Options

This exploit was not in closed beta!

13»

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wulfmaul wrote: »
    This exploit was used through GATEWAY and was NOT in the Closed Beta.

Anyone with half a brain knows this.
    The lies and rumors spreading about all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is hilarious.

You think a exploit that was there in closed beta would last THIS long?
    How is it that it wasn't exploited from day 1 during the open beta?

Common Sense = LACKING!

except the only way for this bug to work is if someone stuffed up the coding both in the gateway and in the ingame systems that trackthe auction house.

The gateway doesnt magically skip past the AH databases that should never have allowed signed integers.

In short,. even the fact you could put negative numbers in the gateway should have been caught if their back end databases were coded properly.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    GF exploit doesn't require the gateway.
    Creating foundry quests to hit 60 in an hour doesn't require the gateway.
    Farming bosses without resetting the dungeon doesn't require the gateway.

Should I go on?

Yes, please do, because the general mood on the forums last night was that the exploit that brought the servers down has been in since Alpha. But, do continue.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wulfmaul wrote: »
    This exploit was used through GATEWAY and was NOT in the Closed Beta.

Anyone with half a brain knows this.
    The lies and rumors spreading about all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is hilarious.

You think a exploit that was there in closed beta would last THIS long?
    How is it that it wasn't exploited from day 1 during the open beta?

Common Sense = LACKING!

Closed Beta was 4 weeks ago
    we have seen a screenshot around of the bug reported 16 days ago, and btw, we dont know it its the first report, how many people were abusing it before that without reporting, or even FROM WHEN that screenshot is...so we'r looking at 16 days MINIMUM, very very veeeery likely more.

btw, it also appeared in the exact same form in their other 2 games....and it was reported yet ignored here.

so apparently a bug that was not only in their 2 previous games, BUT ALSO REPORTED AND RUBBED IN THEIR FACES MORE THAN 2 WEEKS ago...could still be here yesterday

I sure hope your not trying to build your last line of defence with a simple "the bug is not 28 days old, its just around 16 or more..." because otherwise....heh...get back to lick windows, monstruous imbecile...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

Never go full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please do, because the general mood on the forums last night was that the exploit that brought the servers down has been in since Alpha. But, do continue.

no of course not. it just took place for 7 hours, the rollback is all thats necessary, and Cryptic/PWE are still fully commited to deliver a great game where their playerbase is more important than money. all the 16 days screenshots, reddit boasts happening since weeks, and proofs of the same bug in both their other 2 games are all lies. keep believing in the official version and wash behind your ears, son
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its pretty funny how also happen in swtor...i mean.. u think tht they would learn and improve...
  • Options
    ana1963ana1963 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's truly amazing how many Cryptic developers and testers have the time right now to post on these forums. I'd have thought you guys all had more important things to do, like finding and fixing bugs.
  • Options
    g4nj4m4n0g4nj4m4n0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoL
    not even Sean Penn went full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    we have seen a screenshot around of the bug reported 16 days ago, and btw, we dont know it its the first report, how many people were abusing it before that without reporting, or even FROM WHEN that screenshot is...so we'r looking at 16 days MINIMUM, very very veeeery likely more...

That screenshot is a fake, and a bad one at that.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    "Reliable source"? Such a thing exists within PWE?

The dude is lying, why reply?
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    You needed your own thread for this?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    That screenshot is a fake, and a bad one at that.

True but the same flaw existed in other Cryptic games.

And besides, before the exploit came out publicly I read someone who claimed there was a massive AD scam going on, which he had reported, but nothing had been done. I hope he was referring to this one otherwise...
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    we have seen a screenshot around of the bug reported 16 days ago, and btw, we dont know it its the first report, how many people were abusing it before that without reporting, or even FROM WHEN that screenshot is...so we'r looking at 16 days MINIMUM, very very veeeery likely more.

btw, it also appeared in the exact same form in their other 2 games....and it was reported yet ignored here.

so apparently a bug that was not only in their 2 previous games, BUT ALSO REPORTED AND RUBBED IN THEIR FACES MORE THAN 2 WEEKS ago...could still be here yesterday

I sure hope your not trying to build your last line of defence with a simple "the bug is not 28 days old, its just around 16 or more..." because otherwise....heh...get back to lick windows, monstruous imbecile...

This guy had 1 piece of info he heard from someone else and then posted it as fact. He was wrong but like most who do this, he will not say 'Sorry, I was wrong and had no idea what I was talking about.'