test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.1.20130416a.26

1235»

Comments

• runaestridrunaestrid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know anything about when the servers get back online, it has been down for nearly 4 hours know, and I cannot find anywhere that it says that there should be a major update tonight, well I hope it gets fixed. :(
  • duraconduracon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree the game is more polished the most released these days but its no where near perfect. server stability issues are awful and some very minor character movement issues make for a stressful experiance I think overall the game is great but give them time to fix what they need so this is not just another great working title to fall short and end up with empty servers and soon after shut down.

Agreed, the server issues need to be taken care of as when this game opens it will be BIG and nothing will hurt it more than stability.
  • tearcginealtearcgineal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meniacle or whatever, get off your Effing powertrip and trying to sound so high and mighty. I wasnt being a cry baby, i was stating a huge issue inside the patch notes forum. Quit QQing and trolling and realize that it simply SHOULD be addressed. imagine if NW does this after the final release? NEVER telling their customers they shut down the server, and dont give even the SLIGHTEST amount of time its going to take? that would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off a LOT of people. Quit trolling :)
  • crossdivinecrossdivine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this y NW on maint today?
  • zenwinterzenwinter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone knows whats happening here ? server crashed ? when it get back ?
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so its unclear on what the maintenance is all about.... would of thought by now there would be some info on whats going.
  • forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zenwinter wrote: »
    anyone knows whats happening here ? server crashed ? when it get back ?

from what i understand there was a major exploit found and cryptic is fixing it right now.
  • nightwoenightwoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that the game is in beta, but my boyfriend and I only have so much time we can play, so it's pretty irritating when we make plans to play together and find the servers down without any notice at all. It's pretty poor practice to not even make a post after a crash declaring acknowledgment and an estimation of down time.
  • mordwrathmordwrath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree its Beta, servers go up and down. But when no admin or support keeps us updated, or even post for that matter. Not off to a very good start that's for sure. Doesn't make me want to run out and purchase the game.
  • bellgamebellgame Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree completely! Bad customer service from an easy solution isn't promising.
  • paulmakorpaulmakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been able to find out all the details myself, but 2 main issues are being addressed. One is an exploit in the Auction House (something about using negative numbers or something) and the other is some kind of hack that allows you to one shot bosses. Not sure if the last one is true but it's what I've heard people talking about in passing.
  • k1nsk1k1nsk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightwoe wrote: »
    I understand that the game is in beta, but my boyfriend and I only have so much time we can play, so it's pretty irritating when we make plans to play together and find the servers down without any notice at all. It's pretty poor practice to not even make a post after a crash declaring acknowledgment and an estimation of down time.

Hmm.. I know gaming is fun but if you try hard enough, I bet you could figure out another way to spend quality time... Now if it was your husband/wife, I would totally know where you are coming from, escapism and all : )

Oh I'm sorry back to the topic of this thread... you suck, no you suck, no they suck, blah, blah, going to quit, blah, demand, blah, doing their best, blaaah buh blah blah.....
  • idkk123idkk123 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    this is pwe after all lol
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well one thing to look at this all, hopefully they clear up some big issues & its taken care of.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm REALLY not surprised. Ever since PWE took over Cryptic, everything turned bad. PWE is like King Midas' evil twin. Everything they touch turns to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Seriously, the one thing I think PWE/Cryptic needs to take care of is their Customer Service. Problem is, it seems like PWE/Cryptic is in the mindset of "If it makes us lose money, change it to make us make more money" more than anything else. It seems to be all about money for PWE/Cryptic, and in a way that's understandable. PWE BOUGHT Cryptic so it can make money! Really, it's the biggest reason why companies buy other companies. Or why companies do ANYTHING.

Anyhow, the best way to stick it to PWE is to stop paying for their games all together. But, this doesn't work either, since PWE keeps Cryptic because it makes money. If PWE decides Cryptic is no longer an Asset, they might either sell, or even dissolve Cryptic and it's games all together. Kinda seems like we're screwed, huh?

Also, is there some sort of 'Help Wanted' and/or 'Apply for a Job' thing for Cryptic/PWE? If there's one thing they need, it's Moderators, it seems...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Quit your *****ing they have been posting all day. You just don't look in the right spot.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/
  • idkk123idkk123 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    ya know.. i dont think they hire anybody, i play on pwi and in the past 5 years i think ive only seen a GM twice lol
  • gooseisloosegooseisloose Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quit your *****ing they have been posting all day. You just don't look in the right spot.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/

Thanks for that reminder. When peeps are working under pressure (they are and do care), fastest is best. This site is lagging because everyone is here instead of playing.
  • raidbosssraidbosss Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    when the server uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?can I going to sleep)))?
  • murpalmurpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    same old exploits closing, nothing on improving the actual gameplay.

I didnt know Neverwinter is so perfect. The Dungeon finder is awesome. The AH is even better than WoW. All classes are balanced. All powers and feats are working so well.

Lets launch already!! The term "Open beta" is so insulting to neverwinter. The game is so ready.

I have been reading the forums about the downtime most of the day today, then I found this post and laughed so hard I had to wipe the soda I was drinking off the computer screen. TY for that:)
  • wardragon3wardragon3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You defiantly can Point out the funny ones thanks for bringing my attentions to this.... :)
  • nickuranusnickuranus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm to lazy to look to see if this was addressed, are we at least going to be able to keep those 24 hour or poof tokens?
  • kingwilliam93kingwilliam93 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is kind of irritating not knowing what is going on. I love the game keep it coming.
  • sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric
    • Addressed a rare case in which the At-Will powers in Divine Mode could become unslotted but couldn't be dragged back into the Power Tray.

This is still not fixed for me and several other Clerics. Contacting a GM in-game resulted in whoever attended my ticket not understanding what I meant, despite me elaborating on what the issue was as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately I couldn't follow up on that, as your support website throws me into a feedback loop error whenever I attempt to access the tickets section. I tried reaching my ticket page in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with no luck.

I have no doubt that the fix that went live two patches ago only prevents it from happening from now on, but the people that were unlucky to have spent money on a respec before the patch are stuck in this situation... unless they respec anew. That being said, we shouldn't be expected to pay for additional respecs just to fix a pretty glaring bug with our core class mechanics.

Here's a handy picture of what's happened to me and several other Clerics when using a respec:

ibfjqMqixA4w2y.png

Some, like me, had Punishing Light disappear, others had Soothing Light. Either way it's silly that it's been over a week and nothing has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.