What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.1.20130416a.26

Comments

• Options
    rudrick1082rudrick1082 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *and a mysterious developer in wizard robes came onto the platform infront of the mob of peasants bearing pitchforks and torches and said*

!Abra-ka-Update!

*and all the bugs were instantly fixed, all exploits corrected, everything everyone wanted (even the contradictory stuff) was done, the game was now perfect, and there was much rejoicing*

Yeah, right, they're fixing stuff as fast as they can, every other day or so, another fix to another issue.

Yes, someone has a bug or exploit or balance issue (balance will be last, generally, as fixing bugs and such come first) that probably isn't fixed NAOW, but man, cut them some slack and acknowledge that they -are- fixing stuff -constantly- and try to be patient.

To Devs: Thanks for the hard work, keep it up...oh, and can you fix <blank> while you're at it? I'm sure it's a bug, not a balance issue or something. ~_^

people forget its still beta!? not a finished game even when the beta gets lifted will still take time to polish it, if it happens at all. you try to please hundreds of thousands of people. impossible
  • Options
    spankolulspankolul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My cleric still doesn't have Soothing Light on the right click slot while in Divine Mode. I still can't drag it there. The fix did nothing.
  • Options
    elfranger1018elfranger1018 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after the update i have been disconnected from server a lot... and having the server not responding every minute or so... anyone else experiencing this???
  • Options
    odieumodieum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dogsisew wrote: »
    You can adjust the FOV in the config file. I changed mine to 80, and it is awesome.

X:\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata\GamePrefs.prefs Open it in wordpad and edit the FOV line.

Whoooaa..You good sir..rock! Ha, im actually giddy to find this out :o
  • Options
    tremeilletremeille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after the update i have been disconnected from server a lot... and having the server not responding every minute or so... anyone else experiencing this???

Me. I couldn't get past the "connecting to login server," so I figured it might be my internet so I exited the game and rebooted the router. Now I can't even connect to the launcher. This is so frustrating.
  • Options
    yenz3355yenz3355 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fk for this maintenance !!!!!!! i can't login now !!!!
  • Options
    malkavian888malkavian888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ping 2626. It's so sad. :(
  • Options
    kelventarkelventar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes look okay to me but then I've only been playing about a week or two.

In fact, the only real problem I can think of, off the top of my head, is the speed of leveling. Due to some issues that's kept me from logging in for extended periods of time, I've only been able to log in long enough to do the Invocation so I don't lose my Celestial Coins.

In doing so, I've gained nearly 2 levels just from the exp rewarded by my God. (I knew Corellon is I nice guy but I think he's being a bit too nice).

As of right now, for me, leveling is way, way too fast. When you can gain levels by not even playing, something needs to be tweaked.
  • Options
    lowthunderlowthunder Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having launcher issues here in SA that started around 7 am my time, which I think is around 10pm US.
  • Options
    maddo3maddo3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope the development team reads these reply's.
    Can you work on making blue/purple items in dungeons only need-able by classes that can use them. Getting sick of competing with 5 people for gear, rather than the 1 or 0 people I should be.
  • Options
    jagelejagele Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    same old exploits closing, nothing on improving the actual gameplay.

I didnt know Neverwinter is so perfect. The Dungeon finder is awesome. The AH is even better than WoW. All classes are balanced. All powers and feats are working so well.

Lets launch already!! The term "Open beta" is so insulting to neverwinter. The game is so ready.

FAIL !! The game is NOT ready for full access. That said, this is not a complaint in any form. This is a BETA system. Witness the daily patching going on. If you're not ready to let the devs do their work, then find another game. I rate this game very highly already and there's just more coming.

I'm fully ready to let them patch away and fix what's findable. Those who code for a living, or have coded for same, know the drill forrards an' back'ards.
  • Options
    sophismsophism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spankolul wrote: »
    My cleric still doesn't have Soothing Light on the right click slot while in Divine Mode. I still can't drag it there. The fix did nothing.

Yes, I'd definitely love this to be fixed, even though the bugged one for me is the incredibly situational Punishing Light. If the only way to fix this is to respec again, offering the people affected by this bug a free respec token is expected.
  • Options
    kemaulkemaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when are you guys ever going to address the uneven scale of the difficulty of dungeons? Some of the Tier 1 Dungeons are harder than the T2 and some of the T2 are impossible if you don't have a guardian. Which brings up another issue of the crappy group combinations when using the LFG for dungeons, 3 clerics and 2 CW's? seriously?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jagele wrote: »
    FAIL !! The game is NOT ready for full access.
    You must have missed the sarcasm, it was a bit subtle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malcontentmentmalcontentment Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTH is going on with the patching when going into dungeons and such. 4-5 minutes to patch files and frequent delays at 0 kb/sec ?

Can this one get addressed really quickly please?
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • Options
    merkedbythebestmerkedbythebest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I didnt know Neverwinter is so perfect. The Dungeon finder is awesome. The AH is even better than WoW. All classes are balanced. All powers and feats are working so well.

Lets launch already!! The term "Open beta" is so insulting to neverwinter. The game is so ready.

Before I say any of this, please realize that I do enjoy this game quite a bit and mean no offense to the developers. I fully understand that it's still in BETA.

Uhhhh... are we even playing the same game? I'll admit, it's a great game... and it takes alot of pointers from the other good MMOs on the market and deals the cards in it's own way. There are some fresh innovations, and it's overall heading in a good direction. But let me be perfectly clear when I say that it is nowhere near launch ready... unless you want another Skyrim on your hands. I'll go ahead and assume you were being sarcastic.

The Auction House is realllly messed up. The Item Level specifications for say, finding an item that ranges from 32-38, don't even function correctly. They manage to blot out everything above the latter variable, but anything below is still shown, ie. level 12's / level 18's etc. On top of that, when you do a search for runes or resources, random pieces of armor from your last search inquiry that weren't even in there end up showing. I've also noticed that when I buyout an item... the balance isn't promptly taken off stockpile... infact the item isn't even delievered instantly.

The Groupfinder is below expectations as well. I get more groups with three Rogues, Great Weapon User, and a Control wizard... with no healer. Or some other garbled mix that ends with the group scrapping after they wipe due to frustrations. On top of that, the roll system needs a tweak as well. I've had two instances where I win a roll amongst two or three rogues on a Blue drop from a boss.... and some guy who isn't even a rogue rolls and takes it. In my opinion there should be a cast of rolls where the class which the item pertains to goes first and locks out others, and if everyone passes on it, then there can be an open roll for the other classes. 95% of the people I play with don't seem to understand the true meaning of Need Vs. Greed.
  • Options
    therealemilymoontherealemilymoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you can get a refund for the purchase price
  • Options
    risefromhellrisefromhell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone tell me if he has the same problem plz... everytime im changing to a new map the patch takes to long and a message pops and says SERVER NOT RESPONDING and it takes like 10-15 min each time for the patch to finish.Ofc when the patch is done im getting kicked out of the game...
    Everytime when im porting somewhere it takes to long for the map to load but in new maps...omg to much time.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013

Off topic, but this is what I thought of
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    jbnijbni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck happened today? I was playing this morning without any problems, and I try to log in now and the launcher is downloading a 2.4 gig patch. (I have to leave Patch On Demand turned off - I have crappy internet.)

A buddy who also has on-demand disabled is also getting a massive 2.4G patch download this evening, though he hasn't played in a few days so can't be sure when it hit.

Anyone know what's going on with that?
  • Options
    sodadropzsodadropz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to fix the astral shield stacks for pvp, it isnt fair if they have two clerics using it and you cant even touch no one on their team. Stacks should be allowed in boss fights but in pvp they need to remove the stacks, its bull**** you cant enjoy a pvp match.
  • Options
    ltomltom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok really now tell me you got all these problems in your beta and all you care is about fixing the **** mobile phone auctioning? Really for god sake why dont you fix the random dungeon finder to always look for a healer a tank and three dps instead of putting you with any composition it likes for example? And what about the greater weapon masters? although i cant say for sure since im not end gamer yet but from all i have read in the forums he even has a new nickname greater nerfed weapon master really guys get serious this is a great game and i really like it but if dont take care of the major problems and look out only for the minor ones i dont think this game is gonna have a long life in the MMORPG's and thats a pity because as i said it is a terrific game with lots of potential and i dont wanna see it ending up like all these free MMO's that close their serves due to these mistakes please guys since you can do it DO IT :P
  • Options
    reysonaquosreysonaquos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you guys even know the process behind the patching of a game?

I know most of you are annoyed that major bugs are still present while minor bugs are being fix, I've been on over a hundred forums and finding likes of you just raging at the dev team to fix bugs YOU find annoying rather than look at a broader view.

I'm a programmer (though not in the gaming industry), so I know the process behind patching a programs that as more lines of codes than people on this planet. Some of these patch are big, others are small, some are immediate, others take years, and the reasons for that are very simple: that is stability of the system in general and the priority of the problem.

Although you think game breaking glitches and balance issues are at the highest priority, you are all wrong EXCEPT if the game as already been released as a completed product. This is an OPEN BETA, or if you can't understand what the term means, I'll simplify it for you guys, it's a "Public access to an uncompleted yet very playable version of a game still in development", which may involve the game having the following: bugs, glitches, balance issues, server problems, etc.

When it comes to patching a game, you have to take a good consideration about everything it is going to affect. I'm not talking about reducing a class strength by 1 for balance, that fix is easy on a well programmed engine, I'm talking about fixing a glitch in a map that, for example, makes you go through the map and fall forever (a common glitch in games). To fix that glitch, you need to find a solution that won't affect anything else, if it ever exists, as the problem might be everywhere, OR, what most people do, workarounds and hotfixes.

What I want to say is that they are putting a part of their team to patch minor issues quickly so that they won't be a problem anymore, while another part of the team is out there fixing or trying to find a solution to a greater issue. It's not just a guy, but a team that works on a problem, and if a problem drags on, it's for very good reason.

To put it in a way that would satisfy the rager or the hater in you, let me phrase it that way: the devs won't do anything that will make them lose customers, even if they are already rich or can afford the lost. EVER. Or else, they are bad devs and need to trashed. PWE is a good company that takes care of its game and will always fix problems for it's community, because this is how they make a good reputation and money.

Every problem will be solved in time, you raging, hating, complaining or whatever will not affect the development of new patches, if you want patches, post constructive comments and explain clearly where's the problem, how you got it in clear steps, etc. Balance and other stuff will come once everything as settle down OR if a part of the team is dispatched on balance, I do not know how their team works, so I cannot tell. If you don't want to be a polite and behave, or have simple moralities and respect, we don't need your comment. Beside, if the forums moderator can see your post, it will probably never reach the devs ears if you are just trashing, little hint for you, because I know you can be good if you put on the effort.

Please note that this message isn't sent for anyone in particular, it is a message from a programmer to all the people who can see how hard a dev team as to work to make YOU ungrateful people a nice free game to play in. If you feel that this comment is aimed at you, then I hope you understand a little bit more and will reflect on your behavior and stop trash talking nice people because you feel frustrated about bugs in a game in BETA
  • Options
    runaestridrunaestrid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is happening, I was playing this evening and now I cannot login, it is really crappy that the server just goes Down without any warning or what-so-ever. I hope it gets fixed at once it should not be patching right now. It is really annoying.:mad:
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yep. Definitely sucks when the server goes offline when your at the boss fight in the epic castle never.
  • Options
    tearcginealtearcgineal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the biggest issue i have currently is that there is never any heads up that servers are going down. Its horribly irritating when you're in the middle of a massive dungeon delve and all the sudden the servers go down for a few hours and then theres a patch you have to D/L after that. You guys should USE your dev tracker/patch notes thread and TELL us when youre taking down the servers. Thats just polite >:(
  • Options
    stewwixstewwix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any ETA on the downtime btw?
  • Options
    maniacal78maniacal78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OR.... they didn't know it was going to go down.. so they couldn't warn you.

I'm sure you pay a lot of money to play this game and should always have access, but... oh wait... scratch that, this one is free. Guess we won;t be seeing that complaint.

I know what you're going to say... "they need to come up with a way to warn us when they don;t know it's going to crash."

I'm sure that's coming.

I have no doubts the Devs are interested in appeasing all the cry babies who can't seem to understand that the game is a PROGRAM. Programs have bugs... everyone one of them... everywhere... without exception (Well, "Hello World" may be the only exception). Those PROGRAMS run on COMPUTERS (little machines of electricity) that are also prone to having problems and shutting down. If any of the people crying here had been alive in the 80's.. you would know what true bugs and crashes were all about. I think every one of you would have long since /wrists if you had to deal with the problems computers presented back then. I, for one, am impressed with what these things can do these days. I have no problem when they crash and go down for a few hours.

But, I know a secret. The Devs aren't just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with you. They aren't out to get you. I know in this self-serving, instant gratification society that we live in, that's hard to believe, but it's true. Relax, go back to wow for a little while. The BETA will be back up soon and then you can find new things to ***** and moan about.
    ^^
    READ THIS ^^

Yep. Beta. It's gonna happen more. My suggestion, accept or go the the MMO that never goes down, crashes, or patches..... when you find one.
    Yeah, the biggest issue i have currently is that there is never any heads up that servers are going down. Its horribly irritating when you're in the middle of a massive dungeon delve and all the sudden the servers go down for a few hours and then theres a patch you have to D/L after that. You guys should USE your dev tracker/patch notes thread and TELL us when youre taking down the servers. Thats just polite >:(
  • Options
    reysonaquosreysonaquos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maniacal78: Although I agree with your point (definitely), I have to say something.

You might not be able to prevent a server from shutting down, that's something that happens often and can be solve with a certain degree of ease as long as people stop whining about such a minor problem, but that's not really an issue.

What I have a problem with would be the lack of information given after given shutdown, it's not a major drawback, but it's a hassle. I downloaded the game today and I found out that the servers are down for some reason; ok, sure, but now I wanna know why. Turning out I didn't see any post from moderators saying anything about it, while it's their job to keep the community well informed when there is a problem.

It might have changed since the shutdown and a message might have been posted by the time I post this message, but I'm saying that even if you can't prevent something, you should at least keep people informed, even if it was because you made a mistake.

But I'm not complaining about the situation and I know the servers will be back soon if it wasn't a major crash down, which could happen, who knows, even server farms and server bunkers can be hacked or burn or whatever.
  • Options
    madnesmethodmadnesmethod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree the game is more polished the most released these days but its no where near perfect. server stability issues are awful and some very minor character movement issues make for a stressful experiance I think overall the game is great but give them time to fix what they need so this is not just another great working title to fall short and end up with empty servers and soon after shut down.
This discussion has been closed.