test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma bans go out! hooray

Comments

• dracothdracoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    And a lot of them are shiny new accounts.

If trolls and shills can obtain levels of respect that devoted players can't, then I guess I'm up the creek.

Technically this isn't a shiny new account... I had this account before neverwinter was ever released even if it does say March 2013... just that I don't use the forums... No idea why it says that since its a very old account =-=

So don't just assume this a new shiny new account... because I played mostly every PWE game... Some I enjoyed some didn't.

Edit: And yep this is a old account... the join date for March 2013 merely means I joined the forums of Neverwinter at that time... Your claim for being a new account is false as I just checked some of the other forums that show avatars of my old characters from other games... no way I could have played all those games and lvl up the grinders in 2 months...
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [citation needed]

it`s in this forum, under " nwo twitter positive on wipe''

but just read on twitter full char wipe won`t happen, so guess it `s going to be a full wipe of all currency earned ingame at least.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    it has been confirmed thoughts of wipe are not off the table.
    you`re talking about old messages, ask them now ;p after this event :D hahahaha

Complete wipes are off the table, confirmed on the NW twitter.
  • sammylolsammylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see the issue when it comes to mules. It's not hard to track where everything went.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well they could still do a rollback and not call it a wipe, and then wipe all in game currency, that wouldn't be a full wipe, right?
    edited May 2013
    Maybe instead if wiping characters they could specifically wipe the AD itself (All characters will now have 0 AD) Don't know if any would like that or not but at least your not losing everything
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Tracking down people who tried to send AD to their alts is not the difficult thing. The difficult thing is figuring out what to do with the more tangential beneficiaries. People who didn't directly exploit themselves but who benefited indirectly.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    it has been confirmed thoughts of wipe are not off the table.

nwnowipe.jpg

;)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
    edited May 2013
    Well they could still do a rollback and not call it a wipe, and then wipe all in game currency, that wouldn't be a full wipe, right?

guess that will happen, too bad for people who made the most the last days legit, but seems the best thing to deal with it.
    the exploits haven`t been there only for a few days, so only the mindless who heard of the exploit and couldn`t control themselves and went wild with it get banned.
    edited May 2013
    nwnowipe.jpg

;)

yes i know, posted it a while back ;p

this was the slightly older news
    about wipe
    "All options are being considered but they have not finalized any plans yet.
    "
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    And you think that PWE can't track the transfers to those mules? Now that is laughable.

Sure they can, but do you think they have the time and resources to track thousands upon thousands of trades, then make sure it's a mule account and not some innocent guy that got mailed or traded a cat.. Now that is laughable..
    edited May 2013
    Well with I can agree with you now since I see it with my own eyes... BUT!!!! I say their still going to wipe... Not because I believe it, but just to annoy people who wants to continue arguing with me there won't be a wipe while I just sit down and watch them ranting at me and laughing to myself on why they continue to argue with me when I made it obvious it was a simple ploy to argue with me when it was not intended.
    ^This was not meant to be serious it is meant to be a simple joke on what happens daily on the internet... which we can all agree on...
    edited May 2013
    and what if the mules are empty ;p , most likely the case by anyone who uses their head.
    using a 3rd or even 4th account to hide it even deeper, pwe isn`t able in any case to judge values of items what they `re sold for and being able to judge on that.
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Banning accounts in a F2P when exploiters have already sold their gains for real world cash or passed them on to mules, is laughable. The more so since Cryptic knew about these exploits since Close Beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1enc79/there_have_been_over_10_game_breaking_neverwinter/

How would it be different if it was a sub game? In both cases they made their money, banning doesn't matter. FTP or Sub is irrelevant.
  • caspur1300caspur1300 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly they can just IP track most of the exploiters because most people aren't smart enough to "change" their IP addresses. Breakdown: Find an account where someone exploited millions of AD, search for any other account that logged in with that IP and BOOM you got the exploiter and all his mules and his main account too now hit them all with the ban hammer. Sure you won't get everybody that way but, they should also be able to see any IP to IP transactions with horrendous amounts of AD transfers and deal with them accordingly.
    casper2fin3.png
    Hacker1.gif
    A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    The game is not completely done , but the economy is so yeah PWE I hope you got your magic wands ready cuz this will require some supernatural assistance or there is always another way to go - people will burn you as witches were burned in the dark ages ( people will just leave = no zen , empty pockets cya nerds ) .

You must be new to MMORPGs.
    The economy will be fine for quite some time.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • kittztrixkittztrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh dear, very tricky.
    I have got to level 54, i would gladly give up all my cash and diamonds and zen if this will cripple the thieves, ( i want back all original amounts that i have purchased and been awarded for packs etc. though) however hand on heart i would not start again from scratch, i have built my leadership to lvl 10 i have been praying daily but to rinse and repeat would be painful, i hate grind i play for fun and to experience the new.
    Surely the removal of all the high end gear/mounts etc. is possible, how can anyone have earned enough anything in such a short time, isn't all this stuff stored in logs?
    god **** exploiters, look what you have done you nutcases.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dracoth wrote: »
    Maybe instead if wiping characters they could specifically wipe the AD itself (All characters will now have 0 AD) Don't know if any would like that or not but at least your not losing everything

I turned paid for with money Zen into AD, earned more the hard way and got the rest from a Founders Pack. I would consider a currency wipe without refunding every cent I've paid them outright theft.

And by refund I mean cash. I'm not replaying a game i've already played.
  • schwoffinsschwoffins Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going by your logic, I should not get into trouble with the law for robbing your house because you forgot to lock the front door.
  • bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcompton wrote: »
    How exactly do you ban someone in a free to play game when one just has to open a new account. Surely the Devs realize that the exploited AD, Zen, Gold, and gear would be spread out among many alternate accounts. So yeah you will make it hurt a little bit to the exploiters (can't wait to see how you define them) but in the mean time they knew what would eventually happenen and planned accordingly.

you ban there IP address and yes they can make a new one but now that cryptic is watching they wont last as long as before
  • karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any idiot can launder money through the system.
    Have a exploit account and a real account

exploit exploit

log in to the real account, put up something on ah that no one would buy, buy it with your exploit account = WIN
    NO BANS AND LOTS OF AD!
  • ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is, some of these people that have gotten the emails letting them know the account was banned are posting things like "yeah but my other mule accounts i moved everything too is still okay."

Need full wipes to fix the issue ..

They can track these things. It'll take time, but if they're diligent, they'll get them all. Ruining it for the rest of us does nothing.
  • exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluarcher wrote: »
    you ban there IP address and yes they can make a new one but now that cryptic is watching they wont last as long as before

Stop suggesting IP ban as if there's no way around to obtaining a new IP. It's so easy nowadays. IP ban would only stop the technically challenged people. If a banned exploiter wants to come back after getting banned, s/he will. This terrible game is easy money. You can easily make hundreds of millions of AD and then sell one million AD for around 15 dollars on third-party sites. If you think Cryptic has squashed all the big bugs and exploits now, you're in denial.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can track these things. It'll take time, but if they're diligent, they'll get them all. Ruining it for the rest of us does nothing.

I doubt they have the time or the manpower to do it.
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is a beta, they should THANK the people for showing them the bugs, not banning them.

And my oppinion is, that real money should never ever be used in a beta. Either it is a beta, or a the real deal. There are no things in between these two alternatives.

I am not playing this game, I am an outsider. At the moment, I am downloading the client, and reading in the forum, to get an oveview.

My conclusion at this moment, after reading some of the postings is. That I will not spend one cent in this game.
  • mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ip ban doesn't make any sense. Most of the people have dynamic IP adresses. And banning a range is senseless, too. Because many players share those ranges.
  • kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I'm banned but I got no email, I didn't exploit anything, I was on for all of 10 minutes yesterday and purchased over $1000 in ZEN from the game. I made all of my AD by opening lockboxes. I'd really love to know what I can do or why I was banned. Maybe it was a mistake?
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Ya there's no way to ban f2p game.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    Anyone with a brain would have exploited this on an account especially created for that purpose. Banning those accounts is meaningless if you don't get the counterfeited money that was sent to the real accounts

See this man gets it... few others do.

Banning means absolutely nothing. Everyone has multi accounts... people use the mules to do their dirty work. Then using other means hook-up their other accounts. IP ban means nothing too. It takes no effort at all to change/mask your IP if you have 1/2 a brain and know how to use google.

On top of this the more and more people tend to feel cheated by the developers. The more likely they will say hell with it and use the dozen other remaining exploits.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can track these things. It'll take time, but if they're diligent

I can see a problem with your cunning plan.

If they couldn't be bothered to fix an exploit that was known about and reported not only in a previous game but also here since Alpha, what make you think they are going to bother to do this (which is thousands of times harder)