What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perma bans go out! hooray

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning accounts in a F2P when exploiters have already sold their gains for real world cash or passed them on to mules, is laughable. The more so since Cryptic knew about these exploits since Close Beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1enc79/there_have_been_over_10_game_breaking_neverwinter/
  • Options
    dahkohtdahkoht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does this clean up the trillions of duped AD laundered through the system over the days (maybe weeks ) this has been going on ?
  • Options
    pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about permabans. That is just a short-term solution.
    WE WANT SUFFERING FOR THE EXPLOITERS!
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely a good first step.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dahkoht wrote: »
    How does this clean up the trillions of duped AD laundered through the system over the days (maybe weeks ) this has been going on ?

Definitely weeks. It appears that all the known exploits were reported to Cryptic in Closed beta.
  • Options
    bcomptonbcompton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How exactly do you ban someone in a free to play game when one just has to open a new account. Surely the Devs realize that the exploited AD, Zen, Gold, and gear would be spread out among many alternate accounts. So yeah you will make it hurt a little bit to the exploiters (can't wait to see how you define them) but in the mean time they knew what would eventually happenen and planned accordingly.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is, some of these people that have gotten the emails letting them know the account was banned are posting things like "yeah but my other mule accounts i moved everything too is still okay."

Need full wipes to fix the issue ..
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Banning accounts in a F2P when exploiters have already sold their gains for real world cash or passed them on to mules, is laughable. The more so since Cryptic knew about these exploits since Close Beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1enc79/there_have_been_over_10_game_breaking_neverwinter/

And you think that PWE can't track the transfers to those mules? Now that is laughable.
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Anyone with a brain would have exploited this on an account especially created for that purpose. Banning those accounts is meaningless if you don't get the counterfeited money that was sent to the real accounts
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    THIS DOESN'T FIX THE ISSUE, AND IS A COP-OUT. You can ban all the accounts you want on there but in a F2P game I can just make up another Email address in 2secs and be right back in the game again. Besides the people have already made their cash, spread around the AD, ZEN, CATS, and other items and F-ed up the game.

THIS SOLVES NOTHING....Its a start but they need to address the issue and fix the problem
  • Options
    nibbybooboonibbybooboo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how Reddit is now an official news source.

No one should be getting banned. No one should be celebrating it either. Shame on all of you.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamps37 wrote: »
    THIS DOESN'T FIX THE ISSUE, AND IS A COP-OUT. You can ban all the accounts you want on there but in a F2P game I can just make up another Email address in 2secs and be right back in the game again. Besides the people have already made their cash, spread around the AD, ZEN, CATS, and other items and F-ed up the game.

THIS SOLVES NOTHING....Its a start but they need to address the issue and fix the problem

...and when they track down all your hypothetical accounts, and ban them too, it's all fixed. If you sincerely believe they can't track that stuff, you don't know much about how game logs work. Note that I'm not saying you're one of the culprits, just extrapolating off your given example.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pardexxx wrote: »
    Who cares about permabans. That is just a short-term solution.
    WE WANT SUFFERING FOR THE EXPLOITERS!

Suffering? Such as finding the peoples houses and then burning them down to the ground? I like the idea, but no one has the time nor the drive to do it sadly... Maybe a hacker could find away such as ruining their lives indirectly. Bank Accounts, Identity theft etc. etc. That may work... but like I said... Who would do that in the first place?
  • Options
    vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    ...and when they track down all your hypothetical accounts, and ban them too, it's all fixed. If you sincerely believe they can't track that stuff, you don't know much about how game logs work. Note that I'm not saying you're one of the culprits, just extrapolating off your given example.

I know your not :-) and I do know how logs work but w/ all of the other exploits that this game has gone thru and they are just now going to do something about this one ONLY CUS IT HITS THEM IN THE WALLET (AKA ZEN CASH SHOP)

I'm sorry but they really need to be better about this. You also can't expect people to go with the idea of OPEN BETA for much longer when your doing a cash shop. The game has a lot of great play value but if they don't act harsh and fast (and they have not) then its kinda a mute point. Its already a laughing joke on many gaming sites
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is not completely done , but the economy is so yeah PWE I hope you got your magic wands ready cuz this will require some supernatural assistance or there is always another way to go - people will burn you as witches were burned in the dark ages ( people will just leave = no zen , empty pockets cya nerds ) .
  • Options
    merlinreynmerlinreyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one should be banned for a development mistake; it is Cryptic's mistake and this is a so called beta where they want to find bugs like this. They should merely take back any currency that was made via the bug. Banning will accomplish nothing as many have said.
  • Options
    bcomptonbcompton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Problem with this is that there would be some innocent "non-mule" accounts which also received items from the exploiter without any knowlege of what was going on. Further a lot of the mule transactions were most likely done through the AH. If you believe that everything was handed from one account to another through the guild bank vault or to only a few accounts then you really dont know how professional exploiters work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sorry double post
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All part of the "look, we're doing something about it" show. Anyone who has been around the block a few times knows a few bans are meaningless. They are just used as a bit of theater to show the uninformed they are fixing things.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

This.

Total wipe or game is doomed IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    ashar1aashar1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, even if they for some weird reason can't track the transfers, which seems extremely unlikely, they can just check all accounts with unreasonable amounts of ADs. Mule accounts with low level characters or low playtime and large amounts of ADs should be trivial to find. More established accounts with unlikely amounts of ADs could also be investigated. I mean, if you disregard Zen-buyers and subtract the ADs gained from founder packs people are unlikely to have millions of ADs unless they have exploited something.
  • Options
    jaymarujaymaru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why I believe a FULL wipe is nessicary and has the lowest impact on the general population.
    1: Actual purchased ZEN with real money, shows in "My Account", if any where transferred and used for this game, PWE Can easily refund, but of course, they usually have a TOS that says "NO REFUNDS" So doing this without properly giving the most important thing back would be bad for business.

2: Level and equipment could be solved by putting a 2x rate drop, and EXP. or even 5x for a week or 2.

3: Currency would be solved, and those websites would hurt, because they would have invested tens of thousands too lose it all. Who cares about the exploiters, they made a few grand, whoop-peeee, it will probably be the largest bonus they ever receive in life, the best part, they had to cheat for it.

Now I'm sure they could just wipe everyones currency, but this would be as much of an hassle because you have to manually re-apply those zen's either way.

the cheaters are hoping Cryptic's Negligence to this issue means they are safe, I doubt it.

But also realize, and this is what those so-called clever exploiters realized, if Cryptic really believes they can profit off the economy in the game, (It's pretty obvious that you have to buy ZEN to get astral diamonds,) (or play a year), so if thats cryptics plan, then they will simply profit off people buying ZEN to get astral diamonds or sell Cash-Shop items in the AH for AD

The easiest thing Cryptic should do, that would not effect players or the game, but would help reduce the heights of the economy is too increase how much AD can be earned through daily's. and skrimishes events, which would then make it where people could acquire diamonds but would not dare spend money other than through the actual PWE Network.

The only time a third-part website makes money off a game like this,
    is when the cash shop itself offers very little.

I just thought of an easy fix
    Put AD in the cash-shop,
    1million for 5$ boom we win. and increase how much u can get from dailys, and raise how much epics cost from NPC's then we are good to go i think.

lol make what use to cost 50,000 astral diamons cost 500,000
  • Options
    kaputzikaputzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dahkoht wrote: »

Good question. To which the answer is, of course, simple: It doesn't
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipes during or after open beta.

The dev team has been very clear, consistent and direct about this for months.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »

Yet the forums of flooded with posts about asking for wipes, some like you mentioned about there being no wipes... but at this point we can only wait and see...
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Even if they ban the accounts that benefitted the mules and real accounts AND do a server wipe. I would dare say anyone go read the NDA for participating in THEIR game. Whether you pay them money or not, that argument is invalid. The buying and selling of accounts and currency and items and so forth is EXPRESSLY banned and they can disable your account. I am just finally glad to see a company to use their muscle to enforce this.

Besides, this IS still a beta game, and doesn't officially go live until later.

IMHO, the entire out of game I will buy it culture ruined all MMO's for me. Made any real accomplishments bland and flavorless.

So banning everyone that actively and directly benefitted, even transferring junk to their real toons account is fine buy me and rolling everything is fine. They have no reason to justify it. Just like a DM, if he says you cant play a toon because its too OP you have to abide buy their ruling.

And those that feign innocence the loudest are usually the biggest cheaters. Oh the other line besides innocent. "oh man I just spent weeks farming this billion Astral Diamonds."

So whatever it takes to reduce the cheating and exploiters I am all for.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    Yet the forums of flooded with posts about asking for wipes, some like you mentioned about there being no wipes... but at this point we can only wait and see...

And a lot of them are shiny new accounts.

If trolls and shills can obtain levels of respect that devoted players can't, then I guess I'm up the creek.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013

it has been confirmed thoughts of wipe are not off the table.
    you`re talking about old messages, ask them now ;p after this event :D hahahaha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [citation needed]
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    [citation needed]

For what?

/10char