test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

System Requirements

cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I hate asking things like this because I know better..... but...

Anyone have a beat on what we are going to need to run this? Say if I can run champions online on near high quality... that should be sufficient right?

any guesses?
Post edited by cosmictimber on

Comments

• zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    From alot of the dev interviews from the conventions they have stated the game will be playable across a wide range of machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thanks... yeah that's what I've heard for the most part.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Yep, I've heard and been told several times that they are working on making the game function very well on low-mid range PCs and then for those who have beasts, that they'll be able to take advantage of that too.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    My only question is: Will there be High Def options like LOTRO has or will it all be the same just with different options for graphics?

I like being able to just download one client and having a lot of different options for graphical settings.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    say if i can run champions online on near high quality... That should be sufficient right?

yes! .....
    edited January 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    My only question is: Will there be High Def options like LOTRO has or will it all be the same just with different options for graphics?

I like being able to just download one client and having a lot of different options for graphical settings.

No public info available. Only that graphical spectrum will be broader than games before.

Also graphics will be gorgeous.
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Yep, I've heard and been told several times that they are working on making the game function very well on low-mid range PCs and then for those who have beasts, that they'll be able to take advantage of that too.

Was gonna look at the best pc's for building and came across this.WOW that thing must be the beast of all beasts LOL

http://scopegater.com/most-expensive-computer/
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since I have to run e.g. MathCAD on this machine anyway (which never worked properly under wine, so I used a VM for that) and also want to be able to play this game, I reimaged it to run Windows. There will be no support for Linux OS AFAIK.
    DDO under wine stopped working with a December update and I am tired of it anyway... the subscription ends March I think :/
    edited January 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    ... There will be no support for Linux OS AFAIK....

Says who?

A cryptic dev years ago said he runs Linux and will see to it that some way to support the game on Linux would be found.

I run Linux on PC too btw. Hence if he was lying, I can only play the game on Laptop. I am hoping he was not.

Where are you, the dev from years ago??? Appear! I invoke thee!!!
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Says who?

A cryptic dev years ago said he runs Linux and will see to it that some way to support the game on Linux would be found.

I run Linux on PC too btw. Hence if he was lying, I can only play the game on Laptop. I am hoping he was not.

Where are you, the dev from years ago??? Appear! I invoke thee!!!

Interesting :D
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread has a pic with the system requirements as of this time. My graphic display is actually below that one...
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    This thread has a pic with the system requirements as of this time. My graphic display is actually below that one...

If it is lower than 1024x760 then that means some elements will not work nicely for you. Some boxes may overflow etc - though you will be able to run the game perhaps. This is because it is like that in CO and engine is same.

It is designed for 1024x... although you can run it on 640x... too. The UI will become problematic, fonts wont show -etc etc etc
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Graphic Display is the card, not the screen resolution (at least refering to the mentioned pic). Games like Heroes VI or XCOM work well despite having the same "issue" for me, so I'd not mind if Neverwinter did too. Mostly because I cannot get new card (or probably computer) for a long while.
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Graphic Display is the card, not the screen resolution (at least refering to the mentioned pic). Games like Heroes VI or XCOM work well despite having the same "issue" for me, so I'd not mind if Neverwinter did too. Mostly because I cannot get new card (or probably computer) for a long while.

oops! Yeah my eyes got stuck on display ...

Those are recommended requirements not minimum requirements. It can run - if it can run CO, it should be able to run NW.
  • tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will I be able to run Neverwinter on my etch-a-sketch? If not, I have a Wooly Willie that I might also try; that has pretty crisp graphics and a good response time.

How much will I be able to tweak the graphics down to make it work? I managed to tweak the graphics on DDO to get it to run with just some paper and a pencil, although it was pretty slow.
    edited January 2013
    tinyish wrote: »
    Will I be able to run Neverwinter on my etch-a-sketch? If not, I have a Wooly Willie that I might also try; that has pretty crisp graphics and a good response time.

How much will I be able to tweak the graphics down to make it work? I managed to tweak the graphics on DDO to get it to run with just some paper and a pencil, although it was pretty slow.

If you just close your eyes after taking a sleeping pill, I think that should be enough... ...

However, it feels pretty realistic at that setting.

EDIT:
    Prepares his toolpicks and pickpocketing kit.
    edited January 2013
    tinyish wrote: »

DnD runs natively in pen and paper mode, so you should be fine with a beefed up etchasketch... i would think. After it comes out i might get a new bulb for my lite bright, but i'll see how it runs first with the old one. I don't mine tweaking it a bit, I just don't want to spend the extra money if i don't have to... know what I mean?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sometimes the etch a sketch has its display stuck and needs to be shaken.

As for the requirments, nohthing official has been listed, but see my FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Just wondering what the minimum specs for video are or if you have the option to turn things down or a low end computer option type?
    edited January 2013
    Nothing has been announced. There have been a few threads like this, including one that I started not too long ago.

Ultimately, if you can run other cryptic games... Champions Online or Star Trek Online, you have a pretty good shot to be running this at around the same level. If you are questioning... I would download either of those games and see where you stand with them as a reasonable litmus test.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    ok then i can run it cuz i run champions and sto pretty good not the best but playable!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the minimum specs for video are or if you have the option to turn things down or a low end computer option type?
    Your thread's been merged into this one, please review it as it has the best info about System Requirements that there is publicly available. The game is still too early into testing to give a public System Requirements list but as stated, they are working real hard to make the game run good on older machines and then for those who have power-house gaming computers, they'll be able to take advantage of their system too for Neverwinter.

Eventually, this page below will list the System Requirements:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/download
  • bountyhunter02bountyhunter02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Your thread's been merged into this one, please review it as it has the best info about System Requirements that there is publicly available. The game is still too early into testing to give a public System Requirements list but as stated, they are working real hard to make the game run good on older machines and then for those who have power-house gaming computers, they'll be able to take advantage of their system too for Neverwinter.

Eventually, this page below will list the System Requirements:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

"Does that mean windows 8 is compatible with Neverwinter?"
    edited January 2015
    "Does that mean windows 8 is compatible with Neverwinter?"
    Yes, this is a Windows PC Game. I'm running windows 8.1 and prior to that I was on 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Closing this as its a year old thread. Please consider making new threads rather than necroing threads that haven't been replied to for 30 days, per forum rules. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.