test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Server not Responding"

13»

Comments

• malcontentmentmalcontentment Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b8sjgy.jpg

Yes, that says 1126 seconds of not responding. Up to 1540 now...
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • killuminati1986killuminati1986 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just posting to let Cryptic know that I also have this problem so yes it is a serious issue.
  • proshoppaproshoppa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour to disable the on-demand and just patch it all. The "fix" definitely isn't a "quick fix"...
  • castolluxcastollux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hate this game right now.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't login at all ...
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same issue is effecting Star Trek Online ... pure speculation, but STO is pre-patching the huge update, so maybe lots of bandwidth is being taken by that.

Disabling on-demand patching in the launcher option and downloading the whole game overnight/whenever is a good option.

You know, so you suck even more bandwidth up {:0p
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Yep, been experiencing the same but today it has been absurd. I was waiting for almost 15 minutes before I just gave up and terminated the process. :/
  • ispeackersispeackers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.. :/
  • turkf54turkf54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    Open launcher, click Options, and disable on demand patching.

Download all the things.

No need to patch while loading in game.

Thank you for the tip, I shall give it a try.
  • turkf54turkf54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    turkf54 wrote: »
    Thank you for the tip, I shall give it a try.

The tip worked well, thank you. unfortunately, the servers keep crashing in the middle of the the dungeons, still making the game virtually unplayable:(
  • asuriolasuriol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    same problem like ppl here i am stuck on loading map and even when i try to disable patching it goes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long like they servers are overloaded and yes thats definitly not my internet problem its more then fast
  • vanquishedxsoulvanquishedxsoul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can log in just fine, but once I begin attacking a NPC, I freeze up and it displays, "Server not Responding". Neverwinter was golden until this last patch.
  • lainwiredlainwired Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took FOREVER with pulsating download speeds - but I got rid of the port downloading. However, still getting server not responding wayyyy too often. Lost a PvP match due to 90% of the time being unresponsive. So I tried questing, and lo and behold - same thing with MAJOR rubber banding.
    "Logic will never change emotion, or perception." - Edward de Bono
    oricul_signature_512128.png
    edited May 2013
    Open launcher, click Options, and disable on demand patching.

Download all the things.

No need to patch while loading in game.

Although this worked, originally, the issue has started, yet again yesterday and today. The only difference is that I don't see any files downloading on the top left of the screen.
  • creepweirdocreepweirdo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem u all had a year ago i have now after even Wonders of Gond started...I got really slow patching at loading and server not responding every 4-5 secs and between those secs i rubberband and nothing works in the game for me.Did the turning off patch on demand worked for u guys?
  • creepweirdocreepweirdo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well i did drop the patch on demand thing...patched everything and managed to log in game.But problem still is there...server not responding and rubberbanding everywhere...Anyone know what to do?
  • stykssstykss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited August 2014
    my record :)
    screenshot_59.png
    come vs :)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well i did drop the patch on demand thing...patched everything and managed to log in game.But problem still is there...server not responding and rubberbanding everywhere...Anyone know what to do?

pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com and don't necro