test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs respond now please!

13»

Comments

• aelr3naelr3n Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The people that hacked the AH and found a way to make unlimited AD should all be permanently banned. That is a serious offence and it should not be tolerated. For those who did the stupid pirate and temple of the spider glitch a 72 hour ban is more than enough.
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to permanently ban anyone. It's the curse of free-to-play games. The game economy is permanently wrecked. Poking about in the database to try and track the infinite Astral Diamonds floating around is pointless. It's serious enough to warrant a wipe.

They called it Open Beta. I know they said there wouldn't be a wipe, but that didn't take the complete destruction of the game into account.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    If only they did like a "closed beta" and tested these things out before hand.

They should have shut down the servers immediately upon learning of this exploit. Fracking idiots.

Edit:
    Its too late for a wipe now. The people that were honest and bought Zen would all do chargebacks and then PWE will have even a bigger issue.
  • incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, they can wipe and then credit accounts with Zen purchased with real money. Everyone would lose their character levels and items, but wouldn't lose their purchased Zen. Astral Diamond-purchased Zen would of course be wiped.
  • dahkohtdahkoht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simply do a chargeback if they don't wipe it and start over with a complete reset of all bought packs/ZEN and so on. Any decent CC company will side with you on a request for a chargeback listing "inferior product" as the reason. Fairly simple. They get thousands of chargebacks they will then get pummeled by the CC companies for charges and blocked on their own side.

I love their game , but their silence , shoddy Q/A , and overall lack of support makes me not want to support them.
  • krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Hey, everyone. We appreciate your enthusiasm on this matter and assure you that we take this very seriously. This is still an ongoing investigation. We will continue to look at all possible causes, solutions, and consequences as a result.

If your account was affected, please contact our Support Team, https://support.perfectworld.com/, for a more private discussion. We don't want to publicly shame anyone and ensure you, the Neverwinter community, that any actions taken are done so with the community's best interest in mind.

Don't bother contacting the "support team" because it doesn't exist or if it does they don't actually do anything. Stop acting like you guys have all of this under control, you don't. Accounts are being stolen and you're doing NOTHING about it. Now exploits are happening like mad and you're doing the same... NOTHING.
  • nuitaransnuitarans Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    seleana3 wrote: »
    hey i resent your post i have 3 characters with around or close to 13mil AD on each and i didn't exploit anything to get where i am i realize that not everyone has the same amount of time i do to put into a characters or generally the same amount of time just to play the game in the first place but not everyone that has 3 or more 60's didn't exploit. not that your not correct I just wanted to point out that not all exploited to get where they are today, nicely said non the less.

If you have the time to put into those characters, you also more than likely have the time to learn how to use capital letters. Please remember that capitals are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
  • atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    phaasma wrote: »
    Thanks for your response!

I would like to say this on behalf of a lot of people that are currently suspended: Many of my friends have been banned from just being in a party with people that were exploiting. For instance one of my guildies was banned for joining a dungeon finder with a GF that was exploiting the damage bug. He had no knowledge that was going to be the case and he got punished for it. I dont really see how that is fair and i dont believe people should have been banned for just being in a party with someone like that.
    it is not his fault if devs fail when it comes to writing mmo combat code...
    at the moment there are only "known" issues adressin
    how about the "unknown" issues..
    how come a coder, design something and not test it properly for bugs and exploits..
    there are gamer teams out there in the world.. they tests games inside to outside for lil bit of cash.. they are all old school gamers been famous of many old exploits in many games.. easy to reach easy to find..
    if you trust your million of dollars to dumbs who has no proper gaming culture this is what you get at the end >>> Neverwinter Online "Open-beta"
    edited May 2013
    Double post.
    edited May 2013
    atlanticx1 wrote: »
    it is not his fault if devs fail when it comes to writing mmo combat code...
    at the moment there are only "known" issues adressin
    how about the "unknown" issues..
    how come a coder, design something and not test it properly for bugs and exploits..
    there are gamer teams out there in the world.. they tests games inside to outside for lil bit of cash.. they are all old school gamers been famous of many old exploits in many games.. easy to reach easy to find..
    if you trust your million of dollars to dumbs who has no proper gaming culture this is what you get at the end >>> Neverwinter Online "Open-beta"

One thing that's worse than an exploiter is an exploiter that tries to excuse his/her behavior by blaming the devs. People like you should be blacklisted from all video games ever made because you'll just ruin the next one as well.

People like you should also be banned from all forms of written language until you repeat the second grade.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for posting your feedback and thoughts here. Responding to exploits and keeping the game balanced is a huge priority for us.

That said, there were a few recent exploits in the game that allowed players to defeat bosses at a rate higher than intended (by re-spawning them) or without the appropriate level of challenge (by utilizing a glitch that would cause a player's damage to be way higher than it should have been).

Both of these issues have, to our knowledge, been resolved in the recent patches. However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

Any notifications of bans will likely take place over private one-to-one correspondence between us and the individuals, however we do plan to make an announcement when we have completed the investigation and follow up actions so that everyone can be aware that our target milestone of maintaining the game's balance and economy has been met.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

I kindly request, and suggest, that you avoid punishing the entirety of the player base with wipes or days-wide rollbacks. A rollback used within hours can be a necessary inconvenience; a days-wide dragnet rollback is a punch in the gut to every honest player on behalf of a few criminals/exploiters.

If you have criminals to punish, then please go and find them, and punish them directly--and I hope that you will. If you're unable to do that, then please take a long, thoughtful look at your game mastering and administration tools. If you sacrifice days of progress for your entire playerbase on behalf of the criminal element, you're still giving the criminal element the last word. That's an unnecessary and unearned punishment for the rest of us.

All I've done is play and enjoy and love your game. I sincerely request not to be punished for this.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Go ask people about exploits, I'm sure for some people dropping mobs with a control spell might be an exploit. Overkilling a boss might be an exploit since you get loot few more times... but still you killed it first, I never did it but as far as I know a lot innocent people get punished directly or undirectly by those exploits especially the AD one.

What is done is done the truth is, sad as it is banning those people that did dungeons won't change a thing at all (those items overflown the market for over a week). Game mechanic is designed in such way that I can hardly imagine updates those fixes in such pace improving the economy. There was simply too much of these and as banning few people may seem sweet it won't repair the game... at all. The AD bug is just too much, you may say that it's all fine and economy will get back well you obviously wither don't care too much or you don't know too much, every game with such problems turned out to be ruined garbage. I really hope all responsible people will get banned and no one will get harmed but it simply won't happen ... It never does work that way.

In the end if it is hard to make things work properly at first place it will be even harder to repair them when they are already in motion
  • xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for posting your feedback and thoughts here. Responding to exploits and keeping the game balanced is a huge priority for us.

That said, there were a few recent exploits in the game that allowed players to defeat bosses at a rate higher than intended (by re-spawning them) or without the appropriate level of challenge (by utilizing a glitch that would cause a player's damage to be way higher than it should have been).

Both of these issues have, to our knowledge, been resolved in the recent patches. However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

Any notifications of bans will likely take place over private one-to-one correspondence between us and the individuals, however we do plan to make an announcement when we have completed the investigation and follow up actions so that everyone can be aware that our target milestone of maintaining the game's balance and economy has been met.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

after you have found and banned the exploiters, JUST WIPE THE DATABASE CLEAN !! its the only way to make sure, otherwise you run the risk of the game being totally corrupted for the entire life of the game....

This is Open Beta, so a Wipe is still a possibility... once you get to Release no one will tolerate a Wipe of the Database... you are protected right now under Open Beta to Wipe the Database at any given time...
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after you have found and banned the exploiters, JUST WIPE THE DATABASE CLEAN !! its the only way to make sure, otherwise you run the risk of the game being totally corrupted for the entire life of the game....

This is Open Beta, so a Wipe is still a possibility... once you get to Release no one will tolerate a Wipe of the Database... you are protected right now under Open Beta to Wipe the Database at any given time...

nwnowipe.jpg

;)
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Sunday, which means not everyone is available and they're undoubtedly still trying to figure things out. If you must panic, do it on Monday.

Better yet, don't panic. And carry a towel!
  • xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    nwnowipe.jpg

;)

I dont know why you are smiling for ?? it means the game will be corrupted for all time, the game will be tainted with corruption and the only way to deal with such corruption is to WIPE THE DATABASE CLEAN....

All other games in the past have dealt with Corruption in the same way... its best for everyone and is the only true solution...

you just smiling just means you have no **** clue what a corrupted game Neverwinter online will be for the entire life of the game...
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know why you are smiling for ?? it means the game will be corrupted for all time, the game will be tainted with corruption and the only way to deal with such corruption is to WIPE THE DATABASE CLEAN....

All other games in the past have dealt with Corruption in the same way... its best for everyone and is the only true solution...

you just smiling just means you have no **** clue what a corrupted game Neverwinter online will be for the entire life of the game...

Well if the game fails , whatever I'll just move on to play something else in my free time .
  • phaasmaphaasma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, everyone. We appreciate your enthusiasm on this matter and assure you that we take this very seriously. This is still an ongoing investigation. We will continue to look at all possible causes, solutions, and consequences as a result.

If your account was affected, please contact our Support Team, https://support.perfectworld.com/, for a more private discussion. We don't want to publicly shame anyone and ensure you, the Neverwinter community, that any actions taken are done so with the community's best interest in mind.

Just letting you know that the accounts that have been banned are unable to send in tickets in game obviously. People that are banned also cant log in to the forums to check for more info. Also, the people that have sent in tickets via emails have yet to get a response in 2 days. Now seeing as almost all of these people were banned for three days and some of them were wrongfully banned, how can you not be responding to their emails within this time period. I know many people who are outraged by this and just want to see some sort of action from your support team.