test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proof that exploit existed since day 1 and was reported?

Comments

• Options
    jfsjfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be rather hard to justify updates if a lot of people stop giving them any money. A good cash shop game can expect to get roughly subscription level rates from me. With this last fiasco NW has lost my confidence and my $$.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one that see's the "16 days ago" shopped in?
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Who benfited the most from all of this idiocy? Perfect World. AD is gone and worthless. The Zen store is still active, so go buy some Zen with your hard-earned cash from the Perfect World website and pay $30 (3,000 Zen) for a bag.

They freely admit their rollback only catches when the exploit went viral. Perfect World is totally complicit. They wrote the code, people! It is their creation! They created the exploit!
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think this is hilarious.. i mean.. when i talk about chargeback, people say : Ya, but u will have your account ban . Im im like : " excelent"
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    burleyxiii wrote: »

Am I the only one that sees a Cryptic/PWE dev behind your account?

also, Im sure all the reddit boasts about exploiting weeks ago, or people exploiting the very same bug on STO weeks ago also were shopped.

OMG, Cryptic/PWE SHOPPED REALITY ITSELF!
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    burleyxiii wrote: »

am I the only one who's familiar enough with photoshop to point out you'd better point out exactly how it was shopped in instead of just running straight to conspiracy theories when we know this exact bug happened on STO months ago and therefore likely has been lurking in the engine all along?
  • Options
    drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    Lets just get one thing straight, the bug was fixed in Star Trek online and that fix carried over to neverwinter(in-game client). The devs didn't have the foresight to test their new gateway properly so bidding into the negative resurfaced.

It doesn't matter how it resurfaced. That fact that it did resurface in any way, shape, or form, makes this company look like morons.
  • Options
    burleyxiiiburleyxiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »

also, Im sure all the reddit boasts about exploiting weeks ago, or people exploiting the very same bug on STO weeks ago also were shopped.

Are you dumb or blind??
    Upgrade your crappy CRT monitor so you can see what I see. An obvious color difference surrounding the "16 days ago".
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LMAO you did?

Actually, back when I played the game Perfect World, PWE had very reasonable pricing, very few bugs that caused any economic or gaming issues. So, when I saw this game, I actually recommended it to friends because they were a good company awhile back. Now, I wont refer anyone to this company's games.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    if you zoom the picture in you can see it. looks weird.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »

No, you are not alone. Cant believe someone can be such ignorant except PWE. Obviously that this ignorant kids are the target group for PWE. They will play and pay no matter what **** happens.
  • Options
    kefkahkefkah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as I am upset about the fact that they knew about this exploit for quite some time, burleyxiii is right. That date is in fact photoshopped. Here is an enlarged cut of the image. http://imgur.com/L1lLra8

L1lLra8.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kefkah wrote: »
    As much as I am upset about the fact that they knew about this exploit for quite some time, burleyxiii is right. That date is in fact photoshopped. Here is an enlarged cut of the image. http://imgur.com/L1lLra8

I was just about to put that up, you beat me to it.

And I never disagreed with them knowing of the exploit, but if you're going to post "proof"... at least have it be real.

Everyone's so eager to join the mob with their pitchfork's and torches that they are blind to the obvious.

EAT IT SAGA.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Actually, back when I played the game Perfect World, PWE had very reasonable pricing, very few bugs that caused any economic or gaming issues. So, when I saw this game, I actually recommended it to friends because they were a good company awhile back. Now, I wont refer anyone to this company's games.

Eh. I remember a game with 40-60€ mounts, fashion items that were RANDOMLY coloured when you bought them, expensive health/mana charms, etc. US version was much cheaper then?
  • Options
    gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had to reply to this and repeat what everyone is saying.
    them knowing about the bug and ignoring it ticks me off more than anything. this was known in CLOSED BETA and it was reported on numerous times. they shouldn't have went into open beta with this bug in place. they don't care about this game, they care about the money you give them. there was a gem in this game but the staff is not so great. i suggest to all of you who haven't spent money on this game, don't. i can't say to you to not play it because it is still a fun game. but how long will the fun last?
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    I dont understand what exactly Cryptic/perfect world have been doing for a month since the launch? There were 0 improvements.

Giant mounds of cocaine due to all the ~*~HERO OF THE NORTH~*~ money.

Pretty good scam, to be quite honest.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davan9k wrote: »

You should make sure your screenshots use a lossless compression format before you copy and paste things between them. Clearly a rectangle of copy/paste around that 16 days ago. What do you have to gain by lying about something like this? I mean do you have nothing better to do than try and destroy a community? You are just a parasite on the gaming industry.
  • Options
    gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO wait, I could have been doing this all along and then passing all this currency to alt accounts multiple times a day? WTF

A person on reddit was bragging about how he made $7000 from selling AD as a goldseller. It's probably what most goldsellers advertising in game were doing.
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well.. isnt that easy to settle? i think that tickets has number right ?
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The stupidity of this game is the money system.
    You need Zen for this
    You need Astral Diamonds for this
    You need copper and silver for this.

For example
    If I don't get AD when I sell my items to a game vendor, WTF do I need AD to buy an identify scroll for that equipment.
    That's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pelomixa wrote: »
    What a freaking joke, I expected more from Perfect World.

Don't see why. PWE has only banned exploiters once (from what I saw anyway), and NEVER removed unfair, ill-gotten advantages in any of their games and I could give many examples.. They like to sweep things under the rug; they still never admitted how easily you could exploit the FW halloween page by merely typing a short line of java in the address bar to spawn any item. They called them "hackers" when in reality the exploit was as simple as this gateway bug. PWE will never learn to not trust user input, at this rate..

All this company cares about is money.. they don't care what's good for their games or customer satisfaction. Just look at FW's economy: it's the single most pay to win game company ever, all gold is from cash shop, items ingame are worth nothing, you either resell or you cash shop...or quit cause you will never get anywhere after years of playing. Even Nexon doesn't bleed its users this badly.

Cryptic: Shame on you. If you can break your contract with PWE or otherwise get out of it, do so. Take this game down, do what needs to be done to fix balance and dumb bugs, and put it up with a better publisher than PWE. I have the feeling they pressured you into releasing a half done game because all their other games are the same: swiftly made money grabs that never get fixed.
    riven84 wrote: »
    Just because you can't see its purpose, doesn't make it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

(It just makes you look <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.)
    You should say that to yourself. The system is designed to bleed users of money, though it's not nearly as bad as the setup in FW.
    syrum wrote: »
    You're thinking of PW-MY. They had reasonable pricing.

PWI costed a small fortune to do much of anything. 5 times higher than PW-MY, and at least 2x higher prices than they should have been for the USA market.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    You should make sure your screenshots use a lossless compression format before you copy and paste things between them. Clearly a rectangle of copy/paste around that 16 days ago. What do you have to gain by lying about something like this? I mean do you have nothing better to do than try and destroy a community? You are just a parasite on the gaming industry.

next time read the whole thread before asking me stupid ****. i already posted the pic source ( http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?267251-Neverwinter-will-be-the-2013/page8 ). if you scroll abit you can see that czeslawczad posted that ****.
    since they already had that bug in another game i dont realy care enough to fake screenshots. they knew about that bug - period.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic: Shame on you. If you can break your contract with PWE or otherwise get out of it, do so.
    Cryptic is owned by PWE. There is no contract. Cryptic is PWE.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gorbulas wrote: »
    Cryptic is owned by PWE. There is no contract. Cryptic is PWE.

This.

Much like Bioware and EA, they have to do what PWE tells them.
  • Options
    badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying the exploit wasn't going on from the beginning, and I am definitely not with PW (in fact have now sworn against giving them money) but the truth, whether anyone wants to see it or not -

The image in the 2nd post IS photoshopped
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    f0ske wrote: »

Anyway Neverwinter it's just a passageway before the beta of Wildstar and TESO.
    Now thanks I can leave properly this bad game. 1.5/10 for the game

Wildstar looks like you have to be 14 years old to enjoy. Id be embarassed to play that.
    TESO though... that looks epic.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    Wildstar looks like you have to be 14 years old to enjoy. Id be embarassed to play that.
    TESO though... that looks epic.

I know, right? It's like that Minecraft game. Only kids play with Legos.
  • Options
    eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sure it did. I doubt some programmer snuck it in a week or 2 after open beta launch just for laughs.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    I know, right? It's like that Minecraft game. Only kids play with Legos.

OK let me clarify for the fanboys, if a game looks like this http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/media/screenshots/ it is really embarassing IMO to play. It targets the 14 year old crowd and is goofy.

Minecraft is just a game about building and gathering without cutsie graphics.