What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    mcgugan88mcgugan88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here we go....

1) I very, very rarely comment on forums anymore. I've played most every major MMO since Ultima Online, and there's a reason that I now mostly solo until I can't any longer, and then move on. I honestly can't stand dealing with other people. That's what real life is for, and I play games to unwind from that. Not targeted at you, but just a little personal background.

2) I'll admit, I've only been playing for two days, on a free beta key, and haven't spent any money on the game yet. My understanding is that the game is in beta and I was waiting to drop my 200$ on the drow pack once I determined if I liked it. I'm currently level 16 with the only character I have built. Based on my experience so far, I'll most likely spend the cash in the next week or two.

3) Up to this point, and I speak as someone who had a rare three hours of uninterrupted game time lost (Servers dropped just as I was finishing Cloak Tower; boss was literally at less than 3% life), I have experienced only one glitch in a quest. I forget the name of it, but it was, I think, with Denelaith (sp?) not following me out of the sewers. After a restart, I ran back through, and it worked perfectly. I have beta'ed over a dozen games, and this is the most polished one I've ever seen. Granted, I've not come very far compared to the rest of you, but I'm a casual player. I'm a representative of the target demographic that, in our silent majority, pays the way for the games the power-gamer enjoys. Your hyperbole is a reaction of your current frustration, and I understand that, but I feel it does little to forward the positive progress of this game.

4) This is just a point for others out there that I have read in my lurking on these forums. I, and the hundreds of thousands like me, who have no compunction to post on these forums, or use the AH, or spend money (for now) on Zen or AD, are waiting to see how things unfold. I honestly don't care about the state of the "virtual economy". I use what my character can find. I care more about storyline and playability than some perceived advantage. Does another character have more money or equipment than I? I don't care. Let them enjoy it, as long as I can enjoy the game in my own right. I maxxed out on DDO at 14th level. Did I reach the max level? No. Did I have the awesome gear that someone else had? No. Did I enjoy the 3+ years I played the game? Absolutely! Maybe...just maybe...it's time for MMO players to stop comparing playstyles, gear, builds, and accomplishments, and learn to enjoy the experience. I've never been in a large guild, never had the best stuff, and in only one game have I achieved max level, but I love these games because they give me never-ending content. I used to have to pay monthly for that, and was glad to do it. Now I only pay for what I want. I have no room to complain. Do any of you? Really?

Flame away.

I fully Agree with everything and feel the same way been gaming online since Bulletin Boards and paying by the hour to play.
  • Options
    bladevisebladevise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    furushu wrote: »
    Wipe would be good.

Yes yes yes, this massive thermonuclear level WET <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of an exploit will be filling our socks if we don't get some SErIoUs Wipe action going on reeeeeal soon! O.O
  • Options
    moriaelini9moriaelini9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eeerick wrote: »
    I ran out of popcorn on page 41 :/

I popped more. Have some :D
  • Options
    tekedouttekedout Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone answer this... Weren't they going to wipe when the game launched anyway?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amorra wrote: »
    I have to apologize at the underlined statement made me laugh.

If they do a server roll-back I would be upset as well. However I would be angry at the players who abused the bug rather than Cryptic. Perhaps it is just common sense talking... It is not as though the company wants to do a roll-back on every player. If the problem became that bad however, then it has to be done.

Cryptic better not punish me for what other people did is what I'm saying, if they do, then yes, I will be mad at them. As for the exploiters, of course I hate their stinking guts, along with the people whining about them, crying for a complete rollback. I was totally unaware of this exploit, blissfully ignorant of all this, working peacefully on my quest, until the servers crashed. Then I come to the forum to see what's up, and see all these trolls bickering back and forth, both sides effectively trying to a ruin a game I've invested so many hours into, and Cryptic has mentioned the possibility of penalizing me over it. My progress on my map has already been delayed today, should I have to level up back to 15, or lose my quest entirely, yeah, I'll be furious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reclusiarcreclusiarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to the Cracked Article. And playing again, rollback or not, wipe or not, I'll get back in foundry and level up some more 60's.

Keep up the good work, keep telling us what's up and... well, just that right there will keep many of us playing.
  • Options
    jgb8jgb8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote just wipe it all. Who cares really? The game is fun enough, I'm willing to start all my 60s over.
  • Options
    jinkarijinkari Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmmm lets see if i get flamed for this one lol.

dnh2 i hate to inform you but the game is free to play you don't have to put money into it unless you want too. Therefore how do you play the game legitimately?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Refund every Zen purchase associated with this game and wipe the slate clean. Problem solved. That's what you do in a beta anyway, isn't it. Oh wait....
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem solved !

catspv.png
  • Options
    jaimetcjaimetc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bexter7 wrote: »
    I just have a question: Can someone explain what exactly happened? In know there is an exploit, but
    How did they exploit the AH/AD? Im just curious as I am waiting to see what is going to happen. OR
    Is it not known what they did?

The problem was that Action House was adding AD when you did a negative bid, no hackers, no scripts... just a fail in the AH programmin... This afternoon Zen was going down respect AD, so more people was buying Zens, the economy was fine... Then the new of that AH fail sudenlly broke all economy... Free AD made free Zen in ADE, made free trainning mounts, free cat everywhere... prize of Zen rise up to infinite amounts and colapsed AH buying anything by any price...

I think a back up to this morning will be the solution, cuz till this moment Zen was going down respct ADs so was fine for them.
  • Options
    eeerickeeerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I popped more. Have some :D
    I think .. I'm in love.
  • Options
    thevandalzthevandalz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Cryptic better not punish me for what other people did is what I'm saying, if they do, then yes, I will be mad at them. As for the exploiters, of course I hate their stinking guts, along with the people whining about them, crying for a complete rollback. I was totally unaware of this exploit, blissfully ignorant of all this, working peacefully on my quest, until the servers crashed. Then I come to the forum to see what's up, and see all these trolls bickering back and forth, both sides effectively trying to a ruin a game I've invested so many hours into, and Cryptic has mentioned the possibility of penalizing me over it. My progress on my map has already been delayed today, should I have to level up back to 15, or lose my quest entirely, yeah, I'll be furious.

Level 15... lol...

You're like an intern complaining about the health benefits.
  • Options
    miyatzimiyatzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing as this AH bug have been in the closed beta, and countless reports of it have been given to Cryptic without they doing anything about it and still take money from people. I now really want a refund of the money I have spent on Zen. I really feel like I have been pissed on and someone stole my money.
    Some even say they let the bug slide so Cryptic could make more money off us that had no idea of the exploit and therefore could buy more zen to convert to AD. So that one could buy items with such inflated prices.

I have spent quite a bit, how possible is it to get a refund for Zen, but keep your account and North Founder pack without geting banned for a refund? Or how does this work(if someone could give me some help)
  • Options
    icehandfrostiicehandfrosti Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vulcan111 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly this is the only way possible now to restore trust that PWE really got all the cheaters. Not to do so would be like the IRS saying they got every loophole person, people wouldnt beleive it!

Only way to restore faith in this game is a wipe, and retun everyones Zen and founder packs that were paid for with real money!

To not do so would shake the faith of the economy to such a degree that would fail this game before it even starts, it would be an age of conan launch.

So are you suggesting the IRS make everyone redo all their tax forms and recollect all their tax documents to insure all the loophole people have been dealt with? Poor analogy. I don't understand why I should lose my progress because others were dishonest and fraudulent. On the same token, I don't understand why some should be able to back out of a purchase because of a bug that is going to be fixed. If you buy a car and it has a recall for a bad part, do you demand a full refund? No, you take your car to a mechanic and allow the manufacturer to make it right. Let's let PWE have a chance to make it right before everyone demands full refunds....geeze...patience much?
    NW-DULDNU5HG - A New Evil. ~15min Healthy balance of story and action.

@Daranar
    Adriana - 41 Control Wizard - 10 Tailor - 4 Leader - Mindflayer
    Daranar - 6 Guadian Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eeerick wrote: »
    I think .. I'm in love.

Neverwinter's first public bromance.
  • Options
    parrish90parrish90 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    What in the heck is your issue Dude? Go take a chill pill. The exploit affects everyone, obviously you have no clue how MMOs work and the importance of the ingame economy. A broken in game economy kills games, and very quickly. It has to be rectified. Do you have your quest saved? You can (obviously) republish it after a wipe. You are also assuming a wipe will affect the Foundry which isn't necessarily so.

His issue, dude, is that he's a foundry publisher and he doesn't want to see all his hard work wiped out. It's a significant issue for these guys. It's great content and the future of the game in a lot of ways. So, show him a little empathy.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevandalz wrote: »
    Level 15... lol...

You're like an intern complaining about the health benefits.

But he is a level 60 Troll! Beware!
  • Options
    dnh2dnh2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urlafeina wrote: »
    stupid enough to have already spent real money on a game in BETA and you lose it...then tough titty.

If that's how it's going to be, then why would anyone ever spend money in the zen store at all? A couple of months ago, world of warcraft, which has been out 7(?) years, experienced an insta-kill bug that a hacker was using to kill everyone instantly. The fact is, even polished games are still vulnerable to major exploits, which could potentially vastly deteriorate the value of any real money spent in them. But it's up to the devs to try to make it right.
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm so upset I could just...I could just...

...wait a sec...hmmm...not that upset actually. :p

In actuality, my guildmates have been away for much of the weekend, so I've been logging in sporadically to invoke/profess. Yep, that's it. So as long as I don't miss out on my Celestial Coin, I'm pretty nonplussed by downtime right now. Besides, I've been watching the Magic the Gathering Pro Tour over Twitch all weekend, so...meh.

The servers will be up when they're ready. Until then...relax. Take a few deep breaths, go see what your family looks like (you may or may not recognize them, depending how much you've been grinding your T2's), and let the devs do their jobs.

Regards, fellow travelers. :cool:
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rude81 wrote: »
    If you consider a wipe, there is no need to do a full wipe. Why? Because there is a good compromise between wipe and healthy economy.
    Keep the character levels, the job levels, the kill records and titles and the quest record. Drop all items, equipment, gold, diamonds and zen. Refund the paying customers.

And of course keep all Foundry content. ;)

Would be the solution for me to aim for if i was in charge of the game. After identifying and banning the abusers these steps are easily achieved by just a few database operations.

I agree with one minor change. They need to establish a baseline gold/gear per level. If you are level 50 then you should have this much gold if you play the game normally. Drop everyone back to that baseline for their level.
  • Options
    robbmagnusrobbmagnus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sumitos wrote: »
    Simple solution

1.let the admins continue to find those that quietly used the exploit in the AH and ban their accounts etc,
    2.roll back from when it was found out into trade chat - solved that issue,
    3.Compensate every toon on each shard with 5mil Ad and 1k zen. This will shut people up about the rollback(if it happens). They'll be 2 happy playing with the zen/Ad to care.

Sure everything will go silly with all that ad/zen burning a hole in their back pocket (so to speak), but it will settle down within a week most likely... this will make everyone a win/win situation to perfectworld and everyone playing beta.

+1000000000
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got up this morning. Hopped on Neverwinter for most of the day once I got my morning stuff squared away around 10:30-ish. Hopped off to make dinner. Came back and tried to log back in:

Report_zps2afff950.png

Now I can't get ahold of customer support to try and get this thing straightened out. I don't know who used my account to do this, but I'm thinking it was someone on the forums since the "New Computer" e-mail came shortly after I made several posts about the exploit (not detailing it) getting people into trouble and customer support helping people out who had been screwed up by the people using this exploit.

I would really appreciate some help getting into contact with customer support, if it's viable, Community Team.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    moldiver42moldiver42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will most likely quit if they do a full wipe. I only really progressed in things because they said their would not be one. I've spent tons of time and $ in the last few days and items that were on a limited time frame. Just logging in to craft, come back later to do again, repeat. It's fun and enjoyable , but if they wipe, it's just not worth redoing. I'll just uninstall. I've gotten the starter pack, I've bought zen. I have contributed to a well built game. But to start over not on my own accord, is enough to flat out stop playing. And do something else.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This forum thread has to be the biggest "open mouth before engaging brain" commentary that I've ever read on a gaming forum. I personally have to say a huge Kudos to PW for taking down the servers in the first place, they loose money doing so. There's a lot of people calling for a wipe/rollback without the real knowledge of what that means;

1) If they do a full server-wipe they just ripped off everyone who has purchased zen for this game. Their paying customers. Why the hell would they do this to satisfy the hundreds/thousands who don't intend to spend a dime on this game?

2) If they do a rollback, they're going to be doing the same to their paying customers, but to a lesser extent. Again, not an option if they want to keep their paying customers paying.

The best way for them to solve this dilemma is to search the server logs for all accounts who have used and abused this exploit, cross-reference their IP addresses to find any extra accounts they might have, and ban the whole lot of them. Those who purchased items from these people (which isn't me) shouldn't be punished, because they had no way of knowing their purchase wasn't legit, unless it can be easily shown they were constantly dealing in exploited items. Once the players are dealt with, PW should fix the exploit and do the best they can to repair other economy damage.

Is it a perfect solution? No, but it's the only solution that will cause the least damage to the player base. The economy will still be broken for a while (then again, tell me 1 game who's economy isn't) but it should eventually sort itself out.
  • Options
    ruex128ruex128 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats Hilarious
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    urlafeina wrote: »
    I personally think anyone who has already spent REAL MONEY on a BETA is ****ing crazy. If you are stupid enough to have already spent real money on a game in BETA and you lose it...then tough titty. Anyone who has played an MMO in BETA knows that anything is possible...a wipe, a rollback; whatever to make the game RIGHT. I can't tell you how many BETAS I've played and before the game was released they did a complete wipe and I lost whatever progress on whatever character I had created. IT'S TO BE EXPECTED....
    I've played a lot of betas too, like GW2 where we knew it would be wiped and we would get our gems refunded at launch. We were told so.
    Here we were told there would be no wipe and we have been encouraged to spend real money. Me and a lot of other gamers, might be ****ing crazy, but that does not change the facts.
  • Options
    damnyankeedamnyankee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but here we go....

1) I very, very rarely comment on forums anymore. I've played most every major MMO since Ultima Online, and there's a reason that I now mostly solo until I can't any longer, and then move on. I honestly can't stand dealing with other people. That's what real life is for, and I play games to unwind from that. Not targeted at you, but just a little personal background.

2) I'll admit, I've only been playing for two days, on a free beta key, and haven't spent any money on the game yet. My understanding is that the game is in beta and I was waiting to drop my 200$ on the drow pack once I determined if I liked it. I'm currently level 16 with the only character I have built. Based on my experience so far, I'll most likely spend the cash in the next week or two.

3) Up to this point, and I speak as someone who had a rare three hours of uninterrupted game time lost (Servers dropped just as I was finishing Cloak Tower; boss was literally at less than 3% life), I have experienced only one glitch in a quest. I forget the name of it, but it was, I think, with Denelaith (sp?) not following me out of the sewers. After a restart, I ran back through, and it worked perfectly. I have beta'ed over a dozen games, and this is the most polished one I've ever seen. Granted, I've not come very far compared to the rest of you, but I'm a casual player. I'm a representative of the target demographic that, in our silent majority, pays the way for the games the power-gamer enjoys. Your hyperbole is a reaction of your current frustration, and I understand that, but I feel it does little to forward the positive progress of this game.

4) This is just a point for others out there that I have read in my lurking on these forums. I, and the hundreds of thousands like me, who have no compunction to post on these forums, or use the AH, or spend money (for now) on Zen or AD, are waiting to see how things unfold. I honestly don't care about the state of the "virtual economy". I use what my character can find. I care more about storyline and playability than some perceived advantage. Does another character have more money or equipment than I? I don't care. Let them enjoy it, as long as I can enjoy the game in my own right. I maxxed out on DDO at 14th level. Did I reach the max level? No. Did I have the awesome gear that someone else had? No. Did I enjoy the 3+ years I played the game? Absolutely! Maybe...just maybe...it's time for MMO players to stop comparing playstyles, gear, builds, and accomplishments, and learn to enjoy the experience. I've never been in a large guild, never had the best stuff, and in only one game have I achieved max level, but I love these games because they give me never-ending content. I used to have to pay monthly for that, and was glad to do it. Now I only pay for what I want. I have no room to complain. Do any of you? Really?

Flame away.

of."turned on the flamethrower"....lol I do agree with your post and play similarly. am a quiet man so i find it best to solo
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1h
    Update: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. (1/3)
    We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game. From this info we will take corrective action. (2/3
    )

Translation mass bannings and some form of rollback...I think how dumb it is that the exploiters are saying "You banned my account but missed my mules!!"

Do they not think the devs has access to or do not read Reddit?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    t3abagg3dt3abagg3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do u change the title?..i have that pack too and cant find where to change my forum title