test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Way to kill your own game PWE

manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The I can not believe they did not wipe the servers. 70% of players who cared enough to vote wnated a complete wipe. So what do you do? Ignore the problem and make your game fail. Hey PWE, WAKE THE **** UP! You just ruined your game and made it worthless. Good job you fails. Pay attention to the players that care about your game and put money into it. How can you be so blind?! There were two different posts on your forums with voting polls that had your player base asking for a wipe....How do you not realize this?!

Secondly, this AH exploit has been out since day one. So not only have you let many players get away with 1 shotting bosses...(I know many players in game that used the exploit and had no action taken against them...) So now all you do is ignore the problems you failed to not let happen and only punish the players who basically had nothing to do with it...

This game is dead. They had one chance to save it. A FULL WIPE. They didnt. GG. Fail company. Enjoy being hit with all the class action law suits which are bound to come.
Post edited by manduchess on

Comments

• Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    take this as a lesson for the future.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    lol and for what exactly are you going to sue over? Read the tos genius.

And as someone who has put her money where her mouth is, I don't want a full wipe.

If you think the sky is falling then leave, as for me I'll continue to support this game and enjoy myself while doing so!!
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I would have lost my guild and I doubt most of those 20 players would not have come back with a wipe.But I am absolutely shocked they did not wipe. It is like throwing the carpet over some dog mess pretending it is not there,but you can still smell it.
  • Options
    manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Samanthya enjoy your dead game! They ruined the economy and stole your money. I hope you enjoy it!

Also the grounds for legal action is based on the fact the sold something they told us had one worth, but it really had none. Just look at what happened to Microsoft for their xbox points...They got sued and it went through...because they were selling something that was supposed to have a value it did not...

So once again. Enjoy the class action law suits. I have already seen some people filing them and posting them on reddit and other sites...
  • Options
    lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    If they are not wiping they have to punish anyone involved by hand. Im also spaming em with reports on players that have ill gotten cats and bragging about still having their exploited ADs. If they dont wipe, their workload will be just that much higher and you rly can't trust many players anymore and youre always thinking uh this guy might have gotten rich by bug. Actually I don't even care if they are rich or what stuff they got, but I dont want to play with people like that. Imo those are potential scammers and screwovers too.

Im having less fun in the game right now. This exploit made we aware how many people there are who would use stuff like that to gain advantages over us and me too. And your own progress just feels so dull if you can see people getting the same over night and youre wondering what you did all these days since release. Actually then the above wasn't really true. Im caring what stuff they got, if they got it through exploit and so fast that It downsizes my advancement that much that I cant feel proud about it anymore.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »
    The I can not believe they did not wipe the servers.

....which would have killed the game.
    70% of players who cared enough to vote wnated a complete wipe

You are aware that forums don't represent the average player, right? The people on forums tend to be the most motivated/extreme, positive or negative. So these polls that everyone's always so hyped about, the "will of the people"..... really don't mean a whole lot.

/shrug
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_m5x59rl3BC1qf44ulo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So because you think that players who actually vote and care about the game dont matter. Then it makes sense to ruin your game and ignore the issue you let happen? Wake up...
  • Options
    lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a dead game my instance queues were faster then ever! :)
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The I can not believe they did not wipe the servers. 70% of players who cared enough to vote wnated a complete wipe.

Most of those were 4chan alts, voting for the lulz. :p
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe.

I voted for a full wipe on one of the polls you mentioned.

But I knew a full wipe wasn't coming.

They are weighing the possible bad effects of trying to fix this mess -vs- the definite bad effects of a full wipe.

If they wipe a large % of the population that would have to restart simply wouldn't. The very next day after a wipe they would look at their numbers and see a significant population drop.

If they don't wipe they may or may not see numbers go down over time for this or possibly other reasons.

Which is safer and covers the butt of the decider more?
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crybaby.gif
    Nuff Said?

Pretty much. ;)
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    If they wipe a large % of the population that would have to restart simply wouldn't. The very next day after a wipe they would look at their numbers and see a significant population drop.

Which would have been a trophy for shills everywhere. ;)
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The I can not believe they did not wipe the servers. 70% of players who cared enough to vote wnated a complete wipe. So what do you do? Ignore the problem and make your game fail. Hey PWE, WAKE THE **** UP! You just ruined your game and made it worthless. Good job you fails. Pay attention to the players that care about your game and put money into it. How can you be so blind?! There were two different posts on your forums with voting polls that had your player base asking for a wipe....How do you not realize this?!

Secondly, this AH exploit has been out since day one. So not only have you let many players get away with 1 shotting bosses...(I know many players in game that used the exploit and had no action taken against them...) So now all you do is ignore the problems you failed to not let happen and only punish the players who basically had nothing to do with it...

This game is dead. They had one chance to save it. A FULL WIPE. They didnt. GG. Fail company. Enjoy being hit with all the class action law suits which are bound to come.

Don't leave mad. Just leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    garblebeastgarblebeast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No what he is saying is that the "forums" do NOT represent the community as a whole. So because there are some users who come here and vote on some random poll, they should listen???? LMAO....that is like the few leading the many. What happened was unfortunate, but that is why this is BETA, issues will arise and bugs will be found. In the long run, it will be for the better and make the game more solid. I for one, am glad no wipe occurred, and I'm quite okay with the rollback decision.
    AKA Nikobug :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I for one, am glad no wipe occurred, and I'm quite okay with the rollback decision.

I made a Thank You thread for this.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lethizor wrote: »
    For a dead game my instance queues were faster then ever! :)

Because most have left and most played dps so yeah, the queues will be faster.
  • Options
    terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just cant do what some people want there thinking about all there players not all would have liked a wipe this the best they can do for now i guess
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The poll has just over 1k votes for a wipe, do you think that is 70% of players? as i can assure you it isn't if it is then the games already dead haha. I don't care what they do, wipe don't wipe i will continue to play.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So because you think that players who actually vote and care about the game dont matter. Then it makes sense to ruin your game and ignore the issue you let happen? Wake up...

They don't matter more than the views of the vast majority of the players that never even look at the board, much less vote on polls presented on it. The opinion of that vast majority is unknown, making the poll pretty much irrelevant, as the result of it can't be assumed to apply to the majority of players.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    There are only three Neverwinter options for us all.

1]To play.

2]Not to play.

3]Talk about it on the forums.

This post was sponsored by Captain Obvious.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    The poll has just over 1k votes for a wipe, do you think that is 70% of players? as i can assure you it isn't if it is then the games already dead haha. I don't care what they do, wipe don't wipe i will continue to play.

Apparently you cant read...over 3k people voted on the 2 polls on their own forums. Not to mention they let so many exploiters get away with it in this game. Honestly everyone should have been exploiting since day 1, cause PWE doesnt do anything about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Apparently you cant read...over 3k people voted on the 2 polls on their own forums. Not to mention they let so many exploiters get away with it in this game. Honestly everyone should have been exploiting since day 1, cause PWE doesnt do anything about it.
    There is no practical difference between 1,000 and 3,000 votes.

Neither represent a major percentage of the player base.
  • Options
    edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The I can not believe they did not wipe the servers. 70% of players who cared enough to vote wnated a complete wipe. So what do you do? Ignore the problem and make your game fail. .

No, 70% of the FORUM users voted for a wipe, which is probably about 10% of the total game population.
    Do you not understand only a minority of the population uses the forum
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, 70% of the FORUM users voted for a wipe, which is probably about 10% of the total game population.
    Do you not understand on a minority of the population uses the forum
    I highly doubt that those that post on the forum make up 10% of the total game population. They likely don't even make up anywhere close to 1% of the total game population.
  • Options
    bitharne86bitharne86 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No what he is saying is that the "forums" do NOT represent the community as a whole. So because there are some users who come here and vote on some random poll, they should listen???? LMAO....that is like the few leading the many. What happened was unfortunate, but that is why this is BETA, issues will arise and bugs will be found. In the long run, it will be for the better and make the game more solid. I for one, am glad no wipe occurred, and I'm quite okay with the rollback decision.

The problem is, this isn't a beta. It's a release with the beta label so that this situation that just happened (and the last 3 or 4 major ones) can be brushed off with "this is beta" standard response.

That said, you're completely backwards on using this argument. Beta is used to find and fix bugs for the release of the game so they do not negatively impact it. The issue here is that this bug has negatively impacted the game for all time for ALL players. The economy is trounced, there are billions if not trillions of astral diamonds floating around that were spawned from nothing: that means the 10 hours of work you need to get XYZ epic thing will take longer, much longer perhaps, because inflation has far outstripped the actual economy scale.

This is like US vs Australia: Australia's minimum wage is double the US's...but guess what? They pay twice as much for everything. The current state is similar to having someone work in the US and live/pay for services in Australia...only (from everything we've seen/heard) much worse. Even if they purge the excess AD, there are thousands if not millions of Cats floating around in the game economy and other such AD analogs.

I really don't see them "fixing" the economy with just ban's (72 hours for ruining the economy better be a PR slip) and culling some of the funds. But what do you do with people who made millions by putting up stuff on the AH for insane prices when people were cleaning the AH out "for luls?" Again, there is SO much money in the game that they got bored and just bought EVERYTHING in AH for the hell of it, including vendor trash for 99mill AD.

I've already decided to forgo investing more time/money into NW based on the stance of "no wipes no matter what" policy PWE/Cryptic have taken. They are abusing the label of Beta for the game: they want all the benefits and none of the responsibility. Plenty of people have been crying that they don't want to be punished (wipe) by the actions of a few (exploiters)...well, sorry to break it to you; you already have been punished.

Leaving the game as is without DRASTIC actions (culling AD on all characters down to X value, deleting ALL AD items in overabundance, or a full wipe) means that not only do they lose players now in people like me and many founders that have spoken up, but you will lose more people down the road when they log in to play as new customers and realize that they can refine 24k AD a day, but a basic piece of gear costs a few million AD...wth? They would have to rework ALL the sources of in-game AD generating tools, or remove them: why bother farming tens of thousands of diamonds a day when you can sell an item for a million? It invalidates a core game mechanic and alienates players. On the flip side it might increase sales in that people have to spend real money (more of it infact as AD is inflated out the wazoo) to get items instead of bothering with getting it in game?

I was really starting to dig this game A TON. But there is no point to me if it is relegated to D3 on D&D universe: play AH in order to get gear cuz farming for it in game is non-viable.
  • Options
    medievalmissmedievalmiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the record, the AH was NOT cleaned out. I had quite a few items on there, and only one of them showed up as sold when I logged in this morning. So, I can tell you with confidence that I did not make lots of AD on selling vendor trash during this exploit. If extrapolated, that would mean that others did not, either, as I doubt the exploiters only failed to buy my items.
    ri80me.jpg
  • Options
    clonzoneclonzone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    ....which would have killed the game.

You are aware that forums don't represent the average player, right? The people on forums tend to be the most motivated/extreme, positive or negative. So these polls that everyone's always so hyped about, the "will of the people"..... really don't mean a whole lot.

/shrug

You do realize how public opinion works, correct?