test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• neverwhere1000neverwhere1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i bet the 3000 post is going to be super epic
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the forum server is loading quicker now. Makes me wonder if they are not in fact brings servers back up soon. Or maybe its just that I have sat here for 5+hrs waiting for the server to come back up.

Forums are speeding up because there are less people hammering them now, its getting later and bed time. Monday is a workday and education day still LOL.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - here's the infamous plan!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM
  • drizztfan1drizztfan1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why all the ppl on the forums are attacking eachother. You should only be angry at the buttholes that hacked/duped all the rest of us are just real ppl trying to find something to do with our time.

...best statment in the last ... oh forever....
  • waylander007waylander007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smith83187 wrote: »
    The one topic in this thread i havent seen is will there be compensation for the continued downtime that has occured during this "outage"

Probably wont be any seeing as how theres no subscription option.
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    saperzaper wrote: »
    Since a bunch of exploiting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> got the server shut down all day, can you please get a exp potion or something to make up for the day lost?

Potion_of_Binding2.png
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why all the ppl on the forums are attacking eachother. You should only be angry at the buttholes that hacked/duped all the rest of us are just real ppl trying to find something to do with our time.

That would be like blaming the earth for the earthquake. Exploiters are a natural phenomenon, they have always been and they will always be. It is the responsibility of the developer to make earthquake proof games. And it's the responsibility of the forum poster to argue endlessly about it.
  • nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    this forum is full of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWu0wChlWjw
  • darkblazexdarkblazex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Gee, I could have gone straight SWTOR And had an entertaining evening but... Now I'm off to bed with hopes that the 'Shards' are back up by 9:00 PM MONDAY night.
  • kiwinoobnzkiwinoobnz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems this thread has 3 types of people:

Down time = Slay the devs (The people responsible for the exploits)
    Down time = Slay the exploiters (Normal players)
    Down time = A chance to have fun with pickles (People who enjoy this thread more than the actual game)
  • margrackmargrack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone post a pic of a pickle with a miniture umbrella sticking out the top?

Here you go, take me a while this piece of art :)

pumb.jpg
  • merkx71merkx71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A real question is anyone knows? Lets say they have to roll back to the start of the exploit. How many days ago did this exploit start? I have read it was active since closed beta.
  • zioralsazioralsa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one topic in this thread i havent seen is will there be compensation for the continued downtime that has occured during this "outage"

But it doesn't cost anything to play >.>
  • impishkatimpishkat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    Hello, posters, look at this thread, now back to me, now back to this thread, now back to me. Sadly, this thread isn't about me, but if you take offense to this post then it could be. Look down, back up, where are you? You're still on this thread, with me, the man you could be annoyed at. Look at your hand, what's this thread about again? Back to me, I know what it is, it's support tickets in need of resolution to log into that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are about Astral Diamonds. Anything is possible when you're reading a post written by me. I'm on a forum.

well said
    *golf clap*
    *rides away on horse*
  • overkill1981overkill1981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the forum server is loading quicker now. Makes me wonder if they are not in fact brings servers back up soon. Or maybe its just that I have sat here for 5+hrs waiting for the server to come back up.

nah its just sleep deprivation. is fun to read some o these quotes though to pass the time grrrrr so tired of refreshing ....................sleepy sleepy sleepy ;)
  • dividabletripoddividabletripod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so an economy reboot. Honestly losing my character(s) and all their progress is saddening, but I can live with that. What I want to know is whether or not the ZEN I've spent to this point will be refunded or not. If my RL money was literally thrown in the garbage they may have lost a player. I realize many must pay for the actions of a few sometimes, thats life. But, I can say with assurance that even if I continue to play, I won't be the only person who feels this way about the ZEN, and many of those people who did spend money will give up the game entirely! I'm a Founder, so I'm ALMOST locked in. But what about the thousands of others that aren't? They cant expect them to stick around after their money was thrown away. They better return the ZEN. Thats all I'm saying.

If Cryptic rollsback the game (or even if they DID character wipe), they better not make out with all of our money!
  • biggiehugebiggiehuge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: Our lead developer accidently deleted system 32 folder, please stay calm while we investigate this issue.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    bladen1234 wrote: »
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - here's the infamous plan!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM

That is some awful stuff right there.
  • verskaverska Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of these post seem to ignore the fact that A. They already stated that no data wipes will be made, you can spend money in the game anyway so no one who is making a game seriously would make a data-wipe after accepting real money in beta (Sorry I can't find a link to the offical post at this point). B. The game is in Open-Beta (word "beta" should already tell you enough) and by signing in to the beta you accept the terms they give you, you should take a look at those if you are really worried about your diamonds (for example, they deny all kind of exploiting and by playing you accept that term).

Also I don't think that a "major" rollback will be made in the transactions. It's fairly easy to filter all the biggest exploits, or even filter in all the users who have exploited and bann/remove the currency from those guys. Also you should be happy that these guys have made such cleaver system already, which allows 'em only to disable these critical features without closing the whole game.

So how I look at this, I'm more than pleased by the response rate from the team to all these issues we have had along the beta. Game is being updated almost weekly, and they fix these game blocking issues really fast (I'll tell ya a secret now, game devs are only humans like you all as well and they for some unknown reason need to get some sleep as well from time to time). Yes of course it's always a let-down, when you open the game and the servers are down, or a feature you'd like to use is unavailable, but this **** happens with every game (and Betas are held because these events are really effective tracking down these things) that is out there and you can't have that ideal situation when the game is fully tested and exploit/bug free. You'll hear everything you need to know about the stuff that happened after the situation is resolved.
  • slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No thats not the solution. You give a good example of how our valuation works. The problem is, if someone made 10B dollars doing nothing, while that 10B will have a short term affect on prices, if the hole is plugged, no lasting harm is done. Only if such a bleed of currency exists longterm does it have a long term affect. And that is if they do nothing to mop up the excess AD which isnt that hard to track down and do... its not like this isnt a digital world, or that there is some kind of digital bed ppl can stash their ill gotten goods. Ppl keep thinking "well they could have passed it off to so and so, yada yada.." youre thinking in terms of a non digital environment, once again. There are fingerprints all over every transaction that occured that flags the accounts of the ppl who initially made the money at the AH in enormous amounts. A much more reasonable approach would be to wipe AD transactions that clearly are beyond anything even remotely related to AH prices. The fact is, outside of Cash shop items and a few pages of end game uber rares, the rest of teh AH was pretty GD unaffected. You still had hundreds of pages of junk on sale for 5 AD, mid level dungeon drop blues for 50k selling jnust fine to anothe rmid level player who made his 50k AD invoking and selling things on the AH... etc.

Its like suddenly you can't stand the idea that you had to work for something a little harder than someone else, and that one person might have 1 remaining AD that they didn't "earn" according to your definition, so in order for you to not feel invalidated, you have to see everyone put back at the starting line.

Thats a little bit insanely overreaching and overreactive.

Not really overreaching. The AD bug has been known since day 1. That's a given.
    Tell me this then. How could ANYONE say they are selling stuff for millions of AD. The game has been 'live' for about 3 weeks. Assuming you started with 2.2M AD, and refined another 500K, and even TRADED $100.00 of real money for 3.5M AD (assuming you spent $300.00 real money), how could you possibly HAVE more than 6M AD? Don't say 'zen trading' is making you millions, cause it's not. The ONLY way you got AD is selling to a duper. AND THAT is what ruined the economy.. That's what needs to be dealt with by using extreme prejudice. If they COULD roll back every 'fake' AD transaction from day 1, I can assure you, NO-ONE would have 5M AD in their accounts. NO-ONE would be selling stuff for 10M AD, because there would be no legitimate players who could ever pay that much.
  • neverwhere1000neverwhere1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my sister was bitten by a llama once
  • fonduemanviiifonduemanviii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OBVIOUSLY
    picklepirate.jpg

THAT PICKLE HAS AN OLIVE PEG LEG :o

Also I've been playing for a few weeks and the game seems great to me. People need to take a chill pill and relax, Servers are down for a while while they are figuring out what the best solution to players exploiting a bug is. The game is in Beta, bugs happen, that's why Beta's exist. I don't know why people are getting so high and mighty about Cryptic and PW being asshats who don't care about the players and want all teh monies.

Best way to make money in a F2P game is to make it enjoyable so people play it more. I'm sure they realise that. So less QQ more Pirate Pickles Please :cool:
  • merlinamtmerlinamt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.

Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!

Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!

Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.

Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

Your temporary has lasted all day and your 2 hour estimated down time has lasted 10 hours so far. I have only 1 day a week off and work 1`2 hour shifts the other 6 I'm wondering why I spent $200 for a founders pack on a game you can't play because it's down more than it's up. How about cutting thru the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and telling us the truth about when to expect the shard to be up instead of posting a bunch of lies
  • surfyxsurfyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, cross eyed mosquitoes and bow-legged ants: i stand before you to stand behind you to adress you, not to undress you. the next thursday which is good friday there is a mothers day meeting for fathers only. admission is free so pay at the door, grab a chair and sit on the floor. im here to tell you something i know nothing about. one fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight. back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot one another. the deaf policeman headed to to the noise and came to arrest those two dead boys. if you dont believe this lie is true, then ask the blind man, he saw it too!
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    margrack wrote: »
    Here you go, take me a while this piece of art :)

pumb.jpg

OMG perfect!
  • natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013

Compensation? During a beta? Are you kidding? Be happy we have been playing as much....
  • battyfxxkbattyfxxk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    Hello, posters, look at this thread, now back to me, now back to this thread, now back to me. Sadly, this thread isn't about me, but if you take offense to this post then it could be. Look down, back up, where are you? You're still on this thread, with me, the man you could be annoyed at. Look at your hand, what's this thread about again? Back to me, I know what it is, it's support tickets in need of resolution to log into that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are about Astral Diamonds. Anything is possible when you're reading a post written by me. I'm on a forum.

***my best Monty Python voice***...you're a looney!
    Silverhand
  • dividabletripoddividabletripod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so an economy reboot. Honestly losing my character(s) and all their progress is saddening, but I can live with that. What I want to know is whether or not the ZEN I've spent to this point will be refunded or not. If my RL money was literally thrown in the garbage they may have lost a player. I realize many must pay for the actions of a few sometimes, thats life. But, I can say with assurance that even if I continue to play, I won't be the only person who feels this way about the ZEN, and many of those people who did spend money will give up the game entirely! I'm a Founder, so I'm ALMOST locked in. But what about the thousands of others that aren't? They cant expect them to stick around after their money was thrown away. They better return the ZEN. Thats all I'm saying.

If Cryptic rollsback the game (or even if they DID character wipe), they better not make out with all of our money!