test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If a new shard was created .....

deemorgan01deemorgan01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would you reroll on that one since it would be like a wipe of the economy ?

i think I would myself .. becuase the fact this AD exploit an a few others have been going on longer than 7 HOURS lol and thats all we get kinda ticks me off ..

It would also be nice to see some statistics of which servers had the most exploiters on it so we could atleast reroll to the lesser of the 3 :D .. I know they have stated in the past no wipes or new shards but the exploit is kinda serious.. o well just some thoughts
Post edited by deemorgan01 on

Comments

• Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can I ***** slap you across the internet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd definitely reroll...broken economy = game is dead
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why would this even make sense?

Then my guild will just switch shards, be farming t2 by day 2 and set the Ah prices for what we want on the t2/cn gear.

So yeah, make a new shard and see if you enjoy the economy there, I for one will be laughing to the AH.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Id do it! As long as i got all my zen and founders items back :D
  • Options
    gjack6014gjack6014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All shards are planned to be combined into one. Why would they create a smaller shard off the single super-shard?
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    no because i used zen and AD on the current shard to get bags and items. so now i need to spend more zen to re-get bags? no thanks. just wipe me and refund instead if that's the route you want to go
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    lazybrahlazybrah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a new economy doesn't equate to fixed economy. How dafuq do u economics?
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not, because they intend to merge the shards.
  • Options
    korttiapinakorttiapina Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new shard would only be a temporary solution since they're planning to mix all the shards. So no, I probably would not re-roll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HEYS GUYS LETS MAKE A NEW SHARD WHERE ALL THE FOUNDERS CAN GO WITH THEIR MILLIONS OF AD AND RUIN THE ECONOMY THERE AS WELL, OH AND DONT FORGET TO BRING THE CHINAMEN FARMERS THAT SELL AD CHEAPER THAN IT IS BUYING ZEN! aderpaderp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enzomatrixenzomatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget that zens shared for all shards. So exploiters will just convert their AD to zen and start on new shard. Its not solution at all.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lazybrah wrote: »
    Having a new economy doesn't equate to fixed economy. How dafuq do u economics?

it'll remove all the exploited AD from the broker exploit and items/AD from the GF exploit which people used to manipulate prices, so yes it does fix it somewhat, how dafuq can't you realize?
    HEYS GUYS LETS MAKE A NEW SHARD WHERE ALL THE FOUNDERS CAN GO WITH THEIR MILLIONS OF AD AND RUIN THE ECONOMY THERE AS WELL, OH AND DONT FORGET TO BRING THE CHINAMEN FARMERS THAT SELL AD CHEAPER THAN IT IS BUYING ZEN! aderpaderp

Yo bro you're missing some common sense in that post, if there was a new server it would have obvious restrictions of no transfers, comprendre? Founder AD wouldn't have made as big of an impact compared to everything else that's happened.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »

Then my guild will just switch shards, be farming t2 by day 2 and set the Ah prices for what we want on the t2/cn gear.

So yeah, make a new shard and see if you enjoy the economy there, I for one will be laughing to the AH.

WoW whata <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> .. glad you and your guild are soooo good .. im sure your guildmates like 420snipeyoass and bball247 are happy with the garbage AH prices now to huh .. I was just curious since alot of people are mad cause its only 7 hours rollback ...
  • Options
    malady7malady7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This really would not help the situation in the long run, given they are planning on merging all the shards into one some time after release. Taken from the FAQ:

Why will Neverwinter have multiple shards when Cryptic's other games run on a single shard?

Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind. For example, we are requiring guild names to be unique across all shards, so that when we do merge the shards nobody will have to change their guild name due to a naming conflict.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    it'll remove all the exploited AD from the broker exploit and items/AD from the GF exploit which people used to manipulate prices, so yes it does fix it somewhat, how dafuq can't you realize?
    You're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Having a new economy means the first to rush dungeons gets to monopolize the economy.
    And if you change shards with non-rerolled characters it means they can transfer their items along, having massive monopoly until we get a huge amount of players at level 60, and that will take considerately much longer then the other shards. By then, the exploits will just kick in again, and the economy will never have a chance to stabilize until the exploits gets fixed.
    Haven't colonisation in your history book taught you anything?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »

Yo bro you're missing some common sense in that post, if there was a new server it would have obvious restrictions of no transfers, comprendre? Founder AD wouldn't have made as big of an impact compared to everything else that's happened.

hey bro, you should L2Read and L2Research. Have your new shard with no transfers... at the end of the day ALL SHARDS will merge into a mega server...

Let me know when you get back from lalaland kthxbai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WoW whata <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> .. glad you and your guild are soooo good .. im sure your guildmates like 420snipeyoass and bball247 are happy with the garbage AH prices now to huh .. I was just curious since alot of people are mad cause its only 7 hours rollback ...
    But he raised a valid point, no matter what your complaint is.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The assumption being that the new shard would be separate from the merged shards.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not I. The AD/AH exploit really didn't effect me so I see no reason for me to move servers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    The assumption being that the new shard would be separate from the merged shards.
    Are we reading in the same language all the posts from the Community Manager and their tweeter?

NO WIPE, NO NEW SERVER / SHARD.

Why? why do you keep doing this WHY!!!!

WHY

toilet-paper.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lazybrah wrote: »
    You're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Having a new economy means the first to rush dungeons gets to monopolize the economy.
    And if you change shards with non-rerolled characters it means they can transfer their items along, having massive monopoly until we get a huge amount of players at level 60, and that will take considerately much longer then the other shards. By then, the exploits will just kick in again, and the economy will never have a chance to stabilize until the exploits gets fixed.
    Haven't colonisation in your history book taught you anything?

I don't know if it's just me but people can't seem to read simple English anymore. Doesn't that apply to any game? Everyone rushes for end game content, some to monopolize the economy there's no way of avoiding that. A new fresh shard would be restricted to new characters which I thought would be obvious. Exploits won't just "kick in again" since the GF and Broker exploit has been fixed, whether we find exploits past this point who knows, but yo, common sense bro.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »

sounds a lot like you have already been exploiting :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yea ol maxipad is just being a ****** ... everytime he posts its always to flame people ... I just wanted to see some opinions if they decided to make a new shard .. I honestly wish they would just wipe it clean .. admit some mistakes and try again .. 7 hours just doesnt seem right when most of the community knew about exploits going on
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    can I ***** slap you across the internet?

seems like your pretty negative about it. Might it be your sitting ona bunch of exploited AD perhaps
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yea ol maxipad is just being a ****** ... everytime he posts its always to flame people ... I just wanted to see some opinions if they decided to make a new shard .. I honestly wish they would just wipe it clean .. admit some mistakes and try again .. 7 hours just doesnt seem right when most of the community knew about exploits going on

You should read my previous posts in this thread, then slowly back away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a new shard that isn't merged with the others when they do it, does fix the economy (for those on the new shard) how some of you can even spell economics is mind baffling and a wonder those fingers work with the lack of signals being sent to them from the brain.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Between 5:30 AM and 12:30 PM I was sleeping, I have absolutely nothing to lose in this "rollback" I do however have a TONS of time invested into my crafting and character.

Bye snub!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You should read my previous posts in this thread, then slowly back away.

I did :D saying you gonna ***** slap me thru the internet .. that added alot to this convo huh maxipad ??? oo and the other post when you spoke in all caps ??? I think you need to go take some more pics of you in water with your shirt on so noone sees your bologna nipps :D
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    sounds a lot like you have already been exploiting :)

No, I knew about none of the exploits when they were happening, im just good at MMOs and this happens to be a very easy one.

I solod Dracolich while my group maintained adds wearing a full set of t1 gear at the time as a TR.

Its amazing what you can do when you.. Learn 2 play.