test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

any upcoming games to recommend ?

smuffinssmuffins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all!
As title states, any upcoming games to recommend?
(something that will be coming out within the next 2-3 months)

Don't even want to think about the situation here anymore haha.
There is absolutely no way no matter what is done that everyone will be
happy with the outcome. :rolleyes:
Post edited by smuffins on

Comments

• Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rift f2p next month
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    b4sikb4sik Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Rift is going F2P
    Wildstar is going to be open beta soon-ish
    TESO is going to release this year
  • Options
    teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tera online is some what like Neverwinter. It has the action MMORPG aspects. Lot more hot keys but more polished game as it's been out for a year and recently F2P. Also, fair business practice.

RIFT F2p, typical hotkey mmo is going F2P next month.
  • Options
    xart3misxart3mis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    Tera online is some what like Neverwinter. It has the action MMORPG aspects. Lot more hot keys but more polished game as it's been out for a year and recently F2P. Also, fair business practice.

RIFT F2p, typical hotkey mmo is going F2P next month.

lel.
    tera is ****. case closed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oo TESO might be interesting; hope i can find some gameplay footage online.
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Didn't take long for this game to die, saw it coming a mile away to be honest. A company that cares more about the money they can bring in over the quality of their game in general is bound to fail.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    FFXIV is about it for now until Pathfinder Online comes out.
  • Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    Didn't take long for this game to die, saw it coming a mile away to be honest. A company that cares more about the money they can bring in over the quality of their game in general is bound to fail.

This is what most f2p games are all about.

As for Rift, it is going to probably fail as well because Trion just recently laid off like over 50% of the staff.
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    rhaksharhaksha Member, Banned Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, Neverwinter is good game, but the devs really missed the exploiters bus for sure. Only really way to fix it is to wipe the characters and refund the zen people have legally purchased. Other than that well......Wildstar looks fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »

As for Rift, it is going to probably fail as well because Trion just recently laid off like over 50% of the staff.

They said Rift wasn't effected by layoffs. Mainly Defiance.
  • Options
    joedrag0njoedrag0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b4sik wrote: »
    Rift is going F2P

Whered you hear Wildstar is going to open beta soonish? It's currently in CB2 with a potential stress test weekend coming up. But there will be a CB3 and probably CB4 long before an open beta. I don't expect an open beta before fall.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you like wingcomander 1 and 2 ? Or privateer on your old 486 , need a math co-processor to use the speech pack ? Comeing next year , buy in now for beta access later this year .
    https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
  • Options
    mirage113mirage113 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its summer , camping , fishing , surfing , parties, ladies all the summer fun with a tan , come back in the fall see whats new
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Yea I was looking for a thread like this to see what I will most likely be playing next and it looks like I have a couple good choices, as well as some old ones I can go back too. I really really hope they fix this with a wipe, but doubtful that is going to happen. I really enjoyed this game too, but the early exploits were almost enough for me to quit, then more came and I just thought ok well ive done a good job making diamonds and leveling my professions so I didn't want to start over, but screw that now, wipe it all. I've spent too much money on this game (I know I was stupid), but the utility I was getting from it seemed well worth the money. :(
  • Options
    jaer44jaer44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FFXIV isn't all that great, there's already better games out now that do more than it currently does.

Wildstar looks really interesting, I do like the attitude and openness that the developer has had lately regarding the game.

TESO is too much of a question at the moment. They haven't shown any raw game footage yet (other than the leaked beta video). So it's hard to say whether it'll actually be worth buying.

Rift was cool when I played it in beta and a few months after release, I may return to it to play my lv. 50 rogue and warrior, One thing I didn't like about Rift was how you could macro literally everything to a few keys for combat.

Tera, eh, I have 3 lv. 60 characters in full regent and I have no desire to return, no end game anymore.

I'm looking out for Blade and Soul, the combat looks interesting, and they're supposedly redesigning the quest system to be more westernized (less grind than the Korean ver.), but who knows how long it'll be before it's released.

I'm also trying out Ragnarok II (meh), Dragon's Prophet (blah, combat isn't all that great), Age of Wushu (deep game, open world/sandbox) and Warframe (decent game, fun with friends).
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queen's Blade just came out. It's f2p, fun, no exploits, and well done.
    And well <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cats Online - Meow
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »

oh dang, its by ncsoft.
    i never play their games anymore.
    [dumb support, bad decisions & a/c deletion upon inactivity]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jaer44 wrote: »
    FFXIV isn't all that great, there's already better games out now that do more than it currently does.

Wildstar looks really interesting, I do like the attitude and openness that the developer has had lately regarding the game.

TESO is too much of a question at the moment. They haven't shown any raw game footage yet (other than the leaked beta video). So it's hard to say whether it'll actually be worth buying.

Rift was cool when I played it in beta and a few months after release, I may return to it to play my lv. 50 rogue and warrior, One thing I didn't like about Rift was how you could macro literally everything to a few keys for combat.

Tera, eh, I have 3 lv. 60 characters in full regent and I have no desire to return, no end game anymore.

I'm looking out for Blade and Soul, the combat looks interesting, and they're supposedly redesigning the quest system to be more westernized (less grind than the Korean ver.), but who knows how long it'll be before it's released.

I'm also trying out Ragnarok II (meh), Dragon's Prophet (blah, combat isn't all that great), Age of Wushu (deep game, open world/sandbox) and Warframe (decent game, fun with friends).

great post; lots of info :D
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    ELDER SCROLLS MMO thats what i am waiting for.

I bet right now the team dev that game are actually alpha testing it and LOOKING FOR EXPLOITS
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »

They laid off people from the defiance side of trion, defiance turned out to be a flop, but rift is probaly the best mmo out there atm over all, tons of content, pvp, AA system multiple specs, whats not to like, oh the dimensions are pretty cool if your into building your own houses and stuff http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/dimensions/

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php
  • Options
    jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    My most wanted list is something like...

Divinity: Original Sin (turn based isometric co-op rpg)
    Dark Souls 2 (3rd person action rpg)
    Grim Dawn (isometric action rpg)
    Planetary Annihilation (RTS)

and more probably
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it's not an MMO but Borderlands 2 is a pretty fun action/RPG/FPS game with a pretty solid online community.
  • Options
    antonn13antonn13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the FFXIV recommendations, the game is getting redesigned. Tho I still wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b4sik wrote: »
    Rift is going F2P

Wouldn't touch wildstar with a 10 foot pole, it's an NCsoft game.

Wouldn't touch TESO with a 20 foot pole, Castle from CoH is on that, there was a guy who had no trouble with players getting the brown end for his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ups.

Rift sounds interesting mostly because I know little about it :D
  • Options
    rzepakmanrzepakman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon's Prophet is still in closed beta, but really fun. It along with Wildstar are probably my most anticipated mmo's.

Other than that I would suggest people check out the game Panzar because it's amazing and I am not talking only of the CryEngine3 graphics.
  • Options
    agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tera's a great game by far the best combat system and level design I have ever seen in an mmo to date and more importantly it free to play now but if I had to pick an uupcoming mmo id say elder scrolls online
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch wildstar with a 10 foot pole, it's an NCsoft game.

Wouldn't touch TESO with a 20 foot pole, Castle from CoH is on that, there was a guy who had no trouble with players getting the brown end for his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ups.

Rift sounds interesting mostly because I know little about it :D

have fun touching yrself then. lol