test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I've spent $650 in Zen and I support a Complete Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    The problem with a partial rollback is that where do you rollback to. This exploit was identified in early closed beta and reported by many with no action from Cryptic. I have spent money on zen like most of the player community (about $200 not including founders pack). In addition, I have two level 60 characters with T2 gear and maxed proffesions; yet I still would support a full wipe to ensure the longevity of the game. Otherwise, NWO will go the way of most of the other Cryptic games where the user base is almost nonexistant.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I said in another thread - the time is the valuable thing, not the money - and all those guys having nothing else to do than playing gaames are the ones asking for a wipe, any rational thinking person who has to think about what they can do with their time will not support a complete wipe.

This. When they can refund my time, I'll be okay with a wipe. (don't care about the $40 I spent, honestly. I'd be fine walking way from that and writing it off as the cost of two weeks of entertainment.)
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Why the hell would they do a whole wipe, when a simple rollback can fix it all?

Ohh ye of limited knowledge who think its as easy as a rollback.

This exploit has been going on since release and the only recourse is a complete wipe and redo or the economy will forever remain f**ked. That is a fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    ryzzhanryzzhan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe of any sort would be utterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. people worked long enough to get where they are now. if you want to punish someone punish those people who exploited. reset the market they pushed too high. whatever the problem is can be fixed without a wipe. if you think it cant ? your staff is useless.
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    2WVxq.png

2WVyk.png

2WVz5.png

I've paid $2860. I don't support a roll-back as I run a business 14 hours a day and only have 2-3 hours to play and ****ing up my sleep schedule at times due to playing. :P I've finally gotten 2 characters with great gear, if it's wiped I'd definitely won't be back on this game.

i support wipe and i was gonna make fun of the OP since he claimed he spent 650$ for this garbage..
    now i read your post and i can't believe this

2860$ for PWE game..
    i mean i don't mind if you spent 1000$ for an account.. i sold my SWG pre-nge jedi for 800$ back in the day.. but spending 2860$ for this game made me speechless.. yes its your money you can spent it the way you want.. but because of the n88bs like you, every major mmorpg will transform into f2p aka p2w..
    i guess amount of money casual players invest in a game in order to close the item gap between people invest time is larger than i tho..
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    18 hours ago no one knew about this or complained about it. Now everyone is screaming "Wipe" and using "But this has been going on foreeeever..." as excuse.
  • Options
    wileeecoyowileeecoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in support of a full wipe as well. Just give me the Zen back and let me start over. This IS BETA!
  • Options
    digitalprowlerdigitalprowler Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i gotta say, ive been reading over this thread and wow....how sad it is that you can sell bags of $h1t to $h1t3at3rs. i work independently as a mechanical engineer, am single, live in a region of the US that has about the lowest cost of living in the country and make insane bank roll.

if you spent more than 100 bucks on this game in its current state, you are...for a fact a **** fool and the core of the problem when it comes to the endless stream of mmos that are complete and utter trash in today's market. this is a B quality game from a notoriously cheap cash grab development company and people are spending 1...2...5grand on it?

please tell me what businesses or companies you work for so i can avoid them at all costs when playing the stocks. sad sad day for humanity's logic in our current society. let average die...just let it die...i don't make a good living because i half *** my design projects. why should game developers be any different

if people like these could be woken up and see how they are degrading the future of games, nah never mind, the tiny little box they live in has no holes cut in it so they cant see what's going on around them lol, but this...is the beginning of another conversation completely, so good riddance PWI forum.

for more on the subject visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agzaaTfrmQA
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    lol spend 600 dollars on a game not worth 49.99...Good job. Full wipe? Sure youll only lose 70% of your player base, enjoy 3 hour queue timers for pvp and 18 hour timers on dungeons .-.
  • Options
    teseratorteserator Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love a total wipe. Its a free respec
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    I am against a wipe too, because this can be fixed without wiping anything >_> It's called rollback.

I agree, rollback to when the servers went live on the 25th of April.

If not the economy will be broken.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zullaishzullaish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a wipe + reset the zen spent since open beta i think would be fair . as far as the time spent in profesions an questing well that would be normall in in O.B. to lose so .. yes a wipe in that case i think would be fair. but a monthly wipe .. thats hard to except.
  • Options
    penumakronpenumakron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahahahaha who are all these morons asking for a wipe. there never will be a wipe....whan whan whan i spent money but now I want it back...sorry losers say bye bye to your green and just enjoy the game. Ooo I think the only thing that needs a wipe is your collective behinds
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sacred55 wrote: »
    Everything you earned is now worthless, time is nothing as long as you're enjoying yourself.

Time is nothing to the 15 year old.

I am not 15. If the servers were wiped and my character deleted, I wouldn't come back. That's not a threat, or whining, just fact. My time is everything, and there's plenty of sources of entertainment vying for my attention.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »

I am not 15. If the servers were wiped and my character deleted, I wouldn't come back. That's not a threat, or whining, just fact. My time is everything, and there's plenty of sources of entertainment vying for my attention.

I agree with this. +1
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    I vote full wipe with refund.
  • Options
    xkryptoknightxxxkryptoknightxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent $350 in Zen and I approve of a wipe with a full refund of Zen.
  • Options
    stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    bdragonb wrote: »
    =O

What a moron.:cool:

Some people would spend just as much money on a trip to the Superbowl. Would they consider it worth the cost? Many would say "Hell Yes!", others would say "I can watch it at home for minimal cost". Both Neverwinter and the Superbowl are activities that exist purely for entertainment, both can give you good memories/fun experiences. Everyone has a different idea of what they consider entertainment and what it's worth to them.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sure all the cash users would agree to it - you get all the zen back yo uwasted on consumables and keys that didnt give anythign good or failed enchantments and stuff. Yoy get tons of zen to start with and with zen you get all the diamonds you want and gear. You will easily dominate all the free players in pvp and pve. You control the economy.

While you can just BUY basically everythign back within a week - free players would have to grind and farm for months.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And how many more of us who spent money in a game we like will jsut do a chargeback on our credit cards and quit? I know I am thinking of doing this if theres no wipe, the economy of an MMO is a huge deal and most of y guild is in support of a wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    validor18validor18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would support a full wipe. Many of the people disagreeing are exploiters themselves trying to get away with something. The game has only been out for about two weeks, how much time could possibly be lost, considering this might continue to affect the entire life of this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And how many more of us who spent money in a game we like will jsut do a chargeback on our credit cards and quit? I know I am thinking of doing this if theres no wipe, the economy of an MMO is a huge deal and most of y guild is in support of a wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time spent in a game of any kind is nothing. Did you have fun while you were playing? Great, then you spent the time having fun. If you did not have fun, go find one of the other sources and have fun. You leaving is a fact I can live with.

Time is everything. You're either a kid or narrow headed for thinking otherwise.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipes during or after open beta.

The dev team has been very clear, consistent and direct about this for months.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wipe it.

Coco_Doormat_Just_Wipe_It_l.JPG
  • Options
    tormenator1377tormenator1377 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I spent a 1000$ and am against a wipe since I dont wan't to grind through 2 level 20 professions again and lose my 60 and raid gear.

ROFL are you addicted to gambling buying that many keys?
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wipe it.

Coco_Doormat_Just_Wipe_It_l.JPG

Wiping would cause a lot of chaffing. And with the code being diarrhea right now, we'd need a lot more wiping.
  • Options
    identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am for rebalance and fix game and for full restart. Absolutly i am not for any rollback. But i think devs can found exploiters by auction house. The best resolution is full rollback for exploiters.
  • Options
    krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny, everyone thinks a WIPE will fix these issues, they will just be done over again in a different way. A select few will break the economy again, it's the way these things work. No offense to the game or devs, but they will never be able to fully stop an economy crash within a game, especially this one where people can buy AD. If they wipe the servers though, you would think we would get our zen back.