Options

any upcoming games to recommend ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rzepakmanrzepakman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agentdark wrote: »
    Tera's a great game by far the best combat system and level design I have ever seen in an mmo to date and more importantly it free to play now but if I had to pick an uupcoming mmo id say elder scrolls online

I would agree that it has a great combat system, but level design? How so? I've always felt that while the world in TERA looks great, it does not feel like a world, rather like maps.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rift is a very solid game. LOTs of very good and challenging raid content. If you do not raid there is GW2 (though this gets old fast). League of Legends is fun if you like PvP.

EQ2 is a very solid mature game with enough content to keep you going for at least a year or 2. A lot of folks have a love hate relationship with SoE though... However everyone always has to admit they are innovators... and nearly all MMO features you see today is a copy from SoE playbook. Very few are original.

If you like F2P and like PvP... and are looking for something of a twist, Atlantica Online is very solid. Though if you complain about pay2win... you might want to look else were. You can easily drop 10k on this gem to be competitive.
  • Options
    rzepakmanrzepakman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Secret World is worth checking out. The quests are very well written and there's an dense atmosphere that most games do not have.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also keep an eye out for Elder Scroll Online... this game will be the next MUST have. For me... PWE has until Elder Scroll release time to get their act together...
    On a side note I currently play League of Legends, Rift, GW2, and this game of course.

I almost forgot about my all time favorite game if your into old school...

tsunami.thebigwave.net

check them out if you like retro LPMUDs
  • Options
    agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rzepakman wrote: »
    I would agree that it has a great combat system, but level design? How so? I've always felt that while the world in TERA looks great, it does not feel like a world, rather like maps.
    tera's maps are pretty expansive man using unreals engine backround level streaming you and walk from one end of the world to other
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch wildstar with a 10 foot pole, it's an NCsoft game.

Wouldn't touch TESO with a 20 foot pole, Castle from CoH is on that, there was a guy who had no trouble with players getting the brown end for his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ups.

Rift sounds interesting mostly because I know little about it :D

Elder Scrolls Online is going to be the next big hit. Don't get me wrong I love NWO but ESO is the game I've been looking for since I first played Morrowind back in 2002.

ESO's newest preview shows a truely interactive MMO, it's gonna be epic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RIFT IS HORRIBLE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH IT no end game awful pvp balance forever to get gear and terrible mechanics make it horrible
  • Options
    bluarcherbluarcher Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no way in hell will i ever play wildstar or any game owned by NCSOFT
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »

I havent heard of this wildstar mmo before until I clicked that link.

That has to be the gayest **** ive ever seen in my life.

Props if youre stoked for it, but it looks incredibly stupid to me. I actually went and found gameplay video of it from totalbiscuit. Meh.
  • Options
    skiter1337skiter1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really looking forward to Wildstar It's devs are vets of mmos (A lot of vanilla WoW devs) They understand most of us have played 10 or more MMOs and want to deliver a new experience (If you can handle their humor). It just looks well done and very polished with an art style that is going to age well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwmRTegcB68

(My opinion)
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skiter1337 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to Wildstar It's devs are vets of mmos (A lot of vanilla WoW devs) They understand most of us have played 10 or more MMOs and want to deliver a new experience (If you can handle their humor). It just looks well done and very polished with an art style that is going to age well.

(My opinion)

I personally don't think I can get past Wildstar's Art Style. I'm not a graphics junkie by any stretch of the imagination but the cartooney gfx are just too over the top even for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    skiter1337skiter1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    I personally don't think I can get past Wildstar's Art Style. I'm not a graphics junkie by any stretch of the imagination but the cartooney gfx are just too over the top even for me.

Your opinion but its an art style that works in MMOs its one of the reasons WoW lasted. I like it I think it's nice and colorful but everyone has their own views thats why there are so many game choices. :D