test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe or I quit...

2»

Comments

• Options
    zaknafiend87zaknafiend87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hadn't logged in since early Saturday morning, So when i logged in and saw the shards are down for maintenance....i was bummed. Came here to find that a series of AH exploits and exploiters are to blame for the shutdown. I can understand how most people would want a wipe after the bug is fixed to clear out all those with MASS ad. But as for me, someone who didn't cheat, didnt even know it was going on, and have reported minor bugs like glitch outs or missing quest paths etc etc a wipe would not be ok with me. I worked on my character and im not even 60 yet, but still.......having to relevel a charcter is WAY more different than choosing to. It wouldn't be fun, i might not get gear back (I know, rather irrelevant at not 60, but i like my gear) I would lose all the thing that ive gotten out of Nightmare boxes, which i paid to get keys for..... I mean PWE is in a tough spot. I can see all sides and understand why for both. But for players who have paid in anyway (Founders, which I have 59.99) keys (20 bucks worth) and havent cheated..... a wipe would be a huge discouragement to want to play again, cause i'd just be waiting for the next exploit and wipe. I would definitely never spend money on in-game items, id solely play for free, if i played at all. I love the game. Have always wanted a good forgotten realms online game, and minus the hiccups caused by bugs and this major exploit problem, this is a rather great game. Which is why i had no problems paying for the founders pack and some keys and when i had extra money i mighta bought a mount or some other vanity item, because thats how they paid the developers,programmers, etc etc So i didn't mind supporting this game. Which is why i come around this circle to say again, a wipe would discourage any of us players who are just that, Players, to want to play this game again and make any one very wary of spending REAL money on items that are just gonna be lost due to wipes and resets.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Players = Customers

Don't forget that.

If this was a restaurant that served you tainted food you paid good money for would you go back again for more? You would you be telling the world so everyone knows to avoid the place too. That's how life works. People who have spent money only to have what they bought poisoned in the game have every reason to be disgruntled and alert other customers of their experiences or feelings about it. That's how things works in a free market society (capitalism). This isn't China. We don't just have to take whatever we get and be silent and suffer.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    grizzdel wrote: »
    The devs can track who exploited, ban them and do what they can to repair some of the damage. And like a previous poster mentioned, the economy will right itself relatively soon once these exploits are fixed.

The problem with this is that you expect people to now trust PWE to fix all the game thrashing exploits that they have systematically ignored & allowed since closed beta.

The saying goes... Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
  • Options
    blodvaerdblodvaerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see why there needs to be a wipe. Just take down the Auction House, the Diamond Merchants and the Zen Shop for a month or so. Perma-ban the IP addresses of the exploiters (this way they have to play from a different computer, not just a different account); Block their IP from even access PW webpages and other games as well.

Then press criminal charges for the theft of services.
    Ezreq "Bluddwolf" Blodvaerd
    Master The UnNamed Company
    http://unnamedcompany.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    You are such a..Not going to say it. The people who dont want the wipe are the exploiters. Fix the problem, ban the people caught breaking the rules and start over from day 1.
    YOU are the cheater here. You and people like you who have probably moved all you Zen in the form of keys and other items that you have moved from the exploiter accounts to mules.

And in true fashion you try to blame those of us who want a honest start, and a honest game, the cheaters.

How dare you. You have just insulted my integrity and every other honest player that have grown attached to the game and don't want to lose their characters.

A wipe will create a completely new set of problems that will be much more difficult to recover from than the current state. I am certain that for every person that would leave if no wipe occurs, many more will leave if a wipe occurs. Most of the people don't even know about the exploits and believe that the economy is fine and would rage about how they lost their character. How can someone trust a company that has constantly said no wipes will occur and they do it any way? Cryptic needs to use a Sniper Rifle to fix the problems and not a nuke.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    How dare you. You have just insulted my integrity and every other honest player that have grown attached to the game and don't want to lose their characters.

A wipe will create a completely new set of problems that will be much more difficult to recover from than the current state. I am certain that for every person that would leave if no wipe occurs, many more will leave if a wipe occurs. Most of the people don't even know about the exploits and believe that the economy is fine and would rage about how they lost their character. How can someone trust a company that has constantly said no wipes will occur and they do it any way? Cryptic needs to use a Sniper Rifle to fix the problems and not a nuke.

That's right, you tell that dumb exploiter. He's just mad cuz he knows the money he spent will be wasted now that he's probably going to be banned for exploiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    You are such a..Not going to say it. The people who dont want the wipe are the exploiters. Fix the problem, ban the people caught breaking the rules and start over from day 1.
    YOU are the cheater here. You and people like you who have probably moved all you Zen in the form of keys and other items that you have moved from the exploiter accounts to mules.

And in true fashion you try to blame those of us who want a honest start, and a honest game, the cheaters.

Let me go ahead and stop you here...I don't want a wipe at all, and I didn't exploit or cheat, so you might want to think before making a mass classification like that.

So get as mad as you want at the people who did, but don't be stupid enough to say "If you don't want a wipe you are a cheater"
  • Options
    blodvaerdblodvaerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

Agreed... I couldn't care less about the auction house, zen store or even the diamond store. Take them all out of the game as far as I'm concerned. What I don't want is to have to play through 35 levels of content on the same character all over again.
    Ezreq "Bluddwolf" Blodvaerd
    Master The UnNamed Company
    http://unnamedcompany.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't wipe and they won't catch even 10% of those that exploit. Let your wallet do the talking like me and request a refund.
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    broddr wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 60% of 2k votes want a full wipe...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 71% of 900 votes want a full wipe

I know most of the posts will be "goodbye" and "see yea" and "can I have your stuff?"

But seriously... I know this is babyish but... either a full wipe or a 72 hour roll-back and im gone, reading posts of "this exploit has been out since day 1 and ive reported and tickets gotten lost" is getting annoying that nothing has been done. I have spent money on PW in the past, and on this game, but for there to be nothing to come of this. I'll have to bow-out. Good day all.

*Edit* if the game truly is "Beta" that I can spend money on and there's no wipes, then its not beta... stop calling it for not fixing the game in closed beta... call it for what it is, a launch. There will be tweaks and fixes after the game is launched, you don't have to call it beta to patch your game.

Girl don't go away mad, girl just go away.
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    blodvaerd wrote: »
    I don't see why there needs to be a wipe. Just take down the Auction House, the Diamond Merchants and the Zen Shop for a month or so. Perma-ban the IP addresses of the exploiters (this way they have to play from a different computer, not just a different account); Block their IP from even access PW webpages and other games as well.

Then press criminal charges for the theft of services.

Oh is that all?

What a well thought out plan...

Punish the existing community for a month, then ban an IP that could easily go through a proxy or if their DHCP lease expires at their ISP and they get a new one...

As far as the whole report for theft, that would wind up costing them more money in the long run with no results while painting a target on their back by hacking groups...

Please know what you are talking about before you reply to a thread...
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

inb4 defensive not-mad commentary.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    corwn1corwn1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why whine about wanting wipe when playing on a level 20 character >_>

edit: game is not finished, you have to expect buggs etc.
  • Options
    diswraithdiswraith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a level 60 and a level 37 and am in full support of a wipe.
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    inb4 defensive not-mad commentary.

Hold me?

........adding characters to be able to post ......
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Looky here, it's just the way the cookie tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a 60 and a 25 and I'm not okay with a full wipe until there's at least two other bad ideas to choose from.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else.
    I hope everyone who can read this understands what that says. NO CHARACTER WIPE ^_^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else.
    I hope everyone who can read this understands what that says. NO CHARACTER WIPE ^_^

You're as cold as ice.
  • Options
    guruchazguruchaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem now with wiping the servers is that those who already spent money on the Founder's Packs and anything costing Zen would be totally screwed out of their items and money...unless they keep a record of everything each player purchased and also restore that.

You can't open the Zen shop and then just wipe out everything people bought.

Wipe the accounts of the cheaters/exploiters. Otherwise, just go play RIFT on June 12th.