What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Read this and actually think for once

Comments

• Options
    kaputzikaputzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those that cba reading the wall of text that is the OP, let me translate into something more concise:

'Why are you guys qq'ing for a server wipe. Look, I can list a load of games that have/had exploits:

WoW
    WoW Clone 1
    WoW Clone 2
    WoW Clone 3
    WoW Clone 4

These games were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so why don't you just let this one be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too? Duh

Oh, and go die of cancer too'
  • Options
    superrioisksuperrioisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In no way am I saying I'm the only one who thinks like this. I'm claiming it is the better way of gaming rather than never being satisfied. I think most people these days who play mmos like to feel they are never satisfied. I feel bad for those people.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Did uh, well you know... anyone bring the cheese and tissues?
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    except, non of the examples you gave compare to the current situation.

must feel stupid when you go and write for 15 minutes only to realize non of it is relevant.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    OMG worst OP post eva! Go back to your cheerios & pepsi kid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaputzi wrote: »
    For those that cba reading the wall of text that is the OP, let me translate into something more concise:

Why are you guys qq'ing for a server wipe. Look, I can list a load of games that have/had exploits:

WoW
    WoW Clone 1
    WoW Clone 2
    WoW Clone 3
    WoW Clone 4

These games were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so why don't you just let this one be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too? Duh

Ultima Online and Everquest are Wow clones? DaoC was a WoW clone? You just made me lol irl.

Never said the games were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I actually had fun. Your definition of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> means they don't let you auto-drive through the game. Have fun with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't follow with what you are talking about. I'm mentioning the way of thinking you all have. It's more of a meta-analysis. If anything it's very relevant.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I Agree OP.

But you can see how the times change. The scrub WoW babies cant even complete T2 dungeons in this game, a joke at best.

Hell I did CN fulkl complete last week as a TR I solod the third and 4th boss while ym group handled adds.

Moral of the story is l2p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    I Agree OP.

But you can see how the times change. The scrub WoW babies cant even complete T2 dungeons in this game, a joke at best.

Hell I did CN fulkl complete last week as a TR I solod the third and 4th boss while ym group handled adds.

Moral of the story is l2p

L2P is a dying way of thinking. Sad stuff, aye?
  • Options
    supergp17supergp17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is proof that the only thing more annoying than complainers, are know-it-alls.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The point I'm making, which you evidently failed to grasp, is that you are listing various exploitative failings of other games to make allowances for failings in this one.

Think about your ridiculous argument for a second.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    supergp17 wrote: »
    OP is proof that the only thing more annoying than complainers, are know-it-alls.

Lol, so I make an analysis/opinion about you guys and you call me a know-it-all? Do scholars with PhD's call colleagues who spend months writing a paper or journal and form a hypothesis "know-it-alls"?
  • Options
    papabear27papabear27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is beta. Full wipe starts everyone off again on equal footing. I think the game has potential and it doesn't need the specter of an unbalanced economy at the start haunting its economy. I think more true gamers will respect that.
  • Options
    vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing could beat a friar 1v1. bad example ;p

and i knew plenty of skilled eldritches too.

like someone else said, server had more to do with it than anything. hibernia wasnt well accounted-for on all of them.

but yes, albion was always overpowered.
    (remember midgard shadowblades at launch too? omg that was some OP fun. going dual-wield and putting all the 2h nubs to shame. got nerfed fairly quickly though)

GOD I MISS PRE-EXPANSION DAOC

and going to that zone in the NE part of the first midgard zone...i forget the name...mountainous red volcanic area that would periodically switch to night time and you could barely see in front of you...with all the packs of giant skeletons...that was one of the coolest MMO experiences i ever had
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The point I'm making, which you evidently failed to grasp, is that you are listing various exploitative failings of other games to make allowances for failings in this one.

Think about your ridiculous argument for a second.

Never did I call these failings. I'm showing that exploits exists as a reality. Happens in real life all over the place. The problem in your entire argument is the red herring of entering the word "failings" into my argument.

L2Logic
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    nothing could beat a friar 1v1. bad example ;p

and i knew plenty of skilled eldritches too.

like someone else said, server had more to do with it than anything. hibernia wasnt well accounted-for on all of them.

but yes, albion was always overpowered.
    (remember midgard shadowblades at launch too? omg that was some OP fun. going dual-wield and putting all the 2h nubs to shame. got nerfed fairly quickly though)

The whole argument I am making is hibernia not being accounted for should encourage players to play hybernia for the challenge. Let the n00bs play the easy classes. It's sorta like letting them play the bad guy while you play the underdog hero. I think everyone wants to be the underdog hero, but games like DaoC and WoW (with the horde vs alliance) were ingenious in masking certain people in playing the bad guy. I mean, the horde was straight out the BAD GUY. It's hilarious!
  • Options
    vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that reasoning is actually WHY i switched from infiltrator to shadowblade, and then shadowblade to nightshade =p

and also why i pretentiously made a fury warrior in vanilla WoW named "Underdog" =o
  • Options
    supergp17supergp17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, so I make an analysis/opinion about you guys and you call me a know-it-all? Do scholars with PhD's call colleagues who spend months writing a paper or journal and form a hypothesis "know-it-alls"?

lol, wtf are you even talking about?

Go back and look at what you wrote at the beginning of the thread. You categorized ALL of the people who have issues with this game as people who are just a bunch of complaining idiots.

I don't like the fact that they have done nothing about the exploits and issues with this game, even though they have been reported since closed beta. So does that make me a complaining idiot? Apparently by your standards it does.

Like I side, you're a know-it-all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    By the way, if you want to make fun of me and throw ad hominems, I have an huge ant farm irl. I guess that can show how much of a fail I am.
  • Options
    funkmasterrickfunkmasterrick Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    A lot of things could be said about the general behavior of PWE and Cryptic in relation to this issue.

Honestly though, I completely approve of these shenanigans. There was an exploit, people were using it, reports were being filed, nothing was being done.

Somebody came up with a brilliant idea: cats.

It brought it to everyone's attention. Good, old-fashioned grey hat style.

That being said, I played UO. I've been playing DotA since 5.84c. These forums, like all game forums, are full of whiny children.

+1, OP
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best part about all of this is realizing that such a tiny percentage of the players playing any MMO actually use a forum and that most of those who do are witless complainers.

Video games, especially MMO's are a business. Their mini countires with crypto currencies. Even drug cartels launder their money through MMOs. So, yeah, there is never going to be a wipe with money involved.

Those crying for some kind of moral high-ground are crying on deaf ears.
  • Options
    funkmasterrickfunkmasterrick Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    draekus wrote: »
    Even drug cartels launder their money through MMOs.

Known fact. And an idea just occurred to me: with Zen being a pan-game currency among all PWE products, it makes a particularly great platform for just that sort of thing, doesn't it? =3

EDIT: Also, draekus, +1 for the avatar. I bet the kids don't even know.
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read the comments http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/ and then see if you still feel the same way OP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    supergp17 wrote: »
    lol, wtf are you even talking about?

Go back and look at what you wrote at the beginning of the thread. You categorized ALL of the people who have issues with this game as people who are just a bunch of complaining idiots.

I don't like the fact that they have done nothing about the exploits and issues with this game, even though they have been reported since closed beta. So does that make me a complaining idiot? Apparently by your standards it does.

Like I side, you're a know-it-all.

know it all
    Web definitions
    someone who thinks he knows everything and refuses to accept advice or information from others.
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I don't know everything. I'm just posting a rant/opinion from experiences I've had. If you want to make fun of me, call me a complainer of complainers. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Never did I call these failings. I'm showing that exploits exists as a reality. Happens in real life all over the place. The problem in your entire argument is the red herring of entering the word "failings" into my argument.

L2Logic

"That game was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when it came out and was WAY worse than this!"

Apologies, you are right. I have re-read your post and you don't use the word "failings". You do, however, use the words (some in caps) <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, unbalanced, exploits and others in describing other MMO's you have played.

As I said before, justifying the (insert a negative word here that you're happy with to describe a poor experience) here with that of other games and following up with 'get over it and move on' yet feel the need to write an essay on the subject of why we should 'get over it'.

Unfortunately I (perhaps unlike yourself) don't appreciate getting bummed either in real life or in a game and will always vie for fairness and an even playing field without justifying it with: 'oh well, it happens elsewhere so get over it'.
  • Options
    hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    First mistake: asking the WoW generation of gamers to think, be patient and not act like spoiled brats.
    Second mistake: *ponders* ..well there really isn't a second mistake, you have a good point. However it will fall on the ears of, as you pointed out, narcissists, who wouldn't be narcissists if they could admit they are maybe being a little stubborn in their mock outrage *maybe* and consider another line of thought. Seriously, what narcissist do YOU know who can admit to anything coming near them being wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Known fact. And an idea just occurred to me: with Zen being a pan-game currency among all PWE products, it makes a particularly great platform for just that sort of thing, doesn't it? =3

EDIT: Also, draekus, +1 for the avatar. I bet the kids don't even know.

Thanks, I kind of hope they don't. Vae Victus brother.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Read the comments http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/ and then see if you still feel the same way OP.

They took an exploit and made money off of it. It's not fair. It's against the rules. They made money out of it. I have no opinion of it because I play this game for problem solving, not making irl money. Life isn't fair. It sucks in real life, but when gaming isn't fair, I feel it sort of is the opposite. Lets me use a good part of my brain.
  • Options
    ludaka89ludaka89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is 3rd huge exploit in what, a week? C'mon, if they wipe us at every bug/exploit, we will never get past lvl 20 :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "That game was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when it came out and was WAY worse than this!"

Apologies, you are right. I have re-read your post and you don't use the word "failings". You do, however, use the words (some in caps) <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, unbalanced, exploits and others in describing other MMO's you have played.

As I said before, justifying the (insert a negative word here that you're happy with to describe a poor experience) here with that of other games and following up with 'get over it and move on' yet feel the need to write an essay on the subject of why we should 'get over it'.

Unfortunately I (perhaps unlike yourself) don't appreciate getting bummed either in real life or in a game and will always vie for fairness and an even playing field without justifying it with: 'oh well, it happens elsewhere so get over it'.

I do use it. I use it to say yeah, it seems unfair, it seems unbalanced, etc, but that's what makes games fun. I guess I threw out my opinion too much where it kinda strayed away from my argument in concern to FF14, but in the end the game is being redone. The reason I called it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was because you only got a certain amount of time to play each "role". Regardless of exploits/bugs, that game mechanic was kind of forcing players to immerse themselves in roles they don't want to. But hey, if that is fun for them, then koodos to them?