test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I've spent $650 in Zen and I support a Complete Wipe.

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

Besides this will have the benefit of making it easier to plan my expenditures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• Options
    solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

totally agree!
  • Options
    princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are actually considering of a wipe now.
    1368998006016.png
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Mmm Hmm. :)
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, maybe they should wipe the game every month to avoid exploits. Maybe all this is exaggerated because NO game out there is free of exploits and more important - do you actually believe that this is the last exploit that will hit the game ?
    Believing a wipe will fix all this is wishful thinking and it will make more people quit than stay because the time they invested is gone forever.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do not support a full wipe one bit. I say no.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Fix the game first then wipe it. $600?!!!! wow!
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm.. I think it would be best... I'd rather they just throw ppl a bone & start over without exploits & super-speed leveling...
    Yeah, maybe they should wipe the game every month to avoid exploits. Maybe all this is exaggerated because NO game out there is free of exploits and more important - do you actually believe that this is the last exploit that will hit the game ?
    Believing a wipe will fix all this is wishful thinking and it will make more people quit than stay because the time they invested is gone forever.
    You're kidding right? We're not talking about something tiny like the guarding fighter thing. we're talking about people essentially steeling zen & making it cost more time & effort for the entirety of the game's population. If you can differentiate then no one can help you.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    And I spent a 1000$ and am against a wipe since I dont wan't to grind through 2 level 20 professions again and lose my 60 and raid gear.
  • Options
    jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Character wipes would be one thing but if they wiped the entire servers, foundry stuff included, I would never play this game again. I've spent so much time in the foundry and the quest I'm making isn't even done, and there are others who have spent much much much more time than I have creating amazing foundry quests. For all that hard work to be gone would kill the majority of the creative community for this game.

There are many aspects to think of before calling for a wipe. Please think about that.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as they refund all PURCHASED zen. Not the astral exchange zen but those who purchased it. Ensure the founders get all their founder pack items and perks, I would not care I enjoy the game will keep playing wipe or not. Just do not take away what I spent real money on and I am fine with whatever decision they make.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably at the $400 mark after the Founder/Hero of the North packages and 3-4 $50 zen purchases.. that actually feel more useful than STO's zen purchases btw..
  • Options
    tarpsbootytarpsbooty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like most of the people who support a wipe are regretting their choices so far and that is factoring into their position. I really think the board flipping analogy somebody brought up in another thread is quite accurate. Every time something like this happens all the people who wasted their money will demand a "do over", claiming some moral high ground when really, most of them just want the money. It's greed both ways.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    Also how would they reimburse my 5 day headstart and the 3 day headstart for Guardians. One call to VISA would be enough to get a full chargeback then.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

STFU. You exploited. You lose your ****. Obviously you were raised wrong. Your parents suck.
  • Options
    exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not against a full wipe but I'd like to ask - Why wouldn't a person who has spent hundreds on the game support a full wipe if they get a their zen refunded back after the wipe? You have nothing to lose when compared to the players who have spent nothing or less, but all to gain. Kinda pointless thread proclaiming how noble you are.
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    jordanneff wrote: »
    Character wipes would be one thing but if they wiped the entire servers, foundry stuff included, I would never play this game again. I've spent so much time in the foundry and the quest I'm making isn't even done, and there are others who have spent much much much more time than I have creating amazing foundry quests. For all that hard work to be gone would kill the majority of the creative community for this game.

There are many aspects to think of before calling for a wipe. Please think about that.

As I said in another thread - the time is the valuable thing, not the money - and all those guys having nothing else to do than playing gaames are the ones asking for a wipe, any rational thinking person who has to think about what they can do with their time will not support a complete wipe.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have spent a couple hundred on this game and I am for wipe. only account wipes and return the founders items and zen purchased. No need to wipe the foundry (no i am not a foundry maker)
  • Options
    bhsnbhsn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You say that because you have money to puchase gear and don't need to work hard toget your stuff, you get an early advantage. I support a rollback, not a wipe. I enjoy playing the game, but I don't want to do it from the beginning.
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jordanneff wrote: »

I'm pretty sure when people say "wipe" they mean:

• delete all characters
    • reset achievements
    • refund zen or maintain all items purchases & refund services
    • keep all foundry data
    • give some kind of compensation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm not against a full wipe but I'd like to ask - Why wouldn't a person who has spent hundreds on the game support a full wipe if they get a their zen refunded back after the wipe? You have nothing to lose when compared to the players who have spent nothing or less, but all to gain. Kinda pointless thread proclaiming how noble you are.

Because of the invested game time. I go to uni and have a part-time job, my game time is valueable to me and having 3 weeks wiped clean is not acceptable. The auction house will recover sooner or later, there are enough AD sinks, but my 3 weeks will be gone forever.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    STFU. You exploited. You lose your ****. Obviously you were raised wrong. Your parents suck.

Yeah sure - think what you want - I did not even know about all that stuff until I had a chance to log into the game today - I am simply saying that a wipe will hit many many people who did not even know about this exploit, like myself, and the ones who actually did exploit will come up with something new in the future and wiping then again would not be an option.

Bit your answer very well does show that saecasm is a secret to some out there...
  • Options
    breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really be sad about a wipe. I got to 60 last night with my cleric, and it was a very long, hard grind.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »

People that cheated are getting banned. We don't want a wipe because we don't want to do everything over again. I've played since "Release" and put 4-12 hours a day into the game. I do NOT want to lose that.
  • Options
    pimpinaintezpimpinaintez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heres how we fix the time is valuable.. do a full wipe. increase exp and drop rates for 2 weeks
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    wipe or not i don't care i got to level 60 and full top grand regent pve and "forgot the name" pvp gear in a week of dungeon delves and became bored, idk what you people have spent hundreds of real money on there is nothing to buy for 100 let alone 600 +

on the plus for the wipe, it only takes 72 hours to reach lvl 60 blitzing quests
  • Options
    granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Moran!

I can say, I spent $10,000 in a forum and it does not make it true.

Truth be told I spent $20 and I DON'T WANT THAT WASTED!

so I call lies on your post. Just because someone cheated, does not mean everyone who has been honest and payed money has to get screwed.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Youve spent $650 and support a full wipe , even though i would like to see a full wipe but your post makes no sense .

If i was silly wnough to spend $650 on a beta of a game i would be furious but thats because i am not soneone who has rich parents , i live with my missus and we have bills to pay .

I Agree to the wipe but the whole $650 is stupid (( no offence lol ))
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    carter2o3carter2o3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback 2 days. Will it be the perfect fix and get every single person that profited from this BS, NO! BUT 2 days ago we were all happily playing, the AD-Zen rate was reasonable and 2 days is something people will be able to get over. It will hurt a little to those of us that did not do anything wrong but that's life. I don't see the point in a full wipe when things only got bad for a day. Let me ask you this. If a full wipe is the only solution (as some of you say) then what are we going to do when if it happens again a year from now? When way more people have put in hundreds of hours, Just start over again? If that's how they plan to fix exploits around here why start over? by the time i get back to where Im at some other little jerk will find a way to ruin the econmy and back we go again. Roll back a few days and lets go play!
  • Options
    vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I've spent $700 in Zen. I do not support a complete wipe.

See what I did there?
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.