test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full wipe advise for the sake of this game

ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yes, I know many of you will be terrifed that you lost your lvl 60 characters.

But let's be honest about it, this game had so many economy - wise exploits that after today it is the best time to wipe everything and start with fresh economy.

We had :
Foundry fast levelling
AFK PvP glory farmers = free epic items and more
Dungeone Exploits like pirate boss overkilling = free t2 epic items
GF dmg bug = free T2 T3 items
AD bug = free everything

Now those who have their items sold before the bug leaked to public... I lol'd if this is going to run without any rollback/wipes. Some people could make billions on ah thx to the fact it was open for so long, and what's worse legitimately robbing those that listed their items before the economy crash. If you really think there is a magical way to fix the economy by manualy banning few people you are wrong. Some of those guys were smart enough to play it safe and keep it clean for 2 weeks until now. I'm pretty sure they are much better at bunkering their goods than abusing the exploit. In longterm there is no way that this economy can run without major changes because it shouldn't look like that even after 5 years with thousand of bots running.

Even if you ban half of the populations there will be still like billions of billions of AD floating the market. Ah transactions are just part of the whole mess that happend for all those days, you can buy and do everything with AD since it affects nearly every mechanic in the game.

The best way is to either full wipe this or at last full wipe all the items and currency from the game and turn all the spend zen back to the accounts so the people that paid for the game can still have all their toys.
Post edited by ro7shadow on

Comments

• narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not at all Ro, you miss the real issue, for the sake of the game they can not do a wipe. If you wipe they will LOSE their customers who paid, and the free guys will stick around. With no money a game can not continue, so you have this backwards, a wipe will kill the game, not wiping will save it.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I payed some money to this game. and I think it is a mistake to wipe it and hurt me because of cheaters.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Not at all Ro, you miss the real issue, for the sake of the game they can not do a wipe. If you wipe they will LOSE their customers who paid, and the free guys will stick around. With no money a game can not continue, so you have this backwards, a wipe will kill the game, not wiping will save it.

I am a paying customer and I want a full wipe... not wiping it ruins the game as there is no economy..
  • lothriklothrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like one of the only people that actually played this game legitimately, which is really surprising to me.

I never used the auction house, and only tried the foundry once (immediately decided I hated it and never used it again). I did PvP Domination about 15 times, never AFK PvPed once. I don't have any tier sets period, and the only AD I have is from the Founder's pack and Invocation.

I really hope they do some major rollbacks, but at the same time I'm going to think they're idiots if I personally get rolled back. I never did anything even remotely similar to exploiting in this game.
  • bcbudius420bcbudius420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would have to think, that there is some record of who has paid for zen. I dont understand why people would think that a wipe of the characters would make it so everyone loses the money they paid in, wouldn't they just refund the zen too the accounts ?
  • thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I am a paying customer and I want a full wipe... not wiping it ruins the game as there is no economy..
    Paying customer here as well and I can only see a wipe as a way out of this, the economy is done. Give back purchases back in zen, founders etc and some bonus reward (maybe even more increased xp and other things)
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013

No offence I think you have it backwards,

People will be angry and they will refund no matter what at this point, with wipe all the people that paid for their packs or zen will still have them with all the benefits. And now I'm sorry but it's kind hard to imagine people that sold their zens yesterday to AD or so still playing the game. What's the point of playing if there is no economy at all and everything is basically worthless.
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there were to be a wipe it's obvious players will have to be refunded Zen legitimately purchased and promotions bought ie Founders pack purchases etc identifying those transactions has to be way easier than identifying where the exploited AD has gone :/ So it wouldn't be a case of "punishing" genuine players. And in it's favour is the fact that it would also deal with those that have abused previous exploits.

Banning is impossible to implement ppl wil just go get a new free email and open a new account. Personally I'd let them keep their accounts but roll the characters on them back to Lv1....
  • disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    yeah some people will quit but those are the weak ones who dont even stick out the dungeon to the end so who cares, BUT everyone should just see the big picture for what it is, the economy has been sabotaged there is no real fixing this. solution = wipe
  • xavrathxavrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That simply would not be how it works. Cryptic did a character wipe between closed beta and open beta. During that wipe they refunded all Zen purchases. You would simply start the game over again with all of your zen returned. You would lose nothing except for some time.

Besides, the devs have already stated that they are going to try to fix it with selective character rollbacks and bans. At this point, it does not look like there will be a wipe.

I believe that this is too early for a wipe. If the devs are going to wipe the chars in order to reset the game because of exploits, they need to fix all the exploits first. You don't want to do that more than once, and I believe that there will be additional exploits found that will break the game. Until they have stabilized the game entirely they do not want to even consider a wipe. It may eventually come, but not yet.
    edited May 2013
    Most of the people already want a full wipe like in poll http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/poll.php?pollid=1962&do=showresults

In such case I think it is most reasonable thing to do everybody will start fresh and everybody will maintain their spend money (ZEN) on their accounts.
  • mythxandermythxander Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am a paying customer and vote for a wipe.... I will still play and hope it would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the cheaters and send them elsewhere.
  • dustyrhodesgamedustyrhodesgame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought a founders pack and some yen, I would also rather have a wipe. I mean it is a beta, sure a terrible bug for a beta, but it happens. If you agree to playing a beta, you shouldn't be surprised if they wipe it again before launch. Plenty of games started on a clean slate for their launches. I honestly don't see any other answer after all the exploitable bugs so far.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. For the sake of the game, in the long run nothing but a wipe can be done right now. I know without a wipe, myself, my wife and our credit card will be heading out of Neverwinter for a more stable environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • nibbybooboonibbybooboo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ro7shadow wrote: »
    Yes, I know many of you will be terrifed that you lost your lvl 60 characters.

But let's be honest about it, this game had so many economy - wise exploits that after today it is the best time to wipe everything and start with fresh economy.

We had :
    Foundry fast levelling
    AFK PvP glory farmers = free epic items and more
    Dungeone Exploits like pirate boss overkilling = free t2 epic items
    GF dmg bug = free T2 T3 items
    AD bug = free everything

Now those who have their items sold before the bug leaked to public... I lol'd if this is going to run without any rollback/wipes. Some people could make billions on ah thx to the fact it was open for so long, and what's worse legitimately robbing those that listed their items before the economy crash. If you really think there is a magical way to fix the economy by manualy banning few people you are wrong. Some of those guys were smart enough to play it safe and keep it clean for 2 weeks until now. I'm pretty sure they are much better at bunkering their goods than abusing the exploit. In longterm there is no way that this economy can run without major changes because it shouldn't look like that even after 5 years with thousand of bots running.

Even if you ban half of the populations there will be still like billions of billions of AD floating the market. Ah transactions are just part of the whole mess that happend for all those days, you can buy and do everything with AD since it affects nearly every mechanic in the game.

The best way is to either full wipe this or at last full wipe all the items and currency from the game and turn all the spend zen back to the accounts so the people that paid for the game can still have all their toys.

The vast majority of the players are not even aware of these issues and even more have not been effected by them. There will be no wipe nor should there be.

You honestly think anyone at PW or Cryptic needs your advice lol?

If the "Wipe" is such an issue than maybe it is time for you and the others who can't let it go to move on.
    edited May 2013
    Majority of the people want a full wipe I guess it's safe to say that it's smart to listen to the customers.

How they are not affected by something that affects everything ? You have problem with logic, just because you are unaware of something doesn't mean it is not there.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did a personal polling to see how many supporting a wipe were wearing founders titles and how many against were not...I bet cryptic is doing the same thing, and im predicting a wipe incoming. Funny how many people crying out that paying customers will leave do not have a founders title. Right behind them you have "founder guy" saying ,just wipe it for the good of the game..It is pretty funny.

Also leading me to think that a ton of the exploiters are pounding the pavement to save their ill gotten loot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • kaputzikaputzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I wholeheartedly agree.

It's frustrating to read the inevitable bragging posts on twitch streams and reddit where expoliters are lol'ing at the fact that their 'mule' accounts are getting perma-banned but their main accounts are, so far, untouched.

EG - Mtgsus: so far only 2 of 10 smurfs I made are banned lulz. If even 1 makes it through Im a rich man.

Wipe plz
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also leading me to think that a ton of the exploiters are pounding the pavement to save their ill gotten loot.

T-h-I-s !!!
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

T-h-I-s !!!
  • s4xs4x Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who quits after a wipe in beta, more then likely wouldn't stick around long enough to begin with - Is this truly worth catering for? This will really hurt the game in the long run if this doesn't get solved now.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe. These things happen in every mmo. Some mechanic gets exploited. Some accounts get suspended or banned and after all the free money is spent everything is right back to normal. Usually two weeks max.

I believe they are working on finding the culprits and will take appropriate actions based on the severity of the offense. This isn't the first time it has happened on a mmo. Everyone freaks out at first then forgetd about it by the weeks end.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just hit level 60 today and got my first companion to rank 30. Yeah, today, as in this morning. I play at my own pace so it took me a while to get there. I was excited to get into level 60 dungeon runs tonight. I leveled through questing/grinding and got my professions up to level 14 without exploiting. I've dropped a bit of cash into this game already, both founders packs + a chunk of zen. If PWE gave a reimbursement of all zen purchased with cash, I'd LOVE to see a character wipe.

EDIT: Those of you thinking a few rollbacks will solve the issue are mistaken. This is a F2P game remember? How many accounts do you think the exploiters/gold sellers/cheaters have that they filtered their ill-gotten-gains through? Sure, there will be a few who used their main account to cheat, but for every one of those, I'd bet there were 5 farmers who had multiple accounts to store all their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. All those multiple accounts are where the problem would come from making the economy broken for a long time to come.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • dezrethdezreth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just saw this on Twitter (sadly):

Neverwinter‏@NeverwinterGame2m
    @omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezreth wrote: »

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

Saw it myself. This is fantastic news!!! hopefully no rollback either now!
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters benefit more from the wipe than anyone else. The best solution is to take down the servers as long as they need. Even if this means dropping the servers down for a few days. They can easily ban the cheaters, roll back those that dealt with them, and even roll back the servers. They can take a big long lengthy process to fix as much damage as possible. Before this boom most people were against a wipe even with the previous exploits. If this day didn't happen then most people would still be against the wipe.

The ones who benefit the most from the wipe are the cheaters. They're already going to get banned but that's no punishment for them. Why? Oh no! Their account got banned so they lose everything on it! Oh, wait. Everyone else got their stuff wiped too. No problem.. new account and.. they're now on the same page as everyone else. Most cheaters want to be on top. That's why they cheat. To maintain an advantage. This gives them a second shot of being on top as everyone else will be equal.

Bans do not permanently stop someone from making accounts. Many people know how to circumvent Hardware, IP, and even other types of bans. It does prevent them from using that character and if they sniff out their alts/main characters they have a significant amount to lose. If they're the ones punished they suffer the most. While everyone still has their items, their gear, and their legitimately earned currency they're back to level 1 in rags.

Stop supporting cheaters.
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Saw it myself. This is fantastic news!!! hopefully no rollback either now!

Fantastic is a relative point of view. As a non-exploiter who doesn't mind starting over (costing me roughly a week's worth of playtime) as an alternative to playing in a game with an economy that will likely be broken for months or longer due to this exploit, I would use a vastly different adjective.

I think Cryptic/PW are in a no-win situation but they chose the cowardly way out and will probably lose more in the long run. But that's only one player's opinion.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

+1 Do like!
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Fantastic is a relative point of view. As a non-exploiter who doesn't mind starting over (costing me roughly a week's worth of playtime) as an alternative to playing in a game with an economy that will likely be broken for months or longer due to this exploit, I would use a vastly different adjective.

I think Cryptic/PW are in a no-win situation but they chose the cowardly way out and will probably lose more in the long run. But that's only one player's opinion.

Exploiters would prefer for everyone to be punished via their actions rather than just they themselves suffering for them. An exploiter who knows his ban is imminent would rejoice over everyone having to start over along side himself. So as a non exploiter I am glad to see that they are actually being punished as opposed for the innocent being punished along side them for their actions.
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Cheaters benefit more from the wipe than anyone else. The best solution is to take down the servers as long as they need. Even if this means dropping the servers down for a few days. They can easily ban the cheaters, roll back those that dealt with them, and even roll back the servers. They can take a big long lengthy process to fix as much damage as possible. Before this boom most people were against a wipe even with the previous exploits. If this day didn't happen then most people would still be against the wipe.

The ones who benefit the most from the wipe are the cheaters. They're already going to get banned but that's no punishment for them. Why? Oh no! Their account got banned so they lose everything on it! Oh, wait. Everyone else got their stuff wiped too. No problem.. new account and.. they're now on the same page as everyone else. Most cheaters want to be on top. That's why they cheat. To maintain an advantage. This gives them a second shot of being on top as everyone else will be equal.

Bans do not permanently stop someone from making accounts. Many people know how to circumvent Hardware, IP, and even other types of bans. It does prevent them from using that character and if they sniff out their alts/main characters they have a significant amount to lose. If they're the ones punished they suffer the most. While everyone still has their items, their gear, and their legitimately earned currency they're back to level 1 in rags.

Stop supporting cheaters.

You are pretty much completely wrong in your assessment. The hackers will have long-since laundered their ill-gotten gains to other accounts. No matter how hard the ban-hammering is, a good chunk of that AD will persist in the economy. Without the wipe, they will start new accounts and the currency/gear will find it's way back to them, probably within minutes of the servers being back up. The forensics on following all of the currency to the last AD would probably take weeks if not months so let's assume Cryptic will simply do a hand-wave, a few public bannings, and say everything is okay. But it won't be.

A wipe clears the decks. But since that's not happening, how about a new server where those of us who have no faith in the current server economies can go to at least get one more shot at a fair start. If they mess up again, it won't really matter at that point because most of us will simply move on to another game.