test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A gigantic THANK YOU to PWE for the weekend bans.

2»

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrtastix wrote: »
    Cryptic make fantastic ideas and have plenty of potential.

They squander it by working with a company like Perfect World. You don't need to have been banned to know of some of their work practices, some of which I've been party to in the past. That's how I know.

This.

Its why CoH was meh at best until half of cryptic abandoned it and ran off to make CO and the other half got the funding and freedom t fix it.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when they log back into their banned accounts and see their AD reset to 0

HA HA HA This post made me smile
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would have been more effective that everyone who was banned also had their mules tracked down and deleted...that isn't a hard thing to do, hopefully that is what will happen.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Great job pwe keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I take it Mules cost 3G from the mount vendor? :p
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    u introduce perma bans and track down mule accts I personally will spend thousands of dollars on ur game b4 the year is up
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Was going to sleep until I found these ban threads popping up. Amusing ones they are. I just feel a bit sorry for the forum mods.

inb4 forum bans. :P
  • Options
    fuzzybottoms1fuzzybottoms1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    72h ban is nothing....they needed a permanent ban. Damage has been done.
  • Options
    boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damage was already done when the bright sparks at pwe/cryptic thought it would be a good idea to implement foundrys without a basic understanding of the gaming society and how a sandbox element like that could be so easily abused, I mean..in house testing is like you know something you just ****ing do, and secondly allowing the best gear in the game to be boe..that was a really smart decision. June 12th people no one will give a **** about this game after that date.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damage was already done when the bright sparks at pwe/cryptic thought it would be a good idea to implement foundrys without a basic understanding of the gaming society and how a sandbox element like that could be so easily abused, I mean..in house testing is like you know something you just ****ing do, and secondly allowing the best gear in the game to be boe..that was a really smart decision. June 12th people no one will give a **** about this game after that date.

Foundry didnt cause this. Granted, their sledgehammer nerf to foundry pretty much killed it anyhow.
  • Options
    panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would they ban them when they can easily send them a generic form letter. It is fast and doesn't involve actual work. They can use the same one they send out to people who report obscene/offensive player names. - and yet you see those players still run around days after you get the email saying the problem has been solved/resolved.
    I have played Cryptic games for years and have yet to see them actually perma ban anyone no matter how bad the offense was. I think they figure they need all the players they can get, who cares if some fake economy gets messed up in the process?
    It is the appearance of doing "something" about it that is important, not the actual "doing something" that counts.
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    my favorite part is how they are like HOW DO WE KNOW IF IT'S AN EXPLOIT? well if you are leveling to 60 in an hour or making crazy amounts of AD you are probably exploiting.

easy explanation: if you are doing the same exact thing over and over again and progressing farther than other people. you are probably exploiting
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    my favorite part is how they are like HOW DO WE KNOW IF IT'S AN EXPLOIT? well if you are leveling to 60 in an hour or making crazy amounts of AD you are probably exploiting.

Is knocking enemies over railings that prevent regular knockbacks exploiting? Is Astral Shield stacking exploiting? I guess we will see if/when they get patched.