test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe or I quit...

broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 60% of 2k votes want a full wipe...
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 71% of 900 votes want a full wipe

I know most of the posts will be "goodbye" and "see yea" and "can I have your stuff?"

But seriously... I know this is babyish but... either a full wipe or a 72 hour roll-back and im gone, reading posts of "this exploit has been out since day 1 and ive reported and tickets gotten lost" is getting annoying that nothing has been done. I have spent money on PW in the past, and on this game, but for there to be nothing to come of this. I'll have to bow-out. Good day all.

*Edit* if the game truly is "Beta" that I can spend money on and there's no wipes, then its not beta... stop calling it for not fixing the game in closed beta... call it for what it is, a launch. There will be tweaks and fixes after the game is launched, you don't have to call it beta to patch your game.
Post edited by broddr on

Comments

• Options
    broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And yes, I also know im a "nobody" to the community i've done nothing special but stream my cleric. So can leave that out too lol
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Well honestly, the exploit existed since launch - beta - and is pretty much why zen prices have been stagnant since launch. could you mail all your crafting stuff to me before you quit?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just leave. It's clear people whining for a wipe are most likely exploiters, because a wipe will only keep them at par with all the players who didn't cheat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Threats of quiting won't help as there are some in the other position of if you wipe they leave. Fact is there is no winning solution for pwe anymore.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I quit threads are against the Rules.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take care, good luck, hope you find a game you enjoy. However sadly I must report to you if you are going to ragequit over bugs or exploits you best stick to single player games. Skyrim is enjoyable. Peace.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Grumpy-cat-meme-end-of-the-world-meme-lol-lulz-cats-funny-pictures-blog_thumb.jpg
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    sappho225sappho225 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can i please has your stuffs
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Broddr is "Mortified Penguin" then I doubt he sploits. I am against any wipe though.
  • Options
    jerryskid103jerryskid103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Can I has your stuffs?
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And nothing of value was lost.
  • Options
    oblongshipoblongship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    broddr wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262762-The-current-situation-what-would-want-them-to-do 60% of 2k votes want a full wipe...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks 71% of 900 votes want a full wipe

I know most of the posts will be "goodbye" and "see yea" and "can I have your stuff?"

But seriously... I know this is babyish but... either a full wipe or a 72 hour roll-back and im gone, reading posts of "this exploit has been out since day 1 and ive reported and tickets gotten lost" is getting annoying that nothing has been done. I have spent money on PW in the past, and on this game, but for there to be nothing to come of this. I'll have to bow-out. Good day all.

*Edit* if the game truly is "Beta" that I can spend money on and there's no wipes, then its not beta... stop calling it for not fixing the game in closed beta... call it for what it is, a launch. There will be tweaks and fixes after the game is launched, you don't have to call it beta to patch your game.

Better start packing your bags because a wipe isn't happening.

So bye bye now!

If you think that is harsh, I really don't care...I hate HATE HATE players who come on here and give ultimatums...They are a cancer to games...DO WHAT I SAY OR I QUIT...instead of working with the devs to make the game better you threaten them to cave or you will stomp your feet and leave.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least stay and see what they do before leaving. If they don't do a good enough job that a full wipe would've done then do what all the other players that want to enjoy a non exploited game, leave. Let the players that want to play a broken game with a ****ed up economy stay and play. They won't miss us and we won't have to experience more exploits and a half-assed cleanup job. But lets hope for the best, so far their track record ain't that good with the 1 shot boss exploit but they can suprise us.
  • Options
    cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well honestly, the exploit existed since launch - beta - and is pretty much why zen prices have been stagnant since launch.

Funny I just only seen this today for the first time and been playing since start of open beta.

But if I were you and I had been an early "tester" and had known about such an exploit, I would not be so quick to admit that here knowing that you sat by as a "tester" and never brought it to there attention ;)
  • Options
    cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double lag post
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I has your stuffs?

Share please?
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've said repeatedly that there will be no character wipes. So, see ya!
  • Options
    kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    This just in, less than 10% of the actual game community has ever touched these forums or read those polls.

This also just in, nobody cares if you quit. Really. Anyone who's seen what exploits do to games know that wiping would just hurt the game drastically. Also at the same time, the effects of not wiping will diminish over a few weeks.
  • Options
    kife1100kife1100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes because a survey from people who are extremely bias is a accurate description for the the majority of players want right?
  • Options
    vengie2k5vengie2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /wave CC seeya have fun what u decided to do
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Just leave. It's clear people whining for a wipe are most likely exploiters, because a wipe will only keep them at par with all the players who didn't cheat.
    You are such a..Not going to say it. The people who dont want the wipe are the exploiters. Fix the problem, ban the people caught breaking the rules and start over from day 1.
    YOU are the cheater here. You and people like you who have probably moved all you Zen in the form of keys and other items that you have moved from the exploiter accounts to mules.

And in true fashion you try to blame those of us who want a honest start, and a honest game, the cheaters.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cujo669 wrote: »
    Funny I just only seen this today for the first time and been playing since start of open beta.

But if I were you and I had been an early "tester" and had known about such an exploit, I would not be so quick to admit that here knowing that you sat by as a "tester" and never brought it to there attention ;)

I've seen a couple of "exploit auctions" since head start and even before the open beta start. I just thought it was a graphical bug or something so I didn't bother with it. Now I know for a fact that it was an exploit so yeah, it's been going on since the head start, just not in the magnitude we saw the last few days, and it wasn't as publicly known ofc.
  • Options
    amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Those are not official polls and there are more then 2000 players so those polls mean squat. As for your threat to quit that just means that much less crying we have to deal with.
  • Options
    criptoniccriptonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quit Then No one is stopping you,Just leave already it seems that you have a tantrum of some sort ,just because there's no wipe how ridiculous is that!! "Go Already Get Lost in some other game"
  • Options
    deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Seems to me like people put way to much into this. You can't just go ahead and do a rollback anyway, afterall people have spent real money on this game - there's REAL currency in the game currency. They should rather ban the people exploiting permanently. I support the suggestions that they make most dungeon items BoP.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Are you kidding me? Are you freaking kidding me lol? you DO realize that the forums hold MAYBE just MAYBE a wopping .1% of the WHOLE game community.

Leave then, the games better off without people whining all the time.
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    27800967.jpg
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    webecoollwebecooll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oblongship wrote: »
    Better start packing your bags because a wipe isn't happening.

So bye bye now!

If you think that is harsh, I really don't care...I hate HATE HATE players who come on here and give ultimatums...They are a cancer to games...DO WHAT I SAY OR I QUIT...instead of working with the devs to make the game better you threaten them to cave or you will stomp your feet and leave.

I don't think you understand how a cancer works. . . you get points for the melodrama though :D
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The devs can track who exploited, ban them and do what they can to repair some of the damage. And like a previous poster mentioned, the economy will right itself relatively soon once these exploits are fixed.