test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Youtube Foundry Quests

Comments

• Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been getting a lot of praise, i will check it out =)
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't create this one, but I suggest playing Yes! The Kobold Dungeon... or something like that (don't remember the exact title). I found it kinda weird, especially with all that pork...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah! I played that, it was a lot of fun, and pretty funny haha. I just wasn't recording the play through. Grab the shortcode and I will add it to the list to revisit.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What are you doing hanging around here for? get to the youtube channels on the front page and check out the plays while the servers are down! Go.. do eeeit do eeeit now and subscribe!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    bandolinibandolini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi. Thanks for putting those playthroughs on YouTube, very interesting to hear your comments as you go through, and I am using some of your observations to improve my first foundry quest before I publish it. One question though. You mentioned in one video where you got killed, that you hoped the author had not set the mobs to respawn. I was not aware that we could set that, so can you tell me what parameter in the foundry I use to determine respawns of killed encounters please. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you want the mobs to respawn in say an encounter with 5 mobs what you do is set four mobs into the room where the player will go. Set the 5th mob into a room off to the side where the player can not get to. The mobs will then respawn since the encounter was not defeated.

I am not sure, but I am suspecting that this will also cause the player to gain less exp since they did not defeat the encounter.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    bandolinibandolini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a great tip, thanks, and also explains why, when I have used one of a set of a multiple encounter as an NPC that changes to an enemy after dialogue, that I was seeing them reappear seemingly randomly, because I had yet to kill the NPC/enemy. All these little details help make using the foundry easier, thanks for your reply! Would you say that if I am making a three map quest, with each being reasonably detailed, i.e. over 20 minutes per map, I should split each into a separate quest, so that it doesn't take so long for a player to finish? Personally I like involved, story driven quests, but I am sure a lot of people just want to complete a daily and move on.
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression that as long as you set the encounter to "Disappear= Never" it will keep respawning. now I don't know if your trick will make them spawn faster, but the other way is how you "let" them respawn. and if you don't want them to ever spawn again after the player has killed them set "Disappear= this component completed, or any other thing you want to male them stop spawning...like one Author I remember set it so once you broke an alter it 'stopped raising the Undead'"
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was thinking of recording my own. I have never uploaded anything to Youtube before but I feel some pride in something I done myself.

I would feel honoured though if someone else would give it a run though.

Code is in the signature.

Cheers,
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sure i will give it a go.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The three dials is complete and on page one, check back later for Tsumoro's point of view
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I just published The Thamus Blade Ch3: Memories. I highly suggest you play 2nd chapter though as you might be a little lost on what is going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will for sure! When I get through the list I will return to chapter two, I enjoyed the first chapter.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Co-op foundry play on the front page of awesome, check it out and your eyeballs will be amazed!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    updated the links on the front page, more videos for you to click the like, and subscribe buttons on! I am a generous button provider, go on, you know you want to.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey drake, Tsumoro's got my quest in his to do list, but I'll recommend it to you as well. Just updated it tonight, so far got rave reviews. If you guys plan to run it together I suggest Hard Mode.

Code and link in the sig.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    okay I added it to the list, maybe he and i will do another tandem play of this one.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tsumoro and I are in the process of doing: In The Streams of Inferno (NWS-DPT8BX3XE): at the moment, I have run out of Hard drive space on my SSD! So I am transfering the first half of the quest over to my external, and clearing the space up, then we'll begin recording again, long story short, I will have the video up in a few hours.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's done to a point I feel comfortable having you run it mate.

Quest: Any cave can lead to adventure
    Author: @Voltrono
    Short Code: NW-DQF4T7QYH
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay I will add it to the list!
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Besides my quest :P, I also suggest you to try:
    @Enderk03 - A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU
    @Stebss - The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    okay added to the list
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh one thing to note, please do not bring quests to my attention that take longer than ~40 minutes to run solo while reading the story. The reason for this is that recording in 1080, with all the sound and everything takes up a ton of hard drive space.

I record onto an SSD to avoid losing any quality on the videos so that you, the viewer, can enjoy it in it's full potential. I have about 220 gigs of unused SSD space.

Last night Tsumoro and I ran a quest and though it was super good, it took us about an hour and a half to complete. This made the video's raw footage about 345 gigs roughly. So at about half way through the quest we had to stop, and I had to transfer the first half to my spindal drive to make room to record the second half.

That's just my suggestion, it ended up taking us about 3 - 3 and a half hours to complete the quest because of the delays in recording.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In the streams of fire video now available, the HD version will be available when it is done processing. Please enjoy !
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're interested in trying something a bit non-linear with an exploration focus, then check mine out! Code's in my signature. :)
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sure I will give it a look, you can see on the front page I havea bunch to get through haha might be a bit of time before i get to it.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still looking for more youtubers to place on the front page. Have a quest you feel is complete and shouldn't take more than around 40 minutes for someone to complete when reading all the text? Feel free to give me your quest like this:

Quest Name of Epic Nature (short code)

So that i can easily add it to the to do list on the front page. Also check out the various videos on the front page for your balls of eyes.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gonna be doing more on the front page list tomorrow =) Been busy working on chapter 5
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fret not, this will continue as soon as I am done with version 2.0 of my quests =D / get bored of creation and need a break.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxlVlvjrm7I

In the meanwhile enjoy a trailer for Sigil.
    8IxArUQf.jpg