test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NO wipes! NW twitter

maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.
Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.
That won't happen. We understand players have invested time in their characters, and we'll work to minimize the impact.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336253117937090560

now that it has been confirmed can the mods PLEASE remove all these stupid threads about wipes please? There WILL BE NO WIPES!

Now all you wipe-ayers shut up and leave my character alone, thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by maximilious on

Comments

• sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    No beginning of time wipe, might be a rollback though.\

edit:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame

@DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

now that it has been confirmed can the mods PLEASE remove all these stupid threads about wipes please? There WILL BE NO WIPES!

in b4 they rollback servers and he posts a whine topic
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So like I am so happy right now guys woo hoo party time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Like 48 hours or so - that is something I could live with - but thank god no wipe, that is what needed to be said once and for all.
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    <sniff< Its official that Cryptic refuses to wipe but <sniff< I knew it all along.
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone whos been with PWE for a while would know they would never do a wipe at this point.

Any STO players here? Remember this same issue happening in STO.... How was this allowed into the game after that big ordeal in STO over this SAME issue at hand....
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Here here!

There will be a rollback though, that is basically confirmed on Twitter. How much we dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I feel they could just wipe gear/ad/zen and refund real money, and everybody would be happy and economy would be clean again, also time invested would stay (leveling wise) if u dont like grinding for equipment then hell, what u doing here?...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    give me a new shard to play on, i don't want to play in the corrupt abortion of an economy that will exist.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sad day indeed.

Nothing short of a complete wipe will fix the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree delete any and all posts asking for wipes.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So if the exploit was available at day 1 of launch, how wil they rollback pre-exploit?....

Bassicly its the same exploit as in STO, and some people were aware of that from day 1.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • fashirfashir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The twitter post said no *Complete* wipes, meaning everything gone. They have been very careful to always say complete from what I've seen. A wipe could just mean all characters lose all items and are refunded zen. So you would keep characters and levels, but lose items. This is purely speculation, but these posts don't mean that a wipe is impossible, just that characters won't be deleted.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just like they minimized the impact of all the previous exploits, huh?

Game's done.
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol now i want to see those wipe cry babys that said 50% will leave if no wipe. well no wipe sooo what u doing here? :)
    u wont be missed.
    nothing to see here
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fashir wrote: »
    The twitter post said no *Complete* wipes, meaning everything gone. They have been very careful to always say complete from what I've seen. A wipe could just mean all characters lose all items and are refunded zen. So you would keep characters and levels, but lose items. This is purely speculation, but these posts don't mean that a wipe is impossible, just that characters won't be deleted.

I hope that they keep character levels, but reset everything else including AD and equipment. Characters could start with appropriate blue level equipment and any ZEN/Founder packs perks that they purchased.
    edited May 2013
    liquidc86 wrote: »
    lol now i want to see those wipe cry babys that said 50% will leave if no wipe. well no wipe sooo what u doing here? :)
    u wont be missed.

I like you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u wont be missed.

Good to know the most toxic parts of the community are happy. But then. PWE pretty much loves its customers arrogant yet stupid enough to pay them money for a broken product.
  • oogabioooogabioo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only problem I can see with a big rollback is that some new players that leveled fast without exploit might be wiped anyway so that wouldn't be quite fair for them. :c
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe was never the answer. It would have done far more harm than the exploits. Once the exploits are fixed and duped AD deleted; the issues will stabilize over time.
  • oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    u wont be missed.

Thought pretty much the same 10 mnutes ago ;)
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Good to know the most toxic parts of the community are happy. But then. PWE pretty much loves its customers arrogant yet stupid enough to pay them money for a broken product.

You must be one of those f2p moochers.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    fashir wrote: »

I'd be ALL for this! Getting to keep my coins, characters and getting all my zen back!!! I'd have all my 60's with over 100k zen and a few million AD + professions...

One day of pvp and I'd have all my toons in full pvp using my rogue(since no one would have the gear to survive even one hit from a rogue at lvl 60 naked).

I'm guessing you didn't think this through...
  • sailorpeachsailorpeach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »
    Anyone whos been with PWE for a while would know they would never do a wipe at this point.

Any STO players here? Remember this same issue happening in STO.... How was this allowed into the game after that big ordeal in STO over this SAME issue at hand....

Big dfference is, STO's version of the AH doesn't use the "AD" it uses EC aka Gold, now why they didn't stick to this formula is beyond me, if they did the exploits would of never had this much of an effect on the economy.
    edited May 2013
    A wipe was never the answer. It would have done far more harm than the exploits. Once the exploits are fixed and duped AD deleted; the issues will stabilize over time.

There is far too much AD in circulation to fix itself over time. The only economic fix was to first get rid of the exploits, then get rid of all AD/items. Too many exploits at the beginning that were allowed to run rampant and caused the entire market to crash. It will not fix itself, it will only stabilize at inflated rates.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad part is all the whiners are still going to play the game after this. Nothing will change and everyone is still going to play this game LOL!
  • xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Devs need to Wipe the Servers.... it is only logical and it is beta.... these exploits should have been found in Closed Beta, which means Closed Beta was a total Failure... /faceplam

now the game is and will always be corrupted since they will not wipe the game database.... another game would have just wiped the Servers to make absolutely sure nothing got though the cracks....
    edited May 2013
    The Devs need to Wipe the Servers.... it is only logical and it is beta.... these exploits should have been found in Closed Beta, which means Closed Beta was a total Failure... /faceplam

now the game is and will always be corrupted since they will not wipe the game database.... another game would have just wiped the Servers to make absolutely sure nothing got though the cracks....

Please show us any games that have wiped their game servers after an exploit AFTER they have taken the hard earned $$$ from its customers... none you say? what do you know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    I'd be ALL for this! Getting to keep my coins, characters and getting all my zen back!!! I'd have all my 60's with over 100k zen and a few million AD + professions...

One day of pvp and I'd have all my toons in full pvp using my rogue(since no one would have the gear to survive even one hit from a rogue at lvl 60 naked).

I'm guessing you didn't think this through...

Who said you got to keep your AD and zen that wasn't directly purchased through founder's packs or zen market?
    edited May 2013
    Devs have stated that they can selectively roll back individual accounts. Why not just roll back accounts that have been involved, whether intentional or not?