test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quitting unless Servers wipes

chinoduro169chinoduro169 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Generally speaking, if you look back at all those exploits people used to gain an incredible amount of AD selling Tier 2 items without doing anything. People using the item exploits where you gain an unlimited amount of power and use that to run 5 minute Castle Never dungeons. The Foundry exp exploit where you can easily reach to level 60 in just a few hours. Its not fair for the people who spent days to level 60 while some people just uses 2-3 hours of their time exploiting the foundry quests.

Its either they wipe all servers, giving back the people the Zen/AD they purchased and everyone start over again with all bugs/exploits fixed or many of us will chargeback and quit this game.

Share your thoughts as im sure many of you wont agree with me.
Post edited by chinoduro169 on

Comments

• revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back in my day we only had monochrome color pong! You kids and your new fangled virtual currencies! *Shakes cane at Thread*
    houserin_signature.png
  • gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping is not a good solution though, i stopped playing unless they open a new server. I want to fresh start.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inb4 'can i have your stuff'!!!!!
    did i make it?
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I quit threads are against the Forum Rules.
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Your spot on.... but they only care when it hits them in the WALLET and mass people started useing the AH HACK to get AD/ZEN and CATS became the new form of trade.

They havn't fixed anything by doing a roll back of a few hours. Inless they delete every AD/ZEN/CAT that was used in this process (and they won't) in all of these hackes they have killed the game and the ecomony.

SERVER WIPE is the way to go... but they have their head so far in the sand its not even funny.

Thats ok cus the gaming sites have gotten a hold of this and they are the laughing joke again today. Much like how their other game a few yrs back had this issue and they are victim to it again. THEY DONT LEARN.
  • gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No "I Quit" threads.
    We're sorry to see you go, but please keep your goodbyes to PMs or in game messages. These threads do not contribute to the community discussion and generally end in hate or flames.

Exactly, but he doesnt say i quit, he just dont want to play in a corrupted environment
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Given that many of the exploiters will have lost access to the game when they were banned, and the exploits have now been fixed, a complete server wipe would harm many more people who have done nothing wrong compared with the few exploiters remaining with intact goods. The rollback removed the greatest damage to the economy, with less damage to the non-exploiters.

"The greatest good for the greatest number" sounds cliched, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Punishing an entire population for the actions of a few to an extreme doesn't generally go down well.

I've spent a little money on the game. I'm still enjoying playing it. I'm not considering making a fraudulent chargeback anytime soon.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i dont understand why so many ppl are against a full charwipe.

do you guys even know, what damage the game has already taken due to those exploiters.
    there are now millions. no billions on AD in the game. that cripples the whole economy...

the damage is already done, all they can do now is damage control. but i fear even for damage control its to late.

a 7hour rollback is a joke that didn't really help a bit. im im correct those exploits are known since pre-open beta..
    The game is still in beta. take this and wipe the servers before launch, refund zen etc. but its likely the only way out.

you've failed hard but you have a chance to fix the exploits and start a new game with launch. thats what a "beta" is for.. to find bugs and exploits that can ruin the whole game.

if you wont do this, well see by yourself what currently is happening out there.
    you wont be able to buy anything except you have over 1million AD. or you trade with cats lol

if you cant afford cats or ad or zen. you're simply ****ed. a poor ******* in the middle of other poor players and the rich exploiters.

if you cant afford cats from the cat-mafia, then what? your character will starve due to no money for potions and other stuff.

"save a cat - wipe the game"
  • nethfelnethfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree with your stance.

An overall server wipe to fix a problem that is being abused by a few is not a good answer. They have the games database and associated logs. There is no reason why they couldn't create a utility on their side to parse the logs and database to get a list of the users who used and abused the exploit. Shut the servers down for a few hours, find the offenders and deal with them (ban them, remove ill-gotten gains, etc.). I don't see why the rest of us who have been playing the game the way it was intended should be punished because a few abused the system -it might take a few hours or even a day to sort the entire issue out between finding all of the transactions, confirming the good vs bad (as an application can pop a false positive) and finally taking action.

The idea of a server wipe can be equated to nuking a city because there are some criminals in the city - you don't do that, you deal with the criminals and leave the innocent people alone. Just because a server wipe would be an "easy" solution, that doesn't make it the right solution. Plus what happens down the line, 2 or 3 months from now (or 6 months or a year) if another exploit comes up, are you going to demand a server wipe again? That's the quickest way to alienate your population is to destroy everything they have worked for. Deal with the trouble makers, not the population as a whole.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another drama queen, can i have your stuff?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xanos900 wrote: »

And I don't know why there are (seemingly) so many people for a full wipe. Sure, the forum commandoes here might stick around, but a large number of "average players" (who, based on a check of zone chat, have no idea why a rollback happened and are bent out of shape about just losing that much) would bail. And the game can't survive on a couple hundred "nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" types.
  • ishaan2000ishaan2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why u quit ?

U quitter ? lol quitter is coward and pansy haha.
  • absynthe7absynthe7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay. So we've gone from "they need to wipe because of all the damage that happened this weekend" to "they need to wipe because of all the other stuff that happened way before that"? Why weren't you ready to quit last week, then?

I get it. You're angry, and you've decided that a full wipe will somehow fix the things you're angry about. Except you have no idea what you're actually angry about, so no one cares.
  • pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Meow!
    I hope that cat mafia is complying with Kennel guidelines.
    xanos900 wrote: »

do you guys even know, what damage the game has already taken due to those exploiters.
    there are now millions. no billions on AD in the game. that cripples the whole economy...

the damage is already done, all they can do now is damage control. but i fear even for damage control its to late.

a 7hour rollback is a joke that didn't really help a bit. im im correct those exploits are known since pre-open beta..
    The game is still in beta. take this and wipe the servers before launch, refund zen etc. but its likely the only way out.

you've failed hard but you have a chance to fix the exploits and start a new game with launch. thats what a "beta" is for.. to find bugs and exploits that can ruin the whole game.

if you wont do this, well see by yourself what currently is happening out there.
    you wont be able to buy anything except you have over 1million AD. or you trade with cats lol

if you cant afford cats or ad or zen. you're simply ****ed. a poor ******* in the middle of other poor players and the rich exploiters.

if you cant afford cats from the cat-mafia, then what? your character will starve due to no money for potions and other stuff.

"save a cat - wipe the game"
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gokcay wrote: »
    Exactly, but he doesnt say i quit, he just dont want to play in a corrupted environment

Thread title begs to differ.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • chinoduro169chinoduro169 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    Given that many of the exploiters will have lost access to the game when they were banned, and the exploits have now been fixed, a complete server wipe would harm many more people who have done nothing wrong compared with the few exploiters remaining with intact goods. The rollback removed the greatest damage to the economy, with less damage to the non-exploiters.

"The greatest good for the greatest number" sounds clich

I believe that a server wipe would benefit the community in general. Everyone starts anew fairly. If not, then many people including me loses the will to keep playing this game. The most annoying part for me was: People spent $200/$60 packs for the head start. They took days and days to level up to 60. When the open beta started for all the free users, people began exploiting The Foundry quests. It literally took them no time to level to 60. Then what was the point for the people who spent money on those packs to be "ahead" of everyone else while you could just start at open beta having a free account and exploit the foundry quests?

PS: Sorry for my bad english since im asian
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Generally speaking, if you look back at all those exploits people used to gain an incredible amount of AD selling Tier 2 items without doing anything. People using the item exploits where you gain an unlimited amount of power and use that to run 5 minute Castle Never dungeons. The Foundry exp exploit where you can easily reach to level 60 in just a few hours. Its not fair for the people who spent days to level 60 while some people just uses 2-3 hours of their time exploiting the foundry quests.

Its either they wipe all servers, giving back the people the Zen/AD they purchased and everyone start over again with all bugs/exploits fixed or many of us will chargeback and quit this game.

Share your thoughts as im sure many of you wont agree with me.

Are you ok with waiting to play for 5 days after a wipe? I paid for a 5 day head start on you.
  • gatuzaagatuzaa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe ,
    Founders get 200% exp increase for 5days,
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe that a server wipe would benefit the community in general. Everyone starts anew fairly. If not, then many people including me loses the will to keep playing this game.

Bet you that more people would "lose the will to keep playing" if everything they've done so far was nuked, than will because of no wipe.
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    nethfel wrote: »

An overall server wipe to fix a problem that is being abused by a few is not a good answer. They have the games database and associated logs. There is no reason why they couldn't create a utility on their side to parse the logs and database to get a list of the users who used and abused the exploit. Shut the servers down for a few hours, find the offenders and deal with them (ban them, remove ill-gotten gains, etc.). I don't see why the rest of us who have been playing the game the way it was intended should be punished because a few abused the system -it might take a few hours or even a day to sort the entire issue out between finding all of the transactions, confirming the good vs bad (as an application can pop a false positive) and finally taking action.

The idea of a server wipe can be equated to nuking a city because there are some criminals in the city - you don't do that, you deal with the criminals and leave the innocent people alone. Just because a server wipe would be an "easy" solution, that doesn't make it the right solution. Plus what happens down the line, 2 or 3 months from now (or 6 months or a year) if another exploit comes up, are you going to demand a server wipe again? That's the quickest way to alienate your population is to destroy everything they have worked for. Deal with the trouble makers, not the population as a whole.

I can see your point view but if i am honest do you know how many times the duped AD has changed hands either by exploiters or to player who have not committed the exploit bit are caught up on this ?

Some of the exploiter have already stated on other forums that they have sold the money to gold sellers for real life money. So this AD and zen is and will be in game and will stay in game to be used as they see fit as it has changed hands so many time now it will be almost unworkable to trace or cost PWI too much money to trace.

Hence why a server wipe at this ealry stage of the game would be the best way to resolve the issue. Yes this will also cause PWI real money but it would also bring back the integrity of both this game and company.
  • chinoduro169chinoduro169 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nethfel wrote: »

Maybe you are a little bit lost or you are just not realizing what has happened so far/ You say "only a few" has exploited. You are completely wrong.. The majority of the players have used the exploits.

Server wipe is the only good option out there since this game is still a beta.. Its still very new. Wipe it, refund Zen to the players and everyone starts fresh. Just take a look at the people who has exploited the Power bug. They run Castle Never in minutes.. Collects SO MANY of those TIER 2 weapons and CONTROLS the price in the AUCTION HOUSE.. you call that fair? this is just ONE of the many exploits that MANY people used already
  • blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbelievable,,the exploiters even troll the honest people on the forums and get away with it,,,sorry but this game is so borked,,,the only people against the wipe are the ones that used it since day one. This game has such a trash rep now its just sad.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gokcay wrote: »
    Wiping is not a good solution though, i stopped playing unless they open a new server. I want to fresh start.

The only way opening a new server would be a good idea is 1 if they cancel the idea of a server merge (doh), and 2 they would have to give heros of the north first access and guardians access a few days later, then the rest of the population after that for the head start they paid for.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Bet you that more people would "lose the will to keep playing" if everything they've done so far was nuked, than will because of no wipe.

I have already lost 4 days worth of coins from praying, which in and of itself isn't a big deal. But I have also lost a legitimately acquired blue crafting asset for my Leadership that I got from a box. Spent money to buy keys, only to have it taken away in the roll back. A wipe takes my other blue and a green asset, also from boxes, and frankly, would be my last straw. If they intended to wipe the servers, they should have stated such. As it is, this is the better way to go, since I didn't lose everything I've worked for, just a couple of character levels, and some crafting levels and resources.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic and PW are in a no win situation. I have read countless posts saying if you don't wipe I'll quit, and countless other posts saying if you do wipe I'll quit. I think they're doing the right thing in defaulting back to their previous statement of "we won't wipe" so at least people won't say they broke their word.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    If they ban 90% of the people that were exploiting than the damage that was done will right itself in a week. Auctions will expire and need to be put up for correct prices. If you think this is the first MMO to have a problem like this you are wrong, there have been several cases of this happening in games more established and far out of open beta. Things happen code gets messed up and players exploit, in a perfect world players would have reported this exploit right away instead of abusing it. Get mad at the people exploiting a game in open beta just to be ******s. I for one prefer they are banned and people are allowed to keep their progress. I personally think some of the people pushing for a full wipe are those that got banned, because they are mad and want to see everyone else start over.
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gatuzaa wrote: »
    wipe ,
    Founders get 200% exp increase for 5days,

No that's not the same. I want 5 days on the server without the riff raff. If there would be a wipe, non founders cant play for 5 days after.
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I could see a wipe under one condition only: If the Zen Market was not exposed to players. As soon as they start taking in real cash for anything, they cannot erase your data due to bugs or exploits, unless you are one of those using the bugs or exploits to unfair advantage. MMO 101.
  • naamapeikkonaamapeikko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They rolled back to the point where majority of people didn't know about the bug. Economy was fine before that and it will be fine from now on.
  • spacedinvaderspacedinvader Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they won't wipe, they only prove even further that the BETA label is simply a marketing joke with no meaning whatsoever.
    M i n e r v a | R e q u i e m