What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seven hour rollback is a joke

Comments

• Options
    veighcoh1981veighcoh1981 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wanna stick it to the bad guys here? Don't buy ANYTHING from the AH! Earn it... Done.
  • Options
    cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am never spending money on this game again... 7 hour roll back is terrible...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    r3tinar3tina Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are imbeciles, they already banned every account DIRECTLY associated with the exploit. However there were some accounts who benefited but did not participate DIRECTLY (i.e. post a negative bid but traded gold for a cat). In this respect anyone who used their main accounts are PERMANENTLY BANNED, if you don't believe me go look up a few exploits sites (I will not post them here) and see them QQ'ing about being banned on their main accounts because they were dumb enough to exploit.

The rollback is for the latter, the people who did not directly participate in the exploit or came late to the party but still got there in time for the free food. These people aren't being banned but they ARE losing every piece of gear they acquired from the people who did exploit directly.

I, for one, did not exploit and did not benefit. This does not affect me at all. I am extremely happy with this solution and I know many of my friends are as well. We are all working professionals and we all decided to take this last week off of work to enjoy a game we've been waiting for. If there was a wipe then all those hours we had requested off of work would have been for nothing. The economy is broken from the 1-shot bug still back in the day, yes I realize that. However, when Tier 3.5-4 items are released that will fix itself without too much issue. And many of those accounts who were stockpiling diamonds were banned as well. There are still a few who slipped between the cracks, yes, but in the grand scheme of things they won't really impact the economy once a new expansion comes out. The only thing that will is if another exploit comes out, which I fervently hope it does not.

Yes, the programming which allowed for the 1 shot bug and the AH exploit to occur was sloppy. Yes I realize humans have mob mentality and want blood. You're not going to get it because at the end of the day, sans the exploits and bugs, this game is very well made. I did wish this stayed in closed beta longer to remove more bugs and polish the game more, but they had deadlines to meet. You people all have to realize that a lot of this isn't the programmers fault, but upper management for rushing the programmers to line their pockets. There is no programmer out there who wants to see his work disgrace his name in the way this has, this was a major screw up and will go on the record of said programmer (Even though he probably brought it to their attention but they ignored him because they were more concerned with money than quality). He won't be fired but trust me when I say that politics will eventually eat him up if there is another common denominator on another screw up (The common denominator being said programmer).

Anyway, I feel like **** since just came down with a severe cold. Time to pass out.
  • Options
    bloodpoolzbloodpoolz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol this wont effect anyone really. Myself and wife were watching all the zen being bought up saturday night around 8pm thats when we knew something was up. 7 hours of rollback pshhhh what ever. but hey least they tried.
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derigo wrote: »
    It is funny how a similar event happened with diablo and people cried for rollback. Now people cry the other way. Point being, people will not be happy no matter what you do. At least they are giving us a gift for our time. Hopefully that includes a decent +exp for multiple hours and some diamonds to compensate.

Diablo III's Gold dupe bug could have been completely solved by an 8-12 hour rollback because the bug was introduced in the 1.08 update. A rollback would have solved EVERYTHING.

Here, the bug has been going on much longer, a simple rollback won't fix it.

So you can peddle your "people are never satisfied" garbage elsewhere. Some of us are quite familiar with both cases.
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloodpoolz wrote: »
    Lol this wont effect anyone really. Myself and wife were watching all the zen being bought up saturday night around 8pm thats when we knew something was up. 7 hours of rollback pshhhh what ever. but hey least they tried.

To reiterate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtreaveiamtreave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback 7 hours, might cost the exploiters 100mil ad...when they bring servers up there mules will still have hundred of millions to screw the economy up again! GG You have done nothing cryptic, but make yourselves look like heroes to the inexperienced!
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Because cash shops don't need testing too.

Most people don't like testing things with real money, just so you know.
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    r3tina wrote: »
    You guys are imbeciles,

I am extremely happy with this solution and I know many of my friends are as well. We are all working professionals and we all decided to take this last week off of work to enjoy a game we've been waiting for.

Whaaaaat? lol
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i m going to quit, if they dont wipe or open a new server and i know many people will do the same.

They're not wiping.
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i AGREE THIS A JOKE
  • Options
    gladiuskinggladiusking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    r3tina wrote: »
    You guys are imbeciles, they already banned every account DIRECTLY associated with the exploit. However there were some accounts who benefited but did not participate DIRECTLY (i.e. post a negative bid but traded gold for a cat). In this respect anyone who used their main accounts are PERMANENTLY BANNED, if you don't believe me go look up a few exploits sites (I will not post them here) and see them QQ'ing about being banned on their main accounts because they were dumb enough to exploit.

The rollback is for the latter, the people who did not directly participate in the exploit or came late to the party but still got there in time for the free food. These people aren't being banned but they ARE losing every piece of gear they acquired from the people who did exploit directly.

I, for one, did not exploit and did not benefit. This does not affect me at all. I am extremely happy with this solution and I know many of my friends are as well. We are all working professionals and we all decided to take this last week off of work to enjoy a game we've been waiting for. If there was a wipe then all those hours we had requested off of work would have been for nothing. The economy is broken from the 1-shot bug still back in the day, yes I realize that. However, when Tier 3.5-4 items are released that will fix itself without too much issue. And many of those accounts who were stockpiling diamonds were banned as well. There are still a few who slipped between the cracks, yes, but in the grand scheme of things they won't really impact the economy once a new expansion comes out. The only thing that will is if another exploit comes out, which I fervently hope it does not.

Yes, the programming which allowed for the 1 shot bug and the AH exploit to occur was sloppy. Yes I realize humans have mob mentality and want blood. You're not going to get it because at the end of the day, sans the exploits and bugs, this game is very well made. I did wish this stayed in closed beta longer to remove more bugs and polish the game more, but they had deadlines to meet. You people all have to realize that a lot of this isn't the programmers fault, but upper management for rushing the programmers to line their pockets. There is no programmer out there who wants to see his work disgrace his name in the way this has, this was a major screw up and will go on the record of said programmer (Even though he probably brought it to their attention but they ignored him because they were more concerned with money than quality). He won't be fired but trust me when I say that politics will eventually eat him up if there is another common denominator on another screw up (The common denominator being said programmer).

Anyway, I feel like **** since just came down with a severe cold. Time to pass out.

1)They wont be able to ban everyone who abused this bug
    2)We cant just play and say "it does not affect me", the economy is broken and everybody is affected even after rollback
    3)Nobody hates the developer, Its a Beta. We know from other games that bugs will happen, it might be a design fail to have massive usage of ZEN in a Beta, but we need a rollback till the point the bug was made and in this case its from the beginning so we need a fullwipe.
  • Options
    morph2404morph2404 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering this exploit has been around a lot longer than seven hours, yeah it is a bit of a joke. But nothing we can do about it. *shrug*
  • Options
    roentsroents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    How many people feel, as I do, that a seven hour rollback is a joke. I heard rumors of this exploit over a week ago and I suspect the exploiters got away with millions of AD days ago, not seven hours. This minimal rollback is an insult to the community of honest, rule abiding players but it dose appear that is all we are going to get.

It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    jswinxiijswinxii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A long period of time, really. But they're also like us, they get tired too so let's just bear with them.
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they're saying 7 hours because they are admitting only to 7 hours that they failed. when they do a wipe then they admit to have failed from the beginning. which they did. Most Epic Fail in MMO history.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ybg wrote: »
    they're saying 7 hours because they are admitting only to 7 hours that they failed. when they do a wipe then they admit to have failed from the beginning. which they did. Most Epic Fail in MMO history.

Not even close to most Epic fail.
  • Options
    martyx68martyx68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this QQ topick :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    martyx68 wrote: »
    I love this QQ topick :D

Just shows your level of understanding. Of course using "QQ" at all does that.
  • Options
    odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    ajcorb wrote: »
    sorry i have been reading the whinning for ages now and finally had enough. DONT forget this is BETA, not a released game. we are here to test the game. not to treat it like a finial product. guessing you never done beta testing before.
    get over it.

You are stupid... A beta without a wipe at the end is still a release -.- use your brain!!!
    The word Beta is just a excuse for them...
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamtreave wrote: »
    ...when they bring servers up there mules will still have hundred of millions to screw the economy up again! GG You have done nothing cryptic, but make yourselves look like heroes to the inexperienced!

And the inventory/trading/item logs for those "mules" are going to be ignored by Cryptic, um, why exactly?
    Because they were used before the 5:20am rollback time?
    Yep -- impossible to track their logs and ban/reverse any item transactions on individual characters prior to rollback.
    Get a clue.
  • Options
    yaoming206yaoming206 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say roll back and zen would be perfect compensation
  • Options
    ybgybg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i say no wipe = game is dead
  • Options
    furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not wiping is the worst mistake they are doing.
  • Options
    superprometheussuperprometheus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yaoming206 wrote: »
    I would say roll back and zen would be perfect compensation

you are right only a complete rollback would help to many xploits ruinied the game. im gone till they wipe this **** there are so many f2p mmos i dont waste my time with this exploited game anymore.
  • Options
    zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This rollback is starting to look more like a Band-aid than a fix for this broken economy.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A Beta is a beta.

A PUBLIC BETA test to see WHATS WRONG WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME.

Now maybe you'd rather wait for a more "finished version" id rather play and test the current build while they make the changes, than HAVE NO GAME AT ALL.

You arent forced to play, so why are you crying? I bought zen to the tune of 180$, and im fine.

You don't like the game? Quit honestly noone cares, except yourself and you won't even be quitting. If you did quit you wouldnt bother to post it here.

I never posted ont he forums making a goodbye crybaby nubcake thread about "i quit" when I was done with a game. I just up and left.

Cya tomorrow with your **** gear still kids.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    A Beta is a beta.

A PUBLIC BETA test to see WHATS WRONG WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME.

Now maybe you'd rather wait for a more "finished version" id rather play and test the current build while they make the changes, than HAVE NO GAME AT ALL.

You arent forced to play, so why are you crying? I bought zen to the tune of 180$, and im fine.

You don't like the game? Quit honestly noone cares, except yourself and you won't even be quitting. If you did quit you wouldnt bother to post it here.

I never posted ont he forums making a goodbye crybaby nubcake thread about "i quit" when I was done with a game. I just up and left.

Cya tomorrow with your **** gear still kids.

Troll-O-Meter= 1.3/10
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajcorb wrote: »
    sorry i have been reading the whinning for ages now and finally had enough. DONT forget this is BETA, not a released game. we are here to test the game. not to treat it like a finial product. guessing you never done beta testing before.
    get over it.

Facepalm.

Having the tag "beta" doesn't make it a beta. It is a released game, with the beta tag still on it's name. The moment there are no more wipes, it becomes released. Even more if real money is already in the economy.
  • Options
    kylevoltkylevolt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look I've yet to even play this game, but has anyone here played a pay to play MMO? I remember 20 hours down time on star wars galaxy's, 2-3 days World of Warcraft ... both games I was paying a monthly subscription for. 7 hours is NOTHING! Calm your ***'s if it wasn't a game worth playing your wouldn't all be at each others throats for some minor maintenance.