test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World, you have an awesome game. I have spent hours playing, leveling up my characters and my professions. To me it has all been a labor of love. I'm willing to give my time and attention to your dynamic creations. To that end, if a reset, or reroll is what is needed to cure the exploits of those who are attempting to destroy the game in progress: DO IT. I do not mind starting over. I do not cheat, there is no need when you are doing a thing you love. The zen I have managed to gather, I have done so by doing surveys, I really do not mind doing it again if that's what it takes to stop cheating pieces of trash. Those who claim they'll 'go play another game' are free to do so. They really haven't invested anything of value to the game anyway. I am a dedicated fan, and I am sure there are a LOT of others like me out there. So I'll say it again, if you need to wipe the servers and make us start over, so be it! Its all for the better, afterall a master work is not created over night. To those who will whine and cry about lost 'work'... whaaa go elsewhere you are not needed or desired.

A wipe is a very drastic thing and will likely cripple their game by losing them a lot of customers...paying customers. You may call people whiners who don't want to see the time they invested lost, but the fact of the matter is time is money. There is something called opportunity cost. If I can make $35 an hour, but instead choose to use that time to play a game I like, I am essentially losing that $35 in order to do something fun. If I invested 100 hours of game time to this point, that would be $3500 of time. Now you may not have a job and live off mom and dad, or you may work at a minimum wage job getting your $7 an hour so don't feel the cost as keenly, but not everyone is like that. And the people making $35 an hour are more likely to be the ones paying the money to support this game.

Aside from that however, there are other issues to take into consideration. For instance, all the pre-order packs they sold included early launch access. If they wipe at this point, they can't start everyone out at the same time unless they are prepared to refund the pack costs to all the customers that purchased them, or shut everyone out again so they can effectively re-launch the game and allow the pack owners to get their early access again, which means locking out the non pack customers for at least another 5 days.

Another point to consider is that, what happens if this isn't the only bug of this size to happen again? You expect them to wipe the game again down the road when another exploit pops up? Bugs and exploits happen all the time in MMOs. If you plan on wiping every time a big one pops up, your game is doomed. You have to come up with better solutions and alternatives. Sometimes you may even need to do drastic things, but a full on wipe is essentially a game restart. If your hand is forced to that, then you have admitted you don't know what you are doing and there is no stability or reason to trust it won't happen again. There are many people who don't want to play or more especially pay for that type of environment.

In an MMO, if you lose your momentum it will drastically affect the continued life of your game. It's happened countless times with many MMOs where they don't address some major issue fast enough, or they go too far in addressing an issue and from that point on the game is merely a hollow shell of what it once was. A wipe is as drastic an action as there is and I guarantee you if it happens, the repercussions will be fierce.
  • ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    beta2459 wrote: »
    Just posted -

Update: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts.

We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game. From this info we will take corrective action.

Estimated downtime is at least 2 more hrs. More updates soon-thanks for your support as we continue smoothing things out in Open Beta!

So, no rollback or wipe yet, exploiters will be banned & AD gains rolled back.

Sucks - I want a full wipe!

When they say AD gaines rolled back does this just mean the last day or 2? Because I heard ppl have been using the AH trick for awhile to get AD but it just recently blew up and lots started to do it. So the question is how far will they roll AD gains back?
  • jimbosaurusjimbosaurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolz, did today 38-46 lvling + some blue items... it would suck to start over it...

anyway what was the bug? what was all that with those cats :/

****, double post.
    ty killsmallchildr1!

The free market has spoken, cats are the new currency.
  • yilaneyilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just ban the exploiters entire PW account. They knew what they were doing so they deserve it annyway. Then im all for a server whipe as long as they give us back the Zen we put into the game. Then eveything is fixed. lving is fast inhere annyway :)
  • exile17exile17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get all of these dang exploiters out of the game. People like that should not even be playing videogames if they want everything just handed to them :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So some exploiters have ruined everyones day. Hope they feel proud. Go tell your Mom how cool you feel. She was right you know. If it feels wrong it probably is. (Note that I am over 60, and yes I do still care how Mom thinks of me).

Currently I have 4 toons at level 50 and a roll back or wipe may be possible.

How does that make me feel !?

Simple actually. I entered this game knowing there was a Beta tag on the end of it. So <shrug>. Games like Rift and others had rollbacks almost weekly for a short spell during start up. It is what it is.

I am not going to say I would enjoy it (roll or wipe), but I will roll up the sleeves and dive back in.

Even in a wipe scenario there is little loss over all since Zen, etc is tied to the account. Maybe we can all look at this as a good thing. All the mistakes you made during the initial go through can be done right. By the time you ARE 60, a respec would not be necessary since you now have a better understanding of where you really wanted those skill sets to go.

During my work history I was involved in several New And Improved marketing schemes. What these normally meant was that the company found a way to make the same thing cheaper, and sadly, sometimes it cost the consumer more for the N&I label. Point here is that these people work for a specific company. They are going to do whatever they feel is best for the company. I would expect nothing less.

Twitter and forums still say 6 EST. Wait for it and roll with whatever decision they resolve is best. For us maybe, for them certainly.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • bmgropeybmgropey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unban the accounts, complete wipe the server once you've found the remaining exploits, make the dungeon drops Bind on Pickup rather than Bind on Equip.

Here is a list of the unbalanced exploits we've seen so far, far from complete I'm sure
    1. 1-60 in an hour using quest share
    2. Profession Asset quest exploit
    3. CW and GF one shotting bosses to get BiS gear and flood the market to screw up the economy and progression
    4. AD explosion and Zen market flood
  • entremisentremis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been wanting to play but broke my wrist and been wearing a cast for several weeks. I vote for a wipe/reset :)

On a serious note, I just cannot see how there can be a good solution for PWE and all playing parties. It's damage control. I prefer a wipe/reset but those that have put forth their time and money legitimately should not be punished. I hope PWE has measures in place they can quickly and accurately assess the bad apples and laundering activities.
  • sw33tch33kssw33tch33ks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how some people are screaming for "No rollback, No wipe."
    Even if they ban all the exploiters(which is impossible,) The effects of these exploits will remain in the economy for weeks, even months after.
    The only way to fix this, is to resolve the issue, and ensure that they aren't repeatable, and then do a full wipe. This will clear ALL the ill-gotten ad/items which may be spread out over tens of thousands of accounts.
    This is the ONLY way to fix the issues from these exploits.

Actually, every transaction is logged in a database. Who it's from, and who it's to and when the transaction was made. They can run a script that finds every -AD transaction and then run another script on those accounts that recursively rolls back every step until every last AD is accounted for. If people sold an item on the AH to somebody who used the exploit, the person will get their item back. If they spent the AD on something, that item will get taken away.

Not a crisis and not game breaking, the sky isn't falling.
  • exstremistexstremist Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Oh yea, your a real genius, first off pal, I spent a ton of time on several chars and leveling them. I also spent a great deal of time and my ADs buying I wanted for those chars. There is no way they are going to do a wipe, and if they did I will be the first one to sue their asses off to no end.

I'm not going to go through leveling all my chars to 60 again. just because some idiots are exploiting the game. In your moronic mind, lets wipe the server to fix it. okay genius what about the next time there's an exploit? are we supposed to wipe the servers again and again and have everyone one keep re-leveling their chars?

Ill tell you what, stop playing the game, you will be much happier. until then shut up! This is what banning is for, if someone is deliberately taking advantage of the system, you Permanently ban them. end of story!!

The most realistic comment i saw in last month. +1 totally agree
  • exile17exile17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yilane wrote: »
    Just ban the exploiters entire PW account. They knew what they were doing so they deserve it annyway. Then im all for a server whipe as long as they give us back the Zen we put into the game. Then eveything is fixed. lving is fast inhere annyway :)
    that won't do much ban account? Bam make a new account.Ban IP? Bam use a diffrent computer somewhere else or IP changer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hendrixfoxhendrixfox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something else to consider...
    Sure, go ahead and do a full wipe, it'll be the best thing PWE could do for Trion!
    What's that you say, this is a Cryptic game, not a Trion one? Certainly--but given their own F2P switchover is happening in just a couple of weeks, I'm sure they'd be thrilled by the additional incoming players who decide re-building from zero after a wipe isn't worth it. Especially when it costs legitimate players real money. (I'm presuming that PWE *could* restore the Zen of those they have records of actual payment transactions for, but those who earned it via legitimate AD trading would be out of luck--not to mention that I wouldn't have much confidence with even that, given my recent experience with their Offers/Surveys system, where they've refused to credit me with Zen earned despite buying the product from the offer).
  • maxamotomaxamoto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know of some people who sold the zen for real money also.. So a real big possibility that the exploit netted them some quick cash too.
  • stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charezon wrote: »
    The least I want is a 24 hour rollback, otherwise I'll be opening a dispute with PayPal as well. It's time that PWE show how serious they take this kind of exploit.

As much as I hate it without 100% full wipe I'm going to dispute on my transactions with PayPal. 3 weeks of lost gameplay is nothing I was planning to stick with the game for years to come hence my support but this is turning into a fraud.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    benidict10 wrote: »
    This exploit has existed for weeks!

As a legitimate player of the game ...i have now read 23 pages of an exploit , i never even relised exsisted. i level my toon every day i buy nothing from the AH. as there is no need too , i certainly wouldnt trust cryptic with my credit card details , so they can keep there zen , which by all accounts is worthless , and i collect just enough AD so i can buy a injury kit ect .Roll back wipe i dont give too hoots ...ive not payed a dime for this game , and never would, not after cryptic completly messed up STO. ! .So give me a new class too try in your f2p mmo ...and wipe back too the start suits me :).

Let me help you with that...

*I
    *realised
    *existed
    *I
    *wouldn't
    *their
    *I
    *I
    *I
    *don't
    *two
    *I've
    *to

The favourite part of your post however was the highly creative use of spacing, that was really quite something!
  • mystic586mystic586 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a member of the Beta community, I just want to take a minute to say think you for keeping us informed of the situation. Many times in the past, other game companies didn't see fit to release the status of a problem to their players unless they started screaming. It's nice to know the Developers are taking the time to let us know what's going on.

Whatever the solution eventually is, I am sure it will be done after taking all factors into account.
  • cuedainya42cuedainya42 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a serious exploit is what it is. Serious enough to send the server down for at least 3 hours on the weekend. I think that goes without saying.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IF there is a rollback, and it wipes out the quest I've been working on for so many hours, I will quit this, and so will hundreds of other Foundry authors. I had no idea about any exploit, nor do I care about the game's economy. I'm a level 18 rogue with crappy gear, and hardly any AD, because I spent my time trying to create content for other players to enjoy rather than whining about what other people are doing or trying to get rich fast by cheating. I don't deserve to be punished because other people whine and cheat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ledgicm8ledgicm8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, every transaction is logged in a database. Who it's from, and who it's to and when the transaction was made. They can run a script that finds every -AD transaction and then run another script on those accounts that recursively rolls back every step until every last AD is accounted for. If people sold an item on the AH to somebody who used the exploit, the person will get their item back. If they spent the AD on something, that item will get taken away.

Not a crisis and not game breaking, the sky isn't falling.

^This, really. If anyone here honestly believes they don't have databases of all the transactions/mail sent in game, then you clearly don't have much experience with MMOs. Everything is filed and tracked to easily remedy these situations exactly.

As for balancing the economy, rather than relying on a wipe, the community should band together and sort this **** themselves. We're in control of the economy at the end of the day, we can easily fix it if we weren't too busy being dickheads.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My input: I would be satisfied with a complete server wipe - in fact I'd support it very much as long as we get our 5 exclusive days and have the free players wait for our head-start again. That would be fair and logical, and it'd give us a chance to refresh our characters and do things differently that we wish we had done during the first few days of play :)
  • jackon23jackon23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love to see the staff of a game take charge like this. Shows you that they care for the community and want the game to be fair for everyone. Good work guys, hope it doesn't take long.
  • scoteinocscoteinoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bmgropey wrote: »
    Unban the accounts, complete wipe the server once you've found the remaining exploits, make the dungeon drops Bind on Pickup rather than Bind on Equip.

Here is a list of the unbalanced exploits we've seen so far, far from complete I'm sure
    1. 1-60 in an hour using quest share
    2. Profession Asset quest exploit
    3. CW and GF one shotting bosses to get BiS gear and flood the market to screw up the economy and progression
    4. AD explosion and Zen market flood

... and who knows how many many more ........ ITS SAD!

p.s
    Why ppl are able to Need gear that is not their Class ??????
  • mortmagemortmage Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @PW

I paid $200 for the HoN Founder's Pack and have spent $150 on Zen. I anticipate spending quite a bit more.

I have spent every spare hour playing this game.

I am in favor of a reset.
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even know what exploit they are talking about, I have been so busy pve leveling, I am a 54 cleric now, actually gained 4 levels yesterday cause the little woman was gone all day, I had a leveling marathon, it would be so lame to lose levels based on this

I have to give PW some latitude here and hope they figure a way to penalize the exploiters and replace whatever damage was done without losing my character

I may actually shed a tear, believe me when I say, if you do dungeon dailies and you are a cleric, it aint an easy way to level, just saying, I would hate to repeat the work again leveling a cleric, I like her just the way she is now

I admit I made some mistakes over time that had I known about in-game would have made playing my character easier, but that's why I have other character slots :)

GL PW
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like playing the game.
    I like creating characters
    I purchased both Packs
    I purchased quite a bit of ZEN

I am not asking for my money back
    As long as I get the AD and ZEN I spent money on, reset the game.

I may be a bit upset at the 'wasted' time spent but to reset and fir the economy (and any bugs/exploits) I am for it.

Oh. ANd put that butoon back on top of the game screen and set it up to report bugs and exploits. Hopefulls hones players with report a bug or exploit as soon as he finds it (and help prevent this from happeneing in the future)

Just my 2AD (Before inflation)
  • jeremy0683jeremy0683 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what the exploit is/was, but I did just buy my first cash currency (payed $30 for 3000 zed or zen or something) so I could buy the Golem in the cash shop. If there is a rollback or a wipe, with those of us who bought the cash currency be refunded the amount so we can re-buy or cash shop items?
  • nodensnttnodensntt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipes or anything of the sort is needed. Not even a global rollback. All accounts that have exploited the issue can and will be identified. Those accounts can be banned. If they stockpiled any AD/Zen on mule accounts, those accounts can also be identified and banned. All it takes is a few database queries and tracing logs on flagged accounts which is what they are currently doing. This is just a time consuming process.

All I see here is a lot of fearmongering from people who do not realize how these things work. Which is understandable. Please relax and let them finish their work.
    I also see a lot of "founders" claiming this and that without even being founders (founders can easily be identified by the "Hero of the North" or "Guardian" forum titles under their names--like you can see on mine).
    Spamming this thread with opinions on what you think should be done is absolutely pointless. Specially when you have no idea what is and what is not feasible technically.
    The only people who have anything to fear about this are the ones who used the exploit. Just relax, take a breath and wait for them to finish. No catastrophic unrepairable damage was done.
  • tealcobalttealcobalt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's funny that people complain so hard about this going on in the game and being left in the dark.

When in the real world your always in the dark do you realize that your being scammed every day? Do you realize you do not get a receipt for what Government spends taxes on? Do you realize as an American citizen you are not allowed to know where the money goes all you know is 50% goes straight into military projects we have no right to know about... Trillions of dollars go missing and our own government can't explain it and won't explain it because your not allowed to know even though it's your right to know. The CIA is allowed by law to take as much money as they want from any division of the government with no disclosure and answer to no one.

All this real insane stuff going on in the world and your crying more over a game and its broken economy that you have absolutely no control over.

So people exploited and now your calling AD and Zen worthless because there is so much around... seriously complaining about game economy what a joke. Have you seen the amount of money there is in the real world? Trillions and trillions Gas/oil alone is a 600 trillion dollar industry looks to me like Gas/oil have been exploiting people for years don't forget the banks they hold everyone's money so they have even more but guess whats even better the five top banks are owned by the five top Gas/oil companies so who owns your Government when the Government became corrupt and sold the banks and now have no control over the money. They own 51% of the worlds income/money and you tell me they don't run the world? You realize there is only 6-7 billion people on the planet. Why does poverty exist? Where is middle class going? Why are all the problems still around and getting progressively worse when there's more than enough money and to fix all of them.

I can make a company now days to and make a game and call it open beta and sell items for real money and then I could even close it down before it ever became retail and have pocketed some of that money and all the people that spent money on the game that wasn't "technically" out and well to bad for you the game wasn't out and you knew the entire time they can cancel it and you would probably get no money back. When you scam people the right way it's not against the law **** look at the Government and see what they created and **** they still got taken over and became corrupt by money and power. More people get away doing corrupt things than good look at the alcohol and tobacco companies they get away with murder lol... Everyone seems to be okay with that fact but the companies they only see it as money. Seriously calling a game open beta or any type of beta at all and charging money selling items is just another scam that is legal to get away with. Sorry but once you start charging money your game is retail in less it's donations.

Oh and don't forget how many people are addicted to pharmaceutical drugs in which I don't understand why you would ever even think about taking something that has over 20 side effects and one of them is "may cause death" if this occurs call your doctor right away... Really think the people making them drugs don't know what every single ingredient effect has on the body? Really don't think there's natural cures for everything? Maybe you need to take a good look at the perfect example of a planet we live on to show you what is possible. For example notice the planet has free wireless energy that it generates itself go learn about the ionosphere. Why make a cure for cancer you would put thousands of people out of jobs... probably why it's patent was never released just like the 5200+ free energy patents that are missing. For example if it's superior to Gas/oil in every single way why let the public know about it when you can stamp classified on it and continue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the people and the planet for money, power and control?

You tried to win the lotto? **** if everyone in the world gave everyone 1$ that's 6 billion times easier than winning the lotto and plus your going to have 6+ billion dollars. The lotto just scams your *** and pockets the money.

My question to you is what is currency worth seriously? Can you not figure it out it causes the same **** thing in the real world as it does in games.

Seriously stop crying about this problem it's not even that big of a deal because after all it's only "Open Beta" right?

Welcome to Earth controlled by corporatism.
  • atomicp79atomicp79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World, you have an awesome game. I have spent hours playing, leveling up my characters and my professions. To me it has all been a labor of love. I'm willing to give my time and attention to your dynamic creations. To that end, if a reset, or reroll is what is needed to cure the exploits of those who are attempting to destroy the game in progress: DO IT. I do not mind starting over. I do not cheat, there is no need when you are doing a thing you love. The zen I have managed to gather, I have done so by doing surveys, I really do not mind doing it again if that's what it takes to stop cheating pieces of trash. Those who claim they'll 'go play another game' are free to do so. They really haven't invested anything of value to the game anyway. I am a dedicated fan, and I am sure there are a LOT of others like me out there. So I'll say it again, if you need to wipe the servers and make us start over, so be it! Its all for the better, afterall a master work is not created over night. To those who will whine and cry about lost 'work'... whaaa go elsewhere you are not needed or desired.

EXACTLY. Besides, leveling is incredibly fast in this game. While pay to play games make everything a lengthy grind to keep your monthly sub., in Neverwinter you gain a level every 4-5 quest turn ins. Sure, I'm only lvl 51 but I've played most MMO's since Everquest I and would be no where as close to max level in those games as I am in this one with my current play style.
  • awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I'm admittedly only L40, but I'm fine with a rollback or a complete wipe, so long as my Zen purchases get refunded. However, if this is more about protecting the income interests of Perfect World, and less about improving the game for the players, then I'll be moving on. That's been the case in the last couple of patches, where exploits that could hurt their bottom line were fixed before problems that we've been screaming about.