test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A gigantic THANK YOU to PWE for the weekend bans.

redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Renewing my hope, one rage post at a time.
Post edited by redwaterx on

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »

because a 72 hour ban will totally show those kids not to do bad stuff.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    /signed.

Keep the bans comin.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »

Lets put it this way. How many people would take the offer of making millions, possibly tens of million, of AD if all they had to do was not play NWO for 3 days. Pretty much everyone, right?
  • Options
    greg455greg455 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a 72 hour ban after the exploits are already fixed doesn't change anything at all. they made all the currency they could and this doesn't change a thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Lets put it this way. How many people would take the offer of making millions, possibly tens of million, of AD if all they had to do was not play NWO for 3 days. Pretty much everyone, right?

I would in a ****ing instant if I knew there was no permanent repercussions.
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why were ppl banned?
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I would guess that their ill-gotten gains have been taken away.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »

I wouldnt hold my breath.

Especially since tracking down where all that loot went to at this point has to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when they log back into their banned accounts and see their AD reset to 0
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when they log back into their banned accounts and see their AD reset to 0

Or they are logging in with their mule accounts already laughing while selling the 10s of millions of AD they made..
  • Options
    rudboy1018rudboy1018 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for finding Bugs/Exploits in a Beta
  • Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    It's not a permanent ban, but whatever makes you happy I guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

they moved it to their mules.

So far reports are that their mules were unaffected.
  • Options
    zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Yea that 72h ban will scare those bad bad exploiters. PW just said to us, "Its ok guys u can cheat on our game , we will only give you a 3 days ban so u can come later and give us some $$$". I mean cmon, perma ban the gamebreaking exploiters. This is a joke
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Alongside the ever-constant whining from people who got banned these topics are actually no better.

You salute Perfect World with such ferocity but never question why they banned these people to begin with. You make assumptions based on what you think is true and trust a company whose primary goal is making money and has had plenty of shoddy business practices in the past.

I'm not saying these people were banned unjustly. If they were exploiting bugs then it was justified to ban them but to not tell these people why they were banned is appalling. To then make assumptions based on what you think you know is even worse.

I would rather be an honest criminal than an ignorant fool.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Constant 72h bans might? :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Constant 72h bans might? :)

thats called a permaban. and would be far less hilariously weak and ineffective.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrtastix wrote: »
    Alongside the ever-constant whining from people who got banned these topics are actually no better.

You salute Perfect World with such ferocity but never question why they banned these people to begin with. You make assumptions based on what you think is true and trust a company whose primary goal is making money and has had plenty of shoddy business practices in the past.

I'm not saying these people were banned unjustly. If they were exploiting bugs then it was justified to ban them but to not tell these people why they were banned is appalling. To then make assumptions based on what you think you know is even worse.

I would rather be an honest criminal than an ignorant fool.

How do you know that these people that got banned weren't told why they were banned?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    How do you know that these people that got banned weren't told why they were banned?

You've never dealt with Cryptic before, I take it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    You've never dealt with Cryptic before, I take it.

That didn't answer my question, but no, I've never been banned by Cryptic before.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll applaud them when they perma-ban exploiters, not give them a tiny slap on the wrist.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »

Hasn't happened so far. And the fact that Cryptic chose to give only a 72hour ban even when in some cases it was clear that such people were exploiting repeatedly to the tune of in some cases 100 million AD or more shows that they are just trying to do something for appearance sake and nothing else....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That didn't answer my question, but no, I've never been banned by Cryptic before.

well. my uimplication is simple. See. I've been off and on with Cryptic both back in the early days of CoH and the early days of Champions Online.

Cryptic's great at ideas.

And ****ing terrible at execution of ideas and or bugfixing.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hasn't happened so far.

How do you know?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rudboy1018 wrote: »
    for finding Bugs/Exploits in a Beta

For ABUSING bugs/Exploits in a Beta

Fixed it for ya

You are supposed to report any bugs/exploits, not use/abuse them. Really, does this have to be explained??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eidama wrote: »
    For ABUSING bugs/Exploits in a Beta

Fixed it for ya

a beta that isnt really a beta except in the minds of idiots.
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013

Cryptic make fantastic ideas and have plenty of potential.

They squander it by working with a company like Perfect World. You don't need to have been banned to know of some of their work practices, some of which I've been party to in the past. That's how I know.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well. my uimplication is simple. See. I've been off and on with Cryptic both back in the early days of CoH and the early days of Champions Online.

Cryptic's great at ideas.

And ****ing terrible at execution of ideas and or bugfixing.

Oh, I've played other Cryptic games before. Still doesn't mean that the people that got banned didn't get told why they were banned.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I shall not cast down my Astral Shield on these unholy types.No, let the Mindflayers have them I say.
  • Options
    eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a beta that isnt really a beta except in the minds of idiots.

Point still stands. Report the bugs/exploits. Abusing/using said bugs/exploits is unsat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <