test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE...Before people leave....

rokodssrokodss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok... I get it, there is TONS to **** to fix. But you can't just all focus on fixing or we won't get any new content in months... so please.... LET US MAKE PVP MAPS, MODES, AND RAIDS!!! You don't need to provide us loot in those, we can get loots up to there.

Why aren't company doing this? someone PLEASE explain...

TONS of players spend HOURS making maps, stories, mods, fix to tons of games... FOR ALL FREE! wtf? free maps? no 15$ DLC?
All you need to do... is fix your ****, while we create. Take the best ones after 3-4 months, add them to the game.

no exp, no loots, nothing to gain or to lose. you already have Foundry setup...PLEASE do it before everyone leave because they hit 60, get gear, and....what? redo over and over same instance? 2 pvp maps?

C'mon now it's time you publishers/developpers smart up. Chris Roberts already said he will integrate the best mods (+ reward to maker(which is not really needed, just the name is enough). In a game comming in 2015... Cmon now WAKE THE **** UP! We have creative brains, you fix, we create. you fix......we create.

YOU FIX..................................................................................LET US CREATE.

Sign this up so we can get a people MMO.
Post edited by rokodss on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 2 sides to this argument. On the one hand, you are absolutely right - bugs, exploits, and general QoL improvements need to be addressed promptly and tracked. At the same time, I *hope* that the devs have teams that can address the bugs and stuff, while another works on new stuff for the game.

That being said... where's the melee cleric already! \o/
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mrbheng12mrbheng12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i totally agree do what players cant ant leave the gamers do what they want to do not just try to sell out
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There are 2 sides to this argument. On the one hand, you are absolutely right - bugs, exploits, and general QoL improvements need to be addressed promptly and tracked. At the same time, I *hope* that the devs have teams that can address the bugs and stuff, while another works on new stuff for the game.

Its just beta guys..but we need new content now anyhow as if it was a release game!
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why would anyone leave? This game is awesome. Plus where are you going to go? I can see people with decent PC's going to Elder in the future but that game is not releasing anytime soon.
  • rokodssrokodss Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Its just beta guys..but we need new content now anyhow as if it was a release game!

New content or not, new players are gonna leave if no end content. like SWTOR. you can't use beta excuse, people that leave rarely come back
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »

The way they are treating this "beta" is that we, the players, are a bunch of paying testers for them. That's to say that we are paying THEM to play a faulty/unfinished game, (whenever we buy something from the Zen store).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rokodss wrote: »
    no exp, no loots, nothing to gain or to lose. you already have Foundry setup...PLEASE do it before everyone leave because they hit 60, get gear, and....what? redo over and over same instance? 2 pvp maps?

If the foundry doesn't give exp or loot, the majority of players will not bother with it, and certainly won't stick around just for it.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way they are treating this "beta" is that we, the players, are a bunch of paying testers for them. That's to say that we are paying THEM to play a faulty/unfinished game, (whenever we buy something from the Zen store).

Oh I agree. Its why I just lurk the forums and wait to see if they ever fix anything
    edited May 2013
    where did swtor people go? Aion? Conan? who knows, who care, you can't just say they will come back when stuff comes out, they didnt for swtor. why leave? because theres 7 instance you have to do over and over and over? go where ? to any of the 99999 games out there.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was very disappointed as well.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do people really think there is only one team working on this game. There are different teams working on this game.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    who is leaving? Even the biggest cry baby on these forums can't tear themselves away. This game is getting almost universal praise from the media (that's legitimate media not 3rd rate news sites that just want hits) and despite the whining on the forums most people who are actually playing the game seem happy.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    who is leaving? Even the biggest cry baby on these forums can't tear themselves away. This game is getting almost universal praise from the media (that's legitimate media not 3rd rate news sites that just want hits) and despite the whining on the forums most people who are actually playing the game seem happy.

The problem is at end game. The masses level slow. The legitimate media doesn't level at all, they don't have the time (look at the scores Age of Conan got). And in the end it is very hard to see a small drop in practice, will take months to really take effect in a scale that is obvious to see.

There objectively is very little end game content and that has always in previous MMOs lead to people leaving for greener pastures. Hopefully they can do something about it in time because there is a lot of potential here.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Wait what? Why are all these crazies coming on here on a game that's not even a full launch yet asking for new content. If you didn't keep drinking red bull and 5hrs and rushing thru everything there would have been plenty. It's not even a month old yet.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm only still playing because i've not hit 60. When I've seen the content I'm done. There is clearly nothing to do after that, i already have a set of T2 for 3 characters in the bank. I may come back when more is added but i said that about STO and never went back. I'm still paying a sub for SWTOR, need to get back into GW2 and I've not even looked at Tera or Planetside 2 ( to make up my own mind, before anyone attempts that for me ). That's without the single-player games I have unfinished.

There are much better quality and made games than this out there over many genres. People will just move along when they realise what's at the end. Just like we predicted for STO.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    I'm only still playing because i've not hit 60. When I've seen the content I'm done. There is clearly nothing to do after that, i already have a set of T2 for 3 characters in the bank. I may come back when more is added but i said that about STO and never went back. I'm still paying a sub for SWTOR, need to get back into GW2 and I've not even looked at Tera or Planetside 2 ( to make up my own mind, before anyone attempts that for me ). That's without the single-player games I have unfinished.

There are much better quality and made games than this out there over many genres. People will just move along when they realise what's at the end. Just like we predicted for STO.

Who has moved on in STO? That game is bloody packed. This is what I can't fathom, people are screaming doom about games that are full of people and are making money hand over fist....how can that be in in logical sense of the word fail?
    borneol wrote: »
    The problem is at end game. The masses level slow. The legitimate media doesn't level at all, they don't have the time (look at the scores Age of Conan got). And in the end it is very hard to see a small drop in practice, will take months to really take effect in a scale that is obvious to see.

There objectively is very little end game content and that has always in previous MMOs lead to people leaving for greener pastures. Hopefully they can do something about it in time because there is a lot of potential here.

Maybe I'm the odd man out (okay maybe myself and about forty people I play with in game are the odd people out) but I have two 60's I'm still having fun, I just don't think that it's feasible for any developer to satiate some of the hardcore content devourers, I use to be one myself, it's why I played multiple MMO's, but at least Cryptic has the foundry to help pass the time before more end game content is provided.

And they also have this
    edited May 2013
    Who has moved on in STO? That game is bloody packed. This is what I can't fathom, people are screaming doom about games that are full of people and are making money hand over fist....how can that be in in logical sense of the word fail?

Everyone moved on from STO barring a few of the diehards refusing to admit their lifetime purchases were a joke. What you are seeing now is the drop in since f2p. Ask around the forums. Few of the players have been there since closed or open beta apart from just a few die-hard blue name lifetimers. Before f2p subs had fell to an unsustainable low.

And I didn't mention the word fail in any context. Don't do that. respond to what i say, not what you think I say.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • imtankbruhimtankbruh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree with the op.
    edited May 2013
    Everyone moved on from STO barring a few of the diehards refusing to admit their lifetime purchases were a joke. What you are seeing now is the drop in since f2p. Ask around the forums. Few of the players have been there since closed or open beta apart from just a few die-hard blue name lifetimers. Before f2p subs had fell to an unsustainable low.

And I didn't mention the word fail in any context. Don't do that. respond to what i say, not what you think I say.

I just think your definition of everyone is way off the mark as well as a few diehards, they just mentioned on the Twitter page that more people purchased the Legacy of Romulus pack then purchased the original game and while that isn't any great shakes it does point to growth and not a state of decline, also those die hards are more than a few, I mean have you seen the number of people that show up to the STO forums at the Trek convention in Las vegas? It's a huge number that seems to grow each year.

I just think a lot of folks write these games off because they no longer interest them personally...that doesn't mean it's universal.
  • tameflametameflame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    With so many D&D Loyalists who play neverwinter because of the TTRPG, it would be a great way to hook those ex-DMs by letting them have the chance for their ideas and concepts to be taken from their Table to this MMORPG.

There must be hundreds of experienced DMs who know how to make good quests and stuff. Set them on work to creating Lolths dungeons or an Orcus raid.

It was the same thing with Spore, let the community's superior creativity do the work, while the mechanics can just be dealt with by the Developers
    edited May 2013
    I just think your definition of everyone is way off the mark as well as a few diehards, they just mentioned on the Twitter page that more people purchased the Legacy of Romulus pack then purchased the original game and while that isn't any great shakes it does point to growth and not a state of decline, also those die hards are more than a few, I mean have you seen the number of people that show up to the STO forums at the Trek convention in Las vegas? It's a huge number that seems to grow each year.

I just think a lot of folks write these games off because they no longer interest them personally...that doesn't mean it's universal.

I played it. I tested it from go. I played it for over a year after. The same players are not there, not in game, not in the forum. Of the players I played with, over a 100, I see one of them still log in now and again ( via raptr, everyone else is still on raptr, just doing other things ). I go to the forums now and again to see what's happening. None of the original core players are still there.

What you are seeing with game sales is much like this game. New players, new game, people will take a punt on it. As for how profitable cryptic is, we shall have to wait and see what the financials say. but they never were for themselves or for Atari. Perhaps that will change with Neverwinter. it depends how long they can sustain the current playerbase or indeed how swift they can replace the player loss with new blood. because that's all that matters in these games. get em in, get their cash, move along, get more in. Most players spend their cash on f2p in the 1st 10 days to a month.

When i go to Vegas I play poker. Star Trek Conventions? Just because I wear a power rangers suit most days do i really look like i can be found at a convention?
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    tameflame wrote: »
    With so many D&D Loyalists who play neverwinter because of the TTRPG, it would be a great way to hook those ex-DMs by letting them have the chance for their ideas and concepts to be taken from their Table to this MMORPG.

There must be hundreds of experienced DMs who know how to make good quests and stuff. Set them on work to creating Lolths dungeons or an Orcus raid.

It was the same thing with Spore, let the community's superior creativity do the work, while the mechanics can just be dealt with by the Developers

I was Dming pnp games in the late 70's. i've had a number of ideas for foundry missions, one based upon a novel i've been writing for about 8 years ( as in not writing but you know how it goes ). To be honest i don't think it has the tools to do what i want and is too limited and most of the community are not interested in the kind of chapter based stories that i'd want to produce because it's too much for them to read,. They want quick xp and loot from the foundry. Something to get their Daily. If we could do boss encounters and offer an amount of AD as loot for completing long, multiple story missions, it might change ideas.
    The tools are still way too primitive though.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they improve the Foundry to let us actually make boss fights and dungeons.

And actually fix the rewards so it's worth it.
    edited May 2013
    I played it. I tested it from go. I played it for over a year after. The same players are not there, not in game, not in the forum. Of the players I played with, over a 100, I see one of them still log in now and again ( via raptr, everyone else is still on raptr, just doing other things ). I go to the forums now and again to see what's happening. None of the original core players are still there.

What you are seeing with game sales is much like this game. New players, new game, people will take a punt on it. As for how profitable cryptic is, we shall have to wait and see what the financials say. but they never were for themselves or for Atari. Perhaps that will change with Neverwinter. it depends how long they can sustain the current playerbase or indeed how swift they can replace the player loss with new blood. because that's all that matters in these games. get em in, get their cash, move along, get more in. Most players spend their cash on f2p in the 1st 10 days to a month.

When i go to Vegas I play poker. Star Trek Conventions? Just because I wear a power rangers suit most days do i really look like i can be found at a convention?

yeah I beta tested it as well, and everyone except for ten who started in my fleet is still there..I just think it's a YMMV thing guy, each perception is reality.

Oh you might want to drop by the convention sometimes...the Klingon chicks dig the power rangers.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are teams working on bugs as well as new content and features for Neverwinter.

There would be a lot less drama in your lives if you kept up with the Dev Tracker (especially for the bug-curious), and podcasts, magazine/website articles and other interviews in the Media (especially for the content-curious). You might also want to think about, oh I don't know, checking the official Neverwinter website. :rolleyes:

The truth is out there, sillies. Just remember, there are many thousands of people playing Neverwinter, and every single one of them has an opinion about what should be fixed or added to the game right naow. :p
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
    edited May 2013

Oh you might want to drop by the convention sometimes...the Klingon chicks dig the power rangers.

They would have to come looking for me because when i put the power rangers suit on i'm not in the mood for socialising ;)

DS2_0933_6079.jpg
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    There are teams working on bugs as well as new content and features for Neverwinter.

There would be a lot less drama in your lives if you kept up with the Dev Tracker (especially for the bug-curious), and podcasts, magazine/website articles and other interviews in the Media (especially for the content-curious). You might also want to think about, oh I don't know, checking the official Neverwinter website. :rolleyes:

The truth is out there, sillies. Just remember, there are many thousands of people playing Neverwinter, and every single one of them has an opinion about what should be fixed or added to the game right naow. :p

Ohh man. You can see those who don't know jack about gaming. They think wow = 10 millions cod = 10 millions so players are there.

You have no memory? or you too young? People been arrogant (I get you LOVE that game, fanboy borderline since you bought that 60$ pack) because I said something about their game... Stop been fanboys its shameful.
    It's a good game yes. Around 20-30 hours here maybe only pvping and at 55-57 right now and having a blast, still learning. but I already have my full pvp gear so getting rest is gonna be fast and easy (if lucky). Then? Doing "quest" with no challenge or team work (focus adds, stack em, nuke em) ? Wait 2 months and come back?
    Have NONE of you learned from history?
    So many fails, so many attempt, so many "omg too much people! we buy 20 more servers!, Omg wtf empty now! we need to make those 25 into 3 now".

"It's a beta, It's not launched, check out dev blog, check out magazines!"

You think I am here to bash the game? Hello? I'll kick your *** in those fun pvp fights :D
    Those are ignorant and careless people. How many people after 3 months drop from free MMO?
    You think people are gonna say, oh BETA! didnt catch that! well brb when more stuff, just got hyped 60 lvl long but I can wait 3 months. Sadly no, most likely your HDD is 90% full and in 2 weeks a new free game is coming out. Summer is coming, Steam summer sale, and after summer? cod,bf4,gta5,hacker open world game,newxbox,ps4.....barely 5 months in front...

Just happened that gaming industry is going like ****, global economy also, about 1 mmo out of 10 are going well, studios closing each months, almost weeks.

I am typing those words because I am worry about this game. this ain't blacklight 24 vs 24. you can have 250 players only and still be running. MMOs servers cost a bit much lot more. 50% if not more of swtor players left because we were fully geared...but nothing to do, but wait. Now theres 10-16 mans, and they look pretty ****ing awesome. but I rather play another game which can deliver now.

Using beta as excuse is plain lazyness. Use CLOSED beta so you can TEST the game and mechanics...not tease with magazines and blogs about future things. I didn't pay for this, won't feel so bad about dropping.
    Games with 100x more waiting fans like GW2 went from5 millions to 700k lol.
    Gotta say, they selling TONS of keys which is the main $. But once everyone leaves... no one buys Zens/keys... they will be begging people, come try our new raids!

TOO LATE! Know why Rift went F2P 2 years after? because they had freaking raids. Thats also why SWtor went F2P after 5-6 months...and was 1 of the worst financial succes in mmos... People came back on Conan? nop. the dark world? defiances? All got a same common point.
    People left.
    Very few come back, even for good games (swtor now, conan, aion, etc).

You need an ACE, something others don't, something others CAN'T.
    Say what you want about "ohh this is so much different from others MMos!Peps will stay!"

NOPE. tank, heal dps. take more pots, move/dodge more, aim more. 15 years old mechanics done 101 different ways.

I play Neverwinter, because

1: I'm a D&D fan. (won't make me stick to not so good product)
    2: love games. (so many in fact that I have about 25 on steam I havent had time to play)
    3: New things are shiny.
    4: I thought Foundry would be developed more than this. and I hope so, but I won't wait till server are empty and that patch comes out.

C'mon now, You even know how many actual games came from actual players? all those mods? 1/4 of steam games were made as mod before lol. We know what we want, I don't mind waiting 3 months for your epic raid. But give us a bone, or rather a chance.
    Make it Unique gear that can only be used in Foundry. Strict rules, but don't FORCE us what you had in mind, rather Check our stuff (1 week after open beta, you already had 500 instances ideas.) and make what you thought even better by meeting fans expectation(realist ones ofc)

Btw I have to say this, but that guy with the power ranger suit kick serious ***. Nice pic!

PS: Sorry for the wall, but people aren't patient. Not at all in fact. I'm sorry, but reality will hit you hard bro :P
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rokodss wrote: »
    3: New things are shiny.

This is what the majority of your post boils down to, along with a series of complaints so amorphous and hyperbolic and poorly communicated, it might as well be complaining for the sake of complaining. I don't think there's a development studio on Earth who considers your retention a solvable problem. But since you're not paying anyway, I don't suppose that will top their list off.

Oh, and I didn't just buy the Guardian pack. I bought the Hero of the North pack, the Guardian pack, two starter packs, and $60 worth of Zen. :p
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, I support a wipe simply because the AH exploit is older than a day - the wrong cheater talked to the wrong cheater and it exploded in maybe 2-3 days, but it has to be older than a day. If the "economy is in ruins" due to the exploit why has Ad been selling for 344 Ad for 1 zen almost since launch? Why has zen been selling for 1 Zen for 375 AD almost since launch?

As for dungeons/foundry issues - current NW stock dungeon formula - flesh targets, flesh targets with a few mid-bosses, boss fight, chest, repeat 2,3 times end with a QUEST level and class specific dungeon completion rewards chest... most foundry missions I've played are flesh targets, mid-bosses, boss fight no chest, fight some more stuff, and the dungeon completion reward is level specific to the character but 99% of the time is not for the right class.

Dungeon raids - see above formula, but have the same stuff "dungeon blue" drop each time the dungeon is ran and you get some tier specific tokens at the end or some "dungeon blue" gear that NW claims is "recommended" but stats-wise is inferior to the stuff dropped after battling 20 minions and mini-bosses during a world quest.

Skirmishes are about the same but only 1/3 as long, only have a "first come, first serve" chest that serves 1, and after 2-3 runs you can get all the "dungeon blue" to make a set or two that once again NW "recommends" but is stat-wise inferior to the minion drops from world quests. And... you might get 2-4 tier specific tokens.

Sure you get some AD (daily quests) for your efforts, but aside from padding out the crafting benny items (people or tools) I haven't found much use for it other than maybe getting a "better" side kick.

So why do I take my GF (who usually insta-parties) through the same dungeon 2-3 times in a row - sometimes more - daily? Because it is fun, the people usually are jerkasaureses mostly, and I learn a lot from watching others fight. That and the dungeons are cool to look at, nicely detailed, and I usually only get to view snippets each pass.

Sadly, the feeling hasn't been replicated yet in the foundry. I can't see how folks get a 4 star out of it unless folks are just picking the lesser of 2 evils.. a really bad map vs a map that isn't that bad.. My guess is the difference is the NW stock maps got about a 10+ pass test before being world tested. Lay the map out - test a run through and adjust alignment. Add mobs, test mob placement. Add mobs, adjust boss placements for pacing, test run. Add large decorations and lighting, test run to see if anyone can get stuck. Add medium size decorations, test run to see if anyone can get stuck. Add smaller debris, lights, wall hangings, ceiling hangings, test to see if anyone can get stuck. Do a few more aesthetic and pacing test runs.

Most founder maps seem more like a test of concept or something put together. Thankfully in 6 mo the four stars now will be 2 stars then as the founder maps will only get better.

I'll take a wipe. There is more broke than the not-to-be-typed-aloud exploit that got attention lately in the economy. I want my dungeon drops to be worth more than 8 silver 12 copper to a vendor.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, I support a wipe simply because the AH exploit is older than a day - the wrong cheater talked to the wrong cheater and it exploded in maybe 2-3 days, but it has to be older than a day. If the "economy is in ruins" due to the exploit why has Ad been selling for 344 Ad for 1 zen almost since launch? Why has zen been selling for 1 Zen for 375 AD almost since launch?

As for dungeons/foundry issues - current NW stock dungeon formula - flesh targets, flesh targets with a few mid-bosses, boss fight, chest, repeat 2,3 times end with a QUEST level and class specific dungeon completion rewards chest... most foundry missions I've played are flesh targets, mid-bosses, boss fight no chest, fight some more stuff, and the dungeon completion reward is level specific to the character but 99% of the time is not for the right class.

Dungeon raids - see above formula, but have the same stuff "dungeon blue" drop each time the dungeon is ran and you get some tier specific tokens at the end or some "dungeon blue" gear that NW claims is "recommended" but stats-wise is inferior to the stuff dropped after battling 20 minions and mini-bosses during a world quest.

Skirmishes are about the same but only 1/3 as long, only have a "first come, first serve" chest that serves 1, and after 2-3 runs you can get all the "dungeon blue" to make a set or two that once again NW "recommends" but is stat-wise inferior to the minion drops from world quests. And... you might get 2-4 tier specific tokens.

Sure you get some AD (daily quests) for your efforts, but aside from padding out the crafting benny items (people or tools) I haven't found much use for it other than maybe getting a "better" side kick.

So why do I take my GF (who usually insta-parties) through the same dungeon 2-3 times in a row - sometimes more - daily? Because it is fun, the people usually are jerkasaureses mostly, and I learn a lot from watching others fight. That and the dungeons are cool to look at, nicely detailed, and I usually only get to view snippets each pass.

Sadly, the feeling hasn't been replicated yet in the foundry. I can't see how folks get a 4 star out of it unless folks are just picking the lesser of 2 evils.. a really bad map vs a map that isn't that bad.. My guess is the difference is the NW stock maps got about a 10+ pass test before being world tested. Lay the map out - test a run through and adjust alignment. Add mobs, test mob placement. Add mobs, adjust boss placements for pacing, test run. Add large decorations and lighting, test run to see if anyone can get stuck. Add medium size decorations, test run to see if anyone can get stuck. Add smaller debris, lights, wall hangings, ceiling hangings, test to see if anyone can get stuck. Do a few more aesthetic and pacing test runs.

Most founder maps seem more like a test of concept or something put together. Thankfully in 6 mo the four stars now will be 2 stars then as the founder maps will only get better.

I'll take a wipe. There is more broke than the not-to-be-typed-aloud exploit that got attention lately in the economy. I want my dungeon drops to be worth more than 8 silver 12 copper to a vendor.
This discussion has been closed.