test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should the consolation prize be?

erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Games have problems that cause extended downtime all the time, but the difference between a good experience and a bad experience is the consolation prize. After the servers are back up you want your players to say, "I may not have liked the downtime but I am glad it happened because I got...." The question is, what do we put in the blank? Personally, I would like to see every account given free Zen (except for those that are getting banned of course). DDO and LOTRO did this a few months ago when they had some extended downtime. Other possibilities would be giving people gold or astral diamonds (though due to the cause of the downtime we don't really need any more astral diamonds in the world), experience boost, crafting experience boost, or something else.

What do you think the consolation prize should be?
Post edited by erethizon1 on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A fair and balanced economy?

Or a new fresh server to start on?
  • rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1) A cat mount for everyone!
    2) Actually renaming AD to cats, and devaluate it so 10000 AD = one cat. Having to pay too many cats for somethng would be silly.
    3) Cat based vanity item, like cat ears.
    4) Make the nest top tier boss based on nyancat.
    5) Rename sunday to caturday in game in memory of today.
    6) Title for all current accounts: "Cat-astrophe Survivor"
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double exp/drop rate would make leveling back up easier and quicker!
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Giving anything to the community would set a "bad" precedent for PW, considering how many more mega issues (if you believe all the reddit feeds out there) that are remaining.

My best guess, they bring up the servers with whatever the outcome, lay it on thick with the "We're so very sorry" and are done with it. No bonus, no gift, no event.
    edited May 2013
    There is no levelling back up. They won't wipe. And I believe it's extremely unlikely they'll roll back the entire shard. They'll do "individual" transaction rollbacks most likely + bans.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like a 24 hour server wide rollback as compensation... and a pickle wearing a sombrero as a companion... but only if can shoot flowery laser beams out of his eyes that turn enemies into Christmas shaped sugar cookies... with sprinkles.

(First part I am actually serious about even though I know it ain't happening)
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wings... wings please I would pay 5000 zen for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ham sandwiches.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was going to go with Cap'n Knuckles suggestion and say TWO PEICES OF CANDY!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Free cats for everyone.
  • blahblableeeblahblableee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Realistically, either another few days of double AD gains(though I don't really like this considering the stuff that just went down, I don't know though depends on their action plan for the problem), two hour dungeon delve times for a day or give everyone like a new blue/purple character bound mount/companion only for this downtime. Basically something that feels good to players but isn't going to be too impactful on economy that could still be in a bad place after whatever their plan is.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A complete wipe would be a nice consolation prize.
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    1) A cat mount for everyone!
    2) Actually renaming AD to cats, and devaluate it so 10000 AD = one cat. Having to pay too many cats for somethng would be silly.
    4) Make the nest top tier boss based on nyancat.
    5) Rename sunday to caturday in game in memory of today.

That would make no sense because there already is a Caturday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Caturday, Caturday just wouldn't work.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    500000 zen, 50000000 AD, all character spots opened on the server and a apology written in blood from the head of the Neverwinter design team.
  • disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    make respec INGAME and bags buyable with gold or astral's
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    I was going to go with Cap'n Knuckles suggestion and say TWO PEICES OF CANDY!

Cheers!

I would settle for this as well.
  • hazjaadhazjaad Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fairest thing I can think of?

Very small amount of Zen to all non-exploiting players. Say 500 or so. 500 buys you 2 character slots; it's one of the cheapest purchases in the Zen store and, frankly, one of the silliest because two character slots is insanely prohibitive compared to all other MMO's out there - even other F2P's. It's the one thing I've actually considered purchasing Zen for at this point in time. And players who do not wish to purchase character slots with their 500 Zen have other options available - though I won't joke about converting them to AD at this time.
  • yellersumneryellersumner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »

I think I'd like this most.
    Or maybe a cat companion with an exclusive skin for those of us here for this.
    edited May 2013
    ceryk wrote: »
    That would make no sense because there already is a Caturday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Caturday, Caturday just wouldn't work.

Don't be silly, this is the forgotten realms! There is no caturday here. Until now.
    edited May 2013
    I voted for Zen Store Discount since it is really only the people who paid that are being affected. They should put STFU buttons on the Zen store and we should be able to send them to any account that has not spent a dime on the game and the effect of the button should be a 5 minute loading screen that says STFU.

"Burn and pillage!" <- the F2P players.
    edited May 2013
    I voted for Zen Store Discount since it is really only the people who paid that are being affected. They should put STFU buttons on the Zen store and we should be able to send them to any account that has not spent a dime on the game and the effect of the button should be a 5 minute loading screen that says STFU.

Can it be this loading screen? 1034.jpg
  • jerryskid103jerryskid103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    2 bits of string
  • breaditebreadite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kolbolds.

Just more Kolbolds

A city of them. With Kolbold merchants, and Kolbold fighters.

And A Kolbold player race and Kolbold warrior glass that throws Kolbold based items like glue and more Kolbolds

TL;DR Kolbold the hell outta it.
  • stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters and scumbags out of mmos would be a nice prize.

It's never gonna happen they always get their way. All i can say is I hope these cheaters and scumbags get rewarded with bad karma and they can't stop that now can they :)
  • nevvtnevvt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is in beta you don't get anything, be glad you get to play.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some Catnip
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some Catnip

How about kitty litter, and a pan to put it in!

XCheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    A fair and balanced economy?

Or a new fresh server to start on?

The first day I started I read somewhere that they were planning on combining all 3 shards into a single server at some point down the road so everyone could play together, but no idea if that is true or not.
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should ship everyone that still has an account this awesome T-shirt! Yeah, this pretty much settles it.

BKrn_nVCYAAX3sQ.jpg:large
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png