test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I've spent $650 in Zen and I support a Complete Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invested Time? Investment would mean you expect a return.... Unless you work for PW, none of your time in Neverwinter was ever an investment.

Enjoyment, fun with friends, meet new people, adventuring through quests. Could go on and on but a game hopper wouldn't understand.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I support a wipe, and I have sunk a lot of time into the game. This is Cryptic/PWE's fault as much as the exploiters but if things stand the way they are, I think more people will lose out in the long run. A full refund of all Zen purchased and starting over with my Founder's pack would be fine if I can play a game without people exploiting/cheating/ruining things this time around. Nerf Foundry and PVP XP and crack down on AFK bots after you fix the exploits.

PS - Make leveling a little slower so people can actually enjoy doing dailies and quests without outleveling them so quickly.
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    They are actually considering of a wipe now.
    1368998006016.png

Are you blind? Which part of that suggested that they are considering a wipe?
  • Options
    alexlawwalexlaww Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't get it why people are asking for a wipe, there will be more exploits probably, will you be asking for a wipe every month?
    just look at what happened in Diablo 3 in their last patch... a gold dupe and the game is allready on 1 year, not to talk about the experience blizzard has with wow and that still happened, this is a new game it still has many bugs and will still have them, it will take like a year or so to perfect it, don't be dumb people, think before you ask for something that doesn't even make sense
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I've done is play and enjoy and love your game. I sincerely request not to be punished for this.

Go find the criminals and punish them. I hope that you will.

Please do not sweep the rest of the players up in that process.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And I spent a 1000$ and am against a wipe since I dont wan't to grind through 2 level 20 professions again and lose my 60 and raid gear.

That`s alot of money, although with 1000$ i'm pretty sure you can level 2 prof at 20 within a couple of hours and buy full T2 gear

Also regarding the title and the kind of posts here i don't think people who spend the most money should decide how to handle this situation, although knowing PWE you never know.

If anyone would ask me for a vote i may say full wipe but still this doesn't ensure something similar to never happen again, so you can't expect full wipes until everything is settled. They also have this "open beta" excuse, which in the PWE dictionary means "this is our game but expect **** to go haywire at any time"
  • Options
    fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe or not, I love this game too much to feel affected by that. I'd prefer no wipe though.. Economies have a tendency of restoring themselves over time, besides it's not like the staff isn't able to roll any of it back, they traced down the exploiters according to one of their posts... Lets hope for the best shall we.
  • Options
    wileeecoyowileeecoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time spent in a game of any kind is nothing. Did you have fun while you were playing? Great, then you spent the time having fun. If you did not have fun, go find one of the other sources and have fun. You leaving is a fact I can live with.
    To quote my wife:
    1 - Did you have fun?
    2 - Will you have fun playing it again?
    3 - Will the wipe of everything also wipe out any cheat gains?
    WIPE!
  • Options
    spondgebob1spondgebob1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can also delete GWF and GF classes if they do wipe :D
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe would be a means for cheaters to get away scott free and punish legitimate players. Sure the exploiters would lose what they have ill earned but they would avoid the ban, in fact i suspect that many of those that ask for the wipe are cheaters that try to hide their tracks. The wipe would delete also any proof of the cheating and then who could say "you have cheated" ?
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, and this is just my own personal opinion, if you've spent over $600 you really need a life. Second, a complete wipe isn't feasible due to the fact it would open a legal flood-gate against the company. The only real reason people are calling for a full wipe is because;

a) They want a chance to be king of the hill, equipment-wise, and can't because there are too many people ahead of them already.

b) It'll get them back into the game faster.

c) It'll give them a chance to be "top dog" in the AH because they know other exploits to make diamonds.

Let the dev's work on the problem, which might take longer but won't affect players (like me) who had nothing to do with this exploit and have been working hard to legitimately earn their gear and level up. I've just recently hit 20 and I've been working hard on dailies to earn enough AD to buy a mount. Why should my progress be wiped out because some cheaters with no talent need to exploit in order to succeed?
  • Options
    steelpulsesteelpulse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

Besides this will have the benefit of making it easier to plan my expenditures.

Even if they do a complete wipe, who is to say this won't happen again & then what, another WIPE?. If this company has security issues that's their fault! It's not my fault or all other legit players, why should we pay the price. I've worked hard on my toons & spent plenty of $'s, there's got to be a better alternative, even if they have to shut down the servers for a period of time and ban these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> abusers! I hope they all get syphilis! :mad:
  • Options
    arnerjayaarnerjaya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is funny to read all the people who paid money on this game and want a refund of said money or a wipe so they can spend their virtual money on different <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this time around. Too bad you dumb ****s. You decided to spend your money on a game in beta and way too soon to even give them time to deal with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> problems like this. There is always someone out there, most likely foreigners, who are going to try to exploit things that can involve a lot of money making. From the sound of it... there is a lot of folks out there with a lot of money to waste on something that doesn't exist. I haven't spent one penny on this game, but then again it is a F2P game. So far this game has showed me no reason why I should pay for anything on it and at this point I'm glad I haven't.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe should wipe any zen also then (or given back over time liek xx% every week) - if people get 50k, 100k or even mroe zen... think what will happen with the game economy - those people will control the market and the game - they get a insane advantage - sicne its not used over tiem with consumables and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they regret, no hardcore free players who could balance it out over time etc.
    Even new cash players wouldnt be able to keep up with them. They would become the elite and most likely dominate pvp and pve.
  • Options
    fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

Besides this will have the benefit of making it easier to plan my expenditures.

I understand. You're angry that your $650 spent doesn't make you a unique and beautiful butterfly anymore. Anyone who has spent that much money at this point of the game is no better than an exploiter tbh. You've both done what you wanted to get an advantage.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    starfeldstarfeld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather not have a wipe if avoidable, there must be another option.
  • Options
    ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All along I kept wondering who these AWESOME 5 man teams were that kept farming the end game bosses. The same bosses that pounded the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the groups I ran with. ROFL, it now comes to light.

Not only that now understanding the kicks from groups that were trying to form these untouchable teams. Just wow...
  • Options
    venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We support a wipe also..but would like to see real costs down 50%.... :p
  • Options
    ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "I understand. You're angry that your $650 spent doesn't make you a unique and beautiful butterfly anymore. Anyone who has spent that much money at this point of the game is no better than an exploiter tbh. You've both done what you wanted to get an advantage."

Go get a job ...seriously
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazyboy916 wrote: »
    The ONLY people against a wipe are the exploiters. Its pretty simple.

You keep believing that.

(no exploits here - I mean, if I did, then I must have done it wrong, since my highest level character is 48, and my total AD across all of them is maybe 500k. Still, I've leveled 5 characters into the 30s or higher, and two into the 20's. Plus plenty of crafting work. Lot of time spent. And yeah, if I keep playing those characters, I'll spend more time..... but I'm not going to spend the same time again, getting them back to where they are now. Rather spend my time on something new if that were the case.)
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nwnowipe.jpg

;)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, Ive read through this entire post throughout the course of today. Here's my two astral diamonds worth:

Putting aside all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about whether PWE should have seen this coming, etc., well, they didnt, so they have to deal with it now. And they sure have gotten themselves into quite a pickle. This isnt the first exploit since launch, it isnt the only one to cause fluctuations in the economy. There are a couple of ways to fix it in my opinion. A rollback isnt going to do it, the exploit has been there since launch. A wipe would certainly do it, but i also sympathize with those that dont want to see a wipe.

Truth be told, all players play for different reasons, which is why there are so many opinions about whether to do a rollback/wipe. Some want to grind to end game, some want to casually play many different players with not too much concern about how far into the end game they get, some want to PVP, and some, like me, try to be "rich" in game. So for me personally, there's not much reason to go on with an economy that's all screwed up. So, I would support a wipe. But then, what about the three days I had prior to launch? Do I get that back too? And what about the people that have put 60 hrs into their one toon and couldnt give a tinker's **** about the economy of the game because they are getting their gear by grinding. Should we screw them over with a wipe? What's the answer???

Here's what I propose:

Let's say June 1st, which will give PWE time to pull their heads outta their rears. At that time, give founders an opportunity to join a new server. Then two days later, open it to the heros of the north package peeps, then three days later have it go for everyone else. To those of us that the economy is important, problem solved. For those who don't care, problem solved. It's not a huge expenditure of resources for PWE to do this, and would keep the most people happy.

I spent $60 on the game for the hero package, Im very happy with my purchase as Ive gotten what I paid for. I think the game itself is incredible, PvP is second to none. Aside from the economy being totally screwed up, I am completely happy. Yeah, I'm pissed that ive spent three weeks on this account that might be for nothing, but IT'S JUST A GAME!!!!!
  • Options
    kidikoruskidikorus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just rollback before the exploit, and patch it before it goes live, its not hard. Whats with the huge wipe, its not even necessary. All the morons who spend money are in support because they can just spend money and pay to win again, or your just trolling.

All the legit people like me who grinded to 60 grinded there professions and didnt even know about the exploits until now get ****ted on. I wouldnt be mad at a roll back even though some legit people get affected but a full wipe?

I'll quit if that happens, I was thinking of playing because i heard there was no wipe even possible that was announced earlier. STICK TO YOUR WORD CRYPTIC.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @ Arnerjaya

This is funny to read all the people who paid money on this game and want a refund of said money or a wipe so they can spend their virtual money on different <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this time around. Too bad you dumb ****s. You decided to spend your money on a game in beta and way too soon to even give them time to deal with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> problems like this. There is always someone out there, most likely foreigners, who are going to try to exploit things that can involve a lot of money making. From the sound of it... there is a lot of folks out there with a lot of money to waste on something that doesn't exist. I haven't spent one penny on this game, but then again it is a F2P game. So far this game has showed me no reason why I should pay for anything on it and at this point I'm glad I haven't.

Nice run together every sentence reply. Have you ever typed a paper or report in school ? And what a racist comment O;o shame on you.
  • Options
    netjunky321netjunky321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can wipe the game and reimburse Zen to the accounts that bought it with cash. I doubt they don't keep records of who paid and such per account. Wipe it out and reimburse Zen get rid of the ill gotten gains.
  • Options
    cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but the only reason you're in favor of a total wipe is because you have the money to buy more zen. If you spent $650 on zen you have $650 more to spend again, not everyone can just throw that much cash at a game.
  • Options
    calvickacalvicka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i for 1 wouldnt want a complete wipe, i dont exploit the game, but i did work hard to lvl 2 toons to 60 and have 1 with a gearscore over 9200 so i could enjoy end game content. almost all of the gear on my 9200+ toon i bought on the AH by simply posting my own auctions of enchants and gear from T1 dungeons. wasnt hard, just time consuming. so before trying to take everything away from everyone, consider the time and effort put in by the legit players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do people REALLY think that a company will just arbitrarily invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to provide a FREE game ? I choose to believe people are really not that dumb. Perhaps ignorance is at hand.

If there were nobody buying Founder Packs and Zen, YOU DO NOT PLAY.. period. Get real with the hatred for the working class that have a bank account.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are actually considering of a wipe now.
    1368998006016.png
    Nowhere have they said they are concidering it.