test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SHADOW - Roleplay Guild

Comments

• Options
    griffonclaw09griffonclaw09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A pleasure getting to know some of you better in the Beta Weekend 4!
    ==================================================
    "In Chaos, there is profit"
    Proud member of the Neverwinter Roleplayers community
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

Beta Weekend 4 was a smash success for SHADOW!

We successfully completed our first ever RP event and we role played through several modules of Foundry content.

We are in the process of documenting all the guild "canon" that took place over the weekend, to set the stage for various plot hooks at launch. We are also just about ready to launch a new version of the SHADOW - Campaign Guide here:

SHADOW - Campaign Guide

Finally, we took over 50 cool screen shots of our RP this weekend, check out some of the samples below and then click the link at the bottom to see our entire gallery.
    1171659.jpg
    1171663.jpg
    1171682.jpg

Beta Weekend 4 - Gallery

Interested in role playing with us? Please join us! You can find more information on us here:

http://nwshadow.enjin.com
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

Issue 2 of SHADOW has been published!

All kinds of story lines were ignited this weekend, both through our Open RP threads and actual in-game play through the Foundry (click on the cover to read the details of the "mock" comic):
    ShadowCover2.jpg

We're developing this really nice methodology of "teeing up" story lines via our Open RP threads, then concluding them or extending them in-game via RP and the Foundry.

We're about to merge some plots too, as we find there's something even darker than we realize going on behind some of our plots!

Secrets! Adventure! Destiny!

Oh..and a lot of LOLs. :)

It's all waiting for you at SHADOW...come check us out:

BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    mirmirnaminmirmirnamin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This looks good and all but I like to PvP sometimes. Do you support PvP in your guild?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This looks good and all but I like to PvP sometimes. Do you support PvP in your guild?

We've only just started to build a PVP section. We now have someone in the guild appointed to encourage PVP and to "train" us to do well as a PVP team. There is a sub-forum on PVP in our guild, but it only just launched yesterday.

While we are primarily a role play guild, we're going to encourage PVP and even have PVP events.

So yes, we do support PVP.

Savadious is our "PVP Master" right now and one of the four factions in the guild (Sentinel) will be managing our PVP events and progress.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    drentikadrentika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you have been on persistant Neverwinter worlds before and enjoyed the roleplay and the action, Shadow will be the best choice for you! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

We got some feedback that because we've grown so fast and because we're so active on our forums (with RP, plots and lore), that we're a little intimidating now, particularly for newcomers who are interested, but don't know where to start with us.

On that note, we developed this short little guide for those who want to check us out, but are unsure really just where to begin:

SHADOW - Newcomer's Guide

It's step by step instruction on how to decide if we're a good fit, and if we are, how to get up and running with us in no time at all!

I know we can be a bit intimidating right now, our forums are a constantly being updated, our mumble server has at least some people chatting on them almost all day now, and we're heading into launch with a lot of guild lore.

Just know that you are welcome with us. That what seems monumental now, will as the weeks progress, come to be second nature to you!

We're a fun, happy family of role players. We'll do everything we can to help you along and have fun with the greatest game ever made: Dungeons & Dragons!

So don't be shy!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    drentikadrentika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So much lore but the structures are that awesome :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just so you know SHADOW decided a few days ago to go on the "Mindflayer" shard, where we look forward to meeting with most of the RP Community (who have also chosen that shard).

Also we will be represented on today's RP Guild Mumble meeting by Sarniel.

Finally, our European contingent is expanding and we will have weekly RP events catered to European time zones. We also have wonderful mumble meetings where it is late night on US West Coast and early morning in Eastern Europe. :)

We're going to publish quite a bit in the next few days about our logistics for launch, the first few plots we're going to set in motion, leveling tracks (optional), leveling pacts (rare, but also optional) and other cool ideas to help solidify our RP.

It's really coming along.

If you love RP, I welcome your feedback on our ideas and our guild as a whole:

We'll see you on Mindflayer!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    essessessessessess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With the launch of this game fast approaching, the time for hesitation has passed. Step forward and embrace your destiny! Ride your ambitions higher than you ever thought possible!

Regardless of whether you are penniless beggar, a seeker of justice, a hoarder of arcane knowledge, or an assassin for hire...Shadow has a place for you!

We hope to see you on the Mindflayer server!
    1635722.jpg
    Shadow - A secret Neverwinter Cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

I had highlighted this before, but I really want to highlight it again, as there has been some misunderstanding. My apologies for not providing more emphasis on our concept:

It is true we are a cabal, it is true we amoral. It is true that we have both good and bad characters and that overall we are about self-empowerment, through any means necessary. But in order for that concept to work, both IC and OOC, it is paramount that we all trust one another in the guild, both IC and OOC.

Therefore, subversive characters are just not going to work for us. Subversive to the Neverwinter establishment? Yes! To Lord Neverember! Yes! But subversive to the other guild members either OOC or IC? Sorry, we really try to be liberal and open-minded with all concepts, but that one is destructive to RP and we won't allow it.

In short, please don't join SHADOW just to destroy it.

We ask this question specifically on the guild application and we emphasize in our campaign guide, but I think that fact may have been lost in a lot of my bumps and through the growth of the guild.

To emphasize the point again, I also created this "Basic Principle" link:

SHADOW - Basic Character Principles

We welcome evil characters (we have a few), we welcome good characters (we have a few) but in the guild, we treat one another as brothers and sisters, that's sacrosanct.

Also we are the ENEMY of Lolth. We are at war with Lolth and her followers.

That doesn't mean Drow are not welcome (they most certainly are), but you must be fully on board with the fact that SHADOW works rigorously to free all slaves, including those enslaved by the Drow matriarchy and that we are currently at war with Drow slave masters and Lolth worshipers.

My apologies for any confusion this may have caused. If you have questions about this, feel free to PM me.

I regret not making this more clear, before some people invested in characters that went against this ideal.

I apologize for this and admit I am wholly to blame for it. I will endeavor to make the guild's concept more clear in future.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    sentrickvoluptuasentrickvoluptua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't think you were unclear to begin with. *shrug*

There comes a time in every guild's life for it to take a stand! I stand... For standing!
  • Options
    typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Outstanding!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

Anticipation!

SHADOW is preparing for launch!

We have numerous events planned for launch week! There will be RP! There will be prizes of Zen cards! There will be brand new character art commissioned!

If you role play, we are the place to be!

Come join us, those who get on board before launch, can get in at a higher rank than those who join post-launch (April 30).

Check us out here: http://nwshadow.enjin.com

Be sure to check out our newcomer's guide here on tips on how to integrate quickly and easy with our group:

Newcomer's Guide

Also check out our character's principles if you have time, we accept any class, any race and any alignment and just about every in-game religion:

Basic Character Principles

Finally, if you are bored, waiting for the game and would like to digest some lore, click our in-progress Campaign Guide, and let us know what you think (click the image to download the PDF):

CampaignCover6.jpg

More? You want more? Well for those who do, check out these additional links:
    ShadowForumLinks.jpg

Shadow Portal - Our main guild portal.

Join Us! - Our recruitment application, it is fast and simple!

About Shadow - More summary information, for those who like to delve deep into guild literature before making a decision!

Shadow - Recruitment Video #2 - Our brand new "trailer", that gives you a recap of what SHADOW is about and provides some additional information. This is just the start, expect more videos of our actual adventures as the game launches.

SHADOW - Recruitment Video #1 - This is just a short "recruitment" video for the guild, but it's fun, please have a look! When we get in the game, we'll be able to craft better videos, as we grab from the game directly and produce "recap" videos each month of our major story lines.

Character Profiles - includes information on the guild's current leader, Balar. This is just a work in progress.

Code of Conduct - Our "code of conduct" how we expect guild members to behave out-of-character to ensure a civil, drama-free, but fun guild for everyone.

SHADOW - Guild Structure Discussion - This links to our on-going discussion on how the guild will be structured, with sub-divisions, that will cater to different play styles and ambitions your character might have. Still a work-in-progress!

RP GUIDE A small "Player's Handbook", to help RPers have fun with our guild. This is particularly useful for people new to RP. This document is still a work-in-progress.

Methods & Events - This documents the various kind of RP events we're going to sponsor and how our RP will be structured. This is just a sketch and any feedback on the approach would be welcome.

SHADOW - Lore & History - This is a long Wiki page that goes into great detail about SHADOW's legacy and its lore. SHADOW has a history that spans back centuries into Forgotten Realm's history. Learn SHADOW's humble beginnings and how it has had a place in Faerun history ever since.

PM me here if you have any additional questions, or simply post a reply to this thread.

Thank you!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Get embraced by Shadows! Cannot wait to launch on Mindflayer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    essessessessessess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know about you folks, but I am getting quite excited for launch! I can't wait for thursday! ;)
    1635722.jpg
    Shadow - A secret Neverwinter Cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Our officer corps is now set!

I wanted to thank everyone in SHADOW for collaborating together to build our guild structure and setup our officers!

As the game moves forward (so close now!) we will be rewarding based on merit.

We define merit as anything creative or imaginative. So writers get rewarded for writing stories, character backgrounds or contributing to Open RP threads, lore weavers get rewarded for writing our lore, Foundry Workers get rewarded for building Foundry content for us. Power-levelers get rewards for hitting certain level targets, PVP people get rewards for attending our PVP events, RPers get rewards for Spot-RP and attending our RP events. Artists get rewarded for creating art and sharing it with us on our forum.

Shadow is broken down into four factions. Each faction works together and respects the other, but each faction also has its own unique role and responsibilities in the guild.

There are four divisions, Nexus, Oracle, Scepter and Sentinel. Each division has five ranks...

NexusLogo.jpg
    Nexus - Our covert division, involved in spying, stealing, breaking and entering, fraud and assassination. You can learn more about Nexus here.

OracleLogo.jpg
    Oracle - Our arcane division, involved in research, alchemy, weird science, arcane artifacts and history. You can learn more about Oracle here.

ScepterLogo.jpg
    Scepter - Is our political and diplomacy division. It also handles finances, entrepreneurship and also provides charity operations, as well as social events. It focuses on power and persuasion. You can learn more about Scepter here.

SentinelLogo.jpg
    Sentinel - Is our security and war department. It provides protection to the other factions, and is sometimes our last resort faction, that comes in and finishes problems with steel and brawn! It also where those who enjoy PVP are encouraged to join. You can learn more about Sentinel here.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Countdown is running :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bearilbearil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We are almost there hope more of you guys join us i can assure you this is gonna be BIG :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Tonight it will start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vinnymakvinnymak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love that we are adding a PvP aspect to Sentinel. I'm going to enjoy putting together solid pre-made PvP groups.
    Belmaliel Seraph - Human Guardian Fighter (@Eldredd)
  • Options
    stucool66stucool66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited April 2013
    Join up, they got it goin' on.
  • Options
    typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vinnymak wrote: »
    I love that we are adding a PvP aspect to Sentinel. I'm going to enjoy putting together solid pre-made PvP groups.

Pick me, oh me, me me!
  • Options
    redmage21redmage21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    looking forward to joining
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    redmage21 wrote: »
    looking forward to joining
    We have a great RP group :)

On another note, Our Guild will be streaming some today. So come by the website and we will have a link to the stream.
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ShadowForum4.jpg

We hit 75 members today.

I promised the guild we'd vote at 75 as to whether we stay at that size for a while, or continue to grow. We'll be starting that vote on Monday.

If you'd like to join us, please get your application in before Monday April 29th! At that point I'll suspend growth, pending the outcome of the vote on Thursday May 2, at which point we may suspend recruitment indefinitely or open recruitment back up.

If you want to get your application in now BEFORE the voting booth opens on Monday, please click here:

http://nwshadow.enjin.com/recruitment

Thank you!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    misssophistmisssophist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I couldn't find an answer anywhere looking through your substantial information, is this guild timezone specific to the USA? With the single server/sharding technology of Neverwinter many European players like myself are looking to try and find a roleplay community that suits our needs. I'd be very much interested in involving myself with this guild as I feel I would very much enjoy the theme and that my character would meld with it. However naturally if as a UK based player your events are going to be held at times far too late in the evening then there is little point in joining for either party. So in short I'd love an answer as to your stance on timezones and international players.

Edit: Noticed a post about a European aspect to the guild, I would still very much appreciate some further information on that. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We are not time zone specific, our members cross several time zones.

Our European contingent is significant and very active. They represent just under half the guild right now, which currently sits at 76 members.

We will be running RP Events during European times. Our first RP post-launch for example, took place at 20:00 GMT. Currently our members represent the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Greece, Ireland, England and Germany.

We do lack Australian/Asian time zone members, currently only with two Aussies in our guild.

Our North American members largely split between east and west coast, with a few central time zone and one mountain.

I should warn you that our guild is taking a vote on whether to expand past our current guild size. Some want to stay our current size to acclimate and get to know one another, others want to keep growing. The vote will be close. That vote closes in a few days.

My recommendation is, if you are interested, to get in now, before the vote closes. Members are still open, pending the outcome of the vote. In a few days, it might be too late.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Balar, I would be very interested in joining your guild after putting some thought and checking around. Sadly I just read your announcement today. :( Bummer.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Hello Balar, I would be very interested in joining your guild after putting some thought and checking around. Sadly I just read your announcement today. :( Bummer.

You can still join before the vote closes. So if you get your application in by Wednesday night, you will be okay.

If the vote moves to suspend recruitment, then at that point, we'll suspend recruitment until we vote again a few weeks later.
    BalarSig103B.jpg