7 hour rollback? Should have been a wipe.

But it's nothing new: PWE has never removed ill-gotten gains from numerous exploits in any of their games, nor banned people except once during the halloween javascript exploit on FW.

Stop brown nosing and white knighting, it's pretty obvious they screwed up the economy by not wiping and at least a few people will get off the hook with ill-gotten gains, resulting in high exchange rates that in the end benefits PWE by making it harder to buy stuff without spending cash.
    Many transactions can't be reversed without creating a heck of a mess.. that is why you wipe.
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meattreat wrote: »
    The exact same bug was in star trek online and the exact same thing happened, that kind of goes beyond a mess up.

A mess up is a boolean value. Either you did it right or you did it wrong. There's no need to nitpick the wording. If they got game investors on the phone trying to decide how to handle this, it's about as big as it can get.
    houserin_signature.png
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    HES USING A CHEAT ENGINE.

in other words he can change the value of any number in the game but its only changing the appearance he doesnt actually have 1 million.

Dont believe its a cheat engine ? google cheat engine logo and then look at the top of the picture... exact same logo.

As soon as he logs out or changes instance that value will go back to normal.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But it's nothing new: PWE has never removed ill-gotten gains from numerous exploits in any of their games, nor banned people except once during the halloween javascript exploit on FW.

Strange statement considering that they just did a rollback that people said PWE would never do. The flood of cats is gone, and when the exchange comes back, we will see what the rate is like after a day or two. There are also plenty of whine posts from people who did get banned.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • onodrakonodrak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    HES USING A CHEAT ENGINE.

in other words he can change the value of any number in the game but its only changing the appearance he doesnt actually have 1 million.

Dont believe its a cheat engine ? google cheat engine logo and then look at the top of the picture... exact same logo.

As soon as he logs out or changes instance that value will go back to normal.

You do understand how the Windows 7 task-bar works right? Clearly the only open pinned program is Neverwinter. Er nm, I guess it does look like the div bar is there.
  • blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fanboy of the day award goe to.......

Hows that saying go,,do something wrong its an accident do the same thing and expect different results is lunacy?

The fact is this has been reported not just in this game but they had the same issue with STO. Yet here we are again. Yet there is no wipe to reset the market. Which makes it look as tho they wanted this to happen to devalue AD and make zen worth more?
    A mess up is a boolean value. Either you did it right or you did it wrong. There's no need to nitpick the wording. If they got game investors on the phone trying to decide how to handle this, it's about as big as it can get.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can totally prove something about those screenshots.

The person who shopped those images failed at color matching.
  • draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    i don't believe that guys try use CHEAT ENGINE and put this sux screenshot hueHAUEHAEUHaue

No way, no way...
  • draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Cheat engine is only clientside, idk if dumb people follow up this post...shame on you
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    mate ive used cheat engine before, clearly you have not. it doesnt need to stay open after you change the values. on the next load screen the values will go back no matter if the prog is open or not.
    edited May 2013
    Fanboy of the day award goe to.......

Hows that saying go,,do something wrong its an accident do the same thing and expect different results is lunacy?

The fact is this has been reported not just in this game but they had the same issue with STO. Yet here we are again. Yet there is no wipe to reset the market. Which makes it look as tho they wanted this to happen to devalue AD and make zen worth more?

If the cost to do a wipe is greater than the cost to surgically fix you don't do a wipe. Simple math formula.

I'm not defending their actions, but working in the same industry I know how this stuff goes. Is it stupid? Yes. Should they have done a wipe? I voted yes on the poll. Only reason I didn't want a wipe is I don't want to relevel. It was nice the first time through but doing it again is a pain in my ***.
    houserin_signature.png
  • strike2wcestrike2wce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    onodrak wrote: »
    You do understand how the Windows 7 task-bar works right? Clearly the only open pinned program is Neverwinter.

All of the pinned programs on the task bar are outlined except the first Neverwinter icon. That means all the programs on the task bar are open with the exception of the first Neverwinter program.

The only reason the first icon isn't outlined is because that's the launcher for the game. The launcher closes when the actual game opens.

Not to mention that's Windows 8 in desktop mode, not Windows 7.

[edit] My guess is: WinRAR is open because he just downloaded a .RAR file for CheatEngine. Paint is open so he could paste his screen shot. The Notepad and stock market looking program - who knows? [/edit]
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Strange statement considering that they just did a rollback that people said PWE would never do. The flood of cats is gone, and when the exchange comes back, we will see what the rate is like after a day or two. There are also plenty of whine posts from people who did get banned.

I'm slightly pessimistic, because it's a really hard thing to distinguish, who cheated and who just got in the way. It's either Aion (ban everyone including legit players) or some of the exploiters will stay and there's nothing you can do about it.

Regards,
    Kalantris
    edited May 2013
    This **** dun cheat the game, he try use cheat engine morons... google it, cheat engine only change the numbers, but back to normal if u relog, or change map instance, it's only visual, he dont have 100.000.000 A.D
  • blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet 2 seperate polls on this site as well as post here on FB and twitter were largely in favor of a clean start,or even a fresh shard.
    If the cost to do a wipe is greater than the cost to surgically fix you don't do a wipe. Simple math formula.

I'm not defending their actions, but working in the same industry I know how this stuff goes. Is it stupid? Yes. Should they have done a wipe? I voted yes on the poll. Only reason I didn't want a wipe is I don't want to relevel. It was nice the first time through but doing it again is a pain in my ***.
    edited May 2013
    And yeah, because someone would hack the game in game and have EXACTLY 100 million using the exploit, and not something like, 100,349,920.
    houserin_signature.png
  • meattreatmeattreat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And yeah, because someone would hack the game in game and have EXACTLY 100 million using the exploit, and not something like, 100,349,920.

Its capped at 100,000,000