test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voice your opinion!

asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
After all the fuss with the ban thing, many not happy with the only 3 days applied, many happy that something has been done finally, many unhappy because they got banned (reason being as usual "game is open beta geeze"), and yet many people is still unaware that ban has occured and for which reason, i was thinking to put a poll up with only 3 options.

1. Are you for a total wipe so in this way everyone would have a clean start seen that now the "most" exploits have been fixed, at least we hope so?!

2. Are you against a total wipe because....? Tell your reason.

3. Are you indifferent and can't care less about what would happen next?

*Note: please exclude from your reasons the Zen bought reason. Everyone who have bought zen, in case of a total wipe the en will return in his account exactly how happenedafter the wipe during the closed beta's. So will not be lost.

**About those who bought Packs, would you consider the fact that you play in a broken economy, your money are lost instead to give you a real advantage like it should if the wipe won't occure so make your selection wisely.
Post edited by asakochan on

Comments

• Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At this point?

Sure. Wipe the **** thing. Get rid of klingons, too.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As long as I get all my Founder stuff back I don't care.. AD and the ZEN I purchased. I doubt they will though so don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    As long as I get all my Founder stuff back I don't care.. AD and the ZEN I purchased. I doubt they will though so don't hold your breath.

Wipes wont happen, but as long as I get the stuff back that I bought zen / founders. And my foundry campaign isn't deleted, I wouldn't care if they wiped the game right now.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, wipe it. I bought the founders pack so i can start another character and continue on. I have not cheated and only have a level 28, so its no big deal. For all those against it, go cry me a river.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    As the dev stated in the other thread, they banned the exploiters because they want to investigate the logs for exploiting. I reckon they might be able to wipe some of the exploited items / currency through that but not all of course.

Although best case scenario would be that the logs back track so far that they can trace those items / AD and wipe them out.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't it be a HUGE headache for them to reset everyones Zen and AD etc.? I would think so.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    This poll was already done. Nothing new to see here. It's not going to matter anyway. Will not wipe the shards no matter how many polls pop up. It's just not going to happen. I'd save your energy for other topics.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Think of how many people are playing who do not visit these forums.Most are probably unaware what is going on.I don't think they want to wipe the vast majority of players who are just playing the game for entertainment.While the minority who do know cry out for a wipe.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was already a huge "wipe or no wipe" poll/thread. Why do you think this one will be any different? Not to mention they already said no more wipes so this poll is pointless before it even began,
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I must have missed that "huge" wipe poll thread, though i check the forums everyday :)
    I done this after the ban came in, so people now is upset for few more reasons than before. Feel free to not check in if it disturbs you, nobody is forced to partecipate.
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Wipe won't happen, the backlash would actualy hurt em bigtime. Even if this poll got 100% yes it would not happen.
    If what they say is true and 20% of the game population is visiting the forum and 5-10% actualy post. Think what would happen to this poor forum if everyone lost theyr char. Suddenly 70%+ of the userbase would post very angry posts. Even worse think about all that bad word of mouth this game would recive.

It's i financial disaster. Its expensive to track those exploiters, but they will rather take that hit then what a server wipe will do.
  • Options
    boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it's a catch 22 really, if they wipe they will lose a lot of players, especially those that busted their asses and put a lot of time and money into the game. And if they don't wipe the game is left running in a pretty ****ty state, unless they dump some new content on us and or relax the currency costs and conversions, or at least allow a way for gold to AD or something like that.

Anyway I have said it somewhere else, June 12th none of it will matter.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What happens June 12th? End of the world? (again. >_>)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rift goes f2p and whilst some items you will be able to buy in the store, to get the best gear you gotta do dem raids and earn them the more enjoyable way of slaying dragons.
    Plus the pvp is a **** load more fun.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am against the wipe simply because I did no cheating whatsoever, and it seems terribly unfair for me to have to start over from scratch because others did.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too late for a wipe.

The only type of wipe they can do now is character/item. Get rid of the exploitatively gained items, get rid of the characers who obtained them, and try to wipe out a lot of the AD generated from said items.

Though, that requires days, if not weeks, or work going through logs and recording everything. It's possible, but improbable, especially for a smaller company.

So, they just ban people and leave it as that for now. Hopefully they're going to do more later, but that remains to be seen.
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I'll probably ditch this game if there's a wipe, or at the very least be much less motivated to play it. Put in plenty of time already.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rift goes f2p and ... to get the best gear you gotta do dem raids
    I will never again play an MMO where raiding is the only method to getting the best gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    I must have missed that "huge" wipe poll thread, though i check the forums everyday :)
    I done this after the ban came in, so people now is upset for few more reasons than before. Feel free to not check in if it disturbs you, nobody is forced to partecipate.

Apparently you must have. That doesn't make it any less true.

If people are upset about the bans that's maybe because they themselves were banned so I don't see why that would change anything. And honestly people need to stop using the word ban when talking about 72 hours. That's not a ban that's a suspension.

But feel free to not respond to my post if it disturbs you. Nobody is forcing you to.
  • Options
    fuzzybottoms1fuzzybottoms1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe for sure. reimburse those who spent money (zen/ad) and whatnot, but wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe, and once again, wipe. I don't want a wipe for selfish reasons...im at 10.6k gearscore, didnt spend a penny on this game, and never did any exploits (no foundry, no pirate king, no GF, no CW). I want a wipe because i truly believe its for the benefit of the existance of this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Apparently you must have. That doesn't make it any less true.

If people are upset about the bans that's maybe because they themselves were banned so I don't see why that would change anything. And honestly people need to stop using the word ban when talking about 72 hours. That's not a ban that's a suspension.

But feel free to not respond to my post if it disturbs you. Nobody is forcing you to.

maybe people use the word ban still because of...
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for posting your feedback and thoughts here. Responding to exploits and keeping the game balanced is a huge priority for us.

That said, there were a few recent exploits in the game that allowed players to defeat bosses at a rate higher than intended (by re-spawning them) or without the appropriate level of challenge (by utilizing a glitch that would cause a player's damage to be way higher than it should have been).

Both of these issues have, to our knowledge, been resolved in the recent patches. However, we are still in the process of reviewing the logs and taking action against specific accounts that are deemed to have utilized the exploits to a level that we feel is worthy of temporary or permanent account closure.

Any notifications of bans will likely take place over private one-to-one correspondence between us and the individuals, however we do plan to make an announcement when we have completed the investigation and follow up actions so that everyone can be aware that our target milestone of maintaining the game's balance and economy has been met.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

Cheers :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I will never again play an MMO where raiding is the only method to getting the best gear.

Pretty limited in options regardless, It's either dungeons/raids, AH/Factions with rep required, or in some f2p's cash shop in some form or another.

Raiding isn't everyone's cup of tea I get it, but for a f2p game that isn't just allowing lazy cashed up people to get the best of the best, well I think that's a step in the right direction, you want the good **** you gotta earn it.

Neverwinter is currently run t2's on dungeon delve get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you don't need sell on AH for AD buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you do need. Do pvp on arena pvp bonus for tonnes of glory sell pvp items for AD convert to zen buy useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the zen store. Level a 3rd alt and stop at level 10 because the **** is boring 3rd time round. ( my opinion other users may have different gameplay experience. )

Rift is currently level to 60 cool story, tonnes of stuff to learn, fun classes with a several different playstyles and specs, run dungeons get wrecked by cool mechanics that don't involve 10000 adds and knocking **** of ledges. Do some pvp in more the 2 maps with different objectives, crafting that doesn't take forever, currency that is easy to earn, dyes and wardrobes for cool outfitting and making your character look <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. ( my opinion other players may have a different gaming experience. )

If neverwinter can fix all there **** and get some new content happening in less then a month I'll stay but all I can see happening is more companions and maybe another mount being added to the zen store, and maybe a few more bans and peoples accounts being hacked and zen and AD spent and pwe/cryptic just saying soz nothing we can do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    maybe people use the word ban still because of...
    Cheers :)

Why don't you also quote the post where they said no character wipes? Oh yeah because it would render your whole topic pointless which it is.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm against wipes I'm for full account closures of all exploiters and their mules.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I'm for putting anyone who posts one of these threads or votes yes to a wipe on ignore :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Wipe it, I'm on board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    bodysuitmanbodysuitman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont want a wipe because of the ridiculous amount of keys i bought so unless i get to keep my stable of nightmares to thanks. They should just wipe the accounts they handed out the 3 day bans to if they wont permaban them
  • Options
    natsumynatsumy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm for a reset, all characters set to lvl 1 and all bags getting empty...
    and for those who spent real money give them back the zen, should be easy having the track of the buyers.
  • Options
    tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm opposed to a wipe. I started playing exactly because there would be no wipe. For some of you maybe the time and effort spent is no big deal, but it is to me. I agree with the person who said to wipe the players who were banned. If they decide to wipe, I don't want the zen back, I want my money back because I spent the money under the premise that there would be no wipe.
  • Options
    jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and refund founder AD and zen. Wipe, wipe, wipe.