test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seven hour rollback is a joke

pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How many people feel, as I do, that a seven hour rollback is a joke. I heard rumors of this exploit over a week ago and I suspect the exploiters got away with millions of AD days ago, not seven hours. This minimal rollback is an insult to the community of honest, rule abiding players but it dose appear that is all we are going to get.
Post edited by pahnye on

Comments

• Options
    ziron2000ziron2000 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they are trying to compensate for both sides people who want a wipe AND people who don't...but yes I agree it is only a minor fix to the broken economy.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @ OP

QQ nub
  • Options
    fuzzybottoms1fuzzybottoms1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree this is a complete joke. The only way this would make any sense is if they PERMA BAN all those who exploited pirates/GF/CW/AH...straight perma ban them AND ALL THEIR MULES. Thats the only way this makes any sense. Otherwise there was no reason to do a 15 hour maitenence. May as well just leave all the exploits cuz why does it matter.
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just shows that PWE has been & will continue to be a joke of a company. At least the game uninstalls quick enough.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    How many people feel, as I do, that a seven hour rollback is a joke. I heard rumors of this exploit over a week ago and I suspect the exploiters got away with millions of AD days ago, not seven hours. This minimal rollback is an insult to the community of honest, rule abiding players but it dose appear that is all we are going to get.

Absolutely, this is not the type of game I want to play, nor will I. Dishonesty seems to be the trend in todays mmos. It all comes down to the dollar for these guys.
  • Options
    cazic1cazic1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to hire a skilled economist
  • Options
    varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Roughly 20 hours ago I remember checking out the Zen/AD exchange shop, which surprised me cause it was around 300-400 AD per zen (was keeping track for when I wanted to buy some) and was shocked to see them instantly being bought out. So this has indeed been happening a lot longer than the 7 hour period. All I can think of is a couple of noobs decided to go crazy and just full blown exploit it to the point the economy was based on Cats
  • Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I even asked for a new shard. NADA.

7 hours.........really?
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback is for show just like the few token bans they handed out. They aren't meant to actually fix anything, they are meant to show the inexperienced MMO player that Cryptic is doing something. I say inexperienced, because more experienced MMO players have seen this repeated too many times.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yep 7 hours is a joke for something that has been happening for well near the beginning.. I am staying as I love this game, but no longer will support it with my real money.. not that they care about my money anyways :P
  • Options
    ajcorbajcorb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry i have been reading the whinning for ages now and finally had enough. DONT forget this is BETA, not a released game. we are here to test the game. not to treat it like a finial product. guessing you never done beta testing before.
    get over it.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It was my understanding that the exploits started Friday night (of course, it had been happening since day 1 of open beta by a select few individuals, however I'm talking about when the exploit became public knowledge) but if they know that the majority of the exploits took place Sunday morning, I guess a 7 hour rollback is all that is needed.

My only concern is that they didn't roll the servers back far enough, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I can't see the game logs myself, and have no way to know for sure when the exploits began en masse.

In any case, Kudos to the devs for actually rolling back the servers, despite complaints from the community. The loss of roughly 24 hours (by the time the servers come back up tomorrow) is nothing compared to the damage that might have been done to the in-game economy if they hadn't done the rollback.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ajcorb wrote: »
    sorry i have been reading the whinning for ages now and finally had enough. DONT forget this is BETA, not a released game. we are here to test the game. not to treat it like a finial product. guessing you never done beta testing before.
    get over it.

You lose the right to claim "it's BETA" when you open up the cash shop.
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    boo hoo, stop crying about it. A lot of MMORPGs have had roll-backs at various points for various reasons, it IS open BETA and so it shouldn't be a surprise that roll-backs may happen. If you want to play a finished game, play something that ISN'T labeled BETA.
    antonn13 wrote: »
    You lose the right to claim "it's BETA" when you open up the cash shop.

Because cash shops don't need testing too.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    get over it.
    it is a soft launch
  • Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get over it.

I beg to differ with you. This became a launch and not a beta the minute they said "no more wipes".
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rumors are exactly that, rumors.

The only thing you can do is damage control to the point where things went completely bonkers, eliminate the perpetrators and continue investigating to see if you can revert any damage that may have occurred before the breaking point. I outlined this like 4 hours ago and apparently I wasn't far off the mark since what I posted is nigh verbatim of what Cryptic/PWE had in the works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get over it.

LOL

The problem is people with your attitude never stop saying the exact same thing, you just shift the excuse.

When it is agreed it is live, (perfect world already says it is), you will just be saying something like "oh that's the way mmos are", or "software is difficult you shouldn't expect this to work", all the while hoping that people accept excuses instead of quality product.

To be completely honest I can never tell if posts like yours are made by community managers trying to stifle discontent, or just wanna bes, either way they add little to any discussion.
  • Options
    exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This 7 hour rollback is nothing more than a PR move to make the idiots think that the devs are doing something to "fix" it. They could care less as long as people are kept under control and continue playing. Bring the servers back so I can go back to exploiting and making millions of AD and then sell it for USD. Kappa :cool:.
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe, no new shard = The game is dead!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because cash shops don't need testing too.
    So instead of testing it before opening up, you test it with other people's money. Great design philosophy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And for those of you who did not understand I am not crying because we got a seven hour rollback, I am crying because we needed a reset aka a complete wipe.
  • Options
    gladiuskinggladiusking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i m going to quit, if they dont wipe or open a new server and i know many people will do the same.
  • Options
    derigoderigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is funny how a similar event happened with diablo and people cried for rollback. Now people cry the other way. Point being, people will not be happy no matter what you do. At least they are giving us a gift for our time. Hopefully that includes a decent +exp for multiple hours and some diamonds to compensate.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    And for those of you who did not understand I am not crying because we got a seven hour rollback, I am crying because we needed a reset aka a complete wipe.

!!!! i agree with you, we do need a complete reset...
  • Options
    mastaccollimastaccolli Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get over it.

Well, to use your argument, it is a Beta (wink wink). OFTEN a beta test has a wipe, so the argument you put forth is a flawed as you are. A seven hour wipe for a bug that was reported to them in closed beta, happened to them in STO and was easy enough to see WEEKS ago by looking at the AH is a joke.
  • Options
    oluviel245oluviel245 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent about 9 hours grinding today and I logged on when the exploit "started" so all my hard work is down the drain, and unless I see some worthwhile "compensation" items I'm not investing more money or time into a game that's going to waste my time. It's a fun game, but you've lost me (someone who actually spends money for zen) for the time being. You should've done your jobs from the start. This stopped being beta the moment you took our cash.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm betting the rollback is primarily to handle massive astral-diamond "laundering" into zen and/or items.
    Prior to that was most likely simple exploitation which can easily be tracked and corrected.
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    yep 7 hours is a joke for something that has been happening for well near the beginning.. I am staying as I love this game, but no longer will support it with my real money.. not that they care about my money anyways :P

^this and I expect that no one will trust them again to spend a single cent, which believe me it will hurt em alot!
    AH is out of the question for selling anything of real value.

When more than 60% of the player base at forums asks for a wipe and you're not delivering, don't expect them to spend money on you even if they 're not quitting.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have to get some sleep now, maybe by tomorrow night when I get home from work they will have done something meaningful. see you all then. Love