test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs respond now please!

phaasmaphaasma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So you guys are banning all these people for "exploiting". How about a little clarification as to what exatly the exploit is? How about instead of just mass banning people and not giving them a real reason, you guys inform the community of your reasoning? Learn how to manage a game please...
Post edited by phaasma on

Comments

• phaasmaphaasma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly i believe you are going to lose a ton of customers and now your game is going to fail...CONGRATS!!!!!
  • wimbfinwimbfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea next game im done with this fail
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't know anyone who was banned.
  • phaasmaphaasma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its sad. They just have no idea to manage a game and have ZERO communication with their community! This is going to cause this game to fail no doubt!
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm just in awe how people that KNEW they were exploiting bugs have the guts to complain.
    I know the game is not dieing,none of PW games has died yet, nor this would die that fast....
    I'm not yet at 60, i just hit 59 10 mins ago and like me are tons of people, yet those who rage more are those who have 2-3 lvl 60 chars and billions of ADs on their accounts. Man a bit of decency won't hurt... >_>

At least have the decency to eat your 3 days hold doing something useful instead raging on the forums knowing you're on fault.
    What's enough its enough.
    nuff said :P
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    i'm just in awe how people that KNEW they were exploiting bugs have the guts to complain.
    I know the game is not dieing,none of PW games has died yet, nor this would die that fast....
    I'm not yet at 60, i just hit 59 10 mins ago and like me are tons of people, yet those who rage more are those who have 2-3 lvl 60 chars and billions of ADs on their accounts. Man a bit of decency won't hurt... >_>

At least have the decency to eat your 3 days hold doing something useful instead raging on the forums knowing you're on fault.

I'm more in awe people think a 3 day ban means anything to anyone who heavilly exploited.
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    I'm more in awe people think a 3 day ban means anything to anyone who heavilly exploited.

the point is even if they got banned, they know 3 days is nothing, they still cry like babyes, which makes me get sick!
    I would literally ban their accounts from even accessing the website.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I don't know anyone who was banned.

Yep I have quite a few friends who play no one I know was banned either.
    the point is even if they got banned, they know 3 days is nothing, they still cry like babyes, which makes me get sick!

I agree I feel like they are trying to placate people, they deserve a perma ban or at the very least full character wipes.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My point was most of the whining I'm seeing isnt banned people. Its people like me pointing out a 3 day ban is the equivalent of asking a criminal nicely to not steal anything too valuable.
  • aelr3naelr3n Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, the game is officially in Open BETA which means those who are playing are responsible for sending bug reports on the different issues the game is having. If the company does not fix those issues everyone and I mean everyone will take advantage and exploit this issue. There is not one innocent individual because if you did not participate in a dungeon that was exploited, you bough that piece of gear for a far cheaper price that the game intended it to be and therefore you have benefited from the exploit. You are not even 60, so you obviously have no clue about ANYTHING. nuff said...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This basically.

When Cryptic makes it clear that you can exploit to the tune of tens of million of AD and get, maybe, a 3 day ban, what sort of message do you think that sends out to people about the risk/rewards of exploiting?
    edited May 2013
    aelr3n wrote: »
    Actually, the game is officially in Open BETA which means those who are playing are responsible for sending bug reports on the different issues the game is having. If the company does not fix those issues everyone and I mean everyone will take advantage and exploit this issue. There is not one innocent individual because if you did not participate in a dungeon that was exploited, you bough that piece of gear for a far cheaper price that the game intended it to be and therefore you have benefited from the exploit. You are not even 60, so you obviously have no clue about ANYTHING. nuff said...

i've said in another thread i would send a virtual punch to whom will tell me again the game is in open beta so it feels entitled to do w/e just because the game is in beta. Mate, are you 5yo? or what!
    Forsaken World was on beta for 1 fkin year, was it on beta the entire year? was people exploiting its buggs because was on beta? was people got a wipe because on beta? there was a launch after that year because was on Open Beta for a whole year? let me illuminate you: NO!
    Just passed to Game Launched without no announcment, no fuss, no nothing, nobody knew, people was the same, population of the game was half that was on first weeks of the launch of so called open beta after one year of gameplay, so NOTHING CHANGED!
    Please open your darn eyes and gimme a break with the open beta thing, ALL PWE GAMES ARE LAUNCHED IN OPEN BETA!!! Is their strategy, Raiderz launched in open beta and passed to launched after 6 darn months, Rusty hearts after 7 month or more, BoI made this a rule.... Jade dinasty was even announced will pass on released, Eden Ethernal got launched after 2 years of fkin open beta.
    So get yor facts straigh and just clean ur head off of this trash that makes you think open beta has something to do with a closed beta that suppose to find glitches, explotis, bugs and so on.
    Mkay???!!!???
    And i did not abused of any glitch or exploit, i never buy stuff from ah, i sell rather, i'm too poor to buy, and my policy in every game is to never spend gold in stuff i can get on my own, that's why i play a darn cleric to can run every single dungeon i can! The fun of a game is to have fun not tu rush to the final stage on a single day and after to complain that nobody wants you on their team.

Again, nuff said kid!
  • aelr3naelr3n Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've said in another thread i would send a virtual punch to whom will tell me again the game is in open beta so it feels entitled to do w/e just because the game is in beta. Mate, are you 5yo? or what!
    Forsaken World was on beta for 1 fkin year, was it on beta the entire year? was people exploiting its buggs because was on beta? was people got a wipe because on beta? there was a launch after that year because was on Open Beta for a whole year? let me illuminate you: NO!
    Just passed to Game Launched without no announcment, no fuss, no nothing, nobody knew, people was the same, population of the game was half that was on first weeks of the launch of so called open beta after one year of gameplay, so NOTHING CHANGED!
    Please open your darn eyes and gimme a break with the open beta thing, ALL PWE GAMES ARE LAUNCHED IN OPEN BETA!!! Is their strategy, Raiderz launched in open beta and passed to launched after 6 darn months, Rusty hearts after 7 month or more, BoI made this a rule.... Jade dinasty was even announced will pass on released, Eden Ethernal got launched after 2 years of fkin open beta.
    So get yor facts straigh and just clean ur head off of this trash that makes you think open beta has something to do with a closed beta that suppose to find glitches, explotis, bugs and so on.
    Mkay???!!!???
    And i did not abused of any glitch or exploit, i never buy stuff from ah, i sell rather, i'm too poor to buy, and my policy in every game is to never spend gold in stuff i can get on my own, that's why i play a darn cleric to can run every single dungeon i can! The fun of a game is to have fun not tu rush to the final stage on a single day and after to complain that nobody wants you on their team.

Again, nuff said kid!

...lol

nuff said...kid
  • meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Very well done.My cup runneth over with popcorn as the tears flow ever downwards from those we dare call... The Exploiters.
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Same here. 72 hours isn't a ban, it's a suspension and it won't affect the exploiters nor will it repair the damage they have done to the game.

The OP has a point, they need to communicate.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I will have to look over this thread in a little bit but I will say this:

It is hard to give a concise definition of what bugs or exploiting are because each one is different.

In this department the best advise is to use common sense and follow these lines:
    "If it is too good to be true, it is." & "When in doubt don't do it."

That's about the best way to look at it. Of course feel free to PM the moderators or use a support ticket if you are unsure if something is a bug and of course please send bug reports even if the thought crosses your mind. :)
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for posting your feedback and thoughts here. Responding to exploits and keeping the game balanced is a huge priority for us.

That said, there were a few recent exploits in the game that allowed players to defeat bosses at a rate higher than intended (by re-spawning them) or without the appropriate level of challenge (by utilizing a glitch that would cause a player's damage to be way higher than it should have been).

Both of these issues have, to our knowledge, been resolved in the recent patches. However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

Any notifications of bans will likely take place over private one-to-one correspondence between us and the individuals, however we do plan to make an announcement when we have completed the investigation and follow up actions so that everyone can be aware that our target milestone of maintaining the game's balance and economy has been met.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out!
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

So as I was saying, 72hr is not a guaranteed slap to the wrists as some was only hoping for.
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for posting your feedback and thoughts here. Responding to exploits and keeping the game balanced is a huge priority for us.

That said, there were a few recent exploits in the game that allowed players to defeat bosses at a rate higher than intended (by re-spawning them) or without the appropriate level of challenge (by utilizing a glitch that would cause a player's damage to be way higher than it should have been).

Both of these issues have, to our knowledge, been resolved in the recent patches. However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

Any notifications of bans will likely take place over private one-to-one correspondence between us and the individuals, however we do plan to make an announcement when we have completed the investigation and follow up actions so that everyone can be aware that our target milestone of maintaining the game's balance and economy has been met.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

Thanks for your response!

I would like to say this on behalf of a lot of people that are currently suspended: Many of my friends have been banned from just being in a party with people that were exploiting. For instance one of my guildies was banned for joining a dungeon finder with a GF that was exploiting the damage bug. He had no knowledge that was going to be the case and he got punished for it. I dont really see how that is fair and i dont believe people should have been banned for just being in a party with someone like that.
  • worzabonkworzabonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found an exploit a few days ago.

I immediately reported what happened, how I did it, what the result was...

AND THEN DIDN'T DO IT AGAIN.

Wow, and I can still even play!

TLDR: If you see a bug, report it. If you exploit the bug, dont cry when you get banhammered.
  • seleana3seleana3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hey i resent your post i have 3 characters with around or close to 13mil AD on each and i didn't exploit anything to get where i am i realize that not everyone has the same amount of time i do to put into a characters or generally the same amount of time just to play the game in the first place but not everyone that has 3 or more 60's didn't exploit. not that your not correct I just wanted to point out that not all exploited to get where they are today, nicely said non the less.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    phaasma wrote: »

I would like to say this on behalf of a lot of people that are currently suspended: Many of my friends have been banned from just being in a party with people that were exploiting. For instance one of my guildies was banned for joining a dungeon finder with a GF that was exploiting the damage bug. He had no knowledge that was going to be the case and he got punished for it. I dont really see how that is fair and i dont believe people should have been banned for just being in a party with someone like that.

Guilt by association.

Example: You are just hanging with your friends, kicking it. One of them tosses a rock through a plate glass store front window and you all run off.

Police were called and now are after the entire cadre.

Your friend was in the guilty party and kept mum. Didn't send petition for exploiting to cover his/her rear.

And as far as not knowing you're going to get punished for exploiting....I refer you again to the above example. Someone does something wrong, you do not continue to hang with them. Quit the team and move on, after reporting the dirty exploiters.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    seleana3 wrote: »
    hey i resent your post i have 3 characters with around or close to 13mil AD on each and i didn't exploit anything to get where i am i realize that not everyone has the same amount of time i do to put into a characters or generally the same amount of time just to play the game in the first place but not everyone that has 3 or more 60's didn't exploit. not that your not correct I just wanted to point out that not all exploited to get where they are today, nicely said non the less.

You know the exceptions makes the rule :D
  • lswanlswan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exact same awful stupid mistake Arena Net made with GW2, you're killing your own game by banning people for BETA TESTING. How absolutely stupid can you be!?
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Well let's see there was a bug and it allowed people to kill the boss solo and get its loots, then it allowed people to sell said loots for entirely too much money, be glad it wasn't permanent because if it were me, they'd be gone forever.
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    So we've gone from "all the servers need to be wiped because exploits" to "how dare you ban exploiters" in 2 days ?

And I agree with the1tigglet, I would have just permabanned them.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    TLDR: If you see a bug, report it. If you exploit the bug, dont cry when you get banhammered.

LOL, 72 hours is 'banhammered'? It barely qualifies as 'bantickled'.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    To the guy who said everyone benefitted from the exploits...

I refused to run with groups exploiting. I earned all my gear legitimately. The loot I won on greed, I didn't bother trying to sell because it was near worthless. I certainly didn't buy anything.

As far as I'm concerned, exploiters set me back financially (ingame). I don't even care particularly, being able to sell T2 items is just weird. But I most definitely didn't gain anything from it.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lswan wrote: »
    The exact same awful stupid mistake Arena Net made with GW2, you're killing your own game by banning people for BETA TESTING. How absolutely stupid can you be!?

You realize that a good beta tester finds a bug, reports it, and doesn't do it again.

An exploiter finds a bug and does it again and again and again. The person that originally found the gf bug should have bug reported it and removed the armor until it was patched. That is good beta testing, anything else is exploiting.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phaasma wrote: »

I would have to believe that Cryptic is more likely to take action against serious offenders who kept exploiting REPEATEDLY, rather than a one time occurrence. If you're friends were in a dungeon where a boss was beaten repeatedly, even if it's just one dungeon event, that's definitely exploiting with knowledge of it.

Also, the Dev did state,"However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure." So, they're definitely after the major violators rather than one time occurrences. It's not difficult for them to determine if someone's major violator by investigating the logs. I'd say that a temporary ban is a slap on the wrist to warn people of violations small and large.