test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should the consolation prize be?

Comments

• revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wings... wings please I would pay 5000 zen for them.

Wow... I am going to make you wings, sir.
    houserin_signature.png
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    Shut down server for exploit that caused massive inflation.

Community demands free Zen/AD that will cause massive inflation.

Priceless.

Zen and AD are opposing currencies. Giving people one will increase the value of the other. While I agree that giving us astral diamonds would probably be bad (as I put in the original post) giving us zen would have the opposite effect. If more people have zen to sell on the exchange the price of it will go down and the price of astral diamonds will go up (which is exactly what we need).
  • kennie81kennie81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow u gonna be happy with the gift for how much 1 day or 2? lol game just got screwed for months now if not for good
  • madeformadnessmadeformadness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely NOTHING that they give us will make the situation any different. What with all the free level 60s running about (you know, those who exploited the foundry instead of having to level on an even footing with the rest of us) and the inflated AD prices, and the terrible value of the founder's packs (money would have been far better spent purely on zen) ...

Giving everyone in the game a free lollipop to shut them up doesn't help ANY of the previous grievances. Those are only the tip of the iceberg tbh, but since everyone who speaks sense on here gets attacked by fanboys i can only be bothered saying the following:

If you want some free zen to feel better, great, but here's my suggestion for what should be in the box:

A total server wipe.
  • primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Cats as a playable race.
  • guruchazguruchaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Silly people...the whole point is keeping a balance in the economy. Giving out monetary units isn't going to help any. Double the exp for a while.
  • lerakenglerakeng Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something else - they are calling it a 'robust' package so I would hope to see a variety of items:

1) Cat - yep everyone gets that cat
    2) Title - something to signify the event
    3) double AD for some time period on profession tasks and dailies
    4) a 20 slot bag
    5) 10-20 Identify Scrolls
    6) 3-6 Keys to open those friggin Nightmare boxes
    7) an extra row of slots in your personal bank

That to me would be robust!
  • lordgravebornlordgraveborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One per account gift box that contains: an elixir that doubles xp earned for 24 hours; 2 gift boxes that use the same tables as Invocation, without triggering the Invocation timer; 5 keys for lock boxes; 2 crafting gift boxes; 5 nightmare boxes; and some random coins and maybe some rough Astral Diamonds.

I think it is fair, doesn't go over the top, gives a chance at some good items, gives you a chance to catch the lost progression back faster, without breaking the economy.
  • lordgravebornlordgraveborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerakeng wrote: »
    Something else - they are calling it a 'robust' package so I would hope to see a variety of items:

1) Cat - yep everyone gets that cat
    2) Title - something to signify the event
    3) double AD for some time period on profession tasks and dailies
    4) a 20 slot bag
    5) 10-20 Identify Scrolls
    6) 3-6 Keys to open those friggin Nightmare boxes
    7) an extra row of slots in your personal bank

That to me would be robust!

or this, this sounds good too. I like the title idea, and the cat! :D
  • alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lump sum of astral diamonds or a double astral diamonds weekend would be rather ironic given the cause of this whole situation...
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gift pack should contain equippable pitchfork and torch items for the adorable angry forum mob. Maybe even bring over the STO "KHAAAAAAAAAN!" emote to express unbridled rage.

If we want to get even fancier, perhaps a whole new class, the "Reddit Wizard of Thay". They'll have a special illusion spell to alter their screenshots, at the expense of an extremely low INT score.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • realellandessrealellandess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    I would like them to take the real cash that many of us spent on the game, then use it to buy back all the AD from the gold sellers and delete the character, AD and all.
    Computer: Black, pretty lights || Overclock: Photo of kids. || Memory: Not what it used to be. || Storage: Garage and shed. || Video: No, moved to DVD. || Windows: 100% glass.
    Never understood why people put specs in a signature...
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 celestial coins
    A 12 slot bag
    1 respec token
  • dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Ascral cat for Astral cat for all hahaah
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cats, for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the Title Cat-astrophe Survivor. Or maybe "Patient" would be more useful.
    its a thank your pack so it will probably contain.
    1-4 random dyes (bound and specifically chosen to not fit your color scheme)
    a random number of bound Id scrolls, healing potions, portable alters,
    level 1 runestones, random crafting components..ect (a welcome pack)
    a random number of celestial coins 1-7

I don't want them to give ANY XP bonuses the fact they give XP
    on the once an hour chance roll is the BANE of people like me who
    try to get all the achievments. cause im constantly outleveling content.
    If they do give XP it should be done as a clickable token that can be
    used by clicking on it so I can make sure im not going to outlevel the
    skirmish/dungeon quests.
  • debikichidebikichi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free cats for everybody obviously!
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I post this on my own thread :)
    - It should have the 5 and 7 celestrial box. that way for those who "lost out/reset" during the downtime/rollback, they get one of each.

- There should be exp item boost. A ring or something (Bound to character) that will give bonus XP.

- scroll item for X time, increase the chance of epic/rare drop. (might be op, but time limited that increase the chance of rare rate by 100%. This will last for 30 minutes. (of course this may cause a mass influx of nightmare box opening but have a higher chance of getting something.

- Rough AD rewards

- starter mount (thus save 5 gold)

- Professional Booster pack (primerib41) (I like it)

- A free small bag (12 slot)

- A free respec (I personally believe that everyone should get one FREE. kinda like a taste, so if you want more, then shell out $6)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A catsuit
    The title: Cat-astrophic Failure Survivor
    and a daily lottery - where the winner decides which bug they green light a fix for, until they cant find anything to work on - should run for a year or 10 :D
  • theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No point making a poll, they have never concidered them and consolation "rewards" from this company are always worthless, typically an rng box or something negligible.
    It's amusing how cheap loyalty can be.

You might get that title, though..lol.
  • synchronicalsynchronical Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zen would be a good option as it would provide players the ability to choose their compensation; thus reducing the cases of players getting something they may not have us for because they have already reached level caps, are not interested in tradeskills, have maxed their inventory, run out of companion slots, etc.

A sum of Zen could function as an introduction to the Zen Market and allow players to expand their play in their own way.
  • lastmoatlastmoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote a new server
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point all I care about are the coins I deliberately got screwed out of. Or the equivalent, 7 coffers.
  • pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    1) A cat mount for everyone!
    2) Actually renaming AD to cats, and devaluate it so 10000 AD = one cat. Having to pay too many cats for somethng would be silly.
    3) Cat based vanity item, like cat ears.
    4) Make the nest top tier boss based on nyancat.
    5) Rename sunday to caturday in game in memory of today.
    6) Title for all current accounts: "Cat-astrophe Survivor"

At least the title HAS to be done, anyone who actually logged in that day understands we must have this title lmfao
  • pooshankpooshank Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and why are people asking for a new server?as far as I understood they will all eventually be merged into one right?
  • jefe4lifejefe4life Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prize should be just as this Poll is... a LIST OF ITEMS you get to choose from... pick 1 or pick 2... the choice should be ours.....
  • mythengewabamythengewaba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the Idea for a title! and also (someone already said it earlier) bags+respec for ingame currency those are the only two things I consider vital that are Zen only.
  • aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    1) A cat mount for everyone!
    2) Actually renaming AD to cats, and devaluate it so 10000 AD = one cat. Having to pay too many cats for somethng would be silly.
    3) Cat based vanity item, like cat ears.
    4) Make the nest top tier boss based on nyancat.
    5) Rename sunday to caturday in game in memory of today.
    6) Title for all current accounts: "Cat-astrophe Survivor"

Mind=Blown... I lul'd pretty hard at this.. +1 to lulz
  • aznp33nrocketaznp33nrocket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see most people say lump sum of Zen.. watch.. PW's idea of a lump sum of Zen will be 500.. because 500 if you look at how to get free zen, doing surveys and such, you can earn anywhere from 3-10 zen... so 500 is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of "Free Zen" so that'd get you 1/6th of an epic mount!
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    A catsuit
    The title: Cat-astrophic Failure Survivor
    and a daily lottery - where the winner decides which bug they green light a fix for, until they cant find anything to work on - should run for a year or 10 :D

I like the bug fix lotto- lol - I would start with AH and the level thing never working. That is the most important qualifier when looking for gear and it never works. HeHe =P
    BUT:
    There should be a party at moonstone and while there you get a gift costume and 4 pack dye as the gift. BUT also a super buff that lasts for up to 2 hrs after you leave the area. The party should last a week =)

~'"party'"~