test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New server for those that want a wipe.

murthusmurthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you think they should create a new server for those that want a wipe on the current servers?

In my OPINION that would be a valid move on their part.

What is your OPINION on this?
Post edited by murthus on

Comments

• fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    exactly what i am asking for, would have made this thread if i had privileges to do so.

+1!
  • ghostlakeghostlake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if they refund my zen i spent on the dead server - sure! would be a great idea.
  • skyminderskyminder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should just rollback, and refund the zen they so meticulously track.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    murthus wrote: »
    Do you think they should create a new server for those that want a wipe on the current servers?

In my OPINION that would be a valid move on their part.

What is your OPINION on this?

You do realize that they eventually plan to merge all the shards. A new one would just delay the inevitable of playing with the exploiters.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please ROLLBACK, WIPE or NEW SERVER!
    (Of course with a ZEN refund)
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a very sensible solution, probably "the best of both worlds".
    Those who complain about the broken economy could just move there, and those who don't want to lose their progress could stay.
    I think it's much better than just forcing one of the two sides to be penalized.
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would not have played over 5 days on main if there was a chance of a wipe. I would not have spent money on Zen if there would be a wipe. No I dont want a refund, my time is what is most valuable for me and they cannot replace that. They need to wipe the Zen/AD from the abusers and then let economy fix itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering they want to merge all the servers together, this will not happen, as much as we shout for it.
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. But I have purchased Zen, about $200.00 dollars since playing. I would also request that the legitimately bought Zen be refunded to the new server. Though even if it didn't, I would be willing to start over on a new server. I ended up not liking my class at higher levels. :p
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new server please
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i go where my guild is!
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Brave New Shard!

And then when that one's economy gets wrecked, new shard? And then when that one's economy gets wrecked...
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and give the people that want to move a new server the option. Start over from 0 but most importantly...
    FIX YOUR GAME!
  • lancashire70lancashire70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would support the new server idea, think it is great, let all the exploiters stay were they are :)
  • rechuchamierdarechuchamierda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and launch the new classes
  • eendddeenddd Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eu servers pls !!
  • oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    i would not have played over 5 days on main if there was a chance of a wipe. I would not have spent money on Zen if there would be a wipe. No I dont want a refund, my time is what is most valuable for me and they cannot replace that. They need to wipe the Zen/AD from the abusers and then let economy fix itself.

Exactly this - no wipe.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont seem to get it. At the end of beta all the servers will be merged into a superserver. Same way STO and CO run. So basicly all those people who started over are going to get lumped back in with the exploiters. No solution there.
    edited May 2013
    eenddd wrote: »
    Eu servers pls !!

Will that shard's economy have austerity? :D
  • jkdoble16jkdoble16 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new server? possibly... but from what I am reading they need new management. seems they actively partisapate in bad dealings with no consideration of responsibility. I believe this is the only way to fix what seems to be a corrupt group running this part the Perfect World. Or do all there worlds also have this gross mis-managment of patron's funds and items?
    "Trust Your Instincts"
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be fun to start on a fresh new server. And regarding the "they will merge anyway" reply, they could choose not to merge it if they wanted to. It doesn't have to be set in stone does it?
  • maraxmarax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New server? okay! but I want the guardian packs and zen that I bought on the new one!
  • captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    a new server with a zen reset on said new server plus included ban wave and I would be in and happy enough.
  • gurimwulfgurimwulf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is in the open "Beta" stage. Not sure how many people have dealt with beta testing a game before the actual launch but a complete wipe or start over has always been a "hazard" of playing a game in beta. As for the merging and/or creating servers, I think that would depend on the population of a given server. They will make that decision but a given server can only hold a finite amount of multiple running accounts at the same time before problems start to pop up. We will know once the game "officially" launches.
  • thetotalnorsethetotalnorse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't know if it's a good idea. I mean, I have used a lot of time on my characters. Starting anew now doesn't sound very tempting and I think many would agree with me. Of course, leveling goes fast but still there are many that aren't used to this kind questing and almost constant dungeoneering. With each dungeon lasting from 5-10 minutes to 40 minutes or maybe more, depending on how long one uses to clear the place. It does significantly slow down the leveling process for many. I love the game even though there's many bugs and glitches but a wipe doesn't sound very motivating right now.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't know if it's a good idea. I mean, I have used a lot of time on my characters. Starting anew now doesn't sound very tempting and I think many would agree with me. Of course, leveling goes fast but still there are many that aren't used to this kind questing and almost constant dungeoneering. With each dungeon lasting from 5-10 minutes to 40 minutes or maybe more, depending on how long one uses to clear the place. It does significantly slow down the leveling process for many. I love the game even though there's many bugs and glitches but a wipe doesn't sound very motivating right now.

I think that's why the OP is suggesting it as an option, and not mandatory. Some people wouldn't want to switch so this would leave them where they are.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    You do realize that they eventually plan to merge all the shards. A new one would just delay the inevitable of playing with the exploiters.

Cheers!

The economy wouldn't be broken on the new one.
    Why do people keep going on about the merge, merging 3broken servers into 1 does nothing.
    Starting again means there isn't the broken economy on the new one and there is billions of AD in it that shouldn't be.
    And yes, the exploiters ofc get banned and ip bans while they at it.
    edited May 2013
    Massively Splintered Community Online!

Any wagers on how long it would take to break a new shard's economy?
  • dezrethdezreth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are missing the point. Starting over on a new server should be a choice, not forced. You can keep playing on the current servers with the broken economy forever if you want. Cryptic can merge the old servers together as well as the population inevitably starts to decline. Let everyone who wants no part of the current broken economy have the option to start over on the new servers. No transfers except perhaps zen purchased with cash directly.

I would make the move directly. Let the cheaters and those who aren't bothered enough by it stay in their sandbox and hack at each other. The rest of us who want a fairer game world can move on and not be affected by it anymore. I see no reason for anyone to object since it would be voluntary.
    edited May 2013
    I agree, people are missing the point. We need a new challenge for the cheaters, of course they don't have to come if they don't want to. ;)