test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want all of them banned without any exceptions !

forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please BAN every single exploit user!
No exceptions, not even cheater-founders should get away with that.
By this way, you'll ensure limiting future exploits.

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

if you decide to say "
ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !
Post edited by forumcan on

Comments

• Options
    mownage123mownage123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They already posted that they are enforcing bans, but didn't detail that they will be able to fix the economy. Only that they "hope" to.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The economy is trashed and they know it's unrepairable without a start over.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if they also remove all the duped money, AD, zen, and cats that got traded...

They really should Open a new Server and give everyone a new Charakter slot
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand you don't like cheaters, exploiters but what you ask is nearly impossible. With a game that allows free subscribing a banned player can make a new account. Try to ban their IP and they will get through via proxy. You aren't going to solve this problem with a drastic banning. It would be better to sucker the exploiters in and punish them silently without them knowing they are being punished. That way they can't try to avoid the punishment. It is the only way it will work.
  • Options
    sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind the fact of a rollback. Sure it means that everyone loses precious time spent levelling their character (and in some instances getting awesome items like the Nightmare from the boxes), but this means that the economy will hopefully be restored to its original stability before this problem.

They've even said they are looking into helping those people out that received a Nightmare upon opening a box.

Have faith. They know that in order to keep this business going they'll need to make amends. They said they will do so in their dev posts. The reward probably won't be that great, but it's a free item. Maybe they'll give you an extra bag for your inconvenience. MAYBE.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah Banned every single one of them. There is no excused to be using the exploits, you did it and you deserved it. There even a few people excepting they exploited on the forums, even go far back as read it and Banned them too!
  • Options
    deemorgan01deemorgan01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** nashers ..... Ban ogres to
  • Options
    relativebluerelativeblue Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot to invoke Tyr, OP.
    That was your chance and your blew it!
  • Options
    disimpactsdisimpacts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize they're Account banning, people can just make a new one and come back, It's a free game.
    It's honestly not going to do much but balance the economy, exploiters will still be here unfortunately.
  • Options
    klugemaker1klugemaker1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    It would be better to sucker the exploiters in and punish them silently without them knowing they are being punished. That way they can't try to avoid the punishment. It is the only way it will work.

Every trade, vendor, or AH transaction they do mysteriously disappears. Then starts the lag, the random one shot from low levels, and potions randomly stop working. Finally MOBs come into town kill and loot there bodies while they are AFK while they are waiting for the tickets they opened to be resolved. Yeah I think this would be the best way to do it. Just troll them till they quit.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You all understand that the damage is permanent unless they are able to trace every single exploited items and remove them from game right? These game breaking exploits have been in open beta since day 1. I myself didn't think these exploits were in the game since day 1, but my guildmate realizes that she has seen these exploits but didn't think anything of it because she did not try to reproduce it.
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    /signed

yes ban them all.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    fuzzybottoms1fuzzybottoms1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys are dumb...if you ban the current exploiters and ALL THEIR ACCOUNTS/MULES/ALTS, even if they return with new accounts, they will have nothing. BAN THEM ALL! (if the exploits are fixed, even if they come back with brand new accounts, they are forced to play fairly)
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...I feel like you don't quite grasp how little it means to be banned on a F2P game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the accounts of exploiters being banned, and even if they didn't announce they were banning them I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that yeah, they're going to ban them. I'm just more concerned that they fix the issues.
  • Options
    dnd80proofdnd80proof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only can they easily make a new account, but anyone who managed to make real money off of this (by selling AD to gold sellers) will keep their cash. They will return to the game with a new account, find yet another exploit to hit level 60 in a few hours and begin "needing" on every piece of gear that drops, selling it for AD, and so on. Rinse and repeat.

But yeah, they're "banned" so, y'know, justice! Hooray!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They could follow the trails (they could press Z if needed)
    Ban exploiters account.
    Ban any account who got free stuff from exploiter. (for transfers)

They will lose their main and sub account.
    They will eventually lose interest by losing their main/sub on each expoit.
    They will never be encouraged to exploit every single bug from now on.
  • Options
    drexl420drexl420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forumcan wrote: »

Today, I lose my 7 hours of gameplay because of exploiters. I want to see them suffer.

What suffering? I didnt even pay any money for this game, and Im sure most exploiters didnt either. So how would exploiters suffer by having their accounts banned exactly? They'd lose absolutely nothing because they didnt pay anything at all. They'll just start up a new account and it'll be back to business as usual.

In other words, CRY MOAR loser.
  • Options
    hiroprotagonistshiroprotagonists Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h128E0B62
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking more a long the lines of a penalty to loot drop or gold drop or vendor price hikes, but I guess your idea would work..
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the exploiters can make brand spanking new level one broke characters with a reduced selection of exploits.

If anything they're shouldering all the weight of this 'closed beta' by finding all the game breaking bugs. It's just that they don't report them in the ways Cryptic and PWE would like ^_^
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drexl420 wrote: »
    What suffering? I didnt even pay any money for this game, and Im sure most exploiters didnt either. So how would exploiters suffer by having their accounts banned exactly? They'd lose absolutely nothing because they didnt pay anything at all. They'll just start up a new account and it'll be back to business as usual.

In other words, CRY MOAR loser.

They will lose their precious time because they will lose all of their efford on this game.
    And when they lose enough time and efford, they will move on to another gold/money farming expoitable game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From what I read, it seems that, this expoit was there even at "closed beta" days...
    Well I could barely made a lvl 53 character since day 1... But even I want a wipe now !!!

Terminate the current game, wipe the server.
    Just give their goodies to founder guys... make them play for 3-5 days ahead of me.
    Then let us play fairly after 5 days.
  • Options
    professorzeeprofessorzee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please BAN every single exploit user!
    No exceptions, not even cheater-founders should get away with that.
    By this way, you'll ensure limiting future exploits.

if you decide to say "
    ohh... please don't do it again sweetheart... and here is a candy for you as well." and let those cheaters get away with that, you will lose faster than you would even imagine.

I want justice !

This is to all you people who think the roll back did anything but make the majority of the population happy.

I have known about this AH exploit since before this open beta started.
    it was reported numbers of times throughout the closed beta.
    Upon the release of "Open Beta" aka soft launch, i tested the exploit again.
    It was still active!!

i have over 4 billion astral diamonds on 4 different accounts that have not been rolled back past my acquire date of said diamonds.
    Yes i plan to continue to use them as i see fit...
    This is beta after all...

Enjoy. this "Open Beta"
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    What about people who got banned for no reason?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is to all you people who think the roll back did anything but make the majority of the population happy.

I have known about this AH exploit since before this open beta started.
    it was reported numbers of times throughout the closed beta.
    Upon the release of "Open Beta" aka soft launch, i tested the exploit again.
    It was still active!!

i have over 4 billion astral diamonds on 4 different accounts that have not been rolled back past my acquire date of said diamonds.
    Yes i plan to continue to use them as i see fit...
    This is beta after all...

Enjoy. this "Open Beta"

You're right... They need to wipe the server... But they don't have balls to do that.
    So you'll enjoy with your billions of astral diamonds... Have fun.
    At the same time we will continue struggling.

And even if they wiped the server, we would have been punished because of the cheaters.
    We have a proveb for this kind of situation... "iki ucu boklu değnek".
    It means more like "horns of a dilemma"... but both possible outcomes are terrible.
  • Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    The economy is trashed and they know it's unrepairable without a start over.

the economy is not trashed it will be fixed but not overnight

the players can do more to fix the economy in the game then the devs, all we need to do is be honest in how we gain items and be honest and fair in how we trade it and how much we ask for it and over time the problem will fix itself
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    You can't ban in a f2p game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluarcher wrote: »
    the economy is not trashed it will be fixed but not overnight

the players can do more to fix the economy in the game then the devs, all we need to do is be honest in how we gain items and be honest and fair in how we trade it and how much we ask for it and over time the problem will fix itself

cheaters would never reveal themselves...
    Yes, we will continue playing... But cheaters will have the advantage over me forever.
    I played this game since launch... I have 60k Astral Diamonds. Best bet is, I will have 1M astral diamon within 1 year.
    Cheater guys had billions of free AD right now... And he may not played this game more than me !!!
    Don't tell me the "24k/day refine option and honest AH trading" stuff...
    The reality is they had billions while I lost my 7 hours.
    And developers/publishers could no nothing about that. They just watched and tried to "enjoy" the moment.
  • Options
    kelarckelarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ban any account who got free stuff from exploiter. (for transfers)
    If you think that this works you are underestimating exploiters a great deal. There were handouts in local yesterday for example these "cats"...

The only guys that will receive a ban are the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that used the exploit after it went viral and every scrub knew how to do it.
  • Options
    thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

Make it so!