test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Read this and actually think for once

123457»

Comments

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played a LOT of mmos in my life in a casual and sometimes hardcore manner. This game has very fun mechanics and is enjoyable to play. Here are some points concerning the exploits in the game in comparison to other mmo situations.

your post is not only terribly inaccurate, most fo yoru points dont have any bearing no those games' economies.
    1) The famous "this game isn't balanced and exploits are everywhere": Don't roll back, don't wipe. I don't see how you guys feel these small problems break the game, conscious, or reality of you guys. There is absolutely no reason a video game economy should freak you guys out to the point of wanting a reset for insignificant problems. Here are some other mmo situations similar to this that will sooth you mind.

if a game does not also run on a cash shop and also provide a way to exchange the ill-gotten goods for real money via an legit in-game means you would have a point. however this one does, and you do not.
    a) Everquest 1: People were exploiting raid mobs come first release. This especially happened with Cazic Thule being slow and being able to be kited by 1 necromancer. Those necromancers made a LOT of money selling the gear. What happened? SOE didn't do anything. Do you know why? Because it is a GAME MECHANIC. And you know what the appeal to the game was? That classes were UNBALANCED for that very reason. The players saw the gear was worthless and people progressing to better gear just bought the cheap Cazic Thule gear to get better gear. This was a natural balancing to the gear progression. You guys feel that everything needs to be fair and all classes need to be the same in order for the game to be fun. I'll get to that point later.

eq1 never really had much of an economy. it had trade between players, but it had no auction house. not for many, many years. gear also didnt bind to you and had no level restriction for the longest time meaning a level 1 could have all of the best gear - with the drawback of outlevelling your ability to maintain your skills.
    b) Everquest 2: Potions with swashbucklers were exploited to allow them to infinitely do aoe moves and easily down dungeons. Templars were able to do anti-undead spec in Echoes of Faydwer and do more damage than a wizard. What happened? SOE fixed it, but the aftermath was tons of gear on AH being almost worthless. Time passed, more gear came out, and people MOVED ON. Again, you guys want this balanced game where everything is fair and there is no problem solving in order to beat the game. In essence, you want to play this game to not think about anything, but to just sit infront of your computer screens mindless and clicking. This takes all the fun out of video games. The exploits make the game FUN. When the exploits are fixed, you moan a little inside your mind, and MOVE ON.

these issues didn't have an immediate impact on the games economy as the diamond issues had, and this game has had several gear resets in the form of raising the level cap. anytime the gear is reset, so is the economy. terrible example
    c) World of Warcraft: Tons of exploits with warlocks and rogues. Remember when it had the nickname World of Roguecraft? What happened? It got fixed, and the game WENT ON. Everyone MOVED ON. World of Warcraft became the top played MMO ever and people somehow are still satisfied about the game. Being one of the easiest MMOs ever,

these were pvp issues and had nothing to do with the economy. you are grasping at straws. also, world of warcraft has had a nearly full gear reset everytime a new tier of raiding gear was added. that's waht..14 now i think?

d) Ultima Online: Don't get me started. Most of you guys do not have the mind or will power to play that game. If you are a veteran, you will know about the endless times you have lost your gear and progress because of a simple mistiming of moves. Tons of exploits. The term "ganking" came from this game. Ganking happens in pvp in this game, and you guys literally CRY over it. Your aspie rage misguides you from the idea that you need to ADAPT AND EVOLVE strategies. Find ways to beat those who are beating you. Take for example 2d fighters. There exists tiers. Those tiers change because people find combinations to beat the existing winning combinations.

ultima online peaked at 300k subs. i played on muds with more players in 1997. also does not apply to a games economy.
    e) Dark Age of Camelot: You all know that one of the factions in RvR was almost worthless. All it was was midgard vs. avalon. People still played the third realm because of the overwhelming CHALLENGE you get with the game. You guys don't want challenge. Again, you just want to click click click and expect a result for your click click clicking.

because there was challenge in pre-emptive sos zerg-traning? also this point has NOTHING to do with a games economy. i almost single handedly owned the armor and weaponsmithing economy on igraine by farming darkness falls with my paladin/healbot/minstrel 3 box which was fine since my guild - sancti graal - owned all of the relics for the first 6 months of the game. that game also had no auction house, i sold my wares directly.
    2) AH Crash: The AH crashed because of an exploit. Get over it. All MMO and real life markets have balanced itself out over time. Time is the most powerful force on the internet. Your aspie angst makes you want to rage because everything isn't perfect ALL THE TIME. What do you EXPECT from normal people?! You want them to be GODS? A LOT of games don't have good initial releases. This game IS NOT A DISASTER. Look at Final Fantasy 14 online. That game was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when it came out and was WAY worse than this! Remember when Everquest 2 came out? World of Warcraft QUEING to get onto a server?! Come on guys, really, come on. These situations are learning experiences. You have fun experiencing them and looking back and saying "remember when this happened?"

you cant use real life as a metaphor for anything in a games economy. you cant take a thousand dollars out of your pocket, scan it, print it and double your money. you can do that with an exploit in a game.
    In essence, here are some metaphors if you TLDR.

You all are 9gag.

You are all the cancer that is killing MMOs and made them how they are today. I will never forgive that you ruined my gaming experience past Planes of Power in Everquest.

You all are skyrim players and do not even have the mental capacity to play games like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls.

You complainers are all basement dwellers. People like me who play casually sigh with all the hard work they did over a weekend or even for their entire game experience when wipes and roll backs happen because of your "polls" and aspie rage.

YOU GUYS are killing this game. Cryptic is doing a good job and this game is REALLY fun. Perfect World might be having some difficulties with zen charges, but I am not reporting them to the BBB and trying to **** up their world and make people lose their jobs over my "inconveniences."

"If you don't like it then leave". I am not leaving.

None of you guys will agree with me. I don't care. I support these guys and all you guys want to do is give them a bad day. Try getting a job for once and have a customer give you a bad day after all the hard work you did. Try having a kid and them give you a bad day because they call you a bad parent after all you did for them. Try actually having a bad day, take away your narcissism, and think "what can I do to prevent other people from feeling how I feel right now?" So far, no people past Ultima Online have been able to do this.

Again, you all are the cancer killing MMOs. Stop it.

the real tl:dr is - the op wants attention and thinks he is both smart and clever. he uses watches a lot of fox news so he starts off with one somewhat relevent point and then goes on a tangent with points that have nothing to do with a games economy in an effort to confuse you and enrage you.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Didn't read...

Read this reply cuz of the sexy GIF... Did not read OP. Too long and started right off sounding like a total windbag.
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really honestly dont see this as such a big deal as people are making it out to be.
  • Options
    alibabababyalibabababy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with OP, most of these people crying for a wipe are qq machines to begin with or shills for other mmo/f2p games.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree that too many people are making too much fuss over too little issue. People need to get some real world perspective, catch a deep breath, & relax.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...